A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Halo Noob Modder117
About Contact
Last Post: Today @ 09:12 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Halo Noob Modder117 has contributed to 136 posts out of 464604 total posts (.03%) in 612 days (.22 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Unless Masterz releases everything as a working folder full of tags, one of my buddies has so far tinkered with and gotten every scenario and bsp working (don't know if they work with OS or non OS, left that detail out) and he's reversed engineered some weapons and bipeds to work as non OS tags so far. Hopefully he'll release them to all if Masterz doesn't eventually.

Oh this sounds fascinating. I really wish Halo 2 had a HEK like CE's...

Halo CE General Discussion » Anyone want to tinker with my marine? Sep 17, 2017 08:42 PM (Total replies: 2)

No that pack only has face alterations.

I want to make (or know if one already exists out there) armoured marines with the marine model's complete head and hat geometry and texture.

So far I chopped the armoured and marine heads off and placed it on the armoured marine's body but I keep getting an error and cant export it.

As I said unless one already exists does anyone want to grab mine and see if they can export it and share it with everyone?

Error: When I export my JMS I get this error: --Unknown property: "name" in undefined

The other window highlights line 793: format "%\n%\n" geom_materials[m].name "<none>" to:jms
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Sep 17, 2017 at 09:17 PM

I'm sorry I've been under a rock for a while but I thought you were part of CMT or their competition or something right? What's your project on?

I know a guy who's working on his own project (he got banned from here I think, you cant even see his profile). He sent me two map files of what I presume were CMT's a10 and b30 (it had their BSPs in it) though with all vanilla tags.

Boring stuff aside, he said he doesn't care and MIGHT release his entire tag folder so we can all tinker with CMT's extended campaign missions.

But in all honesty, I couldn't contain myself and already ripped his a10 and b30 and I'm currently having my own fun. Sorry Masterz, I'm sprinkling my own special goodies all over those mighty fine extended campaign missions of yours. I promise I wont distribute anything (cant promise anything from my benefactor though) but I'm enjoying those new areas and placing my own junk in them!

Guess I don't ever have to ask if we'd ever get access to the stuff to make our own edits!
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Sep 17, 2017 at 10:41 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Anyone want to tinker with my marine? Sep 17, 2017 10:19 AM (Total replies: 2)

As you know I gave up on custom characters because I keep getting a stupid material error that I cant seem to fix no matter what I do.

My plan: Make marine_armored variants that utilise the marine variant heads and hats.

Before if anyone is interested... Has this already been achieved and this post is pointless? If so do please let me know.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » An ideal setup for 3DS MAX 2013? Sep 16, 2017 09:58 AM (Total replies: 2)

Never mind all fixed... Once again an option somehow changed itself without my knowledge. Somehow I'm beginning to think something is haunting my programs...

Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Sep 16, 2017 at 11:05 AM

Already in an excellent one thanks.

So far I've done my scripts and I've not only replicated CMT's restorations but I've learned all the other functions.

So far I'm pleased to announce that the only mod issues I'm having is editing models and BSPs in 3DS. Otherwise, I can now do everything else.

Halo CE General Discussion » Universal UI Update? Sep 14, 2017 12:10 AM (Total replies: 26)

Quote: --- Original message by: SomeFan

SubhadeepJazz is making a UUI v2 as i think you know.. so here is some of his work
Main Menu
http://i.imgur.com/GHc32KH.jpg

Campaign selection menu idea 1
http://i.imgur.com/MiMEH8I.png

Campaign selection menu idea 2
http://i.imgur.com/1i8B86Y.png

Here's the public source https://www.reddit.com/r/halospv3/comments/4h3d2t/the_main_menu_interface/

Edited by SomeFan on Sep 12, 2017 at 11:58 PM

That's pretty sick... I like it... Though I do think his 'Fire Fight' should be changed to 'Firefight' as its displayed in traditional Halo menus, otherwise I think that UI is looking sweet.

So with permission, if I wanted to add my own campaign, multiplayer or firefight levels, how would I go about doing that? I know how to link pictures, descriptions etc. What tag or script do you need to alter for it to display other levels?
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Sep 14, 2017 at 12:12 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Playing with an Xbox One Controller. Sep 14, 2017 12:07 AM (Total replies: 6)

Can you pause the game? It wont let me map the back or start (2 squares and 3 lines buttons). My one controller works fine but I always have to hit the escape key on my computer to access the pause menu...

Ok, ill extract some biped models and follow a 'from scratch' tutorial and see if I can replicate edits. If I ever succeed I'll post an update and or make a guide.

EDIT: I made some progress but ill post my new issue here instead of making another thread since this is related to it.

When I export my JMS I get this error: --Unknown property: "name" in undefined

The other window highlights line 793: format "%\n%\n" geom_materials[m].name "<none>" to:jms

So what does this mean and how would I go about fixing this if its actually fixable?
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Sep 15, 2017 at 05:08 AM

Ok ill do this as a test.

I imported the armoured marine GBX into 3DS as you do with the 'run max script' thing, he appears all fine with his markers and all (minus the textures)...

I deleted his head and hid everything in the scene. I then ran the process again and imported the marine GBX and deleted everything except the head mesh.

I then unhid everything and linked every marker and mesh to the pelvis part (as seen in most tutorials).

So far I got an armoured marine with the marine head, all linked to the pelvis part, all its markers, meshes and no texture (I'm assuming I don't have to apply textures again? If not how do I import the model with its textures?)

So I then run the JMS export and it fails. I get that invalid name error that I listed in my previous post. I thought I'd get more information from tool but the debug didn't show anything.

That's basically the process. So my issue, I cannot combine other pieces of mesh to other GBX models without getting that error.

Sorry its the best I could put it. If its too complex to explain, is there a tutorial somewhere out there that explains how to EDIT EXISTING GBX models rather than the custom, from scratch creations?
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Sep 12, 2017 at 03:37 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Universal UI Update? Sep 12, 2017 03:10 AM (Total replies: 26)

I have a lazy somewhat fun solution to not have to update the UI ever again...

After releasing the updated version, why not leave a little 'how to' note and or assets to allow all users to add whatever extra maps they come across in the future that aren't included with the update?

Just food for thought.

I kinda did this a while ago and forgot the error...

Something about an '--unknown name in undefined' error after I tried exporting and that's it. Tool starts then says unable to do whatever and there really isn't anything on it.

For the life of me I cannot find anything about editing existing GBX models without breaking them.

Say if I wanted put an elite's head on a grunt's body, how would I do that?

Guys I'm having some issues regarding custom bipeds. I tried to replicate the 1 and only tutorial I could find and ended in utter failure.

Say if I wanted to edit some marine heads, how would I go about editing the existing GBX models without breaking them?

OR is there a way I can use assets from other GBX models through Guerrilla without using 3DS?

OR, or... Are there any GOOD tutorials that show in depth how to edit EXISTING bipeds, vehicles or whatever tutorials out there? There are only custom from scratch ones but all I intend on doing is editing Halo's assets.

My issue: After deleting a piece of the model or adding another piece from another model you can no longer export the model because something breaks.
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Sep 11, 2017 at 03:00 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » error vertex #1 has a bad point Sep 11, 2017 02:07 AM (Total replies: 12)

Damn this is happening to you too? I don't have an answer myself but from what I can tell so far, EVERY BSP from campaign, multiplayer and custom maps produce these same errors regardless if they worked previously. Maybe something is going wrong with the BSP extraction process???

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien- Show Encounter AI??? Sep 6, 2017 10:07 PM (Total replies: 5)

Guys, I've been watching a few videos lately and noticed when people are placing encounters in their maps, the AI seem to appear and walk around.

How come in my Sapien the AI do not show? All I get are the little ugly annoying to click coloured diamond things.

Is there a setting somewhere? It seems that in the videos, nobody presses anything to make encounters show, they just seem to show up when editing encounters. I'd love to know how to do this as it would save me from having to go in and out of Halo testing.

I think all the UI files should be ui.map or UI.map last time I screwed with them...

Hell if you have the tags, just compile the UI scenario into a map and profit?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 4, 2017 09:29 AM (Total replies: 12102)

I finished it and enjoyed it thoroughly however I got a few annoyances/bugs to point out about SPV3 so far...

1. The jackal flood forms sound VERY annoying and have no 'distant' SFX meaning as long as its alive, you'll hear the damn thing from a mile away until you hit a new load zone or kill it.

2. The Maw was way too dark considering the power the ship was still running on but I guess this was a thing to cater for the VISR mode.

3. On a rare occasion some flood forms will stand around unresponsive and invincible.

4. One of the doors on Halo (Alpha base I presume?) does not fit in the level geometry and clips though it when opening.

5. This probably couldn't of been avoided but some SFX quality was lacking compared to other new SFX.

6. There were probably a few balancing issues regarding some encounters throughout the game.

7. On The Maw when you kill the two banshees following E419 (probably not the exact trigger) whilst waiting on the platform you can be deleted from the game world (shows death cam pan) and reverted to last checkpoint.

8. Various grammatical errors in various data pads.

9. A few of the lights in the new B40/C40 BSPs are floating in the air (some pretty bad, very noticeable) rather than being attached to the actual BSP models.

10. According to the instructions for the Hawk, you actually cannot descend, at least on my ONE controller you couldn't anyway.

11. Some destroyed flood biomass puss bags do not become a destroyed model but appear as if it wasn't destroyed though losing its collision.

12. Reverting to previous checkpoints occasionally repair damaged vehicles and rarely resurrect destroyed vehicles.

13. When prompted to flip the Hawk an incorrect string is displayed, prompting you to flip a Banshee.

There were a few other bugs but I cannot remember...
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Sep 4, 2017 at 09:35 AM

From my experience, Sony fan boys are the worst. If you just mention you use Microsoft machines you'll never hear the end of it. Hell saying I play Xbox on a thread shared with Sony gamers e.g. the Destiny version of Bungie.net you are guaranteed to get unwarranted heat.

I know clearly who the short fused, 'up themselves' fan boys are. Like to see what they have to say once Sony pulls their thumb out from their rear end and joins the rest of the gaming community in creating a multi-platform online universe...

Halo CE General Discussion » The armor you all want Aug 31, 2017 11:24 AM (Total replies: 4)

Excuse me, who posted this photo without my consent?

Time: Sun September 24, 2017 10:45 PM 1,297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website