A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Halo Noob Modder117
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 10:07 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
When all mod plans fail just rip everyone elses...

Post Statistics
Halo Noob Modder117 has contributed to 180 posts out of 466539 total posts (.04%) in 826 days (.22 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Xbox and Halo PC Yesterday @ 10:07 AM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: PRPatxi
Gearbox designed the extra multiplayer maps that came in Halo PC.

Also:

http://images.eurogamer.net/2017/articles//a/1/8/8/0/3/0/4/010.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/600x-1/quality/80/format/jpg

That picture on the right brings a tear to my eye...

Halo CE General Discussion » MCC Bringing Halo CE maps to Xbox Apr 19, 2018 10:37 PM (Total replies: 8)

As exciting as it sounds to be able to play HCE map mods on HTMCC (AI maps with friends and campaign mods in coop) I dunno...

I'd rather have 343i create their own map design tools or release what they utilise now- similar to a Creation Kit like Fallout for instance.

The current tools, methods and instructions are too old, irrelevant, buggy and rubbish compared to what can be programmed today as seen in other games.
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Apr 19, 2018 at 10:40 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » The Thros' Alsthetic Two Betrayals Released! Apr 17, 2018 06:32 AM (Total replies: 31)

*This thing
https://i.imgur.com/ta3SL1Z.png

Ouch... That poor ODST's wrist looks like its fractured with a dislocation...

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Online v0.6.0 Releases This Friday Apr 17, 2018 06:29 AM (Total replies: 5)

I don't understand this... Hot mess... Nor the hype... For this El Dorito thing.

Halo 3 on PC? Every time those words are put into a sentence I just have to laugh a little bit. Some of the maps, bipeds and effects are Halo 3 but the rest are clearly not. Its just a hodgepodge mess of assets from Halo 3, Reach, 4 and H2A. Some of the 'Halo 3' mods on CE are more 'Halo 3' than that thing.

The thing is buggy, messy, dodgy, low budget mod looking and seems to me like it was made by a person who, although has a hard on for wanting to play Halo 3 on PC but is also swinging for Halo 4 and Reach all at the same time.

Maybe one day the ACTUAL Halo 3 or TMCC will also be on PC so that these odd looking Dorito mods running off of an independent engine stop hyping up really ugly tag messes that just look like some CE mod gone wrong...

x)

I've been reading forums and playing modded maps since the beginning.

I could never get my tools to work until 2015 or something. I made an account here not too long ago just to ask about my very first tag bug I encountered.

I started ripping EVERYTHING from maps to weapons to vehicles to bipeds.

I made my very first map in 2017. A test box.

My biped and scenario 3DS Max projects were a failure so I stopped modding altogether as I couldn't be bothered. Plus GTA and Fallout modding sucked me in because I had way more success there as Halo is way too old and lacks in various departments- requiring pointless forum posts, trials, errors and ultimate time wasting failures.

At least I can tinker with a hundred custom maps in Sapien and 2 SPV3 missions with stock tags and no OS (thank you guys, you know who you are)... But even that will get boring eventually. Hopefully MCC will have mod support. I always wanted a JTAG 360 for Halo 3 and ODST campaign modding...

That's my story.
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Mar 29, 2018 at 09:51 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition features in MCC Mar 11, 2018 11:24 AM (Total replies: 23)

...If they allow mod support for MCC or custom maps like CE...

I think I will never touch another game on PC, Xbox or Playstation again...

Better buy myself a bucket and stick a few MCC pictures all over it...
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Mar 11, 2018 at 11:25 AM

Goodness don't tell me your getting those errors with that fantastic map you've been showing off recently...

Halo CE General Discussion » [MaxScript] DixFix Mar 4, 2018 10:24 AM (Total replies: 3)

If only there was a max script that could allow for the edits of ripped BSPs so they wouldn't be destroyed and needing to be re-worked...
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Mar 4, 2018 at 10:25 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Doom 3 for Halo Ce Feb 21, 2018 10:08 AM (Total replies: 13)

OR... Go to a store and pay them for Doom 3...

So can someone catch me up on this whole Masterz vs Halonimator feud? I've seen these shots fired over the past few months but I think I missed something here...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Is my Adjutant Broken? Feb 14, 2018 10:37 AM (Total replies: 0)

So apart from it being the latest version, I've noticed some inconsistencies whilst using it for different Halo games.

I cannot preview or extract sounds from Halo CE and 2. Halo CE's sound tags show an xml error and Halo 2's sound tags don't have a preview or an extract tab.

ODST's assets are all mixed up e.g. previewing certain sounds (like dialog) are not what they say they are (plays gun fire sounds).

Some textures show up as rainbow pixels.
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Feb 14, 2018 at 10:48 AM

Pics and vids or no download

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Question about files/Hek, Hek+ Feb 12, 2018 07:08 PM (Total replies: 1)

It's basically like a reference or link to the GBX model and its animations. You can also modify the colours of permutations of some models (easily done with grunt bipeds for instance, though doesn't work with elites). Its also contains lots of camera and physics settings.

Assuming you've looked at a biped tag, that's pretty much it. They're just fun for placing dead bodies around the map, at least in my case.

Antrax is cool, he posts maps that aren't found anywhere else (well at least I don't seem to find some of them elsewhere...)

Thanks for the info people, I'll be diving into this head first over the weekend and have a go.

EDIT: well I have excellent news, I added a % after the glass and, after finally figuring which annoying little part had needed a % (alpha test!!!) I lost most of my triangles...

EDIT2: I did it. Finally. Most of my maps I made adding stock and slightly modified BSPs worked.

I do still have one little annoying thing on my mind though, some of a10's BSPs are impossible for me to edit. Is this even possible? Like if someone has actually had success in actually editing some of the stock a10 BSPs do please share the process you did so we can reference it for the future.

Making maps is fun but very time consuming. I wanted to cut up corridors and rooms and then create a collection of prefabs if you know what I mean and then have them as building blocks for future maps. Which I've partially done but you know, the ones I really want from a10 are an issue for me because I cannot even do anything with a10/d40 essentially.
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Feb 12, 2018 at 07:20 PM

Ahhh I get it now... So when extracting the BSPs, these materials don't come out with those special markers. Unless they're supposed to, do they? Can the BSP export with those or do I have to change them all myself again in 3ds max?

So the % is good for glass though I assume I just use it for those grate things too?

So... What is the simple fix for red triangle producing BSPs where the red triangles are the glass bits, grates etc.

I've been digging around and didn't want to bump similar hundred year old threads.

I gave up last year because my tools were failing me but now that I got everything working (finally) I've given mapping another shot.

But yeah use a10 as an example, import stock bsp into 3ds max, export altered or untouched stock bsp out of 3ds max=red triangles around windows, door frames, grate sections etc.

How do we bypass this? I assume I have to assign these areas or textures as a certain material?

Much appreciated. Loving the support floating around here this year so far, like this joint is becoming alive again.

Thanks for the info guys.

I don't know why I kept obsessing over the MP thing. That was more of a side thing. At least now I got some extra single player maps going in some lists.

On a side note, what the heck is Chimera? I must of missed the threads about it, sounds interesting...
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Feb 9, 2018 at 02:07 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Mapping Competition - $150 Given Away Feb 9, 2018 12:03 AM (Total replies: 8)

Spoiler alert! The competition has a fixed winner, CMT SPV3.

Ca'mon Planet Floods take the victory!

This is starting to make sense now... Your a book of knowledge Kirby, I was about to scrap this but because of your reply I'm going to keep going I guess.

Basically my format is nothing fancy, it is the exact same setup as the multiplayer map list. I just want to get this list right and I'm good.

Before I go fiddling around, as an example, the tag: mp_map_select_list_2.ui_widget_definition has the game data input script thing: mp map list update. I'm assuming this is what controls the mp maps already in all our UIs, lets say we wanted to add stinky.map to the end of the list, how do we replicate that script or make one from scratch?

The script part is probably my biggest issue. I thought I'd copy the UUI ones but sapien wasn't too happy with them... Better yet how do I even get the script to display as an option within the widget tag?

Alternative: Could you explain to me if you want, say if you wanted to add stinky map to an existing list or your own list, what is the EXACT process you'd do?

Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Feb 8, 2018 at 11:45 PM

Time: Thu April 26, 2018 12:06 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website