A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Halo Noob Modder117
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 7, 2018 09:12 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
I guess I'm just going to have to rip your tags

Post Statistics
Halo Noob Modder117 has contributed to 217 posts out of 467063 total posts (.05%) in 911 days (.24 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » weird activity... Jul 7, 2018 09:12 PM (Total replies: 6)

"Weird Activity"

...Yeah, this god damn forum sure does show a lot of 'weird activity' huh?

Is this site even moderated? Why are there so many pointless, nonsense and incomprehensible threads posted here?

I think this is what my buddies were talking about here a few years back. Is this a joke or what?

Halo CE General Discussion » How about an INTERIOR level/bsp tutorial? Jul 6, 2018 09:26 AM (Total replies: 16)

Alright then. I will go back at seeing what the heck these door frames want with their chunky red lines. Let's see how many months later it will be when I post that I finally discovered what I kept missing!

Halo CE General Discussion » How about an INTERIOR level/bsp tutorial? Jul 6, 2018 06:45 AM (Total replies: 16)

Yep. The same door frame areas with and without the portals produce the same results. I don't get it. Are the A10 bsps impossible to edit? The exterior ones always work but I just cannot edit any a10, a50 or other interiors in other levels...

Aside from CMT I'm just going to go on a limb here and assume since only 1 team managed to pull this off somehow I'm probably doing something way out of me league here...

This is why I like to rip sometimes... One can only spend so many days, weeks, months and years trying to make their own junk only to encounter unfixable errors...
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Jul 6, 2018 at 06:47 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Dreamweb 2 (Monthly Tag Releases) Jul 5, 2018 09:34 AM (Total replies: 75)

Although I love the pretty looking tags, like CE anniversary, the CMT stuff just don't cut it for me sometimes. I love new content but I just prefer the good'ol regular Halo assets.

I know its dumb, but I dunno. If I play with heavily modified graphical mods I have to play with that only. If I'm playing with regular vanilla alterations, I need to be using JUST that.

Too bad I couldn't have 2 Halo installs. One OS if I feel CMT/Heavily modified and one OG if I feel a basic, vanilla alteration mood.

Otherwise nice work as usual.

Halo CE General Discussion » How about an INTERIOR level/bsp tutorial? Jul 5, 2018 09:29 AM (Total replies: 16)

I triple checked my bsp (I've only gotten as far as doing the a10a bsp for my so far failed project) and I just cannot figure it out. I've added the special symbols for the windows and alpha test grates so they're no longer giving me triangles. Its just those damn door frames. I don't think the windowless bsps had skies but I made one anyway to test if it'd work but it didn't.

Whether or not I remove the portals everything still screws up. What if I tried welding the door frames and block them with a solid wall rather than them leading to a void? Or will that screw up the bsp transitions?

Halo CE General Discussion » Dreamweb 2 (Monthly Tag Releases) Jul 4, 2018 08:18 AM (Total replies: 75)

No no no you guys have it ALL wrong... The stuff looks nothing like this 'installation' whatever it is...

IT LOOKS LIKE HALO!! zOMG you people!

Halo CE General Discussion » How about an INTERIOR level/bsp tutorial? Jul 4, 2018 04:31 AM (Total replies: 16)

The usual crap. Something happened to my 32bit 2013 3DS MAX and I can no longer use it so I cannot import any WRLs any more either. BEFORE it MAGICALLY broke, the WRL just showed THICK red lines around every door frame with a portal. I assume I never sealed the level up properly with the portals? I'm probably doing something wrong with them. It's strange I usually get the 'hard to see' faded red lines but these ones are now THICK bright red lines.

building intermediate geometry...
building collision geometry...
### ERROR edge #8589 is open (red).
### ERROR edge #13027 is open (red).
### ERROR edge #13046 is open (red).
### ERROR edge #20318 is open (red).
### ERROR edge #20559 is open (red).
### ERROR edge #9999999 blablabla you've all seen these before (red).
### ERROR failed to build collision geometry.
### ERROR failed to import collision bsp.

I cannot paste a screenshot here for some reason. Anyway this one is an imported a10a bsp. WITH NO changes (apart from the material fixing so I could use it in Tool) and yeah as usual the triangles are always around the door frames where blast doors and smaller doors lead to the void on the edge of each hallway. Just plop one out and import it into 3DS MAX, heck try making an edit and I think you'll see what I mean. All I was doing with a10 was adding more rooms, but for some reason, the default bsps already come exported with errors regardless if you make any changes or not.
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Jul 4, 2018 at 04:37 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » How about an INTERIOR level/bsp tutorial? Jul 3, 2018 07:39 AM (Total replies: 16)

I'll be more specific with my issue. So basically on one side of my hallway there are no red lines currently present according to the WRL and Tool, only the parts where I have to define the correct materials and suffixes. After I edit the glass and alpha_test materials I re-use Tool to fix these red parts.

After I use Tool, my old triangles (the material ones) are gone but a bunch of new ones appear in random places on the mesh. I don't understand, the geometry doesn't change nor does the material for those sections so where on Earth are these red things coming from? There are no holes, the textures are correct and nothing changes. They just become red after I remove my original triangles...
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Jul 3, 2018 at 07:42 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » How about an INTERIOR level/bsp tutorial? Jul 2, 2018 05:51 AM (Total replies: 16)

You know its been years since I installed all the crap and I wouldn't have a clue for the life of me... It was some Bluestreak GBX importer and exporter... What's the modern thing I should be using? For comparison sake IF I am using an old one.

Fake errors? Sounds true. I fix one triangle then all of a sudden a new one appears on the other side of the model for no reason that was never originally there. I got so excited seeing less and less triangles and making progress after all these years but Tool just reached out "Years later and you figure it out? Well Ima chuck some more errors your way" I'm cursed I swear. I'm sick of ripping, I just want to make my own things for once!!

Secretly I was hoping for some kind person to go "hey give me your file and I'll look at it" but rather than giving it back to me fixed, just tell me what's wrong and I can learn myself. Hint hint.

EDIT: Its the 1.0.2 JMS exporter.
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Jul 2, 2018 at 05:53 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » How about an INTERIOR level/bsp tutorial? Jul 1, 2018 09:44 PM (Total replies: 16)

See! Again!!! How am I not finding these? I'll take a look. I know how to model, make a map etc. Well at least edit some exteriors and make... A box...

I was asking about this last year, I was trying to make vanilla edits to existing campaign maps. Every time I fix the texture prefixes and use Tool it literally CREATES NEW red lines that weren't originally there.

Say I had 1 triangle there, I fixed that and then recompile thinking "yes last one done" and then Tool shows me a new one that wasn't there. So this is my new issue and I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong with the method. Hence why I ask about interiors as I followed exterior tutorials thinking it doesn't work out.

Anyway I'll watch these after and try again. Thanks for that.

Halo CE General Discussion » How about an INTERIOR level/bsp tutorial? Jun 30, 2018 11:37 PM (Total replies: 16)

Hey guys, unless once again there is one hiding somewhere from me whilst I've been searching, where are all the interior level/BSP creation tutorials/notes at?

I assume there aren't any because making an exterior BSP is essentially the same thing? ...Like adding a sky to an interior?

I think some new, if not outdated tutorials need to be created or recreated.

Side note- Any firefight map creation tutorial VIDEOS? I read a PDF but it was a little hard to follow. Pictures/Videos are a better medium so rather than trying to figure out/comprehend stuff you can just watch and click and not waste yours and other people's time asking stupid little questions on this forum. Benefits everyone I guess.

Cross... What on Earth is this even about? Go look at my messages over in the map/technical section, I've got 2 unanswered posts there (one is for me and the other I posted on my buddies behalf) with a few views each but no replies.

Back onto your story, rant or cryptic message, what if they're using VPNs? How do you know for sure if they are the actual IPs?

Well after I figured out how to do things properly in 3DS MAX and create successful scenery models, I decided to go back to editing bsps and hoping I'd make a break through. So far I had fixed triangles and materials blablabla and followed 2hours worth of tutorials and got to the final stage.

Its just too bad there are no tutorials on interior/campaign mission bsp edits. I perfected everything (finally) but no matter what I do, weld, create new shapes, bridge edges or import portals, the edges around my doorways (see the 1st a10 bsp for reference) continue to remain as open edges.

Ideas? I guess I missed something dumb and small again? Can some professional whip up a quick interior bsp edit tutorial like Flanker's epic HEK BSP Extraction And Modification Tutorial? I've been at it all week and like a rage-inducing video game, I've never raged at a computer screen before, yet alone something that's not a video game, therefore I think its time to ask for... HELP!

EDIT: Nothing? There are no tutorials covering this. Just multiplayer edits, exterior edits and scratch creations. Just need a simple campaign edit and or include the indoor element of it.
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Jun 23, 2018 at 10:13 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Biped Death Positions/Poses Jun 17, 2018 09:49 PM (Total replies: 2)

Oh no no we knew that. He wants to know if you can place a biped with a specific death pose rather than it spawning in the default pose.

You know how when you place a biped in Sapien and check the dead flag so it spawns and dies in game? Rather than laying on its chest couldn't you control whether it could be in the death pose on its back like when you kill him from the front?

I'm trying my best to comprehend what he's asking but its hard to type in words.

Example: If you look at all the default death poses of the marine bipeds at the lifepod you crash in on A30 they're all laying face down. I assume somewhere in one of the tags you can delete or change something and make it so for example the marines, when placed dead, lay belly up (the position when they fall back from getting killed from the front).

Sorry its the best I could put it.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Biped Death Positions/Poses Jun 16, 2018 11:15 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hey guys, I'm asking this on behalf of a friend. I think I get what he's talking about...

When you place a dead biped lets say a marine for example. They lay flat on their stomach. In newer Halo games their default death position is the pose after they've been blown up or have fallen to their death.

Can a death pose be chosen in Sapien or Guerrilla?

Halo CE General Discussion » THEY FINALLY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jun 16, 2018 11:05 PM (Total replies: 8)

Me and my mates loved the Halo 2/3 era artwork. Mostly Halo 3. Halo 4 and beyond artwork is just WAAAAAY to corny and just too much...

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jun 16, 2018 11:03 PM (Total replies: 126)

surge of recognition to strike team 6, this is captain fiefel. crates are inbound, give my men a home

Did I make the cut?!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Please! I'm Losing my Mind!!! Jun 13, 2018 10:09 PM (Total replies: 9)

Cheers. I need to make a document containing some useful Sapien commands...

UPDATE: All is going well for once. I managed to get the orb around my object however no matter what I tinker with, my 'wireframe' looking object never moves and is not aligned with my object...

Could it be Tool or 3DS MAX? I extract the JMS to models and physics and then use Tool for the stuff but the collision-geometry always comes out to the left of my object...? Waaah?

EDIT: Well I didn't find out how to move the wireframe BUT I found out how to move the object to the wireframe. In the .gbxmodel tag I went to NODES and moved the frames default transition. So now I moved my object to the collision (wireframe) and they are together. Is this alright to do? Does moving the frame's default transition break anything?

EDIT2: ITS DONE. For once I can turn off my computer with closure. Hopefully this thread will help others in the future with this same issue read this and also have success. I just made my very first GBX model related mod! Maybe one day I can do those BSP and Biped mods I always wanted to do...
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Jun 13, 2018 at 10:52 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Campaign Request For Halo ce Jun 13, 2018 10:31 AM (Total replies: 16)

I LOVED Halo 2 and Halo 3 assets. The sandboxes of vehicles and weapons and some of the scenarios. Would of been a blast to mod like CE.

Imagine one day, MCC gets mod support and Tools are released to do just that for every Halo game in it.

I swear I will never touch another game again if that happened.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Please! I'm Losing my Mind!!! Jun 13, 2018 10:22 AM (Total replies: 9)

This is what infuriates me... I Google so much crap and then there are these massive pages or sets of videos that I can never find via search. I guess my Google is just as broken sometimes?

I'm going to bed and will study these videos later. For now quickly, how do you guys check the collisions in Sapien? My object has the collision but its way smaller than my model some how and placed around the top right of it rather than being around the whole thing. I know how to change the bounding radius and render stuff but how did you get the sphere and black lines to display in Sapien? I need a visual aid there to save me from building a map and going in and out of the game.

Once again I spent half an hour on Google... The only results I get regarding that have nothing to do with Halo... Its probably beyond too late but you guys will not understand the amount of enjoyment I feel being able to finally get models into Halo. Just wish I could get passed that unknown texture glitch when I do bipeds...

Are there any better 3DS MAX scripts out there I should be using? I assume most of my issues are caused by it as when I test the process on default stuff already in game many issues occur.
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Jun 13, 2018 at 10:28 AM

Time: Fri July 20, 2018 5:04 AM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website