A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Rhinox117
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 18, 2018 07:52 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 1000
What Games do you play: Halo
Want a kebab?

Post Statistics
Rhinox117 has contributed to 22 posts out of 467041 total posts (0.00%) in 897 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200

do i do cd ce dir then the command, also do i put my bitmaps folder into ce's bitmaps folder?
i am confusion
Edited by Reshirom200 on Jun 17, 2018 at 11:39 PM

The route is "data\bitmpas\Reshirom200"
(Put your .tiff into Reshirom200)

Use this command:
"tool bitmaps \bitmaps\Reshirom200"

And your texture is stored in "tags\bitmaps\Reshirom200"
Edited by Rhinox117 on Jun 18, 2018 at 08:05 AM
Edited by Rhinox117 on Jun 18, 2018 at 01:32 PM

Firts you can use gimp (or photoshop with the NVIDIA plugin)

You can use these resolution sizes for example:

32x32
64x64
128x128
256x256
246x512
256x1024
512x512
1024x1024

Or combine the sizes 512x1024

Then create a folder named Bitmaps into the folder data and inside bitmaps create a folder with "your-name" for example..

Now export your texture on .tiff format to "your-name" folder.

Use the CMD with the next command
"Tool bitmaps \bitmaps\your-name"

Without quotes""

Now you have a bitmap check bitmaps folder into the folder "tags".

---------------------

And i remeber the background loading is on ui/hud or ui/shell.
Edited by Rhinox117 on Jun 17, 2018 at 09:30 PM
Edited by Rhinox117 on Jun 17, 2018 at 09:35 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bump mapping similar to xbox? Xbox sounds? Jun 17, 2018 09:01 PM (Total replies: 3)

Thank you so much my question was quality, then .ogg is better.

I was try the xbox sounds with some errors because many sounds are not in mono,but work perfectly.

And i was noticed the spanish version from pc contain english dialogs in-game, not like the xbox version. It's weird

The cube map bumped... Im try to recreate the bump of the xbox version.
Edited by Rhinox117 on Jun 17, 2018 at 09:02 PM
Edited by Rhinox117 on Jun 17, 2018 at 09:03 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bump mapping similar to xbox? Xbox sounds? Jun 14, 2018 08:54 AM (Total replies: 3)

Without open sauce, it's possible?
I'm doing a graphics recreación of the xbox version.

The other question, it's a good idea or not include xbox sounds on pc maps?
Edited by Rhinox117 on Jun 14, 2018 at 08:54 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Tool model not work Jun 5, 2018 11:33 AM (Total replies: 2)

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Create a "models" folder inside the "box" path and place the jms there. Run tool again with the same command in the screenshot and it should work

Thank you so much, now work properly

If somebody has been "failed to import geometry" just linking the object frame.
Edited by Rhinox117 on Jun 13, 2018 at 07:52 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Tool model not work Jun 5, 2018 08:35 AM (Total replies: 2)

I've been trying to fix this for one week and nothing, I'm gonna go crazy.
In theory it should not give problems.

Edited by Rhinox117 on Jun 5, 2018 at 08:36 AM
Edited by Rhinox117 on Jun 5, 2018 at 08:39 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » There was no geometry to export, some help? Jun 1, 2018 08:15 AM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

JMS exporter will stubbornly refuse to work once it has displayed an error, close the exporter and try again when it does.

Make sure your uncompiled level is under data\levels rather than tags\levels

And finally, tool automatically looks in data, so if your model were in the levels folder it'd be structure levels\levelname BSPname

(and not data\levels\levelname)

--------

If it's a newly created level, your main geometry needs at the very least:
A Multi/Sub-Object material applied to it with at least one Standard submaterial. You probably did all of this, but a reminder is always good

The main geometry must also be visible(not hidden) when it's time to export.
Edited by OrangeJuice on May 30, 2018 at 11:43 PM

I know, i have my folder inside of data.
I'm following this tutorial: https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/images/0672328046/samplechapter/0672328046_ch03.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj_4uG1tLLbAhXGwBQKHURCAw0QFjANegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0MVjbRsP-U7WtsDvWMB_tY

I have exported, weapons, scenery etc but nothing, I do not know why it does not compile, I do not know what I'm doing wrong i have a file with my .3ds and .jms
https://mega.nz/#!5np0DKra!MM29TuYT__FlB4NSOkMBK_7vV1YyexwQ6M2Yb1DW0ME
Edited by Rhinox117 on Jun 1, 2018 at 10:55 AM
Edited by Rhinox117 on Jun 1, 2018 at 10:58 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » There was no geometry to export, some help? May 30, 2018 10:14 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Link your geometry to any object, and name that object "frame".

Yes, i did that, export correctly but later the Tool_Pro or Cmd does not find the models, i use "tool_pro model \rhinox" the tool closes when i put the command.

Halo CE General Discussion » There was no geometry to export, some help? May 30, 2018 06:39 PM (Total replies: 4)

at first I had this error "There was no geometry to export" im using 3ds max 2008
with bluestreak & blitzrkieg, when I fixed the error (or I suppose that)export the model but the Tool not convert nothing, I want to resume a project and this is stopping me, this is my first time modelling on 3ds max but i used blender at the past a long time.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to use custom models? Jan 26, 2017 06:55 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
If you have used 3dsmax before then this won't be too hard, but you need it and the jms exporter script from halomaps to export models.

Here is some help with it: http://hce.halomaps.org/hek/index.html?start=references/level_design/mp_level_design/mp_ld_level_exporting.html
thought keep in mind that for models that are not levels you won't need portals and render only models don't need to be sealed.

And the command for importing a model using tool is "tool model" and for bsp it is "tool structure"
I don't really have the time to explain it in more detail or better and I can't find any tutorials that go a bit deeper than the one that came with the hek, so this will have to do for now. Post your issues in this tread if you have any.

Thank you so much, im using 3ds max 2010 with those scrips but i have errors, Would you know if there is any tutorial here in halo maps? I think I'm doing everything wrong.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to use custom models? Jan 25, 2017 08:36 AM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
Are you trying to import models into halo or export models out of halo?

Im trying to import models into halo ce

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to use custom models? Jan 23, 2017 04:43 PM (Total replies: 12)

Hi, I'm really noobie at editing maps, can someone tell me how to use custom models? Have i to convert the .fbx .obj to .gbx?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo CE Restoration Mod Feb 9, 2016 08:47 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
are you using HEK or HMT, eschaton ??

I am using HEK (Guerrilla), any idea?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo CE Restoration Mod Feb 9, 2016 08:12 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

How are you going to fix the rainbow glass.
Edited by Super Flanker on Feb 9, 2016 at 06:38 PM
Editing the cube map glass with photoshop and lowering the brightness,In the next step i want recreate the effect of the portable plasma shield but i have not idea how it works the plasma shader with this tag

If anyone knows how it works to tell me
Edited by Zangetsu on Feb 9, 2016 at 08:16 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo CE Restoration Mod Feb 9, 2016 06:06 PM (Total replies: 24)

this is my project Restoration Mod,i am planning to restore and recreate some visual aspects of the xbox version,so,im planning restored and recreate not remove fuelrod,flamethrower,rocket-warthog etc...
I will to restore the campaign and multiplayers maps

captain keyes PC skin vs Captain keyes XBOX skin

PC Assault Rifle shaders vs XBOX Assault Rifle shaders And cleaned glass
Edited by Zangetsu on Feb 9, 2016 at 06:07 PM
Edited by Zangetsu on Feb 9, 2016 at 06:11 PM
Edited by Zangetsu on Feb 9, 2016 at 06:14 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » i cant compile .scenario to .map Feb 3, 2016 09:44 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky

There is a collection of single player campaign tags. But before you download them, see if naming the .scenario tag to something else will work. Run the console in administrator mode. Remove the existing single player map file from your maps folder, so it does not get replaced, or cause a failure in trying to replace it. Set the .scenario as a single player type at the top of the tag data in Guerilla.
Edited by sparky on Feb 3, 2016 at 04:00 PM

I finally got compile my campaign map sorry for all the trouble,thank you so much to all im working on my (halo restoration pack)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » i cant compile .scenario to .map Feb 3, 2016 01:37 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Zangetsu

The .scenario tag for your new level should be located somewhere within your tags directory. Find it, then copy the directory location string at the top of the Windows Explorer window, starting from the '/' after "tags". Paste that as the scenario path:

tool build-cache-file "the\tag\path\string\to\the\folder\containing\your\.scenario\tag"

Sorry,I do not understand anything,im using "tool.exe build-cache-file levels\a10\a10" it's not correct? I copy the tags of "a10" on a10 folder
Edited by Zangetsu on Feb 3, 2016 at 08:03 AM

Go into your level folder and check that their is an a10.scenario file actually there.
Yup.the .scenario file is in the folder. I'm trying to edit the campaign and i know edit the multiplayer maps correctly,i cant understand that
Edited by Zangetsu on Feb 3, 2016 at 01:39 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » i cant compile .scenario to .map Feb 3, 2016 08:00 AM (Total replies: 7)

The .scenario tag for your new level should be located somewhere within your tags directory. Find it, then copy the directory location string at the top of the Windows Explorer window, starting from the '/' after "tags". Paste that as the scenario path:

tool build-cache-file "the\tag\path\string\to\the\folder\containing\your\.scenario\tag"

Sorry,I do not understand anything,im using "tool.exe build-cache-file levels\a10\a10" it's not correct? I copy the tags of "a10" on a10 folder
Edited by Zangetsu on Feb 3, 2016 at 08:03 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Why i cant edit the campaign levels? Feb 2, 2016 05:11 PM (Total replies: 0)

i can edit and compile the multiplayer maps correctly but when i try to compile campaign levels i cant.
so,my method is replace the tags of a10
(C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\tags\levels\a10)
i know I have to be doing something wrong,please can anybody help me?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I cant extract .Scenario Pleae Help! Feb 2, 2016 03:33 PM (Total replies: 3)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr-BTHBIokk

I know extract tags,the problem is the version of hek plus,i tested your Hek plus version and works correctly on my windows 8.1 Thank you so much
you saved my life

Time: Tue July 17, 2018 3:47 PM 985 ms.
A Halo Maps Website