A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: notrododo93
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 7, 2017 04:00 PM
Interests: Effects creator, lame porter
Your Age: 23
What Games do you play: Halo CE, LOTR ROTW
Project Armonia lead (and only) developer

Post Statistics
notrododo93 has contributed to 46 posts out of 464614 total posts (.01%) in 550 days (.08 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » (Release) [CEX] Ice Land Sep 7, 2017 04:00 PM (Total replies: 7)

love

Just use Adjutant

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Armonia Aug 22, 2017 07:36 AM (Total replies: 37)

When Michelle is reviewing your work, you'd better be paying all due attention to your shaders.
Edited by notrododo93 on Aug 22, 2017 at 07:50 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Armonia Aug 22, 2017 06:01 AM (Total replies: 37)

The easiest way to know if there are updates is by directly asking me, on Discord or via e-mail, since I check this place once per month at best. There are some updates on my YT channel, but not everything is showcased there; for example, there is nothing about the new bipeds I have ported -which will not be used in Armonia, but will still be released-, or the new vehicles.

Anyway, since some people here seemingly want to know what I've been doing -SPOILER: not just 3 muzzle flares in a month- I'll post some screenshots here.

Family portrait of all the Covie lurking around

Before you ask: yes, that big guy in the middle is the Arbiter from H2A, and the skirmishers use CMT animation set -not too fond of it, but I am not going to make a new one from scratch.

The pelican, inside and outside

The scorpion -still a lot of work to do on that one, but it will stay unfinished until I am done with muzzle flares

Various iterations of the dropship; a pure Reach one, a pure CEA one -compatible with campaign- and an hybrid between the two

And some shade turrets

Edited by notrododo93 on Aug 22, 2017 at 06:02 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Armonia Jun 18, 2017 05:16 PM (Total replies: 37)

If you were hoping for something that would arrive quickly... sorry, guys, but you misunderstood me. It's just me and me alone, against an engine not too willing to cooperate and that just LOVES to raise exceptions whenever it can.

You can have a pic of what I'm doing right now, though.

Revenant is ready, ghost is almost ready, wraith is ready, warthog is being worked on, and now I even have a nice biped.

Oh, and I made frag\plasma grenades too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs5_yN2u05c

So, yes, development is going through. Unfortunately there is a lot of stuff to do and only one me working on that.
Edited by notrododo93 on Jun 18, 2017 at 06:46 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Armonia May 24, 2017 03:03 PM (Total replies: 37)

Progress has been slowing because I'm the only one working on this, I have been having problems with my maps (I'm not as experienced as many other map makers around) and, last but not least, I'm working 12 hours per day, and I'm moving in to a new home... which means I don't even have the weeked to work on the project. In June things will get moving again, as I will be in the new home and I'll at least have Saturday and Sunday to get things done.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Armonia Mar 28, 2017 01:39 PM (Total replies: 37)

I am, as long as they fit the style of the project.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Armonia Mar 26, 2017 08:55 AM (Total replies: 37)

I'm not dead, the project is still alive and moving. But this thread was about finding people to help me, it was not meant to be the "Official project armonia thread".

Halo CE General Discussion » JMS exporter update Mar 25, 2017 08:00 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Well you might as well make it export models with node list checksum of 0 so you would never need to manually change them if they don't match. Unless you've already done that.

The version uploaded there has a fixed checksum of 3251; I made a version where you can choose the checksum as well, but it still is untested and I didn't know it would be interesting.

Halo CE General Discussion » JMS exporter update Mar 25, 2017 07:44 PM (Total replies: 11)

And this one support regions AND marker radius. Use this one.

Halo CE General Discussion » JMS exporter update Mar 25, 2017 07:06 PM (Total replies: 11)

Because it supported regions.

Halo CE General Discussion » JMS exporter update Mar 25, 2017 05:51 PM (Total replies: 11)

I quickly made this update for the JMS exporter 1.0.2 (the one with support for regions); now it can export marker radius along with everything else, giving you a more complete tool.

Marker radius in CE is used when making physics for vehicles and when building pathfinding data for sceneries\vehicles\bipeds\whatever (with "#pathfinder" markers in the collision geometry). The old version of the JMS exporter didn't export that, overwriting your value with a default 2.0 radius. No more manually fixing all your markers in Guerrilla; the exporter will handle that.

There may be bugs (even though I doubt that) as I didn't test it intensively, so don't overwrite your old exporter, just to be sure. Enjoy.

https://www.mediafire.com/?gx933aft6zorjyq
Edited by notrododo93 on Mar 25, 2017 at 06:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Ammonia Mar 9, 2017 04:49 PM (Total replies: 12)

This was 𝑅 𝑈 𝐷 𝐸

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Armonia Mar 5, 2017 12:02 PM (Total replies: 37)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

So uh..... All we have to do to participate is modernize some stockmaps ?

I haven't done anything yet
Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 4, 2017 at 02:37 AM

And make new maps as well.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Armonia Feb 24, 2017 10:24 AM (Total replies: 37)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
OP You need to provided your unique hash number along with your discord username in order for peeps to be able to bug you.

Thanks for the tip
Quote: --- Original message by: Ganon
I really like the visuals of your hang em, but dislike the geometry additions to red base. What you did in the blue side tunnels is neat. When adding geometry to a pre-existing map, consider building geometry around the areas between flags, rather than the space behind them.

If I were in you, I would add a tunnel "under" red base leading here:
http://i.imgur.com/rzvkaFN.jpg

Ideas for the other end could be one of these:
http://i.imgur.com/ie5WPNm.jpg

When you finish these, make classic versions as well. Some people aren't fans of custom content beyond level bsp.

There will be a dedicated thread for that when the time comes.. Right now I'm just searching for people willing to help me.

Halo CE General Discussion » actor colors in single player Feb 24, 2017 05:08 AM (Total replies: 5)

The grunt minor has its color value in the biped tag

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Armonia Feb 24, 2017 03:55 AM (Total replies: 37)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
That hang em high remake looks really good. Is that a rip or something?

I took the old BSP as a base and added all the details I could.

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
Couldn't you prototype the BSP in another engine while testing tags on a simple testmap to save time against debug lightmaps?

I have no other engine right now tbh. And the tags (scenery\my not shown bipeds\vehicles\weapons\vfx) are being tested on Bloodgulch.

Quote: --- Original message by: Alex
This is awesome. I'd love to join but currently learning 3dsmax and don't feel comfortable enough.

I am learning 3ds Max too, though.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Armonia Feb 24, 2017 03:23 AM (Total replies: 37)

WHAT IS THIS PROJECT ARMONIA?

Project Armonia is about revamping most, if not all, the multiplayer maps of HCE with a mix of CEA and Reach style. I want to push the engine to its very limits, offering the best visual experience I can. Maps will be released on the *.map format, but OS additions will be present for those who want more eye candy, from soft particles to bump maps. Some tags will be ripped from later Halo Games (mostly textures and bipeds\weapons\vehicles, as I don't have time to make them all by myself); some will not and the BSPs will be completely custom, taking the base models we all know and working on them until they get as much detail as we could possibly fit into.

WHY AM I HERE?

Because I have come to realize that I can't do this all by myself. I don't have enough talent nor time to do so, as A LOT of maps are being planned. Besides... the project is pushing the engine so much that my pc can't even handle development in a reasonable amount of time. My pc needs something like 2 days just to render a debug lightmap; I can't work like that. So I am here to ask for help from the community.

WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN?

Because I am serious about what I'm doing. I have learned throughout the years that coming to this forum asking for help doesn't work well, unless you have something to show. This is what the project will include.
There will be seven forerunner themed maps: Prudentia, Iustitia, Fortituto, Temperantia, Fides, Spes, Caritas.
Seven covenant maps: Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, Pride; taking place in the planets of the races these vices affect.
Four human maps; Bravery, Sacrifice, Discipline, Brotherhood.
Sever maps set on the outside (right now I am working on Carnage, the remake of Bloodgulch)

and, BONUS, there will be Solitude, a map with space battles.

HOW CAN WE BE SURE THAT THIS PROJECT IS WORTH SOMETHING?

On the BSP side, I can show you the three maps whose development is going on

Solitude

Iustitia (I don't know how to incorporate a video into a post lol)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJdcWjlwkF8

Carnage (only in 3DS Max because, as I have said, I couldn't render debug lightmaps of it)

On the objects\vfx side I can show you some vehicles I have ported

the revenant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEgW8LU5dqs
And its vfx in slow motion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZUkpP2p7jw

the banshee + space banshee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4RAaE80Y7I&t=1s

The wraith (this shows an old VFX)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRIzyBATAQI

All the vehicles shown have regions + damaged permutations + damaged effects. Whether or not damaged vehicles will be included in the final release will be decided on gameplay\engine reasons.

As you can see, pretty much everything is WIP, but there is something going on. Some guys are helping me out in their spare time, but it's not enough. I need help to bring this project to life; Halo community, let's show the world what we can do.

Applications can be sent via email at my mail (rododo93@hotmail.it) or via Discord (rododo93, #8279).

notrododo93
Edited by notrododo93 on Feb 24, 2017 at 10:46 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Halo Anniversary HUD Jan 9, 2017 07:01 AM (Total replies: 6)

This
is
good

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Updated OS_Guerilla Dec 17, 2016 06:35 AM (Total replies: 5)

Me like this, downloading right now

Time: Tue September 26, 2017 5:15 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website