A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Alex
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 16, 2017 06:34 PM
Website: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGoLL7m3C7LdBDAJc6jjHpQ
Interests: Halo, Level Design & Sound Design :-)
Your Age: Not for you to know...
What Games do you play: Halo, Star Wars Republic Commando & Many Other Masterpieces!

Post Statistics
Alex has contributed to 267 posts out of 461531 total posts (.06%) in 341 days (.78 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 16, 2017 06:34 PM (Total replies: 70)

Not cinematic enough 2/10 - Ubisoft

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 9, 2017 08:05 AM (Total replies: 11908)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

Dear Not_mooks:

At least my draws and 2d animations arent ugly and tarded. Go to school and learn how to draw and animate before you critic a better modder.
-The legendary Halonimator
Edited by Halonimator on Mar 8, 2017 at 09:08 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: CHRISPOCALYP5E

Quote: --- Original message by: Alex
HaloNoobModder117 all over again.

Probably the funniest, somewhat irrelevant post here. Sorry to burst your bubble but sadly I can read and comprehend and that dude was arguing with users over tags. Just stop being so obnoxious. Okay, back to relevance.
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 7, 2017 at 04:49 PM

I'm sorry for not full comprehending but it does have its similarities.
- Guy wants to do project.
- Peolple say it's to much for him
- Guy fights back and says it isn't
= Drama

HaloNoobModder117 all over again.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Omega Campaign Feb 25, 2017 06:48 AM (Total replies: 66)

gib beta pls :v

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Armonia Feb 24, 2017 03:44 AM (Total replies: 18)

This is awesome. I'd love to join but currently learning 3dsmax and don't feel comfortable enough.

You should make your own folder for your test maps and not use other already used folders. Create one by going to your data directory and create a folder, name it whatever you want.

Inside that folder make 2 new folders called models and bitmaps.

Copy the tutorials ground bitmap from the tutorial bitmap folder into your own bitmap folder.

Change the directory in your material editor in max to your newly placed bitmap inside your bitmaps folder.

Make sure the map is correctly linked to the frame and export it. Personally I use JMS Exporter v 1.0.2 by CtrlAltDestroy, https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj2hszv85TSAhXkL8AKHdzCBpMQFgghMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhce.halomaps.org%2Findex.cfm%3Ffid%3D3819&usg=AFQjCNFsObeEf1Cbtm-RsYr5Xm9gkiCoYQ&sig2=prjxz6IRkd4yqlfS9n6eQg&bvm=bv.147134024,d.ZGg . Open it inside of max by going to scripting then to run script then open up the script. Click export jms data the navigate to your data directory then go inside models and export it to there.

Name it whatever you want. Then go inside tool (RUN AS ADMIN) Then type the following: tool bitmaps levels/*insert folder name here*/bitmaps

Run it and it should work. Then, type the following: tool structure levels/*Insert folder name here* *Insert JMS file name here*

Hit enter. It should compile successfully. Normally when you have more materials it should come up with something saying which shaders you want. In this case it hasn't happened so you shouldn't worry. It should just compile successfully. You can create your shader manually later.

I get the same thing where it says there is 0kb collision data but that is most likely because the map is so simple it's hardly anything. However I don't get the map is corrupt error because I probably didn't use a already used folder. Hope this helps!

Edited by Alex on Feb 17, 2017 at 07:04 AM
Edited by Alex on Feb 17, 2017 at 07:05 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 16, 2017 07:10 AM (Total replies: 11204)

What happened to Planet Flood C?

Halo CE General Discussion » Jesse's Thread of Unamazing Things. Feb 15, 2017 07:15 PM (Total replies: 400)

The textures seem to repeat itself to many times. Apart from that, very good work indeed!

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man
You can thank yours truely for making this happen

What did he mean by this?

You don't know? Masterz is the reason why anything is awesome.

Didn't work on you apparently.

Masterz plz if u continu to roast ppl i will have to leek spv3 part 2 betas

Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man
You can thank yours truely for making this happen

What did he mean by this?

Probably Masters got Hardy and Act Man in touch?

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=48696 I also got to interview him, he's a really nice guy.

Very nice guy. I hope he does more interviews.

Just thought I should post this here. Very interesting watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OheqVrMGPv0&t=2055s

Video by The Act Man

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Feb 4, 2017 03:11 PM (Total replies: 391)

Any update for this?

Halo CE General Discussion » Update: Feb 3, 2017 05:54 PM (Total replies: 2)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
10/10 Update thread.

At least he made an update.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Campaign Ideas Jan 31, 2017 06:02 AM (Total replies: 20)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: Grand Admiral Alex
Learn how to god damn snip, while your at it say something actually useful.

I would say something useful but most of the time I can't think of anything useful to say and I don't think people would appreciate it if I can.

Then why say anything?

If you feel like you cannot contribute but inside you really want to, either brush up or shuddup.

I do really want to contribute but I need to learn 3dsmax first

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Campaign Ideas Jan 29, 2017 03:50 PM (Total replies: 20)

Learn how to god damn snip, while your at it say something actually useful.

lol, I know how to snip. I'm just jokingly annoying people, I will stop now. I would say something useful but most of the time I can't think of anything useful to say and I don't think people would appreciate it if I can.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Campaign Ideas Jan 29, 2017 09:40 AM (Total replies: 20)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tenebre
You can always add extra tidbits on concepts like that you know. What if that Pelican never crashed? What if the pilot survived and tried to contact the Chief but blew up along with Halo? So many different ways you can finish or elaborate on a story like that. Maybe she battles the Covenant. Maybe she sees the Prometheans even before we did!

Anyway, another Custom Campaign Idea being thrown your way. Feel free to take it as long as credit is given.

The Flood: Neverending Cycle
Play as a Flood Infection Form (or a squad of Infection Forms, a battalion of them if you will. A swarm.) You are released from isolation from a different planet by the Covenant yet again (this would be around the time that the Covenant would be releasing the Flood on Installation 04 as well. they were doing multiple locations at the same time with the same amount of information... in other words, none.) They slowly take over the Covenant crew,
widdling down your forces of Carriers and old Human Flood forms. You anger the Golden Elite in charge enough to him bursting his own ship's door down and screaming "I won't let you take my ship, fiends! I will kill you or die killing you! EITHER WAY YOU'LL LOSE!"
Orders from a Gravemind whisper in your ear. "Show our food to never play with the Predator... it will always be our Prey!" After a hard and intense battle, you overload the ship's 2nd engine and knock the Golden Elite unconscious. This allows you to infect him.

Upon finding many of the Covenant's ship drop off points, you swarm and infect them, leading a moderate sized army filled to the brim with many Covenant dropships and even a small contingent of human technology. But it's not enough. That same Gravemind (for the sake of the explanation, we'll call him Gravemind B) has received a distant transmission from a military official. "Captain Keyes". Requesting assistance on an installlation of some sort. A Halo. Something that Gravemind B has been searching for. Your very own ring.

You scan for the Pillar of Autumn's ship and see that it has crashed and is already being invaded by Flood forces. You link up and communicate with them and they join your forces, sending coordinates, enemy positions, data and even the Engine Core location, which, according to Captain Keyes' memory, could overload and blow up the Halo. "Good riddance!" you thought to yourself. "Never speak out of line!" Gravemind B invades your mind with ferocity. "You seek to destroy our food?! How will we be sustained? We will starve! Get on that ring, take over that Human ship! We need that technology!"

And so, begrudgingly, you swarm the ship only to find out that... Spartan is there. What they call "Master Chief". It has an AI with it. Maybe with that Spartan on your side you could find a way to not only properly control that ship but infect whole planets with ease.
But alas, your forces are pushed back by 343 Guilty Spark. A now aggrivating thorn in your side. After an intense battle, the ring is blown up. You use a Pelican found on the Pillar of Autumn to escape and relay the information as soon as possible, out of sight of the Master Chief. As disappointed as the Gravemind B is for your failure, he soon sees an advantage.
A Covenant ship through comms has been boasting about finding a Planet called "Earth". Rich with human technology and a huge populace. You can't pass it up so you gather enough mass to form another Gravemind (The Gravemind now known in the canon that I will call Gravemind A) as Gravemind B can no longer reach that far and is slowly dying. Gravemind A then takes over and absorbs all the knowledge you accumulated and you soon discover a small containment facility where your brethren reside. You also see 2 Covenant factions battling each other. You hope that in time, they will release you again, like they did on that ring. But this time, there'd be no survivors. You send a small contingent of Flood spores through this odd structure that these "Heretics" seem to be bound on. The Covenant faction of Spec Ops that battle them then, unwillingly and unknowingly, release the Flood, hoping to track and kill the Heretics when they went underground. Unfortunately, this now links you to the isolated population of Flood. You lead them out and decimate the Elite forces from both sides but one of their commanders escapes. One they call "Arbiter". A Special Ops elite squad is sent in for cleanup and data retrieval. 4 of them are swarmed and only 2 remained. One Grunt tries to escape for help and then dies due to a poor decision in choosing its exit. The now left alone Spec Ops Elite is infuriated. it drives itself into a frenzy, forcing you to dispatch another swarm of Flood. Your forces are sent in with your swarm of Infection Forms at the tail of the group. You slowly exhaust the elite and corner him. The order is given from Gravemind A and you take over that Spec Ops Elite's body. A squad filled with Elites and now Brutes are amongst them. They decimate your forces, but not touching any Flood corpses. Gravemind A comes up with the plan of hiding in one of the corpses' chest, making you undetectable. the two Brutes walk past the Elite corpse you inhabit and assume it dead. After the coast is clear you ten burrow out of the chest and scurry out up the walls and up to the surface. You overwhelm both Brutes by surprise and seperate an Elite and Brute from another Elite and Brute. The first team of two, were bickering amongst themselves. You then find out through the newly assimilated Brute that the Elites and Brutes do not get along well and so you use that moment to surprise them. The second team of the Elite and Brute duo then agree to split up so as to cover more ground. As little faith as the Brute has in the Elite's job, he thinks that if the Elite does end up doing his job for him, then he will just take credit.
This proves to be futile as the surface is overwhelmed with Flood and your squad of Humans and Covenant flood overwhelm the Brute. The last Elite is left and making sure he cannot call reinforcements, you cut off all power and slowly close in on all doors to where the Elite waits. You burst the door open to find it to be another Golden Elite. Like one you previously encountered. With the new knowledge of the other Golden Elite that you assimilated, you outmaneuver the Elite, overwhelming 3 out of 4 doorways. A long chase begins where he seeks to escape in one of the left behind Heretic Banshees. You cut off the wings of the Banshee that he leaps into and he barely gets off the ground, causing it to explode and knocking him into the wall with his back facing it. He then awakens to see your Flood Infection Form jumping down his throat and at last, assimilating him. You take over the Dropships that the Covenant brought and regroup your forces in space. You then to that famed Planet "Earth."

Okay, it was long, I know, but hot damn! Think of the potential! Perhaps using a UI like the "Forgotten Exile" campaign except showing your health as a bar with 5 sections cut into it. If both your arms are blown off then you have an option to blow up the current Combat form that you are using to escape. As an Infection Form, you'd have one shot before you die. Maybe in terms of mechanics that'd be a bit difficult but if you join your Infection form up with a swarm of other Infection Forms, you all act as one single unit, boosting your health up to 5 times the amount you had before until you take over another body. Once your last Infection Form dies, it's game over. Once you die from being in a Combat Form then exiting it then being shot or blown up, it's game over. Just some ideas.

I know it sounds weird and complicated in terms of mechanics and gameplay but as I said, I aint an expert in execution of gameplay and level structure and ideas, but I can tell you on how the story can play out. Basically this will be one of those stories that plays along in the background of the canon.
I do have another story if it is wanted. Tell me what you guys think.

10/10

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Campaign Ideas Jan 26, 2017 11:21 AM (Total replies: 20)

Quote: --- Original message by: Grand Admiral Jerk Off
Thought I would mention this conflicts with canon. Unless you are okay with that @OP.

- Jenkins Canon -

Don't be a jerk, snip before quoting.

What is this "snipping" you speak of?

Thx man I will put snipping to good use so as not to piss anybody off (R93)

Jk just messImg around with people, i khow to snip
Edited by Grand Admiral Alex on Jan 26, 2017 at 11:24 AM

Time: Tue March 28, 2017 12:12 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website