A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: TomCRUZE
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 28, 2016 08:39 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
TomCRUZE has contributed to 12 posts out of 464829 total posts (0.00%) in 552 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 28, 2016 08:39 AM (Total replies: 12103)

I do agree about the sentiments of the grenades. I found out very early on that I had to play extremely conservative as I'd keep getting killed with grenades..

Also agree about the Hunter guns... Found that the orange one was risky to use because it requires constant accuracy and along with the charge up time, it makes you very vulnerable.

Really felt like PoA could have used a Maw type vehicle section... Not a timer scenario... Just some vehicle areas that mirror the sections driven in the Maw. You wouldn't come up against any covenant vehicles, but it would be a good change of pace.... Overall PoA was solid I thought.

The new sections in Halo were solid too. Can't complain about much there, except for my system's obvious struggle playing through the Alpha Base big battle.

Loadouts made Truth and Rec pretty fun. The wraith at the gravity well was an interesting addition... Was it the right decision? I'm not sure. It felt well paced and in tune with the waves of enemies coming down the gravity lift... And the couple banshees escalated that intensity well, but not to the point of it being broken. But I'm not sure if it was necessary... A rather trapped space for a large vehicle like that. But it did provide a different experience no doubt... The rest of the mission was pretty much the same level design, but the new weapons/enemies/etc changed it up a bit.

Truth and Rec was pretty solid, pretty much the same as the original.

But boy... That Evolved version. First time I've played it, and boy was I impressed. Simply just an amazing experience, fantastic level design... Had me on the edge of my seat in so many areas. It was crazy, following the path but I didn't know where the hell I was going... Hell I still don't know what the whole island looks like, because in the original version, you knew where everything was.. The place was one big easily drivable island.. But this just had me following a path cluelessly, flying off jumps, into dark caverns deep inside the island while I'm getting shot at.... EPIC.

AoTC... Pretty much the same. Grizzly Tank is inaccurate as hell. I was sitting waiting for the new sections, only to find out it was at the near end of the mission. The first expansive new areas was kind of interesting, but a little lackluster... But the next one was simply epic... Shame my poor system had the framerate at like 10... Loved the idea of fighting up the mountain and thus to the whatever you call it (control room spire)... I liked this setup, because it actually forced you to fight your way up the structure, whereas in the Vanilla version, it was race to the banshee and fly to the end of the mission.

I'm interested to see what will be done with the 2nd half of the campaign.

TSCE was by far the highlight.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 28, 2016 05:08 AM (Total replies: 12103)

So legit, how many years will we have to wait for part 2? Realistically, probably 3-4 right? The first half was 5-7 years, and I heard they have most of the human and covenant content down so it'll be a lot quicker, ONLY 3-4 years

Can't say I'm that hyped knowing that it'll be 2020 most likely when this finally concludes

Any other Halo projects on this forum?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 28, 2016 03:16 AM (Total replies: 12103)

Quote: --- Original message by: Zetthefourth

Quote: --- Original message by: TomCRUZE
My favorite thing by far was the Silent Cartographer Evolved mission, which I know wasn't made by CMT. But nonetheless, fun!

try this on for size
Edited by Zetthefourth on Jun 28, 2016 at 02:56 AM

I believe there was a team split, most of the Silent Cartographer Evolved creators left, and to my knowledge.. CMT and Masterz were mainly the marketers/public figures

Really did enjoy the new imagination of the level!

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 28, 2016 02:53 AM (Total replies: 12103)

My favorite thing by far was the Silent Cartographer Evolved mission, which I know wasn't made by CMT. But nonetheless, fun!

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 22, 2016 05:40 AM (Total replies: 12103)

2-3 GBs? YIKES!

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 16, 2016 07:33 AM (Total replies: 12103)

Quote: --- Original message by: tarikja
http://i.imgur.com/mTX0JyA.jpg

Troll post? That's Morgan Freeman

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 14, 2016 09:51 AM (Total replies: 12103)

Quote: --- Original message by: LegitGameReviews
Hello everybody. I have been given EXCLUSIVE access to this amazing mod. Check out my review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj0J0BMJZWQ.

We know it's you, Halonimator

Halo 2 was pretty dope. But I can understand why purists like Masterz didn't like it. The gameplay just didn't flow as harmoniously as it did in the 1st game. The main ingredients were there but the balances were out of wack. The campaign story was great though mostly. The levels were pretty average design wise. The multiplayer maps were sensational however. Halo 3's campaign story felt like too short, but had some really memorable levels (The Covenant/The Ark)

Love them all though. The GOAT Console shooter. At it's purest, the perfect blend and cohesion of movement speed, TTK, weapons and balance, AI quality/diversity/strength and level design.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 14, 2016 08:36 AM (Total replies: 12103)

Hey guys what's better to activate campaign on Custom edition

Run from console

or

Replacing Map UI file

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 13, 2016 05:19 AM (Total replies: 12103)

What's up with community, yo.

Yo

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 11, 2016 05:44 AM (Total replies: 12103)

Fellas! How are we!

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 10, 2016 05:29 AM (Total replies: 12103)

Yo fellas. Just woke up from a 14 year coma. The technological advancements are still unbelievable and shocking. The world has passed me by.. The gaming world has passed me by. But you know me. I'm all about that Halo CE action. So here I am.

Time: Wed December 13, 2017 11:53 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website