A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: The Gravemind
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 14, 2019 03:25 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Um...Halo
I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Post Statistics
The Gravemind has contributed to 144 posts out of 469152 total posts (.03%) in 1,090 days (.13 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

I feel... blessed. I never thought something like this would ever be possible.

Quote: --- Original message by: Darksamus51

Thanks so much! I couldn't find any information anywhere I looked. However I am running into a problem where when i put the new path for the program to follow it says that it is invalid even though I copy and pasted it. The specific error code is "The name 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\haloce.exe' specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct." This is for the Devmode not the camera.

How did you type it? It should look like this
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\haloce.exe" -console -screenshot -devmode

Note: If you have -devmode enabled, you can't play multiplayer.
Edited by The Gravemind on Jul 13, 2019 at 10:28 PM

Glad to have helped dude.

Halo CE General Discussion » Game won't launch Jul 6, 2019 12:53 AM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Enclusion
I know I am already on 1.0.10

Well ain't this a conundrum. Is the game running in the background? You can see this in task manager.
Edited by The Gravemind on Jul 6, 2019 at 12:55 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Game won't launch Jul 4, 2019 07:50 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Enclusion
When I launch game it asks to be admin mode. When I launch in admin mode literally nothing happens. No process for the game.

Usually this happens when you haven't updated to 1.0.10.

Halo CE General Discussion » BN Tagset Release Jul 3, 2019 09:02 PM (Total replies: 0)

Without further adieu here's my tag set I have been working on for close to a year know. I plan to keep working on it but for know i'll take a break.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7m47otdzzaml5m0/Tags.rar/file (requires opensauce)

Here is the full imgur album, I talk about the tags more over there: https://imgur.com/a/5t1CbIe

Credits:
CMT
Soi
Gk88
Flood Developer
Altehros
Spartan 2507
Zteam
Who ever made the flood decals

If anyone's tags are included and I forgot to credit, just let me know.

Oh wow.

Quote: --- Original message by: Alexstr525
It's great to see someone finally making some great tools for animation extraction, especially for Halo 3. The problem I'm having and had to fix manually was the turning attack/turning animations. Anything that involved rotational data seemed to be really finicky. I'm assuming you're inheriting the rotation data from the pelvic bone, rather than creating any kind of "root" or "master" bone. There's a few problems with doing it this way, since you're subtracting or adding any kind of root motion or core rotation data with the already adjusted bone rotation. For example, if you were to load any kind of attack right animation and forcefully turned the model by the pelvis bone to the right (by 90 degrees), the animation would look "almost" proper. So it seems like the model itself could be interpreting the rotational data incorrectly based off its local position (in this sense, it faces left instead of forward so maybe the offset is just not agreeing with it.)

If I might suggest, I'd like see what happens if you were to export with a bone containing all the root locomotion data in it, rather than having the pelvis inherit it. Just so the pelvis ins't inheriting everything locomotion/rotation wise (this should stop the jittering too, theoretically speaking). Then again the hunter model had some seriously awful weights, so I wouldn't put it past Bungie to have some faults in their animations too.

If i'm not mistaken, all halos before reach use the pelvis bone as the main parent. The animations have already been made using the pelvis so they will have to be re imported and edited to use the other bone. If i'm correct then that sounds like a major pain to do for each animation. The h3 marine animation graph for example, has a total of 1,041 different animations.

Halo CE General Discussion » PorkChop May 30, 2019 07:15 PM (Total replies: 4)

This would have been so helpful about a month ago. Well now I can at least finish up those other dialogues faster.

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
It must be rough having your entire tagset become obsolete out of nowhere.

It really does feel bad man.
Edited by The Gravemind on May 29, 2019 at 08:29 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Tachikoma
There's another bug where if you have an IK point like the left hand marker for a gun, the child nodes are ignored so they kind of move around independently from the IK point. It's most noticeable on elites since they have long fingers.

Yeah I noticed the same problem with the elites.
Edited by The Gravemind on May 21, 2019 at 10:34 PM

Man I never thought this day would come. I refuse to believe i'm not dreaming.

Oh my sweet goodness: https://imgur.com/KVcH6xw

time to replace my crappy animations

Edited by The Gravemind on May 21, 2019 at 09:21 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » does anyone still play halo ce with os? May 18, 2019 07:58 PM (Total replies: 7)

any mp modders? or just sp?

Not sure about that. I abandoned multiplayer maps a while ago.

Halo CE General Discussion » Happy Birthday (to me) May 18, 2019 02:12 AM (Total replies: 8)

Happy birthday in advance sparky!

Halo CE General Discussion » does anyone still play halo ce with os? May 17, 2019 03:26 PM (Total replies: 7)

I still do and many modders probably still do. I can't use my sweet bump maps, compile my gigantic maps, make actor variant transformations happen without os. It's more of a necessity for me to use os but I don't mind.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 'Pop' Issue for FP Ready Animation May 17, 2019 12:48 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: moosebreathman
First, thanks for taking the time to watch those videos and help me out. Second, I found the solution to my problem. My controllers for both upper arms did not have key frames at the end of the animation which meant that there was an off-camera difference in their position between the end of the ready and the start of the idle. I new about this from the moment I blocked out the animation in Max, but when I went to test it in-game, there was no pop or any visible change in the positions of the arms, so I let it slide. I guess when Halo is actually interpreting the animation the upper arm had some level of control over the position of the wrist that was different than how I had my IK setup in Max. That's just my guess though, I only like making stuff move, all the technical stuff is not exactly my forte. Now I can finally move on to the next thing.

Thanks for your help, appreciate it.

Gif of the culprit for reference:

https://imgur.com/zuINDaS

Glad to hear your fixed it. Tiny errors animation errors like this make me loose my mind trying to fix them ,but most of the time all it takes it just a simple key change.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 'Pop' Issue for FP Ready Animation May 14, 2019 08:48 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
I'm not saying you're a liar, but I've watched that animation about 50 times now in 3ds and Halo, and I can't see any difference.

If you're sure there is, and I trust you, check that the hand's node has a keyframe on the last frame of the animation. If you had moved keyframes or adjusted the time, you may have the last frame of the hands animation playing beyond the time of the animation, and Halo may not be interpolate between them if that's the case. I don't THINK that's the case, but it's the only thing I could think of off hand. It's been a while since I've done animating and it was never my forte.

I agree with hamster cause I don't see nothing wrong and your last key frame could be to blame. I have never worked on fp animation but I've noticed that halo sometimes can't interpolate certain keys for bipeds correctly. I guess it's bit like a hiccup. Maybe I don't see anything because gifs reduce frames and it cut the error you mentioned. Or the cyborgs's animation graph might have an IK point which basically keep the marker(usually left hand) still in place. IK calculations are not perfect and they will "snap" in place. The only way to fix this that I have noticed is by editing your animation in max through trial and error or edit the IK point in your graph by removing "left hand". Great animation by the way.

edit: just remembered that the cyborg animation graph is for 3rd person animation, not sure if it affects fp animation in anyway but its worth a shot
Edited by The Gravemind on May 14, 2019 at 09:00 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Anybody have any halo 2 flood avaliable? May 10, 2019 08:32 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
Has anybody fooled around with a mark v combat form?

I was thinking about making one the other day. I would have rigged it to my modified combat human animation graph from zteam but i'm too busy with my current tag set. I might do it sometime when i'm bored. It would be nice if I had the anniversary mark V model though.
Edited by The Gravemind on May 10, 2019 at 08:37 PM

Gk88's tag dump comes along with pretty cool flood tags including the h2 infection form (slightly different shaders) with h2 animations: https://haloce3.com/downloads/tags/misc-tags/goldkillas-tag-dump/

The human combat form and carrier can be downloaded here: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6987 7 it also includes the original shaders for the infection form

The h2 flood combat elite is much harder to find.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » CE Won't Start Apr 29, 2019 09:42 PM (Total replies: 1)

I have had this happen before. Do you have version 1.0.10? If not download this: http://halo.bungie.net/images/games/halopc/patch/110/halopc-patch-1.0.10.exe

Let it run and do its thing then your game should open.
Edited by The Gravemind on Apr 29, 2019 at 09:42 PM

Time: Sat July 20, 2019 12:14 AM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website