A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: The Gravemind
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 9, 2019 03:46 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Um...Halo
I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Post Statistics
The Gravemind has contributed to 150 posts out of 469343 total posts (.03%) in 1,147 days (.13 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Because me, and I'm sure others, are lazy. Aug 9, 2019 03:46 AM (Total replies: 11)

Well I still wouldn't want all that extra storage of maps i'm probably never gonna play.

Halo CE General Discussion » Because me, and I'm sure others, are lazy. Aug 9, 2019 02:02 AM (Total replies: 11)

Pretty sure that the more maps you have the longer it takes for halo to load.

Halo CE General Discussion » BN Tagset Release Aug 5, 2019 03:31 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
My only complaint is that the Elite skin of the Reach Combat Forms should be yellow like the tentacles, for example you can see the right hand (which is naked) still grey/bluish

Yeah I kinda did that on purpose. I had an older model with the rotting hand but I thought this one looked nicer.

Halo CE General Discussion » BN Tagset Release Aug 4, 2019 12:59 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Make sure the green channel of the multipurpose is completely black. Otherwise it can make your texture darker if you haven't set a self-illumination color.

Interesting, thanks i'll take a look.

Halo CE General Discussion » BN Tagset Release Aug 3, 2019 02:42 AM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: HattyHattington
The fact that the entire set of Halo 3 Flood is in CE now is crazy to me. Looks awesome, although the textures are a lil dark.

Yeah the textures are one thing I didn't figure out how to fix, especially the carrier form.

Halo CE General Discussion » BN Tagset Release Jul 21, 2019 02:07 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: Flood_Developer
Actually amazing work, love this so damn much dude 10/10 on all this stuff dude

Thanks man

I feel... blessed. I never thought something like this would ever be possible.

Quote: --- Original message by: Darksamus51

Thanks so much! I couldn't find any information anywhere I looked. However I am running into a problem where when i put the new path for the program to follow it says that it is invalid even though I copy and pasted it. The specific error code is "The name 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\haloce.exe' specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct." This is for the Devmode not the camera.

How did you type it? It should look like this
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\haloce.exe" -console -screenshot -devmode

Note: If you have -devmode enabled, you can't play multiplayer.
Edited by The Gravemind on Jul 13, 2019 at 10:28 PM

Glad to have helped dude.

Halo CE General Discussion » Game won't launch Jul 6, 2019 12:53 AM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Enclusion
I know I am already on 1.0.10

Well ain't this a conundrum. Is the game running in the background? You can see this in task manager.
Edited by The Gravemind on Jul 6, 2019 at 12:55 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Game won't launch Jul 4, 2019 07:50 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Enclusion
When I launch game it asks to be admin mode. When I launch in admin mode literally nothing happens. No process for the game.

Usually this happens when you haven't updated to 1.0.10.

Halo CE General Discussion » BN Tagset Release Jul 3, 2019 09:02 PM (Total replies: 9)

Without further adieu here's my tag set I have been working on for close to a year know. I plan to keep working on it but for know i'll take a break.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ns182z02rzpcpj5/BN_Gravemind_Tag_Set.rar/file (requires opensauce)

Here is the full imgur album, I talk about the tags more over there: https://imgur.com/a/5t1CbIe

Credits:
CMT
Soi
Gk88
Flood Developer
Altehros
Spartan 2507
Zteam
bourrin
delta4907
Who ever made the flood decals

If anyone's tags are included and I forgot to credit, just let me know.
Edited by The Gravemind on Jul 21, 2019 at 02:08 PM

Version 2.0:

Infection Form
.New model with better uwv mapping
.Uses halo 3 legs instead of low poly halo 2 legs
.Behaves like halo 2 infection form (moves right, left, front and back)
.Removed unnecessary animations from graph

Flood Combat Elite Reach
.New body for minor and unarmored
.Modified Halo 2 Idle animations
.Restored rifle move-front with better moving sounds
.New body destroyed sounds
.Can move left,right,front and will also sometimes move backwards (can sidestep).

.Various other issues to entire tag set and fixed a rare but major bug that crashed sapien.
.Now includes flood scenery

Video: https://youtu.be/dAoALM-kQ08
Edited by The Gravemind on Jul 22, 2019 at 03:04 PM

Oh wow.

Quote: --- Original message by: Alexstr525
It's great to see someone finally making some great tools for animation extraction, especially for Halo 3. The problem I'm having and had to fix manually was the turning attack/turning animations. Anything that involved rotational data seemed to be really finicky. I'm assuming you're inheriting the rotation data from the pelvic bone, rather than creating any kind of "root" or "master" bone. There's a few problems with doing it this way, since you're subtracting or adding any kind of root motion or core rotation data with the already adjusted bone rotation. For example, if you were to load any kind of attack right animation and forcefully turned the model by the pelvis bone to the right (by 90 degrees), the animation would look "almost" proper. So it seems like the model itself could be interpreting the rotational data incorrectly based off its local position (in this sense, it faces left instead of forward so maybe the offset is just not agreeing with it.)

If I might suggest, I'd like see what happens if you were to export with a bone containing all the root locomotion data in it, rather than having the pelvis inherit it. Just so the pelvis ins't inheriting everything locomotion/rotation wise (this should stop the jittering too, theoretically speaking). Then again the hunter model had some seriously awful weights, so I wouldn't put it past Bungie to have some faults in their animations too.

If i'm not mistaken, all halos before reach use the pelvis bone as the main parent. The animations have already been made using the pelvis so they will have to be re imported and edited to use the other bone. If i'm correct then that sounds like a major pain to do for each animation. The h3 marine animation graph for example, has a total of 1,041 different animations.

Halo CE General Discussion » PorkChop May 30, 2019 07:15 PM (Total replies: 4)

This would have been so helpful about a month ago. Well now I can at least finish up those other dialogues faster.

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
It must be rough having your entire tagset become obsolete out of nowhere.

It really does feel bad man.
Edited by The Gravemind on May 29, 2019 at 08:29 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Tachikoma
There's another bug where if you have an IK point like the left hand marker for a gun, the child nodes are ignored so they kind of move around independently from the IK point. It's most noticeable on elites since they have long fingers.

Yeah I noticed the same problem with the elites.
Edited by The Gravemind on May 21, 2019 at 10:34 PM

Man I never thought this day would come. I refuse to believe i'm not dreaming.

Oh my sweet goodness: https://imgur.com/KVcH6xw

time to replace my crappy animations

Edited by The Gravemind on May 21, 2019 at 09:21 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » does anyone still play halo ce with os? May 18, 2019 07:58 PM (Total replies: 7)

any mp modders? or just sp?

Not sure about that. I abandoned multiplayer maps a while ago.

Halo CE General Discussion » Happy Birthday (to me) May 18, 2019 02:12 AM (Total replies: 8)

Happy birthday in advance sparky!

Time: Sun September 15, 2019 1:51 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website