A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: The Gravemind
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 20, 2019 10:07 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Um...Halo
I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Post Statistics
The Gravemind has contributed to 118 posts out of 468431 total posts (.03%) in 972 days (.12 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to PC Mar 20, 2019 10:07 PM (Total replies: 50)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Barron
"If god is love you, then you can call me cupid"

https://i.imgur.com/bIzhC77.png

Oh yeah need some more of that

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bypass limit of Materials on Models Mar 17, 2019 11:45 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster

Quote: --- Original message by: The Gravemind
Different models it shall be cause uvw coords are not my thing

It would actually be really easy. Select the faces, go to UV-unwrap. Then just scale the existing UVmaps to be the size of one of those "Bitmap Tiles", and move it overtop of the proper tile.

Right now the UVmap takes up 1 by 1, you need to resize it so it takes up .25 by .25 and then move it over the proper bitmap. Since the UVmaps are already setup properly, it's just resizing and realigning. Like resizing an image in photoshop.

Because sometimes I do nice things, I made a quick video tutorial of how you would go about doing the suggested

Only downsides would be that materials would share the same shader, and thus have the same detail maps and such things. Normal maps wouldn't be an issue as you could use the same scaled 4x4 of the normals. But you couldn't use different cubemaps or details.
Edited by DeadHamster on Mar 17, 2019 at 09:30 PM

I'll just stick with the different models but I really appreciate the video. I should get more practice with UVW coords.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bypass limit of Materials on Models Mar 17, 2019 02:40 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
What the hell are you making

Elite goodness

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
you will need to resize and move a bunch of uvw coordinates to get it to work properly which can be a real pain in the ass, so probably making them different models is the best way to go.
Edited by Kinnet on Mar 17, 2019 at 12:47 PM

Different models it shall be cause uvw coords are not my thing

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bypass limit of Materials on Models Mar 16, 2019 11:30 PM (Total replies: 6)

I got this:ERROR this model has too many materials, when trying to compile a model. Anyway I can bypass this or should I just separate the permutations into different models.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » jackal animation error Mar 16, 2019 11:27 PM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: jameboy
Oh. Is there a way to edit the animation of the jackal to where he can melee?

you'll need 3ds max for that

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition is still alive? Mar 4, 2019 08:05 PM (Total replies: 6)

Oh this warms my heart

Halo CE General Discussion » The 3DS MAX Dilemma... Feb 24, 2019 09:27 PM (Total replies: 2)

2019 works great m8

Halo CE General Discussion » Climactic way to end a mission? Feb 6, 2019 09:27 PM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
(Fade_out 0 0 0 120)

nice

Quote: --- Original message by: JadeMcLain
Mo's Editing Kit has a tool for converting collision models into gbx models which you can then import. Saved me a bunch of time.
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50076

HOW DO I NEVER KNOW ABOUT THESE THINGS. I just spent the last month trying to reverse engineer stock collision models...

After testing it out, turns out I did a pretty great job on mines but I still don't understand how the game determines when to play hard ping animations.
Edited by The Gravemind on Feb 6, 2019 at 09:53 PM

I've got the same problem

Halo CE General Discussion » More flood stuff! Jan 12, 2019 12:39 PM (Total replies: 23)

If that's the case then it means your first person plasma rifle model is somehow corrupted or it could just be your FOV messing it up but I doubt that.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Adding Shields to Bipeds Jan 5, 2019 01:33 AM (Total replies: 4)

its in your collision model

Your collision model should be referenced in your biped if you can't find it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Omega Campaign Released! - player feedback Jan 4, 2019 08:54 PM (Total replies: 14)

I used to have that same problem but I have no idea how I fixed it.

Halo CE General Discussion » h2a ar dynamic reticle wip Jan 3, 2019 10:20 PM (Total replies: 2)

try this maybe

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50110
Edited by The Gravemind on Jan 3, 2019 at 10:21 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Omega Campaign Released! - player feedback Jan 3, 2019 01:26 PM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314

I don't have FRAPS so I couldn't get a screenshot.

Couldn't you just add -screenshot to your halo ce executable shortcut?
Edited by The Gravemind on Jan 3, 2019 at 01:27 PM

Oh wow I completely forgot that sentinels existed. This is a beautiful collection by the way.

Halo CE General Discussion » Hamp's Christmas Spectacular 2018 Dec 25, 2018 08:51 PM (Total replies: 12)

Oh yeah gonna try this later im busy atm.

Halo CE General Discussion » A sneak peak of my flood problem :P Dec 25, 2018 04:56 PM (Total replies: 16)

That is very interesting, I never knew there are so many os versions and thanks for the info. The animations graph have the correct animations but is seems to be swaped since unarmed is where rifle should be and rifle is where unarmed is and I think that's the problem.

Edit: I remembered that I did the swapping trying to fix this. You are right the unarmed was the rifle before I renamed it and I forgot to remove the weapon types so thanks!

oops
Edited by The Gravemind on Dec 25, 2018 at 05:10 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » A sneak peak of my flood problem :P Dec 24, 2018 08:14 PM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
Overall the bipeds look really good. Not sure about the H1 infection though as it seems out of place. It'll be nice to see these released when the time comes.

Yeah I decided that i'm not gonna include "infect face" but the others will be. I'll be honest, this won't be released tomorrow. As usual halo ce never fails to surprise. Tool kept crashing with an unusual error "exception that's all i know!" popped up while streaming tags. Both me and flood developer experienced tool crashing but i'm not sure it's related. I might be wrong but this seems to happen when the free tag space is 0mb and there are too many bones in your biped. I had to edit my models, delete unnecessary bones and fix skin modifier unweighted vertices because of this. I forgot animation graphs are not friendly either and I had to manually import and export each and every single animation from all biped using Cad's script which took hours to get them working again. Tool agreed with me again but this is what I am working with:

Because of lack of updates I made a video that shows all bipeds and bugs which are a pain to fix and some I can't fix so I need help:

https://youtu.be/hN_iLZx5Uyg

Another video that includes human transformation:

https://youtu.be/5__BUuJ5Cp0

I need feedback on this animation since I don't think it's very good. The elite trans. was included in the first vid and I am very happy with it.

Bugs I need help with:
1. The elite unarmed biped and actor variant use weapon animations instead of unarmed animations.
2.Confirmation on tool crash.
Edited by The Gravemind on Dec 24, 2018 at 08:26 PM
Edited by The Gravemind on Dec 24, 2018 at 08:27 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » The Original Winterstruct Campaign Dec 19, 2018 12:35 PM (Total replies: 8)

Time: Sun March 24, 2019 12:15 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website