A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: The Gravemind
About Contact
Last Post: May 18, 2019 07:58 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Um...Halo
I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Post Statistics
The Gravemind has contributed to 131 posts out of 468849 total posts (.03%) in 1,029 days (.13 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » does anyone still play halo ce with os? May 18, 2019 07:58 PM (Total replies: 4)

any mp modders? or just sp?

Not sure about that. I abandoned multiplayer maps a while ago.

Halo CE General Discussion » Happy Birthday (to me) May 18, 2019 02:12 AM (Total replies: 7)

Happy birthday in advance sparky!

Halo CE General Discussion » does anyone still play halo ce with os? May 17, 2019 03:26 PM (Total replies: 4)

I still do and many modders probably still do. I can't use my sweet bump maps, compile my gigantic maps, make actor variant transformations happen without os. It's more of a necessity for me to use os but I don't mind.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 'Pop' Issue for FP Ready Animation May 17, 2019 12:48 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: moosebreathman
First, thanks for taking the time to watch those videos and help me out. Second, I found the solution to my problem. My controllers for both upper arms did not have key frames at the end of the animation which meant that there was an off-camera difference in their position between the end of the ready and the start of the idle. I new about this from the moment I blocked out the animation in Max, but when I went to test it in-game, there was no pop or any visible change in the positions of the arms, so I let it slide. I guess when Halo is actually interpreting the animation the upper arm had some level of control over the position of the wrist that was different than how I had my IK setup in Max. That's just my guess though, I only like making stuff move, all the technical stuff is not exactly my forte. Now I can finally move on to the next thing.

Thanks for your help, appreciate it.

Gif of the culprit for reference:

https://imgur.com/zuINDaS

Glad to hear your fixed it. Tiny errors animation errors like this make me loose my mind trying to fix them ,but most of the time all it takes it just a simple key change.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 'Pop' Issue for FP Ready Animation May 14, 2019 08:48 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
I'm not saying you're a liar, but I've watched that animation about 50 times now in 3ds and Halo, and I can't see any difference.

If you're sure there is, and I trust you, check that the hand's node has a keyframe on the last frame of the animation. If you had moved keyframes or adjusted the time, you may have the last frame of the hands animation playing beyond the time of the animation, and Halo may not be interpolate between them if that's the case. I don't THINK that's the case, but it's the only thing I could think of off hand. It's been a while since I've done animating and it was never my forte.

I agree with hamster cause I don't see nothing wrong and your last key frame could be to blame. I have never worked on fp animation but I've noticed that halo sometimes can't interpolate certain keys for bipeds correctly. I guess it's bit like a hiccup. Maybe I don't see anything because gifs reduce frames and it cut the error you mentioned. Or the cyborgs's animation graph might have an IK point which basically keep the marker(usually left hand) still in place. IK calculations are not perfect and they will "snap" in place. The only way to fix this that I have noticed is by editing your animation in max through trial and error or edit the IK point in your graph by removing "left hand". Great animation by the way.

edit: just remembered that the cyborg animation graph is for 3rd person animation, not sure if it affects fp animation in anyway but its worth a shot
Edited by The Gravemind on May 14, 2019 at 09:00 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Anybody have any halo 2 flood avaliable? May 10, 2019 08:32 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
Has anybody fooled around with a mark v combat form?

I was thinking about making one the other day. I would have rigged it to my modified combat human animation graph from zteam but i'm too busy with my current tag set. I might do it sometime when i'm bored. It would be nice if I had the anniversary mark V model though.
Edited by The Gravemind on May 10, 2019 at 08:37 PM

Gk88's tag dump comes along with pretty cool flood tags including the h2 infection form (slightly different shaders) with h2 animations: https://haloce3.com/downloads/tags/misc-tags/goldkillas-tag-dump/

The human combat form and carrier can be downloaded here: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6987 7 it also includes the original shaders for the infection form

The h2 flood combat elite is much harder to find.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » CE Won't Start Apr 29, 2019 09:42 PM (Total replies: 1)

I have had this happen before. Do you have version 1.0.10? If not download this: http://halo.bungie.net/images/games/halopc/patch/110/halopc-patch-1.0.10.exe

Let it run and do its thing then your game should open.
Edited by The Gravemind on Apr 29, 2019 at 09:42 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Favorite Halo Custom Edition Maps? Apr 26, 2019 11:09 PM (Total replies: 7)

I have way too many to count, mostly because I downloaded every single map that looked interesting regardless of quality. A notable map is CMT's Snow Grove: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2731

I messed around in that map doing nothing for quite some time. I guess the background Christmas like aesthetic appealed to me. Snowy maps like this were great.

Another one would be Precipice: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5708

I personally love maps that take you into mysterious underground forerunner tunnels. I had an entire plan of how I was gonna place marines that traveled this mysterious map but unfortunately it was protected. I loved that there were secret infection forms scattered across the map, it just added to the mystery of halo in general.

In terms of single player, one that will forever be one of favorites is the The Flood: Forgotten Exile Demo: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6486

The fact that your are playing as once was an elite is amazing to me. I like the whole anti-hero idea. Maybe I might be biased in this because of the flood but whatever. It still makes me sad that this was cancelled. Flood Developer's campaign was like dream come true.
Edited by The Gravemind on Apr 26, 2019 at 11:13 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Giro
Moses informed me to try to use Tool but I can't find any tutorials for Tool (it's such a general word that I can't find anything for Halo Custom Edition through google outside sound file tutorials)
Edited by Giro on Apr 24, 2019 at 08:41 AM

What do you mean by using tool? Do you mean compiling the map or try fixing it? I too have noticed that sapien refuses to open certain scenarios that have in some way been edited using open sauce. Can OS sapien open it or does it also crash?
Edited by The Gravemind on Apr 24, 2019 at 11:55 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: willer000
Update: that is what happen when i try to import to JMS, with JMS Model Exporter.

https://i.imgur.com/KJ5ORfY.jpg
Edited by willer000 on Apr 22, 2019 at 03:10 PM

Create a single bone in the center of the bsp and name it frame root. Then link everything to it. This video shows the same thing but with a box: https://youtu.be/cGJnE3hcThg?t=567
either one will work based on my experience.

Edited by The Gravemind on Apr 22, 2019 at 04:39 PM

Wonderful now I can have all the tags I need. Thanks!

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
I appreciate the effort that was put into the graphical aid.

I do too.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to PC Mar 20, 2019 10:07 PM (Total replies: 75)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Barron
"If god is love you, then you can call me cupid"

https://i.imgur.com/bIzhC77.png

Oh yeah need some more of that

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bypass limit of Materials on Models Mar 17, 2019 11:45 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Gravemind
Different models it shall be cause uvw coords are not my thing

It would actually be really easy. Select the faces, go to UV-unwrap. Then just scale the existing UVmaps to be the size of one of those "Bitmap Tiles", and move it overtop of the proper tile.

Right now the UVmap takes up 1 by 1, you need to resize it so it takes up .25 by .25 and then move it over the proper bitmap. Since the UVmaps are already setup properly, it's just resizing and realigning. Like resizing an image in photoshop.

Because sometimes I do nice things, I made a quick video tutorial of how you would go about doing the suggested

Only downsides would be that materials would share the same shader, and thus have the same detail maps and such things. Normal maps wouldn't be an issue as you could use the same scaled 4x4 of the normals. But you couldn't use different cubemaps or details.
Edited by DeadHamster on Mar 17, 2019 at 09:30 PM

I'll just stick with the different models but I really appreciate the video. I should get more practice with UVW coords.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bypass limit of Materials on Models Mar 17, 2019 02:40 PM (Total replies: 6)

What the hell are you making

Elite goodness

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
you will need to resize and move a bunch of uvw coordinates to get it to work properly which can be a real pain in the ass, so probably making them different models is the best way to go.
Edited by Kinnet on Mar 17, 2019 at 12:47 PM

Different models it shall be cause uvw coords are not my thing

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bypass limit of Materials on Models Mar 16, 2019 11:30 PM (Total replies: 6)

I got this:ERROR this model has too many materials, when trying to compile a model. Anyway I can bypass this or should I just separate the permutations into different models.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » jackal animation error Mar 16, 2019 11:27 PM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: jameboy
Oh. Is there a way to edit the animation of the jackal to where he can melee?

you'll need 3ds max for that

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition is still alive? Mar 4, 2019 08:05 PM (Total replies: 6)

Oh this warms my heart

Halo CE General Discussion » The 3DS MAX Dilemma... Feb 24, 2019 09:27 PM (Total replies: 2)

2019 works great m8

Time: Mon May 20, 2019 5:53 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website