A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: thegeekchic
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 13, 2016 02:30 AM
Interests: Your mom
Your Age: 69
What Games do you play: butt

Post Statistics
thegeekchic has contributed to 29 posts out of 462326 total posts (.01%) in 217 days (.13 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » plz help plz Oct 13, 2016 02:30 AM (Total replies: 154)

*image deleted by admin

Edited by thegeekchic on Oct 13, 2016 at 02:33 AM
Edited by Dennis on Oct 13, 2016 at 03:30 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » plz help plz Oct 12, 2016 02:31 AM (Total replies: 154)

Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke
Sigh.

Halo CE General Discussion » plz help plz Oct 12, 2016 02:00 AM (Total replies: 154)

Instead of explaining to you what you're doing wrong, I'll just keep posting updates of the heatmap of people around the world who think you, along with Super Alex (probably your alt account), deserve to be banned. Obviously Dennis isn't up to the task of moderating teenagers anymore, so we'll do it ourselves (like we should have been able to do from the start).

For the record, 27 people think you should be banned. Do us all a favor and either change your ways, or leave.
Edited by thegeekchic on Oct 12, 2016 at 02:02 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Online Device Sync Oct 11, 2016 02:17 AM (Total replies: 1)

Hai guise. I have a device machine that I need to open via a device control. It works in a similar way to the gate system on H2 Zanzibar.

I think I need a vehicle crush script but I'm not sure of exactly how to script that. FYI this level will utilize OS, if that helps. Help will be very appreciated. xoxo

EDIT: I figured it out. Beta will drop soon. :D
Edited by thegeekchic on Oct 11, 2016 at 07:12 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Game testers needed Oct 10, 2016 11:23 AM (Total replies: 6)

Obviously nobody wants to test whatever that is, making another thread won't change that.

From what I've seen from you, it seems like you have grand plans. Testing your difficulty adjustments outside of an actual playable level is just not proper technique.

Inb4 Masterz1337 tells you how pretty you are.
Edited by thegeekchic on Oct 10, 2016 at 11:25 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » plz help plz Oct 10, 2016 08:37 AM (Total replies: 154)

Just a reminder and update for HyperLuke and Super Alex:

All of these people wish you were banned.

Halo CE General Discussion » plz help plz Oct 9, 2016 07:00 AM (Total replies: 154)

Behold the worldwide agreement that HyperLuke and Super Alex need to be banned.

Halo CE General Discussion » plz help plz Oct 8, 2016 11:21 PM (Total replies: 154)

Guys I've got a very important poll I need you all to take.
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll840780xd10e4b3F-34

I tried that and it threw several errors when i tried to use it, it doesn't support audio permutations, and it corrupted my vorbis.dll in a way that makes HEk not work anymore. Fail.

I asked Super Flanker on discord and he showed me this:
http://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/5870-xbox-adpcm-audio-codec-installer/
First try and it worked. Yay.

/thread

I got it imported to the point where it was 22khz mono set to weapon_fire and it still doesn't want to work. I think it needs to be xbox codec or whatever. This has already taken me over 5 hours trying to figure this bullsh** out. Could anybody do it for me?

Thank you. Now I need help importing it. It runs through tool fine, and I've set it to weapon_fire, but ingame it doesn't work. Just silence. I think it needs to be xbox mono 22khz. I have Audacity but have no idea what to do from there. Almost all the sounds tutorials that exist are useless. Any ideas?

Hello lovelies. I need some help. I need the Halo 3 Machine Gun Turret Firing sound but when I try to extract it myself it won't work. I've asked MattDratt for help and even he couldn't figure out why I was having the problem. Sadly, because of reasons I don't understand, he gave up helping me and to add insult to injury, he refused to extract it for me. If anybody could please get this sound for me I would be grateful. You will be credited for your work in my upcoming project which should end up begin quite popular. I assure you, helping me will be a good way to have your name attached to a great project. I'm really not asking for that much. Thank you in advance.

I'm not a snobby egotistical a-hole, I promise.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Backwash Oct 2, 2016 12:40 PM (Total replies: 164)

There's no reason to send your entire tags folder to somebody else to compile for you when you could just do something as simple as this:

Matthew Dratt has a backup of all the stock maps on his CE3 website- http://haloce3.com/xmf/ (Click Halo: Custom Edition (25/25 files available - 25 on new server)) Backup your maps folder (rename your maps folder something like "maps_backup" and create a new folder called "maps") and start replacing the stock maps one by one, focusing on loc/bitmaps/sounds. Make sure nothing related to OS still exists such as the data_files folder. Recompile and upload that build.

Also, is there a reason why you're using OS HEK for this? If there's no reason then you are dancing with fire for no reason.

Sorry I'm explaining this like I'm talking to a toddler but at this point I really wonder how you even got this far with your project.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Backwash Oct 1, 2016 09:34 AM (Total replies: 164)

Downloaded it, compiled it, played it, got cancer. This is pretty much alpha build level of quality.

Just relink the sky to a stock one like 'clear afternoon'. There's no point in downloading and using that 'The Pit' sky.

Flanker, I love you man, but this is just total garbage. As for Jobalisk, let us know when you figure out how to compile a map correctly. Until then, stop uploading builds that only crash and blaming your incompetence on us.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Problems With the Halo CE Community Oct 1, 2016 06:40 AM (Total replies: 62)

tl;dr we are treating the trolls and mexicans like trolls and mexicans and he wants us to stop doing that becauses hes a mexcian troll

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Backwash Sep 30, 2016 03:25 PM (Total replies: 164)

How do you fail so hard that the map won't even open in HEK+? lmfao

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Backwash Sep 30, 2016 10:54 AM (Total replies: 164)

I was going to download this again to try it but I'll take the migrates' word. What a shame. One more strike and you're out.

Halo CE General Discussion » Where can I find you? Sep 30, 2016 10:50 AM (Total replies: 91)

You are on a Halo forum. We all play CE in some form or another. I would suggest you nut up and just accept random friend requests. The only instance where that would be a bad idea would be Skype, where you can see your friends' IP address. I don't believe that's the case with any other messaging service. One of the many reasons why people who use Skype are insane.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3.0.1 Released, first update to SPV3. Sep 30, 2016 10:45 AM (Total replies: 96)

Yeah I thought they were just lazy and poor. This explains everything.

I don't understand the dilemma. The choice should be obvious.

Time: Sat April 29, 2017 3:28 PM 437 ms.
A Halo Maps Website