A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: rudeboy13
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 1, 2018 07:36 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
rudeboy13 has contributed to 9 posts out of 465224 total posts (0.00%) in 452 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AI Battle Request Jan 1, 2018 07:36 AM (Total replies: 2)

You got it! I'll see what I can do. Paypal won't be necessary

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AI respawning Saipen Jan 23, 2017 12:41 PM (Total replies: 1)

Try adding 1 to respawn total, that might get the effect you want. I could be wrong about these two, but I think magic sight makes the AI in the encounter all see the same enemy and start timer immediately makes them start thinking regardless of whether or not the player is in their PVS

Halo CE General Discussion » Gathering Active English Players?? Nov 30, 2016 02:48 AM (Total replies: 8)

I'm all for this. You should really set up a discord server for it
Edited by rudeboy13 on Nov 30, 2016 at 02:49 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » I need sp tutorials and feedback Nov 29, 2016 04:05 PM (Total replies: 5)

1. What are gripes that you have with the Halo CE stock tagset, mainly singleplayer gripes?
The super limited weapon selection. And as noted, the pistol is waaaay too powerful for what it's supposed to be: A sidearm. Bungie was fully aware of this and I think they balanced it out the best in H2.

2. If you could add one gun or gun type to the CE tagset, what would it be and why?
A covenant sniper rifle. There are plenty of spots throughout the campaign where covenant snipers could be used.

3. Including all Halo games excluding Halo Wars and Halo 5, what do you believe are the strengths of weaknesses of each game's singleplayer?

Halo 1/CE: Very well-rounded, starts off strong. Then it felt like Bungie got a little lazy in the second half since you're just playing the game in reverse without marines helping you out.

Halo 2: Great for what it is, and it characterizes the covenant really well. Unfortunately Bungie had to work with time constraints and the game got rushed as a result, and it definitely shows once you take a look at what was planned for H2 but didn't make it
(R.I.P Covenant Ship raid, that would have been so cash!)

Halo 3: Excellent pacing and design, does a good job of giving the brutes their own sandbox and tech, and at wrapping things up story-wise. While I do like having the Arbiter backing me up all the time it feels a little unnecessary at times.

Halo 4: Well-balanced but not very memorable at all. The Prometheans weren't fun to fight against at all, and don't even get me started on the writing.

4. What Halo singleplayer had the best campaign and why?
Halo 3. It combines the best of Halo CE and Halo 2 while still being fresh.

5. What Halo singleplayer had the best overall level design and why?
Halo 3. Plenty of space to run around in with really satisfying vehicle segments (That hornet assault was awesome) and multiple approaches to make ends meet

6. What Halo singleplayer had the worst overall level design and why?
Halo 4. It lacks memorability and, again, the Prometheans are frustrating to fight against. A challenging enemy is fun, a frustrating one isn't.

7. What makes Halo singleplayer fun and engaging gameplay-wise?
Good AI on all ends. Allies that can are helpful in multiple situations and enemies that will provide a challenge to you.

8. What is your favorite level in any Halo game and why?
Truth and Reconciliation. It does a fantastic job at the whole covert operation feeling and if you really don't feel like sniping you can just rush in guns blazing.

9. What is your least favorite level in any Halo game and why?
The Library. This doesn't really need any further explanation

10. How would you rebalance the Halo CE tagset or would you leave it untouched?
1 - Making the needler grunts a little more effective instead of lazily firing it twice every second and a half

2 - Giving the Jackals a little more weapon variety.

3 - Making the pistol more like its Halo 2 counterpart.

Yep, that did the trick. Thanks!

So I've been messing around with an AI map and for some odd reason the rocket warthog isn't spawning anymore when I play this team slayer gametype I made.. And weirdly enough this only happens on this specific gametype. In all the other regular gametypes including standard slayer it spawns just fine. I've checked the globals and the rockethog is in the vehicle list and I have all the "Gametype default" spawnflags checked for them. So I have no idea why this is happening. Any ideas?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » hl2 models in Halo CE? Nov 24, 2016 11:55 AM (Total replies: 8)

I'm already pretty familiar with the source engine, decompiling models, etc. It's just getting them into Halo CE with intact animations that I wanna figure out how to do. What 3DS Max version is best for CE?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » hl2 models in Halo CE? Nov 24, 2016 03:19 AM (Total replies: 8)

Are there any available tutorials for porting Source Engine models to Halo CE? I remember seeing SeanTheLawn's videos where he ported the metrocop and headcrab but he hasn't been online in a while. I've been wanting to try and port the cremator over but I have no idea where to get started apart from maybe blender or 3DS Max.

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO CE DOWNLOADS PAGE UPDATE WHEN?! Nov 1, 2016 09:55 AM (Total replies: 7)

Aw man like there haven't been any new additions to Halo CE's downloads in almost a year man what gives

Time: Wed January 17, 2018 10:41 PM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website