A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Nertez
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 16, 2018 05:47 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Nertez has contributed to 36 posts out of 466902 total posts (.01%) in 557 days (.06 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Online v0.6.0 Releases This Friday Apr 16, 2018 05:47 PM (Total replies: 5)

[content deleted - copyright violation]
Edited by Dennis on Apr 18, 2018 at 12:33 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Apr 6, 2018 01:12 PM (Total replies: 68)

Quote: --- Original message by: natepley
Cool. Thanks! With non-yelo maps is it usually better to disable opensauce? Since chimera can do so many things now, like change fov and fix widescreen, does opensauce offer anything useful to non-yelo maps? The only thing I could think of would be anti-aliasing. Is there any way to activate anti-aliasing without opensauce?

I assume I won't have to worry about any of this with your remake of Lumoria. I guess you'll make everything work well with opensauce. But I'm still curious as I like to play other maps on CE sometimes (some .map and some .yelo).

Use OS + Chimera for any and all singleplayer maps. Chimera's widescreen fix breaks cutscene black bars, OS's widescreen fix does not. OS also adds subtle bloom which makes things look better.

I have no modding experience, would you be able to do this for us and post an update to your campaign? It would be very welcome.
Edited by Nertez on Apr 6, 2018 at 12:13 AM

A little research has revealed that -use14 as a command line parameter fixes Hunter torso shaders, glass issues on AotCR and fog issues across the game in Halo CE (Austen's campaign specifically. Not sure if this command has any utility on Halo PC.

have you tried Chimera's widescreen HUD fix?

Quote: --- Original message by: The Av0c4d0

Quote: --- Original message by: not giraffe
%userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Halo CE\hac\preferences.ini

It appears that that file doesn't actually exist in my folder, that might be why its not saving my options.

Edit: I managed to fix the problem by creating a file named preferences, then in the properties changing its file type to .ini, and then finally typing in

fov=number
custom_chat=number
no_scope_blur=number

Thanks for letting me know about the problem not giraffe and FtDSpartn
Edited by The Av0c4d0 on Mar 14, 2018 at 02:21 AM

I'd recommend using Chimera's chimera_block_zoom_blur instead of hac 2's scope_blur

Halo CE General Discussion » HaloCE save issue Mar 7, 2018 10:01 AM (Total replies: 9)

The maps on halomaps are out of date and should be removed. Use these for stock campaign

http://vaporeon.io/hosted/vidya/halo/Halo%20Campaign%20for%20Custom%20Edition%20(austen1000).7z

It looks like your using the SPV1 maps, they are buggy and some areas don't work. Play SPV2 (search) or SPV3 here

https://www.reddit.com/r/halospv3/
Edited by Nertez on Mar 7, 2018 at 10:23 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 2, 2018 05:46 AM (Total replies: 68)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
The hope is to do all new audio recordings. The project is underway and we have been playing with SPV3 Lumoria for several days now. There's also a chance a relic from the past may make a re-appearance in SPV3 Lumoria...

wow send me a build

Halo CE General Discussion » Problem when starting up Halo Mar 1, 2018 03:45 AM (Total replies: 5)

It's a permission issue, so reinstalling the OS is not required. Right click on your Halo folder in Documents > My Games and in the security tab, give full control to the current user.

Or try disabling UAC
Edited by Nertez on Mar 1, 2018 at 03:45 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » New Laptop And Problems With Halo CE Feb 26, 2018 02:24 PM (Total replies: 5)

smh

Renamon's port is what we are all familiar with. It's been floating about for over ten years but has many issues immediately obvious from a casual playthrough, and is considered the worst campaign port: healthpacks are on the floor instead of the wall, missing longsword/AR/Pelican (iirc) multipurpose, fog/glass issues, encounters are wrong, and so on.

Austen1000, fair play to him, cleaned this port up a good bit. A list of his fixes/drawbacks are posted here https://austenmodsarchieve.wordpress.com/updated-halo-custom-edition-campaign-port/

However he has pulled his downloaded for some strange reason, a mirror is available here http://vaporeon.io/hosted/vidya/halo/Halo%20Campaign%20for%20Custom%20Edition%20(austen1000).7z . He himself recommends using Moses's Refined Campaign however this release is also plagued with issues:

"Some encounters are different
I'm not sure why or how
Also some dialogue doesn't play correctly
The most issues seem to be in the ship part of T&R, the dialogue when you're escaping the ship with the captain with the doors locked never plays in his port
Works in the OG PC version and Xbox release
The hangar fight in T&R also has less Elites for some reason
You fight about 3-4 on Heroic and Legendary in the other ports
But only 2 show up in the initial encounter in moses' port
And that's not down to the games slight randomisation, the game always has 3 Elites in every other version on every difficulty in the Xbox and PC version
b30 also has some dialogue which doesn't play
It's mostly minor stuff but it does kind of detract a bit"

OG thread here http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50277

Also it still has the infamous glass and fog issues on AotCR.

Now with Chimera you can convert and play the PC campaign on CE. While the above bugs wont be present, you'll lose multipurpose maps, Auten's fixed jacklal shields, and the higher resolution textures that Moses's campaign has.

So this ad hoc thread really is a plea for someone to made a proper definitive campaign port. It would be immensely appreciated. Jesse's HD hud will, hopefully, be released soon which should be added too. Chimera, Moses's and Austen's port all have great respective features, and annoying respective bugs which makes recommending any of them not so straightforward. If someone could give us a cleaned up as-much-as-possible port, they'd be a star.
Edited by Nertez on Feb 26, 2018 at 11:32 AM
Edited by Nertez on Feb 26, 2018 at 02:28 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » New Laptop And Problems With Halo CE Feb 26, 2018 03:53 AM (Total replies: 5)

use 7zip to extract it

Halo CE General Discussion » New Laptop And Problems With Halo CE Feb 25, 2018 02:51 PM (Total replies: 5)

update your graphics card driver

run halo as an admin

install hac2 and chimera, details here https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/7383-the-halo-pcce-ultimate-enhancement-guide-updated-250218/ it is not necessary to follow all the steps in the guide, installing hac 2 and chimera should (might) be sufficient

These steps should fix your problem, if not:

join the discord for Chimera https://discordapp.com/invite/ZwQeBE2

get the latest alpha build

in game console (tilde i.e. key left of 1) type chimera_set_resolution ; Syntax:
chimera_set_resolution <width> <height> [refresh rate] [vsync] [windowed]

Youre probably going to want 3840 2160 60 0 0 or something similar

Halo CE General Discussion » Problem when starting up Halo Feb 25, 2018 02:37 PM (Total replies: 5)

run as admin, also install hac2 and chimera

https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/7383-the-halo-pcce-ultimate-enhancement-guide-updated-250218/

Halo CE General Discussion » Video about the community Oct 2, 2017 11:09 AM (Total replies: 17)

Lmao who remember

https://youtu.be/1DSi30eQkX0

Hac2 doesn't do anything for mouse acceleration, #fakenews

Next time you're under a fluorescent lamp with no natural lighting around, wave your fingers slowly and see how it seems to 'lag' oddly. This is because fluorescent lights aren't 'on' all the time like the sun is, but pulse on and off, so you literally see your fingers move at a lower. This effect is akin to playing a game on a lower FPS than the human eye has the ability to see at, which is something like 80-100 I read in a popsi magazine when i was about 15, so I'm probably incorrect.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Map [WIP] [not named yet] Aug 28, 2017 02:40 PM (Total replies: 194)

looks absolutely amazing

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 Gamenight! - August 27th Aug 27, 2017 10:53 AM (Total replies: 21)

Yeah I'm in ireland bucko. also WTF is up with your sprint scripts? works fine on CE3 stages but warps like a motherflupper on every other map

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 Gamenight! - August 27th Aug 27, 2017 10:50 AM (Total replies: 21)

Your server is a laggy pos, was on it just now, no ping below 120

Time: Sat June 23, 2018 1:54 PM 312 ms.
A Halo Maps Website