A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: CHRISPOCALYP5E
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 12, 2017 03:36 AM
Website: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvJI8o9JVYs0YZ9NvINtoLQ
Interests: Gaming and modding
Your Age: Classified
What Games do you play: Just about everything on Xbox and Halo and Fallout on PC for modding purposes
You've Encountered Another LASO Master!

Post Statistics
CHRISPOCALYP5E has contributed to 59 posts out of 462326 total posts (.01%) in 94 days (.63 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Apr 12, 2017 03:36 AM (Total replies: 8449)

https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/111581553443263685327/6408015615861129746?icm=false

Looks like that issue never existed...

Spoiler: Restored stock jackal major since there isn't any floating around.
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Apr 13, 2017 at 08:23 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Did anyone else see this? Apr 11, 2017 09:11 AM (Total replies: 3)

Cough* Cough* Say what?!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Those elite bipeds... Apr 10, 2017 08:11 AM (Total replies: 1)

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this in the past but has anyone ever figured out how to edit the elite biped to look exactly like the minor, major, commander and spec ops elites?

I made custom textures but they look a little off and I can never get them to look 100% accurate compared to the actor variant textures.

I've also been hearing rumours that it has something to do with cubemaps. I've experimented with every tag combo I could think of and I either get a texture that doesn't change or something that looks like the actor variant but slightly off.

Any ideas?

Halo CE General Discussion » The CMT SPV3 flood... Apr 8, 2017 03:55 AM (Total replies: 3)

So... The flood...

"The Flood...last few months they show up like the boogyman from stories. Eating people alive?! Where does that get fun?" -Halo 3 marine.

Will the flood in this mod (more specifically the infection forms), add alive/dead actors or bipeds to their ranks via the infection form's infection capabilities as seen in Halo 3? Or do they play out like the stock infection forms, jumping onto a host and make their little munching sounds (have you guys ever heard that odd little munching sound they make?) until the host drops dead?

Will there also be a horrific scene(s) like the one seen in the SOI campaign mod?

I've noticed this too... No offence, but some of those Latino Reach mod maps have this issue...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Screenshots don't work Apr 2, 2017 01:06 AM (Total replies: 9)

Cheers people.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halonimator's modified CMT tagset [Q&A] Mar 31, 2017 07:54 PM (Total replies: 17)

Here's a question...

Is it just me or is the HUD reticle barely visible?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Screenshots don't work Mar 31, 2017 07:25 PM (Total replies: 9)

I have paint, paint.net and GIMP. (I can get photo shop too but I need to reinstall it).

If it's too much I'll watch another 5 videos and eventually figure it out.

Too bad print screening the game doesn't simply do it...

...Or have I missed something with the TGA part?
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 31, 2017 at 07:25 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Screenshots don't work Mar 31, 2017 07:12 PM (Total replies: 9)

I got good news and bad news...

Good news is the screenshots are working. Just adding -console and -devmode with the -screenshot made it work (I already had -screenshot).

Bad news is my screenshots are TGA files and when opened anywhere all you see is a grey square.

Why the hell is it so hard for me to take a screenshot... Seriously what has my CE gaming become. I bet I'm the only person to have ever had this issue? Must be a Windows 10 or security thing once again making simple tasks over complicated.
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 31, 2017 at 07:14 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Dreams in a Cryotank: Official Halo CE thread. Mar 30, 2017 07:17 PM (Total replies: 52)

MEGA, curious questions...

Where did the name Dreams in a Cryotank originate from? What was the thought processing behind the name? Also, what motivates you to create such intriguing CE assets? Further, what is the average time it takes to create those?
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 30, 2017 at 07:21 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Screenshots don't work Mar 30, 2017 07:13 PM (Total replies: 9)

Hey guys for once I'm having a non-mod related issue...

I've followed the tutorials, done the paths and all that but regardless of me pressing the keys to take a screenshot in CE, I'm assuming something isn't right since the screenshot folder remains empty...

Anyone ever have this issue and fix it?

Alternative: Is there a program for taking screenshots or recording floating around out there?

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure Mar 19, 2017 07:33 PM (Total replies: 245)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: CHRISPOCALYP5E
We're all real fans because we play Halo. Some fans just don't posses the same knowledge about the lore or have played every Halo game. If that's the case I highly suggest you do play all the games guys.

Anyway, let me just say... C10... 343 Guilty Spark... That custom mini cutscene with that marine in that dark room...

...WHAT THE HELL?! Now that was disgustingly creepy. Loved it.

It took heavy inspiration from Aliens 2 though.....

I'm aware of the inspirations but Halo needs that creepy cringe factor. When I first played Halo 3 and saw that marine turn into a flood on Floodgate my god was that sickenly awesome. People talk about CE's 343 Guilty Spark freaking them out? I played it when I was a young kid, it didn't effect me one bit but this now two decades later? Wow... Creepy.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure Mar 19, 2017 07:28 PM (Total replies: 245)

Now now people we're all real fans because we play Halo. Some fans just don't posses the same knowledge about the lore nor have played every Halo game. If that's the case I highly suggest you do play all the games though so you understand an average amount of the lore.

Anyway, let me just say... C10... 343 Guilty Spark... That custom mini cutscene with that lone marine in that dark room...

...WHAT THE HELL?! Now that was disgustingly creepy. Loved it.
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 19, 2017 at 07:30 PM

This is a great idea, I can see how this would work in 1st person. Pretty interesting. Are you making a themed mod or 1st person remake of the entire campaign?

As for tags, Combat Evolved or Reach tags would be appropriate given the timeline (and obviously tags that are available floating around the web).

OR... Or... Given the Blur cutscenes, upon close observation some weapons may be mistaken for Halo 3 assets due to some aspects but the cutscenes set a slightly different atmosphere compared to actual gameplay so I guess pick your poison? Personally I'd go with the Combat Evolved tags, hell even if you could get your hands on Anniversary tags that would be even better. That's just a reference though to fill asset voids but you can try custom tags, it's harder but it can work.

OR... Before anyone else mentions it... CMT tags.
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 19, 2017 at 07:39 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO WARS 2 is it worth getting, do to win 10? Mar 15, 2017 06:07 PM (Total replies: 26)

G'day people.

In my opinion:

HW2 looks nice and the story feels like your typical Halo story, it's great plus, apparently this game also fills the void between Halo 5 and 6 so if your deep into the Halo story, this game is worth every $.

As for multiplayer, Firefight is the only thing that seems fresh and fun otherwise it's the same old stuff, a bit buggy too but hey we got to get used to bugs these days in this era of gaming.

EDIT: Blitz. Well you just spawn units with 'cards' rather than at a base. It's like virtual Pokemon or YuGiOh with a Halo theme, the cool thing is unlike REQ cards, in this game you keep them permanently. The bad thing is if your playing with people who have bottomless pockets, well you know how that goes...
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 15, 2017 at 06:13 PM

So after getting a little bored of Custom Edition I finally decided to try that Halo Online thing by El Dorito? El Burrito? Anyway... Although it was interesting with the whole forge tag injection thing (honestly, that and exiting the game would freeze my entire machine).

WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT ABOMINATION OF A GLORIFIED MOD?!

It was so buggy, so ugly and so dodgy. It felt like I was testing some game that was in its earliest development stages.

What did you guys think about it? That is if anyone even bothered since they already knew prior that it was garbage.

I feel dirty I need to change back into my Custom Edition outfit...
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 8, 2017 at 04:24 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 7, 2017 04:52 PM (Total replies: 11276)

Curious question for some of you older community vets.

What is the actual custom content to rehash/port ratio?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 7, 2017 04:27 PM (Total replies: 11918)

Ok I just want to share an insight from a LASO master here...

When I want to enjoy a casual stroll on normal through CMT SPV3 it feels almost as brutal as legendary.

There is something in SPV3 that feels a little overwhelming. I can't tell if it is just the damage output, certain weapons, certain actors BUT SOMETHING feels like it makes the campaign a little overwhelming...
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 7, 2017 at 04:32 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Alex
HaloNoobModder117 all over again.

Probably the funniest, somewhat irrelevant post here. Sorry to burst your bubble but sadly I can read and comprehend and that dude was arguing with users over tags. Just stop being so obnoxious. Okay, back to relevance.

This poor soul is suffering the wrath of this community's salty elitist, basement dweller trolls who can't accept new comers and are afraid of the next generation.

Sorry mate don't know why you bothered here, anything other than kissing one of the golden children's rear ends will award you with hate. There are more civilised, serious communities out there. If you want to actually get some helpful info or recruit, go post on some actual Halo/Xbox based forums or even assemble a team off of a Halo game if you chat with some people (I met a lot in the MCC, not surprisingly they steer clear of this joint). Sadly you wont get anywhere with these people. They've probably been sitting on Custom Edition since the dawn of it and need to satisfy their big grunty thirst with port mods since they probably can't play a Xbox and its exclusive Halo games not available to them...

Let's see how many of you get triggered by this reality check, a check some of you obviously can't handle. Just take a look at the rubbish some of you post.
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 7, 2017 at 04:49 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » actor colors in single player Mar 5, 2017 11:10 PM (Total replies: 5)

Funny when I found out how to change the grunt's colour I went crazy making around 20 unique bipeds with various colours. I tried to figure out giving each of them unique abilities. I ran out of ideas after the 5th one.

Too bad all bipeds aren't as easy to change as the grunt... I'm Looking at you elite...
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 5, 2017 at 11:11 PM

Time: Sat April 29, 2017 3:21 PM 438 ms.
A Halo Maps Website