A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: KasperZERO
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 8, 2019 08:21 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
KasperZERO has contributed to 29 posts out of 468431 total posts (.01%) in 767 days (.04 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Release: Halo Covenant Edition [Xbox] Mar 8, 2019 08:21 PM (Total replies: 10)

Hey thanks DeadHamster! I released the PC version later after adding a lot of extras. I thought I could change the title of this post when I made it.

Any advice or requests would be greatly appreciated. I am still looking into implementing more features to this mod.

The hands currently are cyborg models but grunt arm textures. I'm hoping to include new models overall in future releases.

The health bar is meant to be hidden as your shield vitality is adjusted to replace your body vitality. This is meant to offset not being able to shoot while taking body damage because of a third-person stagger animation.

Also, I was hoping I could get advice on getting the grunts to drive ghosts and ride in warthogs. Any comments or criticisms are also appreciated

Halo CE General Discussion » Release: Halo Covenant Edition [Xbox] Feb 22, 2019 01:11 AM (Total replies: 10)

The PC version of this play-as-grunt campaign has just been released here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r_LeMLtIQpm8ypyQMIglWNi16a11s8Y_

This version is updated and features boss battles with the Master Chief.

I still plan on making more content for Halo both CE and Xbox. Next I will do a campaign using multiplayer maps. If you want to see more covenant campaigns follow me on ModDB: https://www.moddb.com/mods/halo-covenant-edition

Halo CE General Discussion » Release: Halo Covenant Edition [Xbox] Jan 21, 2019 02:58 PM (Total replies: 10)

Thank you for the reply DeadHamster! Your comments have been noted and I will try to implement your ideas.

Halo CE General Discussion » Release: Halo Covenant Edition [Xbox] Jan 21, 2019 06:37 AM (Total replies: 10)

Could you explain to me what is hitscan? How could I implement something else?

Also an update is planned which may feature more health to reduce the stagger effect, plus other content based on input from the community.

Halo CE General Discussion » Release: Halo Covenant Edition [Xbox] Jan 20, 2019 07:10 AM (Total replies: 10)

This mod is meant to be very difficult

Halo CE General Discussion » Release: Halo Covenant Edition [Xbox] Jan 19, 2019 02:56 PM (Total replies: 10)

Download the PC/CE version here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r_LeMLtIQpm8ypyQMIglWNi16a11s8Y_

HALO: COVENANT EDITION

Play as a grunt in Halo campaign - fight marines alongside your covenant allies - now with more content

Features:
-boss battles featuring the Master Chief
-play as a grunt on Covenant team
-spawn with covenant encounters
-fight against marines
-fight with allies
-can use all weapons and vehicles
-uses player walking physics
-player has shields
-press white to say a taunt
-new cutscenes and intro
-Easter eggs
-new colours for grunts
-respawning enemies
-new battles and encounters
-see covenant in idle state and explore

This map pack radically changes the dynamic of Halo's campaign. You will spawn as a grunt among your allies and make your way through what is now allied territory to seek battle. You fight marines and flood along-side your covenant allies. There are less battles but the battles that are there are much bigger and can theoretically last hours. Marines use different weapons and tactics which make for interesting fights. Each level should be beatable but you must meet a condition, i.e. defeat all enemies, hit a switch, or reach the end of a timer. For example, to beat a50 you need to kill Captain Keyes and wait.

DOWNLOAD XBOX HERE: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OAuLze9PYgbWcXUTpuGe_RQ9_U5ew8cD

DOWNLOAD CE VERSION HERE: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r_LeMLtIQpm8ypyQMIglWNi16a11s8Y_

VIDEO DEMO: https://youtu.be/EPw2DCalI-M

Credits:
-SPARTAN04 for grunt_mp tags
-Donut7024 for Cyborg AI Addons

Tools used:
-Arsenic
-Eschaton
-HHT
-HMT v3.5
-HEK
-MEK [Refinery]

Thanks to Microsoft and Bungie for Halo

Please like and comment if you play this
Edited by KasperZERO on Feb 22, 2019 at 01:02 AM
Edited by KasperZERO on Feb 22, 2019 at 01:03 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Adding Shields to Bipeds Jan 5, 2019 01:54 AM (Total replies: 4)

Thanks a lot!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Adding Shields to Bipeds Jan 5, 2019 12:00 AM (Total replies: 4)

How do I add cyborg/elite shields to custom bipeds and characters, such as grunts? Is this in the bipd tag or somewhere else?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't access map saved by tool Oct 27, 2018 08:29 PM (Total replies: 2)

Thanks bro! I ran command prompt as admin and it worked this time

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't access map saved by tool Oct 27, 2018 06:59 PM (Total replies: 2)

When I run build-cache-file with tool, it saves a .map file but the icon has a small lock over it. I cannot see the file under my normal file explorer but I can see the file when I use Guerilla to open file. Anyone know why this would happen?

Halo CE General Discussion » modifying campaigns with HEK May 23, 2017 12:26 AM (Total replies: 7)

I was missing a bunch of .weapon and .vehicle tags [I'm assuming are campaign specific] .. debug.txt help me tremendously with troubleshooting .. found the extra tag set on this site at "http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1389" .. thank you guys.

also re sparkedit .. I can play SP maps with scen objects being translated, but not duplicated .. using vbindiff I see that when sparkedit handles duplications in single player maps, 0x42 bytes are overwritten somewhere in the scenario tag, while for multiplayer 0x42 bytes are injected, and one byte is incremented [the number of objects in that tag], and a number of other 4 byte values following it are incremented by 0x42 [which I assume is the size of the data] .. like anyone cares anymore. ;]

Quote: --- Original message by: XxPopeAK49xX
Why modify something already perfect? Typical plebs.

... Variety?

I agree with you about perfection though .. it's why I cling to the original Halo engine so much .. why would I rock anything less than perfect ;]
Edited by KasperZERO on May 23, 2017 at 01:06 AM
Edited by KasperZERO on May 26, 2017 at 12:43 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » modifying campaigns with HEK May 22, 2017 01:48 AM (Total replies: 7)

I try to load any .scenario tag with Sapien and the program will just freeze as it boots up and crash. I'm not trying to make a new map but modify existing campaigns to add new scenery weapons enemy spawns etc.

So how can I load a stock campaign .scenario tag into sapien? is it possible?

Also I don't know if anyone still does Halo Xbox but Sparkedit corrupts campaign maps when saving after duplicating things ..

Halo CE General Discussion » Arsenic won't run Mar 4, 2017 07:16 PM (Total replies: 2)

I got Arsenic v2.0.0.9, installed SlimDX and .NET, and it won't run.

The error is a System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Is anyone familiar with this? Why this program won't run :[

edit: I had the January 2012 SlimDX installed, maybe that was why? I uninstalled that first then tried installing the November 2008 after I ended up finding it here. It now works.
Edited by KasperZERO on Jul 27, 2017 at 02:03 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » flashlights on marines Mar 1, 2017 11:18 PM (Total replies: 11)

Could you please go into some more detail about this? I don't know where that is you got that screenshot from

Halo CE General Discussion » flashlights on marines Mar 1, 2017 10:06 PM (Total replies: 11)

Is there a way to activate flashlights as part of the meta or tag, or does it have to be scripted?

Halo CE General Discussion » flashlights on marines Feb 24, 2017 10:28 PM (Total replies: 11)

In Truth and Reconciliation, the marines have their flashlights on. I notice also that they turn their lights on after exiting the pelican in-game.

Is this a script or a part of the actor or weapon tag? I'm trying to have the marines turn their falshlights on in other levels. Anyone?

Halo CE General Discussion » actor colors in single player Feb 23, 2017 08:18 PM (Total replies: 5)

I'm just wondering if anybody knows about this topic .. there's an actor variant tag with upper and lower color bounds, but I notice with the grunt minor that there is no color value, even though the grunt major has a color value. In fact, grunt minor meta is about x20 bytes shorter, leaving out the array which is supposed to hold the value

EDIT: The offsets for grunt minor RGB color lower and upper bound is in the bipd tag, located at 0x524 to 0x53b in the meta. Thank you, notrododo93
Edited by KasperZERO on Mar 1, 2017 at 10:08 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » glowing enemies Feb 21, 2017 08:18 PM (Total replies: 18)

I prefer to play on the TV. I'm not a serious gamer, hence why I'm just trying to do some reskinning mods and aesthetic stuff to visually enhance the game a bit for myself .. the more I look into this though I may get HCE so I can get into making machinemas

FYI, I found the offsets for Color of emitted light lower and upper in the shader model meta file, from offset x78-x83 and x84-x8F. I used a hex editor and voila, glowing.

Edited by KasperZERO on Mar 2, 2017 at 09:11 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » glowing enemies Feb 21, 2017 07:08 PM (Total replies: 18)

You know what, considering that, I'll invest in getting Halo PC if I can find a copy. Just never owned the game for computer tbh. I always loved Xbox.

Still if you happen to know something about this I would appreciate any advice you could offer, even if somebody could just confirm that this is possible to do either on the Xbox or on CE.

I know this may not be the place for help modding Xbox when this is a CE forum, but all the Xbox forums are (to my knowledge at least) all down. You guys have still just helped me out a ton though.

Halo CE General Discussion » glowing enemies Feb 21, 2017 03:08 PM (Total replies: 18)

Because I'm mostly trying to mod for Xbox. Never used HEK before.

Time: Sun March 24, 2019 12:13 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website