A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: not m00kz
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 6, 2017 02:52 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
are you pecking kidding me

Post Statistics
not m00kz has contributed to 42 posts out of 462306 total posts (.01%) in 63 days (.67 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

CE's lack of death screams is a code (compiled binaries) defect, not a content (tags) defect. Fixing code defects in CE is a far more involved process.

I have, however, heard there is some clever tag-work hackitry that can be done to implement death screams.

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
grow up man

rich

I'm not reading all that sweetie perra shorten it up scrub.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 28, 2017 01:21 PM (Total replies: 11276)

Some autistic draw i dedicated to my favorite "friends"
http://i.imgur.com/zXR3qIo.jpg

did u one too on my garbage note 3 hombre

https://youtu.be/1K0SJoXvefw?t=56s
Edited by not m00kz on Mar 26, 2017 at 06:39 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 26, 2017 06:32 PM (Total replies: 86)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
60FPS adds nothing to Halo's visual fidelity because the stock animations are 30FPS.

as true as that may be, the combat feels infinitely snappier and more responsive. get yourself a 144hz 1ms response time monitor and everything will feel like effing butter.

as badly as the 30-locked animations stick out, it's hardly your last concern when you're trying to land shots.

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 25, 2017 05:13 PM (Total replies: 86)

this should be the end of it.

i have the vg48QE and hope 120-144hz becomes the standard. excluding the locked animations, moving around in ce is smooth and snappy

Stop! you poor mindless peasant.343i has shown us 60fps cant improve bad gameplay at all, it just improves games that are good like bungie halo's. imagine Halo 3 on pc at 85fps.

too bad you can't afford a monitor that supports over 15 hz

Edited by not m00kz on Mar 25, 2017 at 05:19 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 25, 2017 05:10 PM (Total replies: 11276)

i hope trumps wall includes the internet

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 25, 2017 07:58 AM (Total replies: 11276)

because he's literally 12

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 23, 2017 10:50 PM (Total replies: 11276)

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Its wierd how people that dont make content are yelling between themselves.

dude, what's a tag

what's projectile velocity

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 23, 2017 02:01 AM (Total replies: 11276)

Dont stream or i will swat you. Im a programmer not an artist.

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 22, 2017 01:13 AM (Total replies: 86)

naisu

was my automation concept a bit of inspiration by any chance

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 20, 2017 04:28 PM (Total replies: 86)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
At this point I wonder if he is just a troll and not really an idiot.

At least i dont defend racist KUNTS like you do! Bioware deserves hates the same way 343i.

Uninstall halo

Uninstall windows

Uninstaller your life

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 20, 2017 09:25 AM (Total replies: 11276)

Second bsp of planet_flood_e
http://i.imgur.com/eEfCNdb.jpg

what happened to beaver creek

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Wait, isn't NERD SAUCE... M00kz's channel?!?!?!?

n-no

Edited by not m00kz on Mar 20, 2017 at 09:56 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 19, 2017 05:28 PM (Total replies: 11276)

are we doing audio stuff now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKc5GgGqS1s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT8X7uWh_jU

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 18, 2017 09:05 PM (Total replies: 86)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
Quote: --- Original message by: not m00kz
Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64
yep if your going to use michelles method it would be best used for a completely fresh tagset as redoing the old one would be a very time consuming and annoying process.

import an animation, convert to 60, re-export. depending on the software, "convert to 60" could be tedious

I haven't touched much modern 3D animation software, but I'd imagine nowadays there would be an option to increase the framerate while retaining the timing of the keys. i don't recall max having that though, and i dont think bluestreak is compatible with modern stuff

The animations can be converted in max with easily with a couple of clicks. Problem is (like you said) there is so many animations that it would get quite tedious. It'd be much easier if someone knew how to write a script or program that converted all of them at once.

one could theoretically automate the process, to run through the entire /tags/ folder and create a duplicate animation tag with an appended filename. assuming max script supports the concepts I'm laying down here (i'm awful at coding fyi):

//variables
string tagsDirectory = new string;
string newTagDirectory = new string;
string tagToWriteTo = new string;
string currentAnimation = new string;
string currentTag = new string;

//code

tagsDirectory = halo custom edition/tags/

foreach (animation tag) in tagsDirectory
{
currentTag = animation tag;
tagDirectory = directory Of current animation tag;
tagToWriteTo = currentTag + (animation tag + "_60");
create duplicate tag file at (tagDirectory + tagToWriteTo)

run the bluestreak importer

foreach(animation in bluestreak)
{
currentAnimation = (animation in bluestreak)
import the animation;
convert frame rate to 60;
export the animation with BlueStreak to (currentAnimation) in (tagToWriteTo);
}

or something

Edited by not m00kz on Mar 18, 2017 at 09:08 PM
Edited by not m00kz on Mar 18, 2017 at 09:10 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 17, 2017 09:56 PM (Total replies: 86)

Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64
yep if your going to use michelles method it would be best used for a completely fresh tagset as redoing the old one would be a very time consuming and annoying process.

import an animation, convert to 60, re-export. depending on the software, "convert to 60" could be tedious

I haven't touched much modern 3D animation software, but I'd imagine nowadays there would be an option to increase the framerate while retaining the timing of the keys. i don't recall max having that though, and i dont think bluestreak is compatible with modern stuff

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 14, 2017 08:55 PM (Total replies: 11276)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
It seems Altis is a... "fan" of ... "one direction".

you've killed me

Halo CE General Discussion » lost, need directions Mar 12, 2017 09:51 PM (Total replies: 10)

if you're mp focused you're going to want ce and hac2. ce is the game, hac2 adds essential features (map downloading, favorite servers, fov tweaking, medal packs, etc).

os is generally used for single player content. hac2 and os don't play well together, but you can have multiple ce installs on your machine at once. once you install the game for the first time, you can create duplicates of the folder for various configurations. my suggestion is to keep a stock install in case you need to revert, an mp install with hac2, and a campaign install with os.

you may want to add parameters to the game shortcut.
-windowed - runs the game windowed
-console - enables dev console
-exec init.txt - runs through init.txt in my root folder to run the following commands on launch:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;personal settings;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
fov 110 ;sets field of view to 110
multiplayer_hit_sound_volume 0.1 ;turns down the MP hit sound (for my hitmarkers hac2 optic pack)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;debug stuff;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;rasterizer_fps 1 ;displays FPS
;show_hud 0 ;turn off the hud
;devcam 1 ;toggles HAC2 devcam

;;;;;;;;;;;;
;look input;
;;;;;;;;;;;;
mouse_acceleration 0 ;disables mouse acceleration
player_magnetism 1 ;enables controller magnetism (sticky aim)
player_autoaim 1 ;enables auto-aim (red reticule, bullet magnetism)
set_pitch_rate .1 ;uncertain. suggested setting for SPV3
set_yaw_rate .1 ;uncertain. suggested setting for SPV3

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;clear the console;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
cls ;clears the console

be sure to look at these tweak guides:

http://www.tweakguides.com/Halo_8.html
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/3066503?showBanned=0&path=0

Edited by not m00kz on Mar 12, 2017 at 10:06 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 11, 2017 02:39 PM (Total replies: 11276)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
I like your art Mookz.

i aint no craig mullins

Time: Mon April 24, 2017 1:12 PM 578 ms.
A Halo Maps Website