A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: GirtheDoge
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 7, 2017 08:29 PM
Interests: Your mom
Your Age: 14
What Games do you play: Games that don't suck
Been playin Halo since 07

Post Statistics
GirtheDoge has contributed to 32 posts out of 464583 total posts (.01%) in 128 days (.25 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » I'm leaving Nov 7, 2017 08:29 PM (Total replies: 22)

God dang everyones starting to leave the modding community

Halo CE General Discussion » Final update to the MEK Nov 3, 2017 09:08 PM (Total replies: 13)

Hey Moe thanks for all the help you gave me and thank you for your tools. Because of you, I have reached many of my goals in modding halo ce. Just a couple more questions i have for you before you go, I going to start compiling the sound files now that i have the time. does refinery still have the issue with extracting large sound files and also i would i fix broken bsps

Edited by GirtheDoge on Nov 3, 2017 at 09:13 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Update: I might quit modding Halo CE PC soon Oct 17, 2017 11:38 PM (Total replies: 14)

Jobalisk. Just to let you know, I'm just guy who makes ai maps. I never published them cause I was too lazy. I primarily just messed around with the vanilla ai. ever since around july i been trying to spawn spv3 ai
Also, I been playing halo since I was 4. That was 10 years ago! Thats a long time!

Edited by GirtheDoge on Oct 17, 2017 at 11:51 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Update: I might quit modding Halo CE PC soon Oct 17, 2017 03:40 PM (Total replies: 14)

I thought modding halo custom edition was hard when i started. After a couple months of research i finally got how modding ce works. Ill just do research for a while and ill get how it works. Im kinda rough on coding. Even if it is a complicated process to mod halo console games, thats what research is for. If its too complicated ill still buy a modded console and play halo with mods. Like i said,ill give an update once i get the console and learn to mod halo. Also dead hamster, theres a mod for halo 3 and 4 ai playground made by gamecheat13 search him up hes pretty cool
Edited by GirtheDoge on Oct 17, 2017 at 03:42 PM
Edited by GirtheDoge on Oct 17, 2017 at 03:45 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Update: I might quit modding Halo CE PC soon Oct 17, 2017 08:14 AM (Total replies: 14)

As read from the title, I might quit very soon. I'm not quitting because it's too hard too mod(I have been researching day after day on how to make maps and how to get ai tags) because I want to move on to modding console games. The primary reason why I even started on halo ce is because halo ce was the only option for me to make ai battles. In order to mod halo games, on the xbox, you have to own a jtagged xbox which is complicated to make and cost around 150-250 dollars. I plan to save up for a jtagged xbox as soon as I get a job. After I finally get the modded xbox, I might quit playing halo ce pc due to the newer game engines, the complex ai and better gameplay. Im probauly going to start a gaming/modding channel named Sargent 0,my gamertag. I'll give another update just to let you know if I've 100% quit halo pc modding and moved on to modding halo 3 or some other halo game.

Hey moe how would I fix these tags I dont know how to recompile

I loaded and ripped spv3s ai tags into os_sapien(doesnt crash first time round). But when I reopen my scenario(I placed AI encounters for spv3 brute chieftans) sapien crashes. also I cant find my debug file for sapien. I got a f load of hw and projects and I have a couple other things on my list to do. Please answer my question. today might be the only free time I have

Edited by GirtheDoge on Oct 6, 2017 at 11:51 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: GirtheDoge
Thanks dennis! and Matt it just did
just so that you don't get a skewed perspective of reality I should tell you it made no difference whatsoever. Your Avatar was approved before the thread was seen.

? My avatar was approved at 12:23 am and I posted
Quote: Thanks dennis! and Matt it just did
at 12:31. Does the avatar pic take time to update or whatever?

Edited by GirtheDoge on Oct 6, 2017 at 12:40 AM

I loaded and ripped spv3s ai tags into os_sapien(doesnt crash first time round). But when I reopen my scenario(I placed AI encounters for spv3 brute chieftans) sapien crashes. also I cant find my debug file for sapien. help plz

Thanks dennis! and Matt it just did

please approve my profile pic

I used Refinery to rip the tags. I'll check my debug file later. Im in the middle of something

its in the title. i have finally ripped spv3s tags after all this time, but when I open up OS_sapien on a scenario, it immediately crashes. I don't know if my tags are corrupt or not. I'll provide a link to my tags folder on google drive so you could look at it later today. Do you need to open OS maps or regular maps for the tags to work? does it matter what kind of map? Help plz

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Oct 2, 2017 11:15 PM (Total replies: 78)

hey MOE i have all of those required folders but i have 1 extra. its called err.yelo will this mess up anything. also what does cheape.yelo mean/ Also i have perfectly extracted all the of the tags from the maps and when I open OS_Sapien on bloodgulch. OS_Sapien crashes immediatly. can I only place the OS tags on a OS map?

Edited by GirtheDoge on Oct 2, 2017 at 11:19 PM
Edited by GirtheDoge on Oct 3, 2017 at 12:24 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Sep 30, 2017 04:19 PM (Total replies: 78)

Hey MOE thanks for the update!!! the extraction of spv3s maps worked alot better than before however it didnt extract all of the tags. refinery, on the first spv3 map, extracted 3835 tags out of 4766 tags. its around 80 percent of the tags. the reason why is because i looked at some of the tags in the extraction log and it said that i couldnt get their "meta" and some of the tags were undefined. i dont know what either of these mean. does this mean that some of the tags are trash or useless. help plz

Edited by GirtheDoge on Sep 30, 2017 at 04:25 PM

Are you talking about making ai battles with completely different AI tags(like sayyyyyyy original halo ce tags) or are you saying I can make ai battles WITH SPV3 AI but without placing in a map in OS_Sapien
I need SPV3's Tags just to place them in some random map and watch them fight. there is no other way to make ai battles without placing them on maps from what I heard
If you meant using an alternate AI tagset then im not doin it. SPV3s tags are the best I have ever saw. The only exception I have is Altehros's AI tags
Edited by GirtheDoge on Sep 22, 2017 at 07:30 PM

Thanks MOE I'll keep playin with halo custom edition for a while after a couple months if i still dont have spv3s tags then i'll just quit and switch to some other game like making ai battles on skyrim (which is extremely easy to do)

Oh ok when will they release the tags

I have been trying since April to make AI battles in Halo CE. Currently, the best AI Tags to mess around with are SPV3's tags. Everything about that mod is..... perfect. I absolutely love it.
Here's what I know about getting tags
-I know how to extract Tags from(HEK+(sucks though)) and yelo tags with Refinery(New to MEK)
-I know about dependencies issues but I dont know how to fix them
-I know how to use HEK and how to install OS_HEK
-I know how to use tool and OS_tool
Stuff I don't know
-I dont know where to put the .yelo scenario tag when extracting from Refinery
-When I try to extract SPV3's tags, 25% of the tags are fully extracted and the remaining 75 % isn't extracted
SPV3 has alot of dependecy issues when extracting(im talking about thousands of files) so I try to extract every SPV3 map and the same issue occurs
-I dont know how to fully load .yelo tags into Halo CE
-I dont know how to change the health of SPV3s enemies equivalant to legendary instead of easy(more effective and entertaining AI Battles)
OK can someone provide me the instructions for extracting SPV3's tags. I tried asking the developers but they ignore me. mosesofegypt if your reading,What do i do with the tags before extracting SPV3s tags,(I suggest you try to extract SPV3s tags yourself and look at the problem also I have a bunch of hishschool HW and I dont have time to figure out the issue myself) I'm pretty new to using Refinery and I don't how to deal with the tags.(i found Refinery out like 2 months ago but I had school stuff to deal with first) Im like "this" close to making AI battles with SPV3. I just got into Halo custom edition cause I heard that its really easy to make AI battles. If I can't make AI battles with SPV3 tags or CMT:TSC Tags (its acually the most recent SPV3 tags I want. CMT:TSC tags are just an alternative)then I am going to just quit playing Halo CE. ITs complete BS why SPV3 isnt sharing everyone their tags or at least telling everyone how to extract spv3s tags

Edited by GirtheDoge on Sep 20, 2017 at 09:36 PM

I have been trying since April to make AI battles in Halo CE. Currently, the best AI Tags

DO NOT REPLY LOOk AT MY OTHER EDITED POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to mess around with are SPV3's tags. Everything about that mod is..... perfect. I absolutely love it.
Here's what I know about getting tags
-I know how to extract Tags from(HEK+(sucks though) and yelo tags with Refinery
Refinery(rough)
-I know about dependencies issues but I dont know how to fix them
-how know how to use HEK and how to install OS_HEK
-I know how to use tool and OS_tool
Stuff I don't know
-I dont know where to put the .yelo scenario tag when extracting from Refinery
-When I try to extract SPV#'s tags, 25% of the tags are fully extracted and the remaining 75 % isn't extracted
SPV# has alot of dependecy issues when extracting(im talking about thousands of files) so I try to extract every SPV3 map and the same issue occurs
-I dont know how to fully load .yelo tags into Halo CE
OK can someone provide me the instructions for extracting SPV3's tags. I tried asking the developers but they ignore me. mosesofegypt if your reading,What do i do in order to extract SPV3s tags, I'm pretty new to using Refinery and I don't how to deal with the tags.(i found Refinery out like 2 months ago but I had school stuff to deal with first) Im like "this" close to making AI battles with SPV3. I just got into Halo custom edition cause I heard that its really easy to make AI battles. If I can't make AI battles with SPV3 tags or CMT:TSC Tags then I am going to just quit playing Halo CE. ITs complete BS why SPV3 isnt sharing everyone their tags or at least telling everyone how to extract spv3s tags
Edited by GirtheDoge on Sep 20, 2017 at 09:31 PM

Time: Sat November 18, 2017 5:06 AM 438 ms.
A Halo Maps Website