A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: GirtheDoge
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 22, 2017 07:26 PM
Interests: bob
Your Age: bob
What Games do you play: bob

Post Statistics
GirtheDoge has contributed to 17 posts out of 464614 total posts (0.00%) in 74 days (.23 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Are you talking about making ai battles with completely different AI tags(like sayyyyyyy original halo ce tags) or are you saying I can make ai battles WITH SPV3 AI but without placing in a map in OS_Sapien
I need SPV3's Tags just to place them in some random map and watch them fight. there is no other way to make ai battles without placing them on maps from what I heard
If you meant using an alternate AI tagset then im not doin it. SPV3s tags are the best I have ever saw. The only exception I have is Altehros's AI tags
Edited by GirtheDoge on Sep 22, 2017 at 07:30 PM

Thanks MOE I'll keep playin with halo custom edition for a while after a couple months if i still dont have spv3s tags then i'll just quit and switch to some other game like making ai battles on skyrim (which is extremely easy to do)

Oh ok when will they release the tags

I have been trying since April to make AI battles in Halo CE. Currently, the best AI Tags to mess around with are SPV3's tags. Everything about that mod is..... perfect. I absolutely love it.
Here's what I know about getting tags
-I know how to extract Tags from(HEK+(sucks though)) and yelo tags with Refinery(New to MEK)
-I know about dependencies issues but I dont know how to fix them
-I know how to use HEK and how to install OS_HEK
-I know how to use tool and OS_tool
Stuff I don't know
-I dont know where to put the .yelo scenario tag when extracting from Refinery
-When I try to extract SPV3's tags, 25% of the tags are fully extracted and the remaining 75 % isn't extracted
SPV3 has alot of dependecy issues when extracting(im talking about thousands of files) so I try to extract every SPV3 map and the same issue occurs
-I dont know how to fully load .yelo tags into Halo CE
-I dont know how to change the health of SPV3s enemies equivalant to legendary instead of easy(more effective and entertaining AI Battles)
OK can someone provide me the instructions for extracting SPV3's tags. I tried asking the developers but they ignore me. mosesofegypt if your reading,What do i do with the tags before extracting SPV3s tags,(I suggest you try to extract SPV3s tags yourself and look at the problem also I have a bunch of hishschool HW and I dont have time to figure out the issue myself) I'm pretty new to using Refinery and I don't how to deal with the tags.(i found Refinery out like 2 months ago but I had school stuff to deal with first) Im like "this" close to making AI battles with SPV3. I just got into Halo custom edition cause I heard that its really easy to make AI battles. If I can't make AI battles with SPV3 tags or CMT:TSC Tags (its acually the most recent SPV3 tags I want. CMT:TSC tags are just an alternative)then I am going to just quit playing Halo CE. ITs complete BS why SPV3 isnt sharing everyone their tags or at least telling everyone how to extract spv3s tags

Edited by GirtheDoge on Sep 20, 2017 at 09:36 PM

I have been trying since April to make AI battles in Halo CE. Currently, the best AI Tags

DO NOT REPLY LOOk AT MY OTHER EDITED POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to mess around with are SPV3's tags. Everything about that mod is..... perfect. I absolutely love it.
Here's what I know about getting tags
-I know how to extract Tags from(HEK+(sucks though) and yelo tags with Refinery
Refinery(rough)
-I know about dependencies issues but I dont know how to fix them
-how know how to use HEK and how to install OS_HEK
-I know how to use tool and OS_tool
Stuff I don't know
-I dont know where to put the .yelo scenario tag when extracting from Refinery
-When I try to extract SPV#'s tags, 25% of the tags are fully extracted and the remaining 75 % isn't extracted
SPV# has alot of dependecy issues when extracting(im talking about thousands of files) so I try to extract every SPV3 map and the same issue occurs
-I dont know how to fully load .yelo tags into Halo CE
OK can someone provide me the instructions for extracting SPV3's tags. I tried asking the developers but they ignore me. mosesofegypt if your reading,What do i do in order to extract SPV3s tags, I'm pretty new to using Refinery and I don't how to deal with the tags.(i found Refinery out like 2 months ago but I had school stuff to deal with first) Im like "this" close to making AI battles with SPV3. I just got into Halo custom edition cause I heard that its really easy to make AI battles. If I can't make AI battles with SPV3 tags or CMT:TSC Tags then I am going to just quit playing Halo CE. ITs complete BS why SPV3 isnt sharing everyone their tags or at least telling everyone how to extract spv3s tags
Edited by GirtheDoge on Sep 20, 2017 at 09:31 PM

Yeah but my tagset is from tsc:evolved tagset i didnt extract the yelo maps. i downloaded it. btw I tried to extract spv3s tags but sapien wouldnt accept them. sapien didnt even load any map

and moe its fine and I also. it was a permission issue

the cmt tagset has alot of broken dependencies. My estimate is probauly 100s and 100s of broken dpendencies. How do I fix a broken dependency quickly?
It couldnt scan CMT vehicles,sounds,Shader_environment tags,particle_systems,particles,bipeds and some other tags. It scanned most tags though
Edited by GirtheDoge on Aug 7, 2017 at 10:38 PM

nvm I thought it was in a loop but it says it couldnt load stuff here's a sample of the output(its pretty big and it just says it cant load anything)

effects\lights\coop teleport.lens_flare
    Could not load 'effects\lights\coop teleport.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'effects\lights\large explosion.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'effects\lights\small explosion.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'lens flares\b40 orange glow.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'lens flares\c20 dim blue round.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'lens flares\fluorescent glow-flicker.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'lens flares\fluorescent glow.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'lens flares\hazard light.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'lens flares\inner engine.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'lens flares\large explosion.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'lens flares\large forerunner glow.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'lens flares\large fuzzyblue.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'lens flares\rectangular blue.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'lens flares\rectangular purple.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\a10\devices\alert_light\alert_light2.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\a10\devices\lifepod device\effects\lifepod explosion.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\a10\devices\shield charge\shield charge ring.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\a10\devices\shield charge\shield charge.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\a10\devices\space_battle\explosion_space.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\a10\poa_explosions\poa_fireflash large.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\a10\poa_explosions\poa_fireflash.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\a10\scenery\poa large exhaust.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\a10\scenery\poa small exhaust.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\a30\devices\beam emitter\beam.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\a30\devices\torpedo_bridge\emitter.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\a30\scenery\holo control indicator\holo indicator.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\a50\devices\light_ceiling\spotlight small.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\a50\devices\light_ground\light ground spotlight small.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\a50\devices\shuttle bay doors\shield.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\b30\devices\doors\door small\locklight.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\b30\devices\interior tech objects\holo control room display\holo control room display.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\b40\devices\b40_generator_fx\generator glow.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\b40\devices\b40_generator_fx\generator light.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\b40\devices\b40_generator_fx\generator overload glow.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\b40\devices\b40_generator_fx\generator overload light.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\b40\devices\b40_outerdoor\b40_locklight.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\b40\devices\b40_spotlight\b40_big.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\b40\devices\b40_spotlight\b40_med.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\b40\devices\b40_spotlight\b40_small.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\b40\scenery\b40_ctorch\ctorch.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\c10\scenery\cyan point light\light.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\c10\scenery\green point light\light.lens_flare'
    Could not load 'levels\c10\scenery\orange point light\light.lens_flare'

help I also changed the tagset to OS v4 and it still doesnt work
    Edited by GirtheDoge on Aug 7, 2017 at 04:36 PM
    Edited by GirtheDoge on Aug 7, 2017 at 04:40 PM
    Edited by GirtheDoge on Aug 7, 2017 at 04:46 PM

Thanks, moe but whenever I select my tags directory and I scan it, the log says it couldnt load anything and the scanner was going in a loop scanning my entire tags directory again and again

OMG thanks but I still have another problem about the brute tag causing sapien to crash. Is it corrupt?

I've finally managed to place ai and other CMT tags in a map(not all the tags though) with OS Sapien. Whenever I successfully place CMT's TSC:Evolved Tags down and I try to build the map with OS tool, It says it can't load the scenario heres the output

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>tool build-cache-file levels\test\tutorial\test
    Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
    tag data 'hs_syntax_data_definition' too large.
    failed to load scenario tag 'levels\test\tutorial\test'
    tag data 'hs_syntax_data_definition' too large.
    failed to load scenario tag 'levels\test\tutorial\test'
    need to get the following tags:

### FAILED TO LOAD SCENARIO.

Cache pack file bitmaps hits: 0 for 0.00M
    Cache pack file bitmaps adds/misses: 0 for 0.00M
    Cache pack file sounds hits: 0 for 0.00M
    Cache pack file sounds adds/misses: 0 for 0.00M
    Cache pack file loc hits: 0 for 0.00M
    Cache pack file loc adds/misses: 0 for 0.00M

Ok, now the other problem is that when I load specific tags in a map and place them down, OS Sapien crashes(Brute tags) not immediatly but when i reopen the map it crashes. someone help plz

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Aug 5, 2017 07:59 PM (Total replies: 63)

moe yeah you did i manually installed them. thanks for the help moe

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Aug 5, 2017 02:31 PM (Total replies: 63)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
    Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
    Install OS4 again but now with OS_sapien and OS_Guerrilla

This ^

Thanks but this might be a stupid question. I cant find OS sapien or guerilla anywhere on google. i can only find a OS plugin for HEKplus. can you give me a link. How do you get them
    Edited by GirtheDoge on Aug 5, 2017 at 02:36 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Aug 4, 2017 02:23 PM (Total replies: 63)

what special version of sapien? Is it private or public? If public can you provide me a link to it?

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Aug 4, 2017 12:24 AM (Total replies: 63)

Quote: --- Original message by: Sod
    Quote: --- Original message by: GirtheDoge

Thanks so you so much but just one more problem. i have extracted tags from spv3 pillar of autumn map but it doesnt load on sapien i have the original halo ce tags btw. sapien just says that it couldnt load

I believe Refinery is having issues extracting .yelo maps, something to do with animations if I recall correctly.

Wierd I've seen your spv3 covenant vs halo ce covenant vid on youtube. how did you manage to get spv3 tags? or did you use tsc:evolved tagset. the tsc:evolved tagset never works for me. In fact any OS tagset never works. sapien wont load any of them. and when it does load them and i test the map in halo ce, it crashes. also ive read the instructions about where to put tsc tags. ive also extracted every original singleplayer map from halo
    Edited by GirtheDoge on Aug 4, 2017 at 12:28 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Aug 3, 2017 11:42 PM (Total replies: 63)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
    This issue seems to be occurring for lots of people for some reason, so I figured it's time to tell everyone what's going on and how to manually fix this.

Python has a package manager called Pip, and the MEK_Installer calls on it to look for the packages that my library depends on. For some reason(I think it might be due to a version naming convention), Pip is using an old version of some of the libraries, even when there are new versions available. Pip's job is more or less to find those packages, download them, and install them to python's site-packages folder so python apps can find and use them.

Here are steps to manually download the newest versions and install them. It's not hard or complicated.

1: Locate your python installation folder and in it go to "Lib\site-packages\"(mine is "C:\Python35\Lib\site-packages"). If you've already run the MEK_Installer and it completed you should see at least these 4 folders in there: binilla, mozzarilla, reclaimer, supyr_struct.

2: Delete those 4 folders and any folders that look like them, but with a bunch of other crap on the end(like binilla-2017.4.17.dist-info)

3: Download the most up to date versions of each of those 4 from my Bitbucket repositories:
    Binilla: https://bitbucket.org/Moses_of_Egypt/binilla/downloads/
    Mozzarilla: https://bitbucket.org/Moses_of_Egypt/mozzarilla/downloads/
    Reclaimer: https://bitbucket.org/Moses_of_Egypt/reclaimer/downloads/
    Supyr Struct: https://bitbucket.org/Moses_of_Egypt/supyr_struct/downloads/

4: Unzip them to the site-packages folder and make sure to rename them to binilla, mozzarilla, reclaimer, and supyr_struct.

This should fix the problem, and should make it so you can update just fine from now on. Alternatively, I think I might've just fixed the issue, so you're welcome to try the running the update function of the installer with "force reinstall" again.

Thanks so you so much but just one more problem. i have extracted tags from spv3 pillar of autumn map but it doesnt load on sapien i have the original halo ce tags btw. sapien just says that it couldnt load

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Aug 3, 2017 07:30 PM (Total replies: 63)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
    Sorry, forgot to say to check "Force reinstall" before you hit upgrade. If that doesn't do it, then message me your discord or skype and I'll be able to help you more.

For some reason Refinery doesnt work for me. I installed MEK correctly.(download python,check add to path,run MEK installer etc) only a handful of programs work for me and refinery doesnt work. the command prompt stays open doing nothing
    heres the output

Refinery is warming up...
    Importing supyr_struct modules
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Huma\Documents\Moses_of_Egypt-mek-190f525d9ad2\Moses_of_Egypt-mek-190f525d9ad2\Refinery.py", line 3, in <module>
    from refinery_core.main import *
    File "C:\Users\Huma\Documents\Moses_of_Egypt-mek-190f525d9ad2\Moses_of_Egypt-mek-190f525d9ad2\refinery_core\main.py", line 24, in <module>
    from supyr_struct.defs.util import *
    ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'supyr_struct.defs.util'

help plz

Hi, I have recently downloaded Halo Custom Edition so I could do a bunch of AI battles. I've already got every program needed in order to do that(HEK,HEK+ and all that other stuff) So I downloaded CMT's TSC Evolved Tagpack and I extracted one of SPV3's levels to get the tags.
    (Link to CMT's TSC Evolved Tagpack is here -> <http://www.nexusmods.com/halo/mods/13/?>)
    So then I open up Sapien and I try to upload a tag to the map but then I get this error

Not all of the selected tags can be added to the palette:
    You selected one or more files that can't be loaded correctly.
    Contact your nearest Bungie programmer for assistance.

I have no idea what is wrong and I don't know how to fix this. I looked at the description of the CMT TSC Evolved MAP download page and I found out that HEK does corrupt files when extracting .yelo maps. Is there any alternative for HEK+ and how do I add CMT's tags to Sapien? Please Help. :(

Time: Mon September 25, 2017 11:47 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website