A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Elote
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 30, 2018 03:14 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Elote has contributed to 23 posts out of 467800 total posts (0.00%) in 490 days (.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Encounter Actor variance? Oct 30, 2018 03:14 AM (Total replies: 2)

This isn't really well documented anywhere but how did bungie vary their encounters? For example some of the flood encounters on two betrays on each play through will have different weapons, I guess another example is in SPV3 a pack of brutes will replace a few elites and vice versa, how exactly is this done?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Ai weapons detonate in dropship? Sep 27, 2018 04:53 AM (Total replies: 2)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
I guess that since there is no animations set up for grunts to hold the weapon while in the dropship it isn't equipped and the weapon somehow confuses that with being dropped and self destructs as fuelrods do in this game.

Don't grunts with fuel rods exit a dropship on d20?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Ai weapons detonate in dropship? Sep 25, 2018 05:56 AM (Total replies: 2)

Okay so I have a dropship come in and drop off an elite with a energy sword and a grunt with a fuel rod, the weapons detonate in their hands (the fuel rod causing no damage) and the units end up having no weapons

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Recorded animations on 1.10 Sep 17, 2018 11:39 AM (Total replies: 1)

I remember someone fixing the animation recorder so you can use it on 1.10 instead of making a new 1.09 install, does this exist or I'm crazy?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Elite 2 hand animations Apr 4, 2018 09:36 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: m1nd

Download this: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6772 and put the "elite_player.model_animations" in your biped. The animations will work normally in elites of halo 1 and 2 like the image.

http://i63.tinypic.com/6zq0i1.png
Edited by m1nd on Mar 31, 2018 at 01:02 AM

This doesn't work for the default elite bipeds as their nodes aren't properly setup

Halo CE General Discussion » Make my single player bsps Mar 3, 2018 09:16 AM (Total replies: 15)

I made them
Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200

where you get those brute tags???

Edited by Elote on Mar 3, 2018 at 09:18 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

Quote: I can do everything in this engine besides 3d modeling, so make me single player bsp's (i have concepts and a story line already) and I'll share my tagset with you. The sp missions vary on tagset but its halo 1 with halo 2 enemies balanced around h1 sandbox or a full h2 tagset.

--- Original message by: Elote

go away low tier

im waiting for haloanimater to enter so we can destroy cmt muahahhaha
Edited by Elote on Feb 27, 2018 at 02:36 AM

Make fun of me and I will shoke a P00P in your face. And to be clear, I don't help anyone and I have my own tagset witch is 100x better than CMT'S and Your 5hitty rips.

But... I like the idea of destroying mastardz1337, keep working and maybe you will get my attention.
Edited by Halonimator on Mar 2, 2018 at 11:56 AM

my rips are better than the cmt rips because they have OS shaders
Edited by Elote on Mar 3, 2018 at 09:19 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Make my single player bsps Feb 27, 2018 04:14 AM (Total replies: 15)

those windows are copy and pasted from somewhere i dunno if its orbital or not

I can do all I said I could, porting/tagging isn't difficult it just takes time and understanding halo's sandbox. 3ds max is Chinese to me and every time i try to sit there and make a bsp i lose interest. There's nothing to advertise besides a purpose built tagset, a few concepts, and some notes, the BSPs are kind of the most important part.

Halo CE General Discussion » Make my single player bsps Feb 27, 2018 03:55 AM (Total replies: 15)

orbital was a bad map anyway

and lets not pretend like you came in here on the most helpful terms either
Edited by Elote on Feb 27, 2018 at 03:59 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Make my single player bsps Feb 27, 2018 02:35 AM (Total replies: 15)

go away low tier

im waiting for haloanimater to enter so we can destroy cmt muahahhaha
Edited by Elote on Feb 27, 2018 at 02:36 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Make my single player bsps Feb 27, 2018 02:32 AM (Total replies: 15)

I can do everything in engine besides 3d modeling, so make me singe player bsps (that I have concepts and story lines already) and I'll share my tagset with you. The sp missions vary on tagset but its halo 1 with halo 2 enemies balanced around h1 sandbox or a full h2 tagset

kthx

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Elite 2 hand animations Jan 19, 2018 05:12 AM (Total replies: 6)

So I'm using the CMT elite animations on a default elite, the animations work normally but the weapon is inside the elite's torso facing upwards. I'm assuming this is a node issue? I went into guerilla and added the carbine markers to the gbxmodel but that didn't do anything notable. How do I fix it so the weapon is held in the elite's hands?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 16, 2017 12:44 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117
Wow what the hells been going on here? Crazy Modder Tiffs Return?!

New project: Personal attacks/threats
Team details: A handful of HM users including those part of big teams

Damn guys I thought this was something about the Custom Mapping Team SPV3 project and its authors...

what r u saying yo

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 15, 2017 10:42 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: cippozzo
Just give me 20 BTC, I do not know anything but who I am. That's glorious right?

u have an anime avatar

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bsp teleport switch not spawning player? Aug 15, 2017 07:19 PM (Total replies: 7)

I fixed this by splitting the scripts into two different trigger volumes, putting the bsp switch slightly ahead of the teleport trigger

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 15, 2017 06:34 AM (Total replies: 12123)

selling master's dox for $20 Bitcoin, pm for proof

I can also leak any source files/ development information for project oddball as well

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Incursion Aug 14, 2017 04:38 AM (Total replies: 12)

how much u paying

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bsp teleport switch not spawning player? Aug 13, 2017 10:43 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
What biped are you using?

Default h1 cyborg
Edited by Elote on Aug 13, 2017 at 10:52 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bsp teleport switch not spawning player? Aug 13, 2017 08:36 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Teleport the player first

It does the same camera thing but now it doesn't switch Bsps

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bsp teleport switch not spawning player? Aug 13, 2017 04:04 AM (Total replies: 7)

I'm trying to move a player to a different bsp in a campaign map with scripts

(script startup bspswitch
(sleep_until (volume_test_objects bspmover (players))15)
(switch_bsp 1)
(object_teleport (unit (list_get (players) 0)) player1_lift_base)
)

The bsp switches correctly but it shows a camera (kind of like when you die in campaign) that rotates slowly (like the player is dead) and nothing else happens.

Time: Sat December 15, 2018 5:22 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website