A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Erutypus
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 18, 2019 01:49 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Erutypus has contributed to 14 posts out of 468443 total posts (0.00%) in 449 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Low poly count ODST city Mar 18, 2019 01:49 PM (Total replies: 5)

This is the latest model I made.
The poly count is down to 3021 so I am happy how its turned out.

Al-tho, the poly count might double when I create the roads.
I am going to do everything I can to keep it under 16K.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Mar 14, 2019 05:25 PM (Total replies: 218)

Great job on your map project "Fall of Mombasa" I just downloaded the 2018 Christmas Spectacular version. I like the fact you made a standalone HCE game with its own UI. And the AI/AIs in the game are awesome, the fire fight almost seems like a single player game. Every thing in the map is well done.
Edited by Erutypus on Mar 14, 2019 at 05:30 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Low poly count ODST city Mar 14, 2019 05:18 PM (Total replies: 5)

Thanks, I gave up on it over a year or so ago thinking I could never get the poly count low enough. But your FOM map inspired me to continue the work. I really like that map by the way.

So, is the poly count in a HCE map only limited how many polys are viable on screen at the time you are viewing them (i.e. 42 polys per section)? Are the polys in the other sections that are not being viewed at that time don't count depending on where your at? If it is so then, I would like to add more sections later on. If not then I got to make some more changes to make. Well, all three sections add up to 135066 polys. Its a little over 45K each section, so I got to cut out some more polys here and there.

Not sure how much time I put into the modeling on this project. It gets a little tedious working on the same thing over and over again, so I alternate between five other projects I am working on. but its been at least over a two or three years I think.

Halo CE General Discussion » Low poly count ODST city Mar 14, 2019 02:34 AM (Total replies: 5)

Seeing DeadHamster's FOM map with the section 5 in it (plus all the other parts/sections with massive amounts of geometry) gives me hope that a complete ODST map (with all sections) in HaloCE is possible.

I am attempting to make a custom ODST city model with as low poly count as possible.
Here is what I have done so far.

Edited by Erutypus on Mar 18, 2019 at 02:06 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to PC Mar 14, 2019 02:12 AM (Total replies: 54)

If I cant get it on windows 7 or with an editing kit, it is totally irrelevant to me.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Mar 6, 2019 02:06 AM (Total replies: 218)

I like what you have done with the custom ODST section you made. Its section 4 right?
You have the ability to build theses sections quite fast. Do you plan on making the other two, sections 0 and 3?

With section 0, 3 and 4 you copy, rotate and mirror to make all the other sections.
Well, I forgot about section 10, ONI and the two round zoo sections above the city.

I have been trying to make a custom copy of the H2 District map for some time now,
because their is no way to extract it from the PC Halo 2 vista.

It has become clear to me that if you want it done right you have to build it from scratch. This in my latest build, just trying to match up everthing in the right place before I UV it.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Jan 8, 2019 05:17 AM (Total replies: 218)

bump

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Feb 22, 2018 05:30 AM (Total replies: 218)

I was going to say I would be willing to re-build the tunnel system with the H2 roads for you (its really easy to do with the models) but I guess I was too late on this one.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Feb 21, 2018 08:51 AM (Total replies: 218)

Hey DeadHamster why not use the halo 2 underground street models?
Edited by Erutypus on Mar 18, 2019 at 02:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Jan 4, 2018 06:06 PM (Total replies: 218)

I tried out your newmombasa map and it plays great, nice map.
I played it for hours and cant seem to stop playing it. Great job, keep up the good work.

Edited by Erutypus on Jan 4, 2018 at 06:08 PM

Yea, tried the SPV3, and your right, its the looks awesome. That teem is very talented and the OS add quite a bit to the look and feel of the game. It looks like if it were a bit brighter the graphics wood be on par with the Halo 3 xbox 360 game.

I really don't want to play a mod that keeps crashing, no matter how good it is.

Maybe I should just learn how to install Reach Tags into a single player map.
I would also like to learn how to re-texture some of the bsp models in the a10 map.
Do you know where to find some good youtube video tutorials on editing Tags?

Well, I looked for a Reach single player mod in english and found none.
But I found about three or four in Spanish, go figure.

Anyway, here are a few links to show you the one I like.
The textures of the POA interior look good and the elits look good and there AI
performs very well, in my opion. The downside is its only one single player map.

Here is a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWGvvh-qg5A

Here is the mod
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6jdlbsx256ngk1u/Ultimate+REACH+A10.zip

I have never done any halo ce mods before, so I know less than nothing.
I found a halo reach conversion of the a10.map but it is in spanish.
Is there a way to put the english dialogue back into this map? I like the custom map.
I downloaded the halo editing kit and looked at some video tutorials
but cant find what I am looking for.

Time: Mon March 25, 2019 5:04 PM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website