A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: The Av0c4d0
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 26, 2018 05:00 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
The Av0c4d0 has contributed to 12 posts out of 467759 total posts (0.00%) in 280 days (.04 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Servers? Mar 26, 2018 05:00 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64
My ping is great, However thats cause im on a gigabit network in seattle and the server is in texas. For you itll be completely different due to your distance from the server host (ping being the amount of time in milliseconds that it takes to send a packet of data to the server and back). Sbb plays a random selection of custom maps every week.

In order to get info pm me and ill send you a link to the sbb fan discord.

I'm already in the SBB discord. I'm pretty sure that halo ce also doesn't have the best netcode or something.

Halo CE General Discussion » Servers? Mar 26, 2018 03:13 AM (Total replies: 8)

Yep, do have the latest updates and HAC 2, thanks for your help, also, what sort of maps does SBB play, and how good is the ping?

Halo CE General Discussion » Servers? Mar 26, 2018 12:03 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Those game server hosting companies are vastly overpriced. Why pay $16 per month with them for mere FTP access when you can pay $2.50 per month on your own VPS with full root OS access and customization?

I am not trying to set up a server. I am trying to.

1. Reduce ping.

2. Find Australian Servers

3. Find servers with more custom maps.

Halo CE General Discussion » making Halo great again Mar 23, 2018 07:56 PM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: theTeabagger
So about three weeks I stopped playing Halo Reach, it is is just full of toxic players, who cheat, quit out constantly, and troll... Or well you know those overly dedicated inheritor groups that ruin the game because one of them is using some form of cheat. Also I got suspended for message that a player was dumb for taking on a whole team by themselves... Yeah Halo is no exactly known for being kid friendly, just check Arby n the Chief. So I will end Xbox live as soon as possible for their mental retardation. I tried to just go on the pc version but alas it is full of infinite ammo servers, full of autistic gamers I imagine. When everyone has infinite ammo and weapons it is no longer even a game. There seems to only be like 70 servers. There is maybe one or two custom map servers, but man I was expecting more custom maps when I finally got around to getting multiplayer running. Any ideas would be great or tips. There are one or two servers I am aware of that are just plan servers with regular weapons and ammo. but damn it is hard to remember them. I suppose Microsoft just does not care one bit. I literally asked about the suspension and the response was that "I could create an intimidating environment for other players." I get the feeling that there are a lot of trolls behind the xbox live enforcement team who basically do not even care about xbox live. Just trying to make it as boring as possible I suppose. Feel free to ask questions if I do not make sense.

I know exactly what you mean when it comes to custom edition. I think maybe halo custom edition needs to somehow be seen by the large groups of halo fans who are still waiting for an official classic halo game. Maybe then, more demand for servers would happen, and the halo ce population would rise.

Halo CE General Discussion » Servers? Mar 22, 2018 01:33 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky

You can roll your own server for $2.50 per month using Vultr.com, or use some local Australian hosting company or your own computer running haloceded.exe. Halo uses a minimum of resources and can run on Linux or Mac OS X using WINE.

I'm planning to set up more dedicated servers, one of which would be in Singapore, which should yield about 150ms ping, depending. But professional gaming services would probably use an Australian hosting provider. If you do find a decent hosting provider in Australia, please recommend them to me, because I have looked and so far not found.
Edited by sparky on Mar 21, 2018 at 10:28 AM

I'm not planning on setting up my own server, since I don't have the time, money, or resources.

If your planning on setting up a server, try https://www.gameservers.com/game_servers/halo_ce_server.php

Halo CE General Discussion » Servers? Mar 21, 2018 01:37 AM (Total replies: 8)

Just got a few questions about servers and the like.

1. Servers with custom maps? I know that sounds a bit dumb, but with the exception of Bigass 2,104 (A really great map that I enjoy(also would be better if it was Bigass final)) there are not many servers with custom maps and people playing on the server.

2. Australian Servers? I live in Australia, so ping on international servers is really high, if anyone knows about any Aussie Servers, please let me know. Also, I heard about how SBB (Storm) is hosting a gamenight every now and then, but I can't join due to timezone shenanigans.

3. How to reduce ping? I have had ridiculously high ping at times, usually in the 200 - 500 range. I am using wireless instead of wired, so that's an obvious way I can improve, but I am not sure what else I can do to reduce ping, it is infuriating when I shoot someone and it doesn't register.

Thanks a lot, I know that's a lot, but I also know that this community is very helpful.

Halo CE General Discussion » Best tools for creating Halo Maps? Mar 19, 2018 04:06 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
If the MEK is giving you issues installing, you can install the MEKE, which is the essentials edition. It comes prebuilt with accelerators already compiled. It only contains mozzarilla, refinery, and pool though, so if you're planning to use any of the other tools in the MEK you'll need to actually install the MEK. The accelerator modules are only used in mozzarilla, refinery, and hboc(halo bitmap optimizer and converter) so if you can't get them installed it's not a huge deal since the MEKE already contains 2 of those 3.

Here's the MEKE thread.

forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50573

I managed to install meke, thanks MosesofEgypt.

Once I install 3ds max, I will take a look at your tutorials Sparky, thanks.

Halo CE General Discussion » Best tools for creating Halo Maps? Mar 17, 2018 03:48 AM (Total replies: 6)

Running things as admin isn't really an issue.

But what is is installing MEKE, it says "The Visual Studio 2015 build tools are required for the accelerator modules these programs use to be compliled." I have tried search for this, but have had no luck.

I decided to get a student license of 3ds max 2017, I believe that part of the editing process requires importing bsp's to sapien, do you know if there is a plugin that allows you to do that in 3ds max 2017?

Also thanks so far with helping me out.

Halo CE General Discussion » Best tools for creating Halo Maps? Mar 16, 2018 10:38 PM (Total replies: 6)

I'd like to get into mapping but don't really know what to download, mainly since tools for mapping have evolved since modding on this game first began.

I know the HEK exists, and I've already downloaded MEK, but I don't know where to go from there. I've also heard that there is a lot of difficulties with the program tool.exe, an if there is anything to make that step of mapping easier.

I'm also looking for a decent 3D modelling tool, preferably free. As far as I know, it also needs support for .BSP exporting and maybe importing.

I don't really know much so help would be much appreciated.

Quote: --- Original message by: not giraffe
%userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Halo CE\hac\preferences.ini

It appears that that file doesn't actually exist in my folder, that might be why its not saving my options.

Edit: I managed to fix the problem by creating a file named preferences, then in the properties changing its file type to .ini, and then finally typing in

fov=number
custom_chat=number
no_scope_blur=number

Thanks for letting me know about the problem not giraffe and FtDSpartn
Edited by The Av0c4d0 on Mar 14, 2018 at 02:21 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn
If you have Halo installed in the default folder, it's likely a Windows UAC admin perms issue. Try running the game as Administrator or reinstall the game in a folder other than Program Files. You should also check if the config file is read-only in its properties.

I tried all of those things and it did not work. Also, by config file, do you mean Config.txt under the Halo Custom Edition folder?

Hello people of Halo Maps

Everytime I exit Halo CE, HAC2 settings such as FOV, custom chat, optic packs, etc, get reverted back to default (ie fov is something like 80 degrees, no custom chat or optic pack).

So I was just inquiring if anyone knows a solution to this issue? Thanks

The Av0c4d0

Time: Sun December 9, 2018 8:02 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website