A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: BOUNTYHUNT3R541
About Contact
Last Post: May 9, 2018 05:42 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
BOUNTYHUNT3R541 has contributed to 10 posts out of 467041 total posts (0.00%) in 88 days (.11 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Collision model help? May 9, 2018 05:42 PM (Total replies: 5)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ihg55m3y0t1k5zi/collision_model.rar

wait, hold up I think I probably found the problem. yup found it
Edited by BOUNTYHUNT3R541 on May 9, 2018 at 06:00 PM

Edited by BOUNTYHUNT3R541 on May 9, 2018 at 06:11 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Collision model help? May 9, 2018 11:48 AM (Total replies: 5)

So, I have been getting this error which I can't seem to figure out I've been browsing the forums and really nothing has helped out. I took care of all the open edge error's in my geometry but when I finish A new error started.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>tool collision-geometry characters\reach_marine
Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
### collision_model.jms
### WARNING found #2 degenerate triangles.
EAX: 0x00000000
EBX: 0x035EB901
ECX: 0x00000000
EDX: 0x00000000
EDI: 0x0019F4B8
ESI: 0x00000000
EBP: 0x0019F390
ESP: 0x0019F384
EIP: 0x77EAF6FC, C2 08 00 90 ?????
EXCEPTION halt in .\import_collision_bsp\build_collision_geometry.c,#944: !realpoint3dcmp(point1, point2)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » model animation May 5, 2018 09:49 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Quote: --- Original message by: BOUNTYHUNT3R541
characters\marine_armored\marine_armored' don't match (region counts don't match)

Didn't see that at first. Something isn't right with the gbx_model/collision_model, not exactly sure what though. You should upload the 3DS Max file you have of the biped, I'd be able to download and take a look at the setup you have in max and see why it won't mesh with the stock animations/collision.

i got it to work, forgot what i did tho

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » models not showing any textures?? May 5, 2018 09:47 PM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
So your shader model tags properly reference the bitmap tags?

And the .gbxmodel is DEFINITELY using those shader tags?

Don't say yes, go double check.

When importing with Tool, if no shaders exist then Tool will create a blank shader for you and automatically assign that shader to the model. Tool also goes through every folder alphabetically and selects the FIRST shader it finds with a matching name, so if there are two shader tags with the same name (even if one is a shader_glass or shader_environment, etc.) Tool may have assigned the wrong shader. If Tool (at ANY point) created a shader for you, it places it DIRECTLY into the TAGS folder, which means it will find that empty shader before the actual one you created.

To double check that all of this is setup correctly; open your .GBX_MODEL tag, and find the references near the bottom to the shader tags it's using. Open each tag DIRECTLY from the .GBX_MODEL tag using the [Open] button, and verify that it opened the correct shader.

Then, with the shader tag still open, scroll down to where the diffuse bitmap is referenced, and click [Open] again. Make sure that this is the correct bitmap tag.

Now with the BITMAP tag still open, click the button that says [Show Bitmaps]. You should be able to see the bitmap you selected, if it's empty, black or blank your bitmaps are not formatted properly and must be remade. Many assets past H3 use half-size bitmaps that are inbetween two power-of-two (256, 512, 1024, etc.)

Tool cannot (should not) compile a bitmap that is not a power-of-two dimension. If any of your bitmaps are 768x or 384, you'll need to resize them with Photoshop or an equivalent image editor.

If you go through ALL of the above and are unable to fix your problem, let me know and we'll continue forward.

Ah, got it idk why tool didn't assign the shaders to the gbxmodel in the first place since i had them in the same directory. Then I had manually change the format of the bitmap to color-key transparency because i keep getting errors in tool when compiling the bitmaps.

Thank you, you have been really helpful

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » models not showing any textures?? May 5, 2018 07:37 PM (Total replies: 3)

I Know I'm quite new and quite the noob but I keep coming up with models that have no textures what so ever on imported models.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention is that I rip the bitmaps straight form Adjacent exported as tiff files then make them as bitmaps then as shader models.

https://ibb.co/jnjRr7
Edited by BOUNTYHUNT3R541 on May 5, 2018 at 07:44 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » model animation May 4, 2018 12:37 AM (Total replies: 4)

I tried that and I still get the same error, I'm not really sure what's the deal

if I remove the animations and collision models i get the error of;
"units must have models and animation graphs"
Edited by BOUNTYHUNT3R541 on May 4, 2018 at 12:43 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » model animation May 3, 2018 11:17 PM (Total replies: 4)

So I'm making a custom biped and imported the bones from the default marine to mine. I rigged everything and imported it into guerrilla while making a biped. After loading it into a map a get this error.

the model 'characters\test\test' and the animation graph 'characters\marine\marine' don't match
the object 'characters\test\test' will not animate
the model 'characters\test\test' and the collision model characters\marine_armored\marine_armored' don't match (region counts don't match)
the object 'characters\test\test' will not be collidable

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Compiling .tiffs into bitmaps Help? Apr 27, 2018 06:14 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Disable the windows virtual store. Google how to do it.

thanks man

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Compiling .tiffs into bitmaps Help? Apr 27, 2018 12:53 AM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
It's probably creating them in the virtual store, because those messages say that it indeed did properly create them. Check "c:\users\<username>\Appdata\local\Virtual Store\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition"

I found them and it differently made them. Is there possibly a way to change the path?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Compiling .tiffs into bitmaps Help? Apr 26, 2018 09:10 PM (Total replies: 4)

Every time I compile a bitmap for a custom biped that I'm making it successfully creates the bitmap but doesn't show up anywhere. Any ideas?

this is what I get:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>tool bitmaps characters\marine\bitmaps
Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
### marine_cloth_diffuse.tif
bitmap created: #512x#512, compressed with color-key transparency, 170K-bytes
### marine_cloth_zbump.tif
bitmap created: #512x#512, compressed with color-key transparency, 170K-bytes

Time: Tue July 17, 2018 3:41 PM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website