A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Kavawuvi
About Contact
Last Post: May 25, 2018 09:52 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Kavawuvi has contributed to 2 posts out of 467038 total posts (0.00%) in 55 days (.04 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC Confirmed? May 25, 2018 09:52 AM (Total replies: 29)

I'm not sure the Halo PC Microsoft is talking about is the Halo PC you guys want. It'll probably be a Windows 10 Store exclusive, and it might suck trying to mod it. I wouldn't be surprised if they forced vSync on or had an arbitrary 60 FPS cap.

And, oh boy, this one's a doozy.

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky

It would be completely legal if Microsoft did not make it illegal. The same goes with anything else anyone does. Everything is legal until someone says, "This is illegal." Thus, the burden of reason is placed upon the person who claims something as being illegal. Once the reason for that illegal status is gone, it should not continue to be illegal.

So stealing is legal as long as you get away with it?

For example, you drive on the right side of the road in this country. But if there is a tree blocking your lane and you can go around, or when there is construction in an area of road that requires you to drive in the left lane, that reason overrules the existing illegality of driving only in the right side lane.

So there's an exception that allows you to steal from someone?

But in this situation, the reason for making El Dewrito illegal no longer exists. If Microsoft was making any revenue in its Russian market, that did not apply to non-Russians like us. And this Halo Online game was discontinued anyway, which means Microsoft no longer wants to make money off of it.

While I do think it's stupid that they made this decision, Microsoft has every right to protect and control their intellectual property regardless of if it's being maintained or not. This should be reason enough.

Therefore, any corporation who wants their interests to be taken seriously must provide with their works a license that respects use, not hinders the user.

Remind me why you use a Mac.
Edited by Kavawuvi on May 25, 2018 at 10:01 AM

I've been modding for maybe 10 years? As for Halo Custom Edition (versus the retail or Mac version of the game) I started a few years ago.

Time: Tue July 17, 2018 12:05 AM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website