A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Halo CE Noob Modder117
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 16, 2020 09:38 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Hamster, Michelle & Spiral, thanks for your help.

Post Statistics
Halo CE Noob Modder117 has contributed to 208 posts out of 469659 total posts (.04%) in 529 days (.39 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » I have an offering... Jan 16, 2020 09:38 AM (Total replies: 2)

I never understood why Johnson never had rolled sleeves...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 17, 2020 at 01:58 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » I have an offering... Jan 16, 2020 07:35 AM (Total replies: 2)

I'm bored. Anyone got some BSPs they want me to try fix for them?
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 17, 2020 at 01:59 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3DS MAX ISSUE- BONE WEIGHTS INCORRECT Jan 15, 2020 09:11 AM (Total replies: 0)

NEVER MIND I FIXED IT

Anyone? I will now attempt to use a newer 3DS MAX and see if it solves the problem...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 17, 2020 at 01:53 AM

...So now that this is a thing, can we expect to see someone create a huge tag pack with fully rigged and animated Halo2/3/ODST/REACH bipeds, vehicles and weapons for use in CE?

And no I'm not talking about the already existing ancient buggy knock-offs and OS junk. I'm talking real ported newer Halo game assets fully compatible with stock CE.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can you make custom powerups? Jan 14, 2020 12:13 AM (Total replies: 0)

If so, do you need OS halo? If yes, never mind...

UPDATE: I can confirm that using the 1.4 JMS exporter from Bonobo was destroying my models.

I reverted to 1.1 and it is now exporting fine.

My only problem is the same as back in the day, some body parts are stretched.

My new question is, when editing the marine biped with the skin modifier and envelope, what bones am I supposed to be using?

The model is broken up into 4 segments, head, arms, torso and legs. OR is my rig supposed to be for 1 model?

I believe I'm stuffing something up during this part of the process.

As you can see the 3 major problems are:
a) crotch and booty gets painfully stretched
b) elbow pads are bending with the elbows when they shouldn't
c) the face has LITERALLY been rearranged

What's the cause and how do I fix it?

EDIT: I've been playing with the weights... They're wrong. Do you have to literally re-rig the model? Wasn't there a way to import the models with their weights?

EDIT: The weights don't import 100% accurate. For example, the upper-arm has the tip of the elbow pads weighted to that bone whereas the forearm doesn't, causing it to bend with the wrong bone thus meaning I have to re-rig the whole marine's arm bones.

Is this for real? Can't I import the correct weights? Or is this impossible hence why nobody can be bothered doing this? If this is this case, I don't think I have the time or patience to re-rig the marine. No way...

EDIT: I fixed the elbow pads but cannot fix the shoulder pads as the imported weights are just a mess. Stuff it. Unless there's a proper way to get imported weights accurately, I think its safe to say, F it.

EDIT AGAIN: Ok so the gbxmodel importer is supposed to import completely accurate rigs and weights as seen in the images and tutorials. So, why the heck are my marine's weights bleeding into nearby bones?

EDIT: FOUND THE ISSUE! The weighting is all on the wrong bones.

What the heck?

Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 14, 2020 at 01:58 AM

This is step 1 of my editing phase. Is this how you begin with the skeleton? I don't know what they are, all I know is that they're the same in the tutorials. I've got the marker spheres and the white bone things.

STEP 2:

I import my marine's head variants. Is the import correct? Now I assume I need to rename every head to match what the importer says? e.g. head, rename it to __base and head, rename it to head_charles-10?
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 13, 2020 at 07:26 PM

EDIT: never mind wrong biped...

So do the names of the objects need to be 100% identical? the gbxmodel importer makes it all weird...

As for bonobo, do I need to run as admin? I extract the data but it literally does nothing.

Differences:
a) Bones have different rotations and child bones
b) All my markers are incorrectly linked the legs region

EDIT: this is happening with the new 1.04 exporter (I didn't have this happen with the old 1.02). Fixing the children and names did nothing.

Unless someone can test this on their end, I think this is impossible...

Import a marine, change his head, export it and see what happens.

Lumoria pilot marine mod author, care to share?
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 12, 2020 at 10:08 PM

Invite Invalid
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 17, 2020 at 02:03 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Ascetic Jan 12, 2020 08:31 PM (Total replies: 3)

I'm loving that green... And that water...

HOW I IMPORT EVERYTHING (PRE-EDIT)

POST EDIT BEFORE EXPORT

OG MARINE (LEFT) VS MY NEW MARINE (RIGHT) -note missing markers in mine

OG MARINE (LEFT) VS MY NEW MARINE (RIGHT) -note missing perms, regions etc.

I've watched the only 3 or 4 YouTube videos in existence regarding bipeds HOWEVER none of them covered editing existing bipeds. I've read through just about every thread I could find on this site regarding bipeds with zero results. I've experimented with bone rigging, exporting separate body parts, naming regions etc. and I either get:
a) red triangle errors
b) rigging errors- stretching body parts
c) T-pose
d) one working region with other body parts missing

I'm going to cry myself to sleep now...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 17, 2020 at 02:02 AM

Look at that! Why is that happening?!

It's amazing how I got my custom bipeds in-game! The only RUBBISH that ruins it is whatever the hell is happening to them!!!!!!!!
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 12, 2020 at 09:46 AM

Can someone please explain how to properly set BIPED regions and permutations?

This information is virtually non-existent.

How do you set regions and perms? Tool compiles them with no markers, regions or perms.

Is there a Tool line I have to type or do I need to export every piece separately?
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 17, 2020 at 02:05 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: The Gravemind
Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
Quote: --- Original message by: LaikaGlove

Features:

• Open Halo 1 (CE/PC), Halo 2 (Xbox), Halo 3, Halo: ODST, and Halo: Reach maps.

• View Halo 1 and Halo 2 tags in full using extracted tag definitions.

• Extract Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo ODST, and Halo: Reach Animations to source files (jma/jmo/jmr/etc.)

• Includes proper extraction for overlay and replacement animations.

Edited by LaikaGlove on Jan 7, 2020 at 06:20 PM

Wait so does this mean, I can edit my marine model and just import the CE marine's animation into 3DS MAX? Do you still have to apply weights etc?

Don't make the same mistakes I did. Just rename the bones. Don't reskin everything. You will more than likely still have to do some tweaking after importing, but that's simple compared to reskinning everything. Plus the more bones your model has, the bigger the tag size will be.

Goodness... Don't tell me you have to re-rig the models by hand even if they're just minor edits...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 17, 2020 at 02:01 AM

More specifically, how do you set regions and perms and make sure Tool compiles them correctly?
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 17, 2020 at 02:05 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: LaikaGlove

Features:

• Open Halo 1 (CE/PC), Halo 2 (Xbox), Halo 3, Halo: ODST, and Halo: Reach maps.

• View Halo 1 and Halo 2 tags in full using extracted tag definitions.

• Extract Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo ODST, and Halo: Reach Animations to source files (jma/jmo/jmr/etc.)

• Includes proper extraction for overlay and replacement animations.

Edited by LaikaGlove on Jan 7, 2020 at 06:20 PM

Wait so does this mean, I can edit my marine model and just import the CE marine's animation into 3DS MAX? Do you still have to apply weights etc?

Ok now that I can do BSPs, I've noticed vehicle and biped importing and editing is a somewhat different process.

I can get the objects back into the game but they never have collisions or animations.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 8, 2020 at 10:17 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: Pabeung
This is the same goofy thing as that Cursed Halo garbage but this doesn't get recognized and that garbage gets 1.9 million views on YouTube?

...You're just... Jealous... Because you barely get less than 500 views per video...

Sorry I couldn't resist...

At least it doesn't require OS and I can access and tinker with the tags...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 5, 2020 at 07:56 AM

Thanks Chromed.

Juice, to think its been years now, someone would have developed a BSP extractor that actually extracted a BSP with all its markers and special +sky and proper ! and % materials as well as non duplicated glass and grate surfaces...

Time: Sun January 19, 2020 2:19 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website