A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Flood_Developer
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 26, 2018 09:00 PM
Interests: developing stuff with stuff from forgotten exile
Your Age: 100,021
What Games do you play: halo franchise(obv), biosock, half life franchise, dead space 1/2, saints row 2
Please follow closely, this door is the first of10

Post Statistics
Flood_Developer has contributed to 28 posts out of 467785 total posts (.01%) in 85 days (.33 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » More flood stuff! Nov 26, 2018 09:00 PM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Gravemind
Yay! so you did get them to work?

yeah man workin great! they'll be in the next release

Halo CE General Discussion » More flood stuff! Nov 25, 2018 07:08 PM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
I'm back to bother you about the plasma rifle.

So, last time I told you how to fix it and you didn't quite get my instructions right. Here are some pics of what you did in your map:
https://i.imgur.com/BlrGAu6.png
https://i.imgur.com/4zloq3s.png

Here is what I did to fix it, exactly as how I have told you to fix it before:
https://i.imgur.com/1O9maCL.png
https://i.imgur.com/pEZZPKK.png

The result:
https://i.imgur.com/J4qCZ1B.png

I'm not mad, just a bit disappointed, you got it ALMOST right. Here is the fixed tag, but please try make sure you read read stuff thoroughly when a fix that someone is proposing isn't working right.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IyPUhkDIEXlCm-GP2i4t16BJZppP1cLc

(btw, the pics are in the real time editor, I fixed it without ripping the tags)

Thanks man, means a lot. I'll be sure to get those into the maps along with gravemind's infection models. Never was too good at the development troubleshooting side of things, great to have community members like you to help when people like me screw up lol

Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
Have you had any thoughts of adding more flood forms? I think the best source for unique looking combat forms would be this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dgRkZRbtM0 Keep up the great work

Thanks man putting in some new infection forms made by Gravemind, they're awesome and really add more to the things. got the halo 1 body but with the halo 2 fronds, legs, and animations. The next release will have them and they do make a difference
Edited by Flood_Developer on Nov 25, 2018 at 07:11 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » More flood stuff! Nov 23, 2018 01:01 PM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
whoa, is that plasma rifle alright? looks a little "far distanced" in some of the pics

Yeah there's an issue with animation rigging which I can't figure out how to fix, sorry about the bug

Halo CE General Discussion » More flood stuff! Nov 23, 2018 07:21 AM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
I just love how your mod uses first person flood arms and that the HUD is a different colour. Its those little things that make a mod just so much more immersive.

Can't take credit for the arm tags, all that goes to the amazing developer of Flood Forgotten Exile. The HUD though was tampered by me tho wanted a more sickly\yellow hue, thanks for the feedback :D

Halo CE General Discussion » More flood stuff! Nov 22, 2018 01:06 PM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: Sargent 0
This looks pretty cool dude.

thanks man, means a lot. hope you enjoy

Halo CE General Discussion » More flood stuff! Nov 22, 2018 11:32 AM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
Oh no! Quarantine has failed! The flood are on the loose again!!

Is there a YouTube video or some screenshots lying around? I want to get hyped for this...

ask and you shall recieve:)

More pics here of the infestation campaign
https://imgur.com/a/rj9etX3
Edited by Flood_Developer on Nov 24, 2018 at 11:26 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » More flood stuff! Nov 21, 2018 09:09 AM (Total replies: 16)

Since it's just map and text files sure, if anyone wants to scan with their antivirus they're free to
Edited by Flood_Developer on Nov 21, 2018 at 09:10 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » More flood stuff! Nov 20, 2018 10:27 PM (Total replies: 16)

Hey guys, long time no see. I've been up to things lately so haven't been able to do as much as I'd like to but still trucking. Today i have for you a beta of the infestation and an alpha for release campaign. Fixed some things like the pause menu and shields to make game play more fast paced. Hope you have fun with the maps :)

Infestation beta
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6z6z6b0wjxyk8z5/infestationalpha.rar?dl=0
Release alpha
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrotcfcw5emrtee/releasebeta.rar?dl=0
(might have gotten alpha and beta mixed up on dropbox but i don't want to have to upload it again, took forever)
Introduction;
Grupo 'Koralum was standing at the console for hours, his incompetent battalion had took the last three days getting to the bottom of this facility prophesied to be of great importance. Grupo 'Koralum inwardly scoffed, why would such great importance be situated in a foul, dank swamp. How the gods in all their wisdom decided to put such an unappealing terrain on the holy ground of their halos. He flexed his arms once again and rolled his shoulder in impatience, his gleaming gold armour rattling as he took a look into the large atrium that was through the glass in front of him behind the large holo console. The console hadn't respond to any his subordinates as hard as they might try, a mobile construct housed in an uplink was going through the terminal now. The last two days had been promising, when they finally convinced the lift to provide them with pilgrimage into the holy structure they found a wealth of open antriums and smaller storage rooms. In the days after they had used the facility as a make shift stock pile for weapons and ammo, this had been Grupo 'Koralums idea himself and the Prophet of Stewardship back at the Truth and Reconciliation took notice of his initiative. Considering the almost half ring distance between the ship and them it would've been foolish not to, not to mention their proximity to the human controlled bute. The facility had taken on three commanders in the time been, each with their own sets of squads stocking up for a raid on the humans. Finally, he thought, the holy ring will be clean of that scurge for good allowing the consecration of the holy icon. The new commanders had proven to be tough, tight mandibled, and stoic. They barely left their inner circle of majors which in turn trickled the orders down through the rest of the ranks. Grupo 'Koralum disliked this kind of command, being able to strangle an unggoy who wasn't doing it's job properly always felt better than hearing some major did it in his stead. He eye'd the atrium once again and almost shivered with anticipation, he had to admit to himself that his thoughts on the facility had changed with the amount of effort that it took to even be granted access by the gods. This facility must surely be withholding something good from them, a Luminary perhaps, perhaps even a one so sought that it would get him his own ship to command instead of these sullied ground troops. Suddenly the holo-console began to whir and icons on it shifted, he looked in bemusement as all the icons shifted around each other each one blinking red as it hit its destination. This hadn't been what he had been expecting, most holo-consoles whirred a bright yellow and blue but this on-Before he could even think he heard all the doors in the atrium slam open one by one. Soon panicked queries started to be blurted out along with a slithering sound which quickly turned into fearful screams from the unggoy and KigYar as well as frenzied busts of plasma fire. He strode forward and looked into the atrium. Small glowing pod like creatures scuttled and weaved their way along the floor dancing on fine tendrils before they pounced and latched onto a target seeming to kill the lesser races at a stunning rate. He saw his most devoted minor in his command, Toro 'Locam, cry out in fear as he shield popped and depleted, crackling around him as a form latched itself to his chest. Grupo 'Koralum watched in horror as when the elite died, the creature pushed it's way into Toro 'Locam's chest. The body began to spasticly jerk and writhe as the shields slowly recharged. The elite's mandibles gaped as his flesh mottled and
his head pushed at a grotesque angle. It's left arm explosively burst open with long whip like tendrils thrashing out of the upper arm, pushing the wrist to a disjointed angle as the thing let out a guttural, gurgling screach. Stretching the arm to steady itself the monstrosity shakily got to it's feet and grasped at the plasma rifle laying on the ground. He suddenly realised why this place had been so hard to get into, the god weren't hiding...but protecting.
You were that elite, now all you know is hunger. Consume.
Edited by Flood_Developer on Nov 23, 2018 at 07:24 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 4, 2018 01:50 AM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000

Quote: --- Original message by: Flood_Developer

Hmm that ai stuff was spooky although happy you guys fixed it, damn opensauce. Figured out its an animation issue on the plasma rifle going to try and create my own tag with the right model and anims and hopefully that should fix it. Damn already over 250 views cant believe that crazy stuff guys, hopefully you'll like it with the ai in it ;)

Are you saying you're not going to fix it for Open Sauce users (unless the problem is solved the same way as the pause menu), or does your statement simply refer to for just this release, and that it will be fixed in future releases?

If the former, then maybe it is time to look into a third Halo CE install.
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 3, 2018 at 09:16 PM

#
I mean, i don't know much about opensauce, i use a version myself just to help performance and other goodies and the ai worked for me, there are lots of different factors that comes to fixing this for the speicific opensauce version you're using.

Well, besides older releases, I thought the only publically available version of Open Sauce was the lastest release, 4.0 (or 4.something), which came out back when TSC:E was hitting the scene.

Anyways, I went forward with the non-OS install, and it is pretty fun. The HUD is a good compromise between the lack of one in STKFT and a normal hud.
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 4, 2018 at 01:21 AM
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 4, 2018 at 01:33 AM

Thanks man feels good to know you liked it, maybe I'm using some old version oh well. Yeah the HUD was a fun thing to screw around with and try to make this small campaign distinguishable from stkft, also did ya finish it? On another note what'd you think of the design of the maps if it's not to much to ask, i try to do that story through world building so getting an opinion on that would be sweet
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 4, 2018 at 01:59 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 3, 2018 11:53 PM (Total replies: 19)

Hmm that ai stuff was spooky although happy you guys fixed it, damn opensauce. Figured out its an animation issue on the plasma rifle going to try and create my own tag with the right model and anims and hopefully that should fix it. Damn already over 250 views cant believe that crazy stuff guys, hopefully you'll like it with the ai in it ;)

Are you saying you're not going to fix it for Open Sauce users (unless the problem is solved the same way as the pause menu), or does your statement simply refer to for just this release, and that it will be fixed in future releases?

If the former, then maybe it is time to look into a third Halo CE install.
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 3, 2018 at 09:16 PM

#
I mean, i don't know much about opensauce, i use a version myself just to help performance and other goodies and the ai worked for me, there are lots of different factors that comes to fixing this for the speicific opensauce version you're using.

Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 3, 2018 08:27 PM (Total replies: 19)

Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 3, 2018 12:36 AM (Total replies: 19)

Sure man but I still haven't gotten a chance to fix few things because i'm so busy but i'll send it to you as soon as i'm done.

Cool man be sure to give me a shout when you do, and feedback when you get a chance to play it

Are enemies to spawn with these betas? The pictures seem to suggest so, but the levels are devoid of AI. Also, it seems that the escape key/pause button does nothing at all, and I have to use the quit command or F4 just to exit. Are these issues known, on top of the Plasma Rifle issue mentioned? Otherwise, looking good so far.

Edited by austen1000 on Oct 2, 2018 at 11:58 PM

I know about the pause issue but I don't know what you mean about AI it should all spawn corectly, maybe the ai on the playthrough didn't maneuver properly or do you mean like a lack of cov on the upper floors of the hanger for example. Also thanks man
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 3, 2018 at 12:46 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 2, 2018 08:18 PM (Total replies: 19)

Wow! Waited so long for this release! Gonna test it when I can but i'm currently really busy.

Damn right my man! Hope you enjoy and bump or pm when you got that crazy good xsstuff you working on done. Have fun

Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 2, 2018 02:40 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsbng9uq0mhwy4b/InfestationMap.rar?dl=0

Direct link

I'm downloading it right now, Maybe I can make a gamplay

Yeah man by all means if you like it I'd love to see gameplay uploaded somewhere :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 1, 2018 04:59 PM (Total replies: 19)

getting a http error when i try to upload to the site so I thought id just upload it to my dropbox and chuck you guys a link.
EDIT: New dropbox link that now contains an updated readme and a short map called release which i made before the infestation campaign where you play as the first of the combat forms made and tear through the swamp facility with the escaped flood, pretty much all done apart from the final trigger because there is no second map to go to.
New DB link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e84gnqf0wgtmo0x/InfestationMapBeta.rar?dl=0

Also importantly,
Shout out to StormUndBlackbird who featured my maps pictures in his video and might be doing a playthrough of it on halloween, thanks so much man. His channel is pretty sweet too if you want updates on whats good in the community so send him a like and show some love!
His video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk8lsJuw1bI&t=935s.

And another to my man the gravemind hopefully we'll be seeing an update with his new infection forms in the map, could take a while tho lol.

Had some great feedback on storm's stream and been putting tweaks here and there, it now takes 6 seconds instead of 12 to start after being hit recharging sheilds, you have a stronger shield too but it recharges a little slower. Found this tweak makes a lot of encounters that could be tedious easier to beat but not too easy, hopefully ill be releasing it on an alpha update of this OP sometime soon maybe with the first level of the repossession.

Full album here: https://imgur.com/a/rj9etX3.

Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 1, 2018 at 05:14 PM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 13, 2018 at 01:08 PM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 13, 2018 at 01:15 PM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 13, 2018 at 04:28 PM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 31, 2018 at 11:20 PM

Gotta go down a bit further into the tag.

https://i.imgur.com/EuR3XcG.png

thanks bro
strange i do have it set to that, ill do some tinkering about

Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 29, 2018 at 09:46 PM

Here's the beta release, having trouble uploading it to here so i did a drop box for you guys
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsbng9uq0mhwy4b/InfestationMap.rar?dl=0
Edited by Flood_Developer on Oct 1, 2018 at 01:23 PM

So many replies! Thanks guys for the interest I've had stellaris binge and now im back on the mapping, there are some images from the final level where you've been blown out of the ship by rigged covvy explosives to drop most of the hive protecting flood. hopefully a long level although its ending before get to the grav lift as itd be in a different place by this point in the campaign but I'm guessing still in the same general area the truth and rec level

A pelican the flood have crashed into a place that the unsc have dropped troops previously

cheeky battle, you weren't the only flood to fall down

Great man can't wait I really like this project your working on.

Yeah I love the infection form's animations. They use halo 2 animations.

As always can't wait to get my hands on those infection form tags man they look so f'ing (profanity filter) good please let me use them in the campaign when you're happy with them ill swap every actor in like six levels to show those bad boys off lol

Hey, just so you know what's with your plasma rifle. You're using the third person model in the first person model slot. That makes it so that in first person it always shows the lowest level of detail model. Make sure you are using the first person model for first person.

thanks man ill try to fix that now

this is what I've got now and it still isn't working, soz

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Michelle to the rescue!

Also, this looks like a fun campaign, can't wait to play it, and don't forget to that SBB can Always playtest it for feedback ;)

nw lol ill release it is a beta or whatever first to get people's impressions on it

Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 28, 2018 at 04:03 PM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 28, 2018 at 09:36 PM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 28, 2018 at 09:45 PM

That keyes surrounded by biomass looks great man!

Here are gifs of them running around:
https://imgur.com/EbAjsDP

https://imgur.com/i96bksw

yeah man level 5 is done now only need to get six on the way and release
From the gifs i can see why youre cool with them they look p natural wirth the movement as they lean forward

Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 28, 2018 at 03:07 PM

Actually I am very happy with the tendrils and yeah it's probably possible but im not 100% sure.

yeah tbh im coming round to them like theyre the finer tendrils used to tap into the spinal cord through the skin, got any gifs or vids of how they look while walking? Also dont know if you've seen this yet but https://i.imgur.com/O1ELQ6e.png

update: level five is goin good and half done, its a shorter map. the sixth has the most basic stuff done and of course more images added to the album.
Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 23, 2018 at 10:46 PM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 23, 2018 at 10:46 PM

Yeah it's possible but I but wanted it to still have them. The first version of the model I made did not have them but I thought it looked like it was missing something.

https://imgur.com/F1s3REb

thats the image before I added it.

Edit: Oh what do you mean by flight helmet
Edited by The Gravemind on Sep 23, 2018 at 02:39 AM

the one that the pilot chick was wearing in the escape pod, that flood form looks sick btw, maybe scalling thee originals down or making a new smaller tendrils design, hell i could give it a go tomorrow if you wanted

also new content added to the album
Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 23, 2018 at 03:01 AM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Sep 23, 2018 at 03:02 AM

Time: Wed December 12, 2018 9:52 PM 735 ms.
A Halo Maps Website