A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Flood_Developer
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 21, 2019 12:13 PM
Interests: developing stuff with stuff from forgotten exile
Your Age: 100,021
What Games do you play: halo franchise(obv), biosock, half life franchise, dead space 1/2, saints row 2
Please follow closely, this door is the first of10

Post Statistics
Flood_Developer has contributed to 56 posts out of 469343 total posts (.01%) in 362 days (.15 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » BN Tagset Release Jul 21, 2019 12:13 PM (Total replies: 9)

Actually amazing work, love this so damn much dude 10/10 on all this stuff dude

That would be crazy if you could find those, and i ripped them from the map file but pretty sure i gave all the necessary credit.

Quote: --- Original message by: BlueFireDemon7177

(did i do something wrong? it doesn't working, instructions?)
don't worry man, i fixed, i am so dumb, i needed Open Sauce XDD
also for the next update idea: the infection form go in a dead corpse of an elite and infect it?

Edited by BlueFireDemon7177 on Jul 9, 2019 at 09:12 AM

That is the next place I'd think to go and I might've seen someone working on corpse infection but I think it's a difficult process so I'll have to see.

um... why the files are .yelo files? aren't supposed to be .map files?
Edited by BlueFireDemon7177 on Jul 9, 2019 at 08:00 AM

They work the same way as map files and work through the same map_name command nw dude it's just what is outputted by OS compiling
Edited by Flood_Developer on Jul 9, 2019 at 08:42 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: The Gravemind
Glad to have helped dude.

Yeah man it's been a crazy ride but you've made it a lot better for sure.
im so happy

So am i dude!
Edited by Flood_Developer on Jul 9, 2019 at 07:47 AM

UPDATE: There's been a big update on moddb so if you've downloaded it before the edit in bold then be sure to redownload and check it out with better infecting and a new end to infestation.
Hey guys been a hectic few days but I'm glad to have a big update for you guys with the mod. First off just to get it out of the way the plasma rifle is fixed, we no longer have the half life 1 version of it anymore. I've also had a load of help from deadhampster with the development so give a big thanks to him for getting the wheels rolling once again on this mod.

Finally, I'm actually amazed to tell you guys that Gravemind has cooked up some insane stuff for this update. He has made animated infection and helped implement proper actor transformations like SPV3, but with animations from halo 3. I really never thought I'd see this in halo ce and having it in this in the mod is absolutely insane to me. I really hope you guys enjoy it and be sure to give some crazy love to Gravemind for his amazing work.
Here's a link:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-flood-virulence
Edited by Flood_Developer on Jul 9, 2019 at 08:45 PM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Jul 10, 2019 at 07:05 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP] The Flood: Virulence (flood stuff update) Jun 23, 2019 12:33 PM (Total replies: 22)

chill dude will do

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP] The Flood: Virulence (flood stuff update) Jun 22, 2019 05:23 PM (Total replies: 22)

Welp this is sucks and was something I wasn't hoping to have to ever post here. For a while now the tagset that I used to make the campaigns is somehow not compilable anymore in anyway, I've been banging my head against this problem for a while now and have tried everything I can think of. This has meant that I can't even change old missions or create new ones.
The lack of updates for the mod on moddb hasn't been a coincidence, believe me there are lots of ideas and bugfixes even now that I would love to be able to add but i can't anymore, sorry guys. On a lighter note, if anyone thinks they might be able to help me get this project back on its wheels be sure to message me. I would appreciate any help cause it's sucking just as much for me not being able to fix problems I find and add new content.
EDIT: Fixed this big update can be found here http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=51235
Edited by Flood_Developer on Jul 12, 2019 at 10:08 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP] The Flood: Virulence (flood stuff update) May 17, 2019 08:51 PM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: haloevolved
I'm very sorry - I've been so busy with university and other stuff. I should get to it soon :)

It's cool man, don't worry about it that stuff is super important dw. Get around to it when you can man :)
Edited by Flood_Developer on May 19, 2019 at 04:53 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP] The Flood: Virulence (flood stuff update) May 16, 2019 07:41 PM (Total replies: 22)

why haloevolved doesn't upload/make the video? i've been waiting so long...
Edited by BlueFireDemon7177 on May 16, 2019 at 06:14 AM

I know what you mean but it's cool, a really chill dude called vengeful vadam' made one. Please show him some love :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcG0XSJ8Hr8

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Having an issue compiling d40 levels Apr 3, 2019 10:32 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Did you use hek+, or refinery?

refinery
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Quote: --- Original message by: Flood_Developer
If it was a globals issue would it affect compiling on all levels since I been able to compile maps since

Yeah it would. Still no luck with this? Can't imagine what would cause the issue. You're extracting from a stock map right? And you can compile other levels without issue?

yeah man I'm doing that it's really weird
Edited by Flood_Developer on Apr 3, 2019 at 10:32 PM

Yeah I'll let you know!

Any news on those cheeky vids bro?
ALSO
Also thanks so much for 1000 views on another one of my posts, glad to ses this project is getting interest still. Once again massive thanks for the support!
Edited by Flood_Developer on Apr 8, 2019 at 10:22 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Having an issue compiling d40 levels Mar 29, 2019 10:50 AM (Total replies: 12)

Re-extract the BSP and scenario. Fresh from a new .map file

The SKY doesn't matter because the BSP doesn't have any +sky faces and doesn't display a sky. Still reference one, but it won't display.

ok cool will do

And if that doesn't work, you did screw up something in the HUD. Replace whatever you may have edited.

If you don't already know, the game grabs a few tags and all it's dependencies. The two you're concerned about will be globals\globals.globals , and your scenario tag. Everything that the map tries to build itself with is inside one of those two tags or somewhere down the tagpath.

If it was a globals issue would it affect compiling on all levels since I been able to compile maps since

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Having an issue compiling d40 levels Mar 28, 2019 10:27 PM (Total replies: 12)

Re-extract the BSP and scenario. Fresh from a new .map file

The SKY doesn't matter because the BSP doesn't have any +sky faces and doesn't display a sky. Still reference one, but it won't display.

ok cool will do

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Having an issue compiling d40 levels Mar 28, 2019 12:10 PM (Total replies: 12)

You know it's funny, back in the day for Halo PC this BSP would always cause an exception and I never knew why.

I'll look into it.

thanks man, means a lot man. wanted to make maw maps for so long

https://i.imgur.com/zLAXVXb.png

It's not the BSP, your tags are busted. EAX errors seem to be when tool completely craps itself and can't figure out what the hell went wrong. The HUD error is most likely unrelated, don't go chasing that yet.

What I would do is save a new copy of your scenario and start removing things chunk by chunk until you find what was causing the issue. If you can't build a map with only the d40_terrain BSP, recursively extract it with Refinery and use overwrite to be sure you have a good tag. Don't overwrite all the tags, just the recursive d40_terrain BSP.

I'll be happy to continue helping, but the d40 terrain by itself isn't causing an issue

ok awesome dude, good to know its not the terrain. I'll start on stripping it although its pretty bare already, using a test scenario with nothing but the bsp assets and the sky. Going to start replacing the sound tags now

EDIT: Replaced the tags that the scenario was using including bsp, sky and other stuff and still no dice
Edited by Flood_Developer on Mar 28, 2019 at 12:34 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Having an issue compiling d40 levels Mar 28, 2019 12:00 PM (Total replies: 12)

You know it's funny, back in the day for Halo PC this BSP would always cause an exception and I never knew why.

I'll look into it.

thanks man, means a lot. wanted to make maw maps for so long
Edited by Flood_Developer on Mar 28, 2019 at 12:05 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Having an issue compiling d40 levels Mar 28, 2019 11:16 AM (Total replies: 12)

Hit a wall a while back with d40 and i just can't get through this compiling error I'm getting, this happens to any level that uses the sky. I have tried replacing the bsps and editing them in sapien and kornman. I can open the scenario in sapien and have tried changing things like the sky for the scenario and background sounds for the bsp but still no luck. here is the log hope you guys can help. Note i have also tried changin the stringlist to the right size but a whole load of different errors came up.

Here is the error that comes up with the correct size of the string

Edited by Flood_Developer on Mar 28, 2019 at 11:38 AM
Edited by Flood_Developer on Mar 28, 2019 at 11:50 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP] The Flood: Virulence (flood stuff update) Mar 24, 2019 09:34 PM (Total replies: 22)

I already made a video on forgotten exile, it got over 100k views :P

my youtube is https://www.youtube.com/haloevolved
Edited by haloevolved on Mar 24, 2019 at 09:29 PM

holy crap man i thought it was you, you posted the original video that led me to skft lol be sure to message when its up man
Edited by Flood_Developer on Mar 24, 2019 at 09:35 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP] The Flood: Virulence (flood stuff update) Mar 24, 2019 11:06 AM (Total replies: 22)

Hey do you mind if I make a video on this map and put it on youtube?

go for it man any yt vids are great to see, send me a link so I can sub and like when it's up
Edited by Flood_Developer on Mar 24, 2019 at 11:09 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP] The Flood: Virulence (flood stuff update) Mar 23, 2019 11:39 PM (Total replies: 22)

Update! Hey guys changes as mentioned in OP edit, now with music and other new audio. Hope you like the music since it's my first time trying to make it work, drop a message if you enjoyed it or what I could change to make it fit better.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-flood-virulence
EDIT:new moddb page!

thank you for making these awesome maps!!

No problem man, love to do it :)
Edited by Flood_Developer on May 18, 2019 at 01:26 AM

Time: Sun September 15, 2019 1:50 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website