A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Tachikoma
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 22, 2020 03:25 PM
Occupation: Working in the financial industry, game developer on side
Interests: Gunpla, game dev
Your Age: 20
What Games do you play: Good ones!
RETVRN 2 TRADITION

Post Statistics
Tachikoma has contributed to 65 posts out of 464910 total posts (.01%) in 629 days (.10 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » We have a spammer - JadeUndead Jun 22, 2020 03:25 PM (Total replies: 15)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

They really seem to hate halomaps even though there's literally only one post per week on this website.
And it's not even about anything controversial, just that boring tag ripping program. Nothing else ever happens here.

It's like yelling at a blade of grass. What a strange person

The fact that it's true makes it more depressing.

Halo CE General Discussion » We have a spammer - JadeUndead Jun 22, 2020 12:39 PM (Total replies: 15)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Quote: --- Original message by: Tachikoma
His reasoning literally boils down to one particular person on one discord server openly supporting a certain movement sweeping the US, to which he has the right to voice his support for. Of course one persons actions totally reflect everyone outside of that server and on here, it really sure makes a lot of sense. He's been spamming a lot of us gore and other shock content on discord and most of us have already done trust and safety reports on him.

Some people are truly zany characters nowadays.

It actually has nothing to do with ME making that decision, the team as a whole decided to do it, which we all support. He's outraged because he's a raging racist and anti semite as evident by everything he's done.

Nothing wrong with it being a team thing either, my point frankly still stands. While I can see how people /could/ view your teams initial statement as a little "try-hardy" and brand Twitter esque with everything going on I also don't see how it's worth being even more try-hardy to care so much.

Halo CE General Discussion » We have a spammer - JadeUndead Jun 11, 2020 09:35 PM (Total replies: 15)

His reasoning literally boils down to one particular person on one discord server openly supporting a certain movement sweeping the US, to which he has the right to voice his support for. Of course one persons actions totally reflect everyone outside of that server and on here, it really sure makes a lot of sense. He's been spamming a lot of us gore and other shock content on discord and most of us have already done trust and safety reports on him.

Some people are truly zany characters nowadays.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Website Status Jun 4, 2020 02:31 PM (Total replies: 20)

Thanks for the transparency here Dennis, glad to see everything is okay and that you're staying safe as well.

Halo CE General Discussion » Why can't Elite Bipeds change colours? Apr 14, 2020 04:39 PM (Total replies: 12)

You can do that, or you can have it be a white diffuse with color change set up in the multipurpose alpha and in the shaders like a real chad.

Not sure what you mean by everyone, seeing as how there have been people supporting the game with maps that have the same level of quality as stock for a while.

I think MCC has already significantly reduced the number of port mods as well as there really isn't a point anymore. Porting back in the day was the fact that many couldn't play it on PC. The rest of the people still porting either can't run the newer games on their PC or just don't care, but that's not up to me to judge.

For me personally, it's been an opportunity to go back to some of the nostalgia for simpler and more fun mods such as Coldsnap and Extinction, and is the basis for the new content I'm making with my friends.

I'm not sure where MCC will take CE modding as the process for converting maps right now is underwhelming and some of the backend changes are a bit worrying, but I'm still enjoying myself and I think there will be resurgence of more classical type mods now too.

Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989
How effective is the tag extraction? Does it also extract all necessary dependencies related to the selected tag?

How extensively has this program been tested for quality?

It's a scam

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=45109

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach Animation Issues Oct 18, 2019 12:43 PM (Total replies: 1)

You're trying to import animations from a game that came out almost 10 years after the maxscript you're trying to use?

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=51196

Reach extraction is still not available.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Map ideas for map makers Sep 30, 2019 05:52 AM (Total replies: 2)

People have been doing these exact ideas for years to a point where it's gotten tiring. Sometimes it's cool when it's a demake or a port that uses stock tags, but why spend so much time working on or begging for [HALO 3] LAST RESORT when the original exists?

The era of people trying to remake every Halo game in Halo 1 will hopefully finally come to an end with MCC.

That being said, remakes from Marathon would be something I'm down for.
Edited by Tachikoma on Sep 30, 2019 at 05:53 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Is This Still a Thing? (Arsenic Re-Release) Aug 11, 2019 08:23 PM (Total replies: 3)

This is really cool, I still need to get my hands on a modded Xbox but I've always meant to try Arsenic out.

Thank you for sharing!

Halo CE General Discussion » Need help with these ar fire sounds Aug 11, 2019 04:04 PM (Total replies: 4)

Alongside it needing to be 22khz, you need 2 sound files and 2 firing effects in the weapon tag for it to play smoothly.

mmmmmm yes time to make sector 10.

thanks for the release.

The node limit was updated to 63 with patch 1.10

Halo CE General Discussion » does anyone still play halo ce with os? May 21, 2019 10:19 AM (Total replies: 7)

I use os with mp but not for yelo, I compile my maps as regular .maps that support OS but don't require it.

MY FINDINGS FOR FP STUFF (for people who need it)

It's best to go through notepad++, mass rename all the bones necessary (especially for zteam, and if you're using elites), reimport into Max and export out. going thru notepad++ only gives the possibility you might not see a weapon or another problem occurs. You may also need to fresh export out a weapon model as I had to due to zteam adding extra nodes.

I'm open to making a video tutorial later but I don't have a clean audio setup.

If you do everything right you should get something like this.

https://youtu.be/ybZP_23K4sk
Edited by Tachikoma on May 21, 2019 at 03:15 AM

There's this, which is essentially an open github that contains research on the Halo Online formats. Perhaps that could help?

https://github.com/TheGuardians/TagTool

Other than that, thank you.

EDIT: Importing straight to CE works, albeit I only tried a walking anim.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/561853771227856898/580200186165461014/Halo_Custom_Edition_2019.05.20_-_18.07.27.21.mp4
Edited by Tachikoma on May 21, 2019 at 12:03 AM

Forum MVP absolutely goes to you man, thank you so much.

Quote: --- Original message by: LaikaGlove
Quote: --- Original message by: Tachikoma
Is Halo Online support out of the question? It'd be a nice thing seeing as how that has Halo 4/Reach animations ported over!

Thank you so much for this, oh my god.

That depends on how similar the map format is to halo 3, also technically reach support isn't off the table since I don't think the animation codec format changed until halo 4.

From what I understand, they're nearly the exact same.

Your first error report! Using Halo 2 Xbox.

----5/20/2019 5:04:54 PM----
System.Exception: Error extracting source files for jmad tag objects\characters\masterchief\fp\weapons\rifle\fp_smg\fp_smg. ---> System.Exception: Error extracting model_animation_graph tag objects\characters\masterchief\fp\weapons\rifle\fp_smg\fp_smg ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Blam.Assets.Animations.Animation..ctor(IList`1 defaultNodes, animation_data animationData)
at Blam.Games.Halo2.Tags.model_animation_graph_group.Extract(CacheReader reader, String path)
at Blam.Games.Game.ExtractCacheIndexItemSource(CacheIndexItem cacheIndexItem, String path)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Blam.Games.Game.ExtractCacheIndexItemSource(CacheIndexItem cacheIndexItem, String path)
at Bonobo.ViewModel.MainViewModel.ExtractSource(Object parameter)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Bonobo.ViewModel.MainViewModel.ExtractSource(Object parameter)
at Bonobo.RelayCommand`1.Execute(T parameter)
at Bonobo.RelayCommand`1.System.Windows.Input.ICommand.Execute(Object parameter)
at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

EDIT: I have both .NET versions listed installed.
Edited by Tachikoma on May 20, 2019 at 08:16 PM

Is Halo Online support out of the question? It'd be a nice thing seeing as how that has Halo 4/Reach animations ported over!

Thank you so much for this, oh my god.

Time: Thu July 2, 2020 12:38 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website