A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: OpsY
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 28, 2016 11:03 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 24
What Games do you play: Halo1-2-3-O-R-4
Frobisher Bay

Post Statistics
OpsY has contributed to 1575 posts out of 462933 total posts (.34%) in 3,750 days (.42 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Maximum scenery objects for single player Mar 28, 2016 11:03 PM (Total replies: 19)

I've hit that limit many times... I eventually just merged a bunch of objects together (For example, decorations in a room) into a single Scenery tag. Ended up being less demanding on resources.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Survey] Where are you? Mar 28, 2016 10:59 PM (Total replies: 104)

Well for the sake of it :) I live in Quebec, North Shore region, closest city; Baie-Comeau

Halo CE General Discussion » flyable css battle cruiser or poa Mar 28, 2016 10:48 PM (Total replies: 6)

I thought one of the issue with such process was that you eventually were kicked through the walls / killed by the moving vehicle, that friction had nothing to do with it. Some have suggested attaching a Device Elevator to the vehicle so it would fix some of those issues, I've seen videos of Warthogs rigged this way for example (Was it Kirby?) but that still didn't allow for verticality as long as I remember

Halo CE General Discussion » Human Architecture Request Jan 28, 2016 10:17 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
twas a dry/drab map quite honestly. on the bright side it wasn't unwrapped terribly *cough*unlikeopsy*cough*

Got you there :P

Halo CE General Discussion » Smoke Screen Map Protector Jan 28, 2016 10:16 PM (Total replies: 120)

Awww discussions about map protections.. so 2008. Things don't change... wait Dennis is arguing with someone? That's change.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Jan 27, 2016 08:55 PM (Total replies: 2780)

It's a shame it didn't work, or that Microsoft didn't extend it everywhere with a modding kit.

Halo CE General Discussion » This is getting annoying... Sep 16, 2015 09:23 PM (Total replies: 76)

There is no such feature, but I thought I should give K+, very nice of you SS_Flanker to help him so much. On a side note, when asked I would usually give Guru's making a map tutorial as the best overall starting point for learning the base.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2299

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 Discussion Jul 4, 2015 08:46 AM (Total replies: 68)

And I haven't used xbox live in the past 5 or 6 years, I guess splitscreening with my girlfriend / friends / family is just fun, for campaign. Let's say my GF isn't very "Hardcore" gaming-wise so, yeah, gruntpocalypse firefights and single player missions with split screen is as far as she goes :P

Actually, IIRC if you want 2 BSPs for totally different purpose, it can pretty much be done. We had tested it while working on Sanctuary_Final and RPG_Beta6.2. Our initial results were horrible, we truly broke Halo in many places doing these trials but one method actually worked; actually, two. One was for Weather control, which involves different BSPs.

The second, basically, to rid of all collision and out of sync BSPs Issue we created 2 very, very different BSPs but each had a "Spawn box" Exactly in the same spot, same size. Whatever the active BSP was, you would spawn there and then the in game script would teleport you to the actual map, based on what the Host had decided. Same thing, when moving from one BSP to the other everyone would be transferred to safe, spawn box, BSP Switch, then teleported to new BSP.

Timing is really important here. If you do not allow sufficient delay between steps you can create some very weird errors, some affecting player movements, cameras, net game, all kind of fun, sometimes slightly playable, but very exception prone glitches. If timing is right though, it can be almost seemless and endless pleasure guaranteed :P

I agree it would only make sense to add a Halo Online board to keep Order and as modding becomes more pro-eminent allow us to keep track of everything

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Mar 25, 2015 06:44 PM (Total replies: 2780)

As they said, this is also a test of Halo PC interest among community. The way they made it sound had me thinking, we should probably Ask for an editing kit, make ourselves heard. There is a window of opportunity right now and we have to seize it

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Mar 25, 2015 04:31 PM (Total replies: 2780)

This is the closest we've been to finding a future for our kind community and yet, we're so far away. Right engine, Low PC requirements, Online mode... but Crappy free to play, Russian only and obviously no editing kit...

M$ just stabbed a knife in the heart of many Halo fans now
Edited by OpsY on Mar 25, 2015 at 04:32 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Death Karts (racing map... duh) Sep 2, 2013 05:10 PM (Total replies: 7)

I'l try this soon, looks fun. Aww, the race game type, we never fully pushed it's limits :)

I guess it is, there was still a bunch a couple months ago when my vid card decided it was a good time to fry itself off just like, days after my 360 also fried. Great times, yeah.

Halo CE General Discussion » Glass in a BSP... And goats. Mar 18, 2013 06:44 PM (Total replies: 8)

That's odd, I've never used the method above. I usually extrude the face toward the other side of the wall ( since usually a window is like, two glasses) and then delete the inside faces, re attach every thing but detach the "square windows faces" and name that glass%

Halo CE General Discussion » release stock halo 2 marines Feb 27, 2013 10:27 AM (Total replies: 28)

What's included in the release? Also, what are the marines rigged too, Spartan or Marine bones?

Halo CE General Discussion » Bungie's next game: Destiny Feb 19, 2013 08:59 PM (Total replies: 119)

Also, I am wondering if it'll be like a huge scale MMO, living world, living solar system with Player VS AI most, not too much PvP. I am curious, dearly am. I do not wish to A: Pay for a subscription B: Have to play 60 hours a week to keep pace C: need to be online atm ( I know it's been confirmed, so I might have to sit this one out seeing how my internet ain't so good)

Halo CE General Discussion » Goodbye Feb 17, 2013 06:55 PM (Total replies: 21)

Good bye to you. Someone's gotta take his place now, Not you, altheros, I meant someone

Halo CE General Discussion » [Mod] H1 (Default Maps) to H3 mappack Feb 12, 2013 08:54 PM (Total replies: 50)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Don't use ToolPro.

oh yeah? how come. People always lament themselves about Tool Pro but rarely bring any argument to prove their point.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE OpenSource Feb 12, 2013 08:50 PM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Bungie wanted it released, but MS said no, since they used the HPC/CE source code for Anniversary.

Source?

Time: Fri May 26, 2017 7:22 AM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website