A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Higuy
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 5, 2018 02:16 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
@lucasgovatos

Post Statistics
Higuy has contributed to 7731 posts out of 467800 total posts (1.65%) in 4,303 days (1.80 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 5, 2018 02:16 PM (Total replies: 12123)

You should probably just get your own website at this point. We did that for Lumoria and was super handy not only to simply have all information/media in one place, but also "official" download links and the files themselves hosted on our own servers (besides from Halomaps). Overall, it just looks much more professional that way - considering SPv3 has such a wide reach/playerbase, it would probably be best to do something like that too.

Either way, there isn't really ever a reason to use mediafire. While the service itself isn't really a problem, the website is definitely associated with files that may contain viruses, and to an average user, does not seem secure. Google drive is really a great alternative option IMO and is pretty cheap (like $2) for 100gb/month, if creating/maintaining a website is too expensive.

Lumoria's official website is still up btw - we can always host the alternative CMT version as well once it is complete.

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Sep 3, 2018 11:08 PM (Total replies: 494)

Quote: --- Original message by: TheChunkierBean
Wow I haven't updated this in a long time, sorry about that guys!

We released our latest showcase around June: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_rrJNeZD6w

As always if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Genuine question: with this amount of work and effort put into the project, why not just focus on creating your own IP? It seems like you have the correct sort of people/talent working on it to take on that task. It's definitely more work than creating just a level/campaign for Halo: Custom Edition.

With upcoming Halo games it seems more likely you guys could eventually be hit with a C&D, especially with how popular the project has gotten. Wouldn't doing a new IP be more beneficial in this regard, let alone actually profitable? I understand the want to create a Halo experience for PC, but considering El Dewrito is 'out' for people to play...? I'm not trying to be pessimistic here, just trying to understand why people generally try to do these sorts of projects (same with e.g Contingency). Either way - it's looking nice.

Halo CE General Discussion » Setting the record straight Aug 3, 2018 11:54 PM (Total replies: 37)

No one to blame but yourself. How can you possibly try to blame anyone here for literally any of this?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC Confirmed? May 10, 2018 01:56 PM (Total replies: 29)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
If you want to respond to anything I say, you'll have to show critical thinking beyond misquoting my post by showing that I said "snip".
Edited by sparky on May 10, 2018 at 01:39 PM

Sparky - a person who is apparently experienced in IP law but doesn't seem to realize that people use "-snip-" as a way to quote someone but not the entire length of their very long post, as a way to save space. Nice.

Halo CE General Discussion » 3dsmax 2019 Mar 23, 2018 03:20 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
lol who pays for software?

*raises hand*

what Matt said

Haven't used 2019 yet but I used 2017 and 2018. I couldn't tell the difference between either tbh \_(ツ)_/

Looks great! Definitely reminiscent of a classic Halo map.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 5, 2018 02:31 PM (Total replies: 70)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: natepley
Adding wildlife to Lumoria would make sense since it's a planet, but I'm not sure if it would make sense for blind wolves to be there since they live on halo...

Given that the Halo rings are artificial, I don't think any wildlife found on them would be native to the construct. They'd probably be species that had been brought in from elsewhere. I agree that it'd be good to see more ambient wildlife on Lumoria.

We had planned on adding some blind wolves/larger dinosaur looking creatures from E3 2000 demo into Lumoria but never panned out. I think we had the models made for them though.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 1, 2018 09:24 PM (Total replies: 70)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
The hope is to do all new audio recordings. The project is underway and we have been playing with SPV3 Lumoria for several days now. There's also a chance a relic from the past may make a re-appearance in SPV3 Lumoria...

wow send me a build

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Feb 24, 2018 11:25 AM (Total replies: 70)

Just want to say that while I'll be working with Masterz in a sort of 'approval' position for the project, that both L0d3x and I have considered Lumoria essentially public domain at this point, and most decisions that CMT aims to make are really ultimately up to them. The project was always unprotected for that exact reason, because we wanted people to learn, use tags, and modify the project in ways they saw fit.

The feedback in this thread is a great start; I definitely agree with the concerns that some of you have in regards to that using a CMT tagset, the project will need major revisions gameplay wise, and thats probably correct. The original Lumoria in my personal opinion was great gameplay wise, but with different weapons and tags comes different circumstances. However I have mentioned to Masterz that certain encounters - for example, the tank run - we'd like to leave as-is for the most part, as these are both some of the strongest encounters and most heavily worked on areas of the campaign.

I'll be searching around to see if I can find original 3ds Max files for BSP's on my old HDD's, but Masterz has mentioned that his team will be making revisions to them graphically at the very least, which I think is a great start. I'm looking forward personally to seeing improved lightmaps to the BSP's, for example. However, I think saying they are currently 'crap' compared to vanilla H1 is pretty unfair - in fact a lot of the models are straight from Halo 1 (even some segments of cliffs for example), which was what the original intention was of vanilla Lumoria - to create an expansion of Halo 1 that fit well with the original game. Older members such as Il Duce Primo and Massacre helped pave the way for this sort of style both in Lumoria and their own projects, and I personally think it ended up working very well for what we wanted to achieve.

I would say any concerns or feedback you are looking for in a CMT version of Lumoria should be voiced here. This is a great thread where their team can start to collect feedback on important (and perhaps not so obvious changes) to the project that could be made to improve the experience.

Halo CE General Discussion » my new map called "HGK Tennsion" for now Aug 12, 2017 09:18 AM (Total replies: 106)

Quote: --- Original message by: XxPopeAK49xX
Higuy and I have the same birth day. April 13.

we are good humans

our birthday is on friday the 13th next year fyi

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
higuy you should make a cool map and give it an edgy name like epitasis

Perfect! That way no one knows how to pronounce it

i dont think 12 yr old me would have considered me making a project like that

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
BTW if your planning on ripping this map, itll be protected

Hi there, guy.

I'd like to make an EvolvedTM version of this map.
Could u please provide me teh password 4 map unprotect?

Cheerzzz
Laddieman

cheers mr lode, would you like to make a campaign project with me?

lets call it lumoris ep 3

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Amazing base models for ur maps Aug 9, 2017 11:29 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: SeL
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2877

hi halomaps check them out <3<3

whoa nice base modelcan i use this in my map [hgk] tennisishion pls?

Halo CE General Discussion » my new map called "HGK Tennsion" for now Aug 9, 2017 11:12 PM (Total replies: 106)

Quote: --- Original message by: roxas3785
higy you should use the h3 biped on the homepage for your map

gud idea i will add it onto hte map

add me on xfire if u want to help: higuy5

Quote: --- Original message by: SeL
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
if none of u now wat HGK is it is a klan and I help make maps for'em.
register here to help and make HGK auseome. It stands for Happy Grunts Klan.

thx for the information higuy, i had no idea

ur welcome seL
Edited by Higuy on Aug 9, 2017 at 11:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jun 26, 2017 01:35 PM (Total replies: 73)

whomst'd've is this

Halo CE General Discussion » Money Apr 24, 2017 06:33 PM (Total replies: 121)

Everyone in this community has always released everything for free, even if they may have worked extremely hard, for years, on projects.

What makes you think you should suddenly be able to when everyone else has willingly created content, applications, and improvements for free, simply because they wanted to? What makes you so special?

You should be more concerned about maybe releasing something for once that's worthwhile and you enjoyed making, rather then how much your going to get paid for doing so. Good chances are that even if you could, no one would buy it.

e: Let it also be clear that I am big for compensating's people's work, even if its a demo for example that they made for me on a project. I believe people should be paid for work they have done. But those projects are also commercial, and I am aiming to make money from them, even if it is something I enjoy creating and doing. However, I personally see modding as something of a pleasure, you do it because YOU want to, and not for other people, fame, or monetary value, especially Halo where its someone else's IP, with laid out rules. Even if its a huge company like Microsoft, its their product, and you must respect that.

Also, for arguments sake against your 'findings', Halo: CE falls under Microsofts Game Content Usage Rules, which is available here: http://www.xbox.com/en-us/developers/rules

If you bother to actually read it and decipher it, you'll learn that, no, you cannot make money off of it. You can ask for donations and it is perfectly legal, but again, why would you anyway in a modding community like Halo's, where everyone has done things for free and without asking for money.

If you really want to see how much of a disaster paid mod's have been in the past, just go check how Valve and Bethesda did the Skyrim paid mod disaster.
Edited by Higuy on Apr 24, 2017 at 06:42 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Anyone using Maya LT? Apr 11, 2017 11:07 AM (Total replies: 12)

Maya LT is decent for what you pay for. It's cheaper then almost every other decent 3d modeling program besides Blender, which is of course free.

I use it occasionally for working on my commercial project. I still like 3ds Max though, which is what I use more often, and its probably because I've used it for so long and much more proficient at using it. It's a lot more expensive though obviously, so currently I rent it on a 'as-need' basis and do a ton of modeling during that duration.

If you want to get stuff from Max to Maya LT, I suggest just exporting as FBX or another universal file format.

The reason autodesk products are so expensive is because they have a monopoly on the market and they know it, other applications like Blender (free) and Modo (much cheaper) still cant compete and simply (IMO) are not as fleshed out/easy to work with.

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

You do all realise that that the whole "you cant use
Work made with this license or type of app with this other license or app" rule can be circumvented via an export and re-import.

And you have god to thank for that or the guy who invented obj's/fbx's/3ds's e.t.c
Edited by Super Flanker on Apr 7, 2017 at 04:49 PM

This is true, although some file formats of autodesks actually cache some of your information about your license and such inside the exports believe it or not. And you can bet that .max files do the same.
Edited by Higuy on Apr 11, 2017 at 11:10 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 7, 2017 08:47 PM (Total replies: 11475)

Quote: --- Original message by: CHRISPOCALYP5E
Curious question for some of you older community vets.

What is the actual custom content to rehash/port ratio?

like mookz said it really depends on your definition of custom content and what constitutes as a rehash or port.

Halo CE General Discussion » Messing with Sky/Fog Feb 26, 2017 04:47 PM (Total replies: 11)

Just open up whatever sky tag your using and you can edit the fog settings there, along with different sky lighting colors. You'll need to rerun lightmaps on the BSP's though for the new lighting to be applied to the level.

Halo CE General Discussion » Post your Top 10 HCE mappers/modders Feb 18, 2017 06:09 PM (Total replies: 95)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
10. DarkHalo003
9. Jesse
8. Donut
7. ODX
6. UnevenElefant5
5. Maniac1000
4. Higuy
3. Super Flanker
2. Advancebo
1. Gamma927

oh wait thats just the post count list

why the hell do I have so many posts??

Heres my list:

10. PopeAK49
9. Lodex
8. MattDratt
7. il Duce Primo
6. Dennis Powers
5. Jackal Stomper
4. Conscars
3. Joshflighter
2. Sheer
1. Massacre

oh wait thats just people in no particular order that worked on or contributed to PROJECT LUMORIA
Edited by Higuy on Feb 18, 2017 at 06:14 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
You can thank yours truely for making this happen

"please clap"

Halo CE General Discussion » [PUBLIC BETA]: Dissolution Jan 2, 2017 05:16 PM (Total replies: 28)

Looks fantastic dude. Someone needs to put this up on a dedicated server so we can play!

Time: Sat December 15, 2018 3:04 AM 609 ms.
A Halo Maps Website