A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Invader Veex
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 4, 2016 05:43 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play:
i make poast
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Invader Veex has contributed to 2046 posts out of 464604 total posts (.44%) in 3,820 days (.54 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Im gonna be "that guy" Nov 4, 2016 05:43 PM (Total replies: 22)

I honestly haven't played most of Lumoria (life priorities changed), but I remember playing one level of the first release because I had a small contibution.
That being said, Lumoria has always seemed to me as a nod to the original game, and it seemed like a sin to even mod it to me. It (in my eyes) is a shrine, a holy temple. And as such, should not be tampered with.

This wasn't the newest build of H3MT Foundry, by far. If I ever get a new motherboard on my CE computer, I suppose I'll upload the map. I'd post pictures or videos, but all of the ones I had were on Xfire.

Halo CE General Discussion » 10 years Aug 30, 2016 06:11 PM (Total replies: 10)

When I switched from modding PC to creating maps in CE, Cityscape Classic and Coldsnap were the in thing. Then a few months later came this amazing map.

IIRC, my first post on here was about putting the scarab from Extinction and a concept for a powerful air vehicle I had in Coldsnap.
Edited by Invader Veex on Aug 30, 2016 at 06:13 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » BigassV3 Weapon Skins Contest! Aug 30, 2016 06:04 PM (Total replies: 109)

Quote: --- Original message by: HyperAlex
Can someone link me to a tut that shows me how to make skins or customised materials for 3dsmax.

Look on YouTube. Seriously, this stuff is easy. It's just learning the best way to make your skin look great that is the hard part.

Halo CE General Discussion » Worth creating this? Aug 30, 2016 06:01 PM (Total replies: 27)

My heart says yes, but my mind says no.

However, if you do want to make an amazing modern Bloodgulch, do some geological research before beginning; what you create will be exponentially more realistic.. Figure out what type of material you want to environment rock to be, and learn exactly how it will erode and change over time. be sure to make a significant difference between layers of sediment is you go with a sedimentary or metamorphic material. As in, model that stuff in, and don't just slap a pretty, basic af bitmap on there. Have separate bitmaps for each layer (or reuse some, but vary the layers, or use a different detail map. Just be sure to vary color with some layers, and possibly materials. Iron enriched sandstone would be an easy base material, with the occasional layer of limestone sticking out in slabs.)

If you do end up doing this, consult with me over PMs.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 22, 2016 11:38 PM (Total replies: 11367)

@Halotornado
I enjoy this island. More useless Forerunner crap aside from the bases would make our better, though. Including shortcut tunnels for infantry, with a central room detrimental to controlling the map, much like Danger Canyon.

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Hi guys, it was me.
I stole the doritos.

Halo CE General Discussion » BigassV3 Weapon Skins Contest! Aug 22, 2016 03:55 PM (Total replies: 109)

Looks like it's time to fire up my desktop PC again.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2/3 Gravity chair? Aug 16, 2016 06:40 PM (Total replies: 13)

Back when HDoan was on a rigging spree, he made a prophet biped with the chair. Converting the chair to a vehicle should be fairly simple.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4703

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 16, 2016 01:55 PM (Total replies: 11367)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Any references i can use to finish it?
http://i.imgur.com/rb7YlrD.jpg

Miley Cyrus.

Only good crit I have is that it's too symmetrical. If it's flood, make it a little more grotesque and bulging on that back hump, with the ...spore vents(?) in a more organic form, rather than directly uniform in line multiple ways (and also vary them in size).

Halo CE General Discussion » PSA: Trolls Dec 21, 2015 09:10 AM (Total replies: 21)

Back in my day we had real trolls and real spam. Usually DSali if I remember correctly, or some other guy. You guys don't know crap!
Also, I walked 10 miles to school in 2 feet of snow, uphill both ways.

Halo CE General Discussion » Shrek and Halo Dec 14, 2015 08:55 PM (Total replies: 7)

You have my attention.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Wars 2! Aug 4, 2015 01:30 PM (Total replies: 65)

Halo Wars was really fun and had a great story. Creative Assembly had better not f*#& it up.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online May 8, 2015 02:18 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: Docer
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
It's super cheap: https://www.avira.com/en/personal

I used Avira once when were released and works pretty fine but now I don't use antivirus, I just clean my pc with antimalware's bites every month.

Unsure how I feel about this

I do the exact same thing, just don't download from questionable sources and there is no issues.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 B40 Help/ SPV2 D40 Help. Apr 29, 2015 08:38 PM (Total replies: 25)

Quote: --- Original message by: stormray73
Quote: --- Original message by: Ubermaniac
I believe there is some devconsole command.

Found the command... it's switch_bsp however, i've run into an area of the map, where the terrain no longer generates, but is not fixed by the above commands. Any ideas?

SPV2 was never finished. It's possible the next part wasn't made yet.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo 5 Guardians Image Apr 29, 2015 07:24 PM (Total replies: 37)

Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
WAIT is the group that is with the Chief confirmed to be Blue Team? (source pls?)

I haven't seen an official source say so, but compare the armor to the two members of Blue Team in the last H2A terminal, and the team in Halo Escalation. It's also worth noting the colors of each member of the team's armor is represented in the animated poster, showing the spartan with optics as a gray and the other two as shades of blue, like in escalation and the terminal.

Edited by Invader Veex on Apr 29, 2015 at 07:30 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 B40 Help/ SPV2 D40 Help. Apr 29, 2015 06:41 PM (Total replies: 25)

having not played these maps, i'm sure if you keep trying to switch bsps it'll work. just start with 1 and keep going up till it loads

Halo CE General Discussion » Basic Modding Apr 29, 2015 04:45 PM (Total replies: 19)

There really isn't a simpler way. To do what you want, you'll have to extract all of bloodgulch's files using HEK+, then open the bloogulch.scenerio file within the tags\levels\test\bloodgulch\ folder within your Halo Custom Edition directory. You can then use sapien to fly around the map (just like the camera controls in game) and place your desired items. You'll then want to save it as a different file (so you don't overwrite the stock map), such as mybloogulch.scenerio in the same location. If you haven't already set up tool, find a tutorial to set it up (it's a one time thing, you won't need to set it up again) Once that's complete, open tool and type "tool build-cache-file levels\test\bloodguch\mybloodgulch". Except without the quotes.

You can then fire up Halo and your new map will be in the multiplayer map list.
Edited by Invader Veex on Apr 29, 2015 at 04:47 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo 5 Guardians Image Apr 29, 2015 03:35 PM (Total replies: 37)

I'm sure they're devastated.

I, however, love the current story arc of the series and look forward to where it is going. The Locke vs Chief is surely a subplot of the grander story in the game, since this is part of the reclaimer saga afterall. The master chief collection was a devastating blow to the series with the connection issues, however supposedly a different team is working on Halo 5's connectability. I had no issues with the beta, and I hope it continues that way. The beta was the most fun I had in multiplayer in a long time, and I look forward to playing it when it comes out.
Edited by Invader Veex on Apr 29, 2015 at 03:44 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo 5 Guardians Image Apr 28, 2015 04:54 PM (Total replies: 37)

Image was just completed. Xbox says it's the official cover art, and this trailer was released alongside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUdh9kZhFtQ

Time: Sun September 24, 2017 7:05 PM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website