A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: addicted2halo
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 20, 2016 08:01 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 17
What Games do you play: Halo, Halo CE
Depression Hurts. Guns Kill.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
addicted2halo has contributed to 339 posts out of 469466 total posts (.07%) in 4,595 days (.07 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » No more RP? Dec 20, 2016 08:01 AM (Total replies: 31)

Yessir! :)

Halo CE General Discussion » No more RP? Dec 20, 2016 06:05 AM (Total replies: 31)

Perhaps some day. Unfortunately it's finals time which means massive amounts of papers. ALMOST done though...After the holidays are over I'd totally be up for that.

Halo CE General Discussion » No more RP? Dec 20, 2016 05:53 AM (Total replies: 31)

Oh.
Well alright then. That's a shame. Had some really fun times in RP servers back in the dayyy.
I definitely remember the ones on the Zerowing map. Those were always my favorite. x)

Halo CE General Discussion » No more RP? Dec 20, 2016 01:04 AM (Total replies: 31)

Hey guys!
So, I'm just curious: I've been kind of playing a LOT of Halo CE in the last few days and I can't help but notice like...all the RP servers are gone. What happened? lol

Halo CE General Discussion » A Little History Dec 17, 2016 08:09 PM (Total replies: 33)

Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
Another point of information can be found here:

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=47046&start=15

Dennis might know more if you ask him.

You rock man! I may actually end up asking him some questions as they come up. For now, I think I'm good.

Halo CE General Discussion » A Little History Dec 17, 2016 07:50 PM (Total replies: 33)

Okay, well thank you very much for your help! I did read that it was Gearbox who programmed it for PC, though I do know that Microsoft helped a little bit as far as distribution. I really appreciate it man.

Halo CE General Discussion » A Little History Dec 17, 2016 07:30 PM (Total replies: 33)

Hey guys! Yikes it's been a while since I've posted on here.

So listen: I know "Search is your friend" and all but I'm coming up a little short. I'm writing a research paper about Halo Custom Edition for a college course at Temple University, and I'm supposed to write about the game's development. I realize that the credits are in the game, and I've utilized them to come up with a list of some of the important people on the design and production teams, but my issue is: I can't really find anything about what specifically makes Halo PC different from Halo CE. In other words, why can we play Halo Maps on Halo CE but not on PC? Is it just coded differently? Or is there something else? Also, is there a difference between the "Halo for PC" team and the Halo Custom Edition team?

Figured this community might be able to help me out. Thanks guys!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Reallly Dark Faces Dec 6, 2009 07:50 PM (Total replies: 2)

Thanks. Backface cull is checked and they still look somewhat darker, although not see through and broken.

I don't mind it; I just want to be sure it isn't an error.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Reallly Dark Faces Dec 6, 2009 05:45 PM (Total replies: 2)

In 3ds Max, What does it mean when random faces turn dark? The model color is yellow, but certain ones appear dark. Is this an error? How do you fix?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » STL Check? Dec 6, 2009 05:34 PM (Total replies: 4)

Good tips man. Thanks.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » STL Check? Dec 6, 2009 04:53 PM (Total replies: 4)

I'm not sure about everyone, but I think the most annoying thing about making Halo maps in 3ds Max is the STL check saying that you've got no errors, but Tool saying that you've got hundreds. Am I wrong?

So I was just wondering if any one of the brilliant minds of the halo community have a 3ds Max tool to replace the 3ds Max STL check before you go through and export and all that; kind of like a pre-tool utility of that makes sense.

Halo CE General Discussion » Alldev Nov 10, 2009 07:09 PM (Total replies: 24)

No- the new version changer.

Halo CE General Discussion » Alldev Nov 10, 2009 06:33 PM (Total replies: 24)

Do you have a link to it? I searched and couldn't find it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Version Converter Nov 8, 2009 06:57 PM (Total replies: 11)

Alright. So add "-console devmode" to which box? Target? or "start in"?

Halo CE General Discussion » Version Converter Nov 8, 2009 06:25 PM (Total replies: 11)

Banning commands, ammo, spawning vehicles that only spawn with the all vehicles cheat, kicking players, server settings; a whole bunch of reasons.

But anyway- you right click on the icon, go to properties, and put the "-devmode" in which box?

Halo CE General Discussion » Version Converter Nov 8, 2009 06:10 PM (Total replies: 11)

Does "-devmode" work if you type it in while you are in a game?

Halo CE General Discussion » Version Converter Nov 8, 2009 05:30 PM (Total replies: 11)

I got the Halo CE Version Converter, and unfortunately for those people like me who want AllDev to work on Halo Version 1.09, we are out of luck. The app does not work for this version, and there is no way to access any devmode functions.

Sad face. :'(

This was just a heads up. (Let me know if I'm wrong)

Halo CE General Discussion » Alldev Nov 8, 2009 03:10 PM (Total replies: 24)

No he didn't. I just got one. But...There's only like 3 servers with that update anyway. :(

Why did they disable it? That's so lame. Now we can't use the camera or jump or anything. And what about maps that have vehicles you need to spawn with alldev? This sucks.

Halo CE General Discussion » Alldev Nov 8, 2009 01:38 PM (Total replies: 24)

What if I just reinstall Halo CE and get V.08 back? Will that work? Or will it still force me to update?

Halo CE General Discussion » Alldev Nov 8, 2009 01:24 PM (Total replies: 24)

It said in my "Checking for updates" screen that there was an update. If I didnt get it I wouldn't have been able to play. So is there a way that I can get the old version back?

Time: Thu November 21, 2019 10:40 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website