A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: darkassassin14
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 29, 2015 05:26 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play: halo, destiny
El. Psy. Congroo.

Post Statistics
darkassassin14 has contributed to 2205 posts out of 461429 total posts (.48%) in 3,533 days (.62 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Flying warthog varient. Jul 31, 2014 02:31 PM (Total replies: 2)

Yes. That's where the problem lies. Just switching it to alien fighter makes it wig out, but human plane works fine.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Flying warthog varient. May 23, 2014 10:41 AM (Total replies: 2)

I've made the model for it, now I just need help making it fly like a banshee. I've set up the physics and vehicle files but when I get in, it starts spinning violently and shooting across the map uncontrollably. Any help is appreciated.

And that did it. Thank you so much. Learned new things. Things that will help produce so much more.

It's at about 34,000 faces. It's a lot and I'm not good at optimizing. One error it had while running bluestreak was that some vertices had more than one bone attached, but it still exported.

Continuation of this thread: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=45124

So I finally managed to export the model and now I get this error in tool:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>tool model characters
\brs
Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
### BRS.jms
### WARNING found #2 degenerate triangles.
EAX: 0x00000000
EBX: 0x03691C01
ECX: 0x00000000
EDX: 0x00000000
EDI: 0x0018F570
ESI: 0x00000000
EBP: 0x0018F448
ESP: 0x0018F438
EIP: 0x773D0C42, 83 C4 04 C2 ?????
EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\memory\array.c,#130: index>=0 && index<a
rray->count

Any Idea what it means?

I took a copy of the warthog vehicle tag and it still didn't work. Really confusing, but it's not that big of a problem. I might just leave it as is.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Biped rigger and animator needed. Jan 24, 2014 11:22 AM (Total replies: 15)

I believe I did get the psp version and I can't use blitzkrieg in max 9. Also, the dress was shortened to just a jacket. Pictures:

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Biped rigger and animator needed. Jan 19, 2014 06:54 AM (Total replies: 15)

I know my own way to rig it, but it's a really horrible way. I section off the different body parts by turning them into separate objects and give them each their own frame nodes. I don't know how to link the frame node to the geometry without doing it this way. I was asking if anyone here would want to do it.

Ok I rigged it myself but now it won't export at all. 3DS just stops responding and forces me to close it. Would the poly count have anything to do with it? It's at around 34,000 faces.
Edited by darkassassin14 on Jan 19, 2014 at 10:40 AM

I totally forgot to convert it, thanks. I feel stupid now. Here's a video of it in action:

http://www.xfire.com/video/61c84e

Yes, it has weapons. I'm planning on making a vehicle warfare type of map with a Black Rock Shooter theme. Hopefully I can get some biped riggers and animators for a BRS biped.
Also, there's another problem that I can't seem to figure out. The engine for some reason doesn't idle. It turns off whenever I stop moving. I'd like to fix that as well.
Edited by darkassassin14 on Jan 18, 2014 at 03:53 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Biped rigger and animator needed. Jan 18, 2014 01:56 PM (Total replies: 15)

I have a model for BRS (Black Rock Shooter) that I want to put ingame. I know pretty much nothing about rigging and my animation skills are horrible, so any help would be awesome. Here's a screenshot of the model:

What if I told you I have one that works? The only problem is the tag names get changed, so you have to guess what tags are which. Works best if you make an empty tags folder.

I'm pretty much done with everything, but there's an little bug, I'm guessing, somewhere that makes some geometry not appear. Pictures:

There were no errors when exporting, so I don't know what could be causing this. I'd like some advice. Thanks in advance.

Halo CE General Discussion » Well, this was a pleasant surprise. Nov 11, 2013 06:09 AM (Total replies: 41)

You misspelled "forums" in your quote. Also, that is so true. You don't even know.

Two ways to do it.

1. If you don't mind going back and altering your map model, you can download a pre-ripped base model and integrate it with your map. (Recommended for the learning experience)

2. Download a pre-made scenery tagset and put it in using sapien. (Easiest method)

shader_environment

You have to open the shader file first. If you created the shader while you were making the .scenario file, then it should be in the "tags" folder.

In guerilla, go to radiosity properties and click "simple parameterization." Next, go to physics properties and choose what kind of material your ground will be. Lastly, but most importantly, go to diffuse properties. In the base map box, you click the button with the "..." in it and go to the .bitmap file which should be in tags\levels\beginner\bitmaps. Then, to add detail to the map, in the primary detail box, enter "levels\b30\bitmaps\detail sand (or ground)." Next you save it and done.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Flood: Forgotten Exile Demo Release Nov 10, 2013 06:35 PM (Total replies: 3)

I haven't been on in a while. Never saw that thread. I would love to see the other parts of it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Well, this was a pleasant surprise. Nov 10, 2013 06:28 PM (Total replies: 41)

I guess you could call me that. A true veteran would be someone like ILLEGALLcheatsMAN or teh ganon or even donut.

EDIT: Oh god that was weird for a second. ^^^
Edited by darkassassin14 on Nov 10, 2013 at 06:29 PM

Next is the part I said about creating the shader. If you already have the shader you want made, then you open the shader in guerilla and link the .bitmap to it. Once that's done, save it and open the map in sapien.

Time: Fri March 24, 2017 3:48 PM 296 ms.
A Halo Maps Website