A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ODX
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 1, 2017 03:39 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play: Zelda, Starcraft 2, Halo

Post Statistics
ODX has contributed to 6101 posts out of 464604 total posts (1.31%) in 3,714 days (1.64 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Happy forum anniversary ODX! Aug 1, 2017 03:39 PM (Total replies: 18)

I'll take a look and see if it's worth organizing them and uploading. There's a ton of random crap I've attempted to do over the years, not sure what use people can find. I'll have to see if there's anything I can't release, such as Contingency animations. I'll check with Masters regarding any CMT stuff cause that's a good chunk. Everything else is probably fair game since I don't quite care anymore and the community doesn't seem as critical of "stealing credit" or "rips" like it used to be.

Halo CE General Discussion » Happy forum anniversary ODX! Jul 31, 2017 08:01 PM (Total replies: 18)

Oops, late to my own party by a few days. Apologies. I would mark the occasion somehow, maybe I can release all of my animation files but I'm not sure who would be interested.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jul 24, 2017 07:40 PM (Total replies: 11367)

Quote: --- Original message by: not giraffe
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
I believe I have seen guided rockets before.

Do you mean this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoPvkLXZs4o
Damn, was that really almost 7 years ago? Not quite that either.

I may have indeed been imagining homing rockets. I've been playing CE for over a decade (and my forum anniversary is in two days!) that I felt I've seen laser before, but I'm probably mixing the memories up with a minutia of other games I have played over the years.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jul 23, 2017 08:45 AM (Total replies: 11367)

I believe I have seen guided rockets before. The "follow me" feature is a true 10/10 addition though.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Jul 4, 2017 10:09 AM (Total replies: 64)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
Why did you use some random SMG animations instead of the actual Halo 2 ones for the tagset though?

Mistake, sorry. blame Jesse.
BLAME JESSE. YES.
I guess its worth mentioning I have a lot of the HDoan anims too, and I guess I'll also include those.
Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Which set of animations though? HDoan did like 3 iterations among H3T's tagset, and while each was marginally better...I remember I got into such a fit of rage thinking I could do better that I ended up beginning to animate in secret with my mentor ICEE and my mother Donut.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Jul 3, 2017 06:31 PM (Total replies: 64)

Halo 2 is a great game.

Why did you use some random SMG animations instead of the actual Halo 2 ones for the tagset though?

Halo CE General Discussion » What do you guys think about... Jun 30, 2017 05:57 PM (Total replies: 10)

Looks a little boxy, have you tried watching any cliff tutorials? Otherwise looks nice, one day you'll be a great modeler :D

Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jun 26, 2017 07:21 AM (Total replies: 73)

Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
Nice to see there's still a bunch of oldies kickin' around here still.
I wouldn't wholly say we're "kickin' around", moreso lurking in the shadows for months at a time before revealing ourselves for select posts.

Doesn't seem like it's been so long, but apparently in a month it will be my 10 year forum registration anniversary, so I suppose it has been quite long indeed.

Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jun 25, 2017 09:31 PM (Total replies: 73)

Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5

Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn
Hmm, what about UnevenElefant? I used to see them a lot a few years back.

Last I heard she was transgender but whatever happened after didn't seem to be good.

https://i.imgur.com/Y9x3xcL.png

Hello! Thank you for this! Wow. was this seriously posted only 4 days ago? Talk about coincidence. You are correct, I am a transgender woman. I go by Danielle. I'm still alive, though I had some rough times for a really long while. But I'm better now. I go by a different online handle nowadays and am actually doing alright! Been on HRT and living openly for about 7 months now (after many awful years in the closet) and got the court to issue an order for my new name too. I stumbled on this while I was lurking today and had to log back in to say something. Appreciate u makin' a point to set the record straight with regards to my gender :) and I'm floored that people still even remember my old name. I was 14 when I joined this site and I'm 23 now. So much can change in 9 years, damn. Any other queer halomaps vets, send me a PM if you're still around
Ah, it's good to see you around! I'm glad to hear you are doing well and hope the world has not been too cruel to you the past few years during your transition. I certainly remember talking with you a great deal along with Gamma and Jesse, good times.

Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jun 25, 2017 12:53 PM (Total replies: 73)

I still can't figure out who you are, and I used to troll far harder as an obnoxious kid back in the day. Funny seeing a few other oldies popping up in this thread.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 7, 2017 03:32 PM (Total replies: 11367)

Quote: --- Original message by: not m00kz
and a quick one for my homie ODX

Whatever this is, it is excellent. And capitalize my name, you wonderful peasant.

Halo CE General Discussion » Post your Top 10 HCE mappers/modders Mar 4, 2017 09:37 AM (Total replies: 95)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: dood

Gamma927 and ODX is still alive?

Lurkers.

Gamma pursued a new career, ODX is mostly silent.
I lurk every so often and occasionally make an appearance. My student version of Max 2012 ran out and, while I have other .edu accounts at my disposal, I'm not planning on reviving anytime soon. I have thought about packaging all of my animation files together and releasing them, though.

Oh, and my list:
1) k0rnman (OpenSauce)
2) Arteen (tons of cool maps which eventually turned into CMT MP maps)
3) Masterz1337 (CMT)
4) CtrlAltDest0y/Choking Victim/ShadowSpartan (Zteam, Halo 2/3 animations, etc)
5) Higuy (he's cool guy)
6) t3h_lag (CMT animator, made lots of awesome rigs and content)
7) Kirby (script god)
8) Dane (he makes cool textures, needs more grime)
9) Donut/ICEE (my Halo CE mother and father, respectively. Part of Sigma)
10) Disaster/Selentic/whoeverelseicannotthinkofatthismoment

Halo CE General Discussion » Any good ODST singleplayer maps? Mar 2, 2017 03:28 PM (Total replies: 11)

Gamma and I were messing around with a map at one point. It didn't really go that well objective-wise, I think we made a pretty neat atmosphere and the tagset is one of my favorites.

Project Subterfuge
Thread: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=37966
Download: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6241
Gameplay Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBvWoa5MjF0z

Halo CE General Discussion » Time to vote! What were the best maps of 2016? Dec 21, 2016 06:30 PM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: Nertez
Wait, there's something we're forgetting... big project, lotsa maps, came with some kind of sauce iirc that you had to take, gave you ESP? Third revision? Moved to reddit as we were too 'close-minded' and disrespectful? Cult leader who used numerological codes such as 1337 and wished to be referred to as 'Master'???

Ah, nvm, probably confusing it with something else.
I really cannot discern what's up with this post. I like how you supported the "disrespectful" portion by, as your next statement even, labeling Masters as a cult leader. But whether this in its entirety is sarcasm, irony, or something I'm far too inept to understand, I really am not sure.

Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
You mean sub-par campaign mod with years of work for nothing that impressive?
I mean that's just like, your opinion man. The goal was never to please everybody. CMT throughout the years (at least to me) has always been about a bunch of great people teaming up to smash together some cool stuff. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes people enjoy the content, sometimes people don't.

I have been in this community for a decade at this point. I have seen the release of each Halo game and their subsequent effects on the modding community. I have seen phenomenal people come through this community who have gone on to work in the industry. I have been great friends with many of them and worked with some as well.

None were ever enthusiastic about recreating any Halo campaign in this 15 year old engine. It is not a simple task, and if it was then somebody would have done so by now.

With that said, I admire your dedication and confidence. I was the same when I was younger and by no means do I want to stifle your enthusiasm. Building your own copies of assets from the Halo games is honestly the best way to learn. My animations started as copies of Halo 3's animations, which to this day I still take massive inspiration from them. I merely encourage you to educate yourself and maintain a consciousness of the scope of the project and be a little realistic on what you can do with the time and motivation you have, or else you'll end up disappointed.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3.0.1 Released, first update to SPV3. Sep 25, 2016 09:42 AM (Total replies: 96)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
-Removed a Focus Rifle melee animation that should have not been included.
You mean the one that broke my origins and made no sense as a melee? Yusss

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 Forge is Coming to PC May 20, 2016 10:05 AM (Total replies: 67)

Wow, this thread and this community has become far more toxic that I ever remember.

This is a great step for Halo on PC, but of course nothing to this community is ever good enough. We barely know any of the details and so many people have already been making what look to be awful assumptions.

Microsoft is testing the grounds of PC if you didn't already realize, don't screw it up and you'll likely get Halo 6 on PC (since keeping it locked to the Xbox One wouldn't help them boost sales much when its getting later in the console cycle, but releasing to the PC community would certainly help boost Halo sales).

Oh and a final note: Windows 10 is wonderful and comparing this to Halo 2 Vista is a moot analogy.

Halo CE General Discussion » Pirate Ship [incomplete] Oct 21, 2015 07:24 AM (Total replies: 14)

I literally lost brain cells watching that video.

And I enjoyed every second of the shenanigans it therein showed. Arr!/Arrrrrr

Halo CE General Discussion » 60 fps animations? Sep 19, 2015 10:27 AM (Total replies: 90)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
If an animation is perfect then regardless of framerate it'll be the same goodness portrayed wouldn't it?
Like R93 said, perfection is subjective in animation. I find basically all of Halo 3's animations to be perfect, but I've met plenty who believe they're terrible for whatever reason.

In terms of framerate...30 to 60 makes a massive difference in force I've found. 3ds Max for me is set to 30FPS, but animating for Contingency in CryEngine (going up to 60FPS) I found tons of issues with force looking great in 30 and sluggish in 60. It might just be a matter of me being used to 30, since after playing MCC for hours and hours I've found the animations to still look great. Honestly it's really weird, I can't quite find a way to explain why.

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
clipping as in . . ?
Clipping is when two pieces of separate geometry (a finger and a magazine) go through one another. In the Bowser video, his shins clip multiple times into his toes, and his toes clip multiple times in the floor.
Edited by ODX on Sep 19, 2015 at 10:29 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Aug 28, 2015 03:33 PM (Total replies: 14960)

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Quote: --- Original message by: OHunterO
Why are you rendering in the "User" camera!?

Forgive my ignorance, but... which camera should I use?
It looks like you're in orthographic view, which is a view (commonly known as "orthographic projection") that projects 3D objects in a more 2D-like view. Hit "P" on your keyboard to change it to perspective, which is how it should normally be.

Time: Sun September 24, 2017 10:38 PM 265 ms.
A Halo Maps Website