A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: supersniper
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 16, 2017 05:09 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 24
What Games do you play: Halo franchise, Fallout franchise
fear the sniper

Post Statistics
supersniper has contributed to 1939 posts out of 464320 total posts (.42%) in 3,739 days (.52 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Post your Top 10 HCE mappers/modders Feb 16, 2017 05:09 AM (Total replies: 95)

rec0

wait? thought this was the CE section? why is there discussion on Halo Online here?

Halo CE General Discussion » best maps May 18, 2016 02:29 AM (Total replies: 21)

How could you not find them???

Edited by supersniper on May 18, 2016 at 02:29 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 vista Custom Maps Apr 19, 2016 05:11 PM (Total replies: 43)

Quote: --- Original message by: TheHaloKnight
i just played halo 2 again, saddly there's no Mp :(

We actually brought back multiplayer check it out here.

http://www.h2v.online/

it is in a really early state however and halo2vista.com will be the central hub in the future for it. So why not stop by and check us out.
Edited by supersniper on Apr 19, 2016 at 05:16 PM

Yeah I have them on my laptop, I can send them to you. You still have me added on skype?

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Back in the old days, it was possible to transfer some tags from one map to another for Halo PC. Is there any way to do this? I'd like to see if it's possible to transfer some weapons and bipeds from later in the game to earlier.
you can modify the tags within the maps with a tool like ambiguous, or gavemind or mr Mohawk. and then create an sppf or serenity patch

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » GET H2V POPULATED AGAIN Mar 22, 2016 02:13 AM (Total replies: 42)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Quote: --- Original message by: supersniper
the latest thing for h2v is h2v.online.

we removed LIVE completely from the game, so yes no more need for a cd key. however many features have gone missing but will be coded in eventually. but the main thing is, you can play online with other people, completely free of the hassle of gfwl. also because xlive is gone, debugging halo 2 is now completely possible so all those tools you all want. now can be achieved with just effort.

You can unlock the console?
Halo 2 never had a console made in it... but I mean you could always make a console now.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » GET H2V POPULATED AGAIN Mar 21, 2016 10:10 PM (Total replies: 42)

the latest thing for h2v is h2v.online.

we removed LIVE completely from the game, so yes no more need for a cd key. however many features have gone missing but will be coded in eventually. but the main thing is, you can play online with other people, completely free of the hassle of gfwl. also because xlive is gone, debugging halo 2 is now completely possible so all those tools you all want. now can be achieved with just effort.

Quote: --- Original message by: Twinreaper
IfI come accross as whiney, it isnt meant to be that, its utter frustration. After nearly 10 years of devoting myself to the game, we are left still yet again high and dry. Its not you that im frustrated with, its the lack of HEK we have to work with, and the 0 support from Microsoft.

As much as I would enjoy passing my knowledge along to someone else who wants to carry the torch, at this point there is nothing gratifying for me in the game any longer. So much to the point that my almost 40g of personal source material will never be worked on or conpleted.

I did not know that you hadnt been around long enough to enjoy Halo from the start, from an expert modding perspective. For that I apologize and simply just wish you well in you endevours.
Twinreaper I also have felt your frustration. But honestly we could use the help with the custom content aspect of halo 2. Unlike perma who is primarily focusing on creating a third party multiplayer experience that can negate xlive for all xlive based games. My primary focus is Halo 2. I want to bring a new and better experience to the game. Of course He has done something that I couldn't have accomplished on my own at all. Perma's extensive knowledge in reverse engineering, and ASM has helped tremendously but as he said we "are a small team". Having a diverse team that can work on different aspects would be the best.

Now I get that you don't want anything to do with the game but maybe you will change your mind in the future when the work currently being done has attracted a nice crowd of players. The work you, kills alone, scrapy, slater fury, Kirby, and Kant have done in the custom content aspect of Halo 2 is amazing and it would be awesome if we could expand it.

Now Perma has portrayed what he is willing to do and what he isn't willing to do. Like him, my primary goal was to bring back multiplayer. He and I do have different opinions on how it should be handled but ultimately I like the approach he is taking and could benefit immensely in the future.

With all this being said, don't give up all faith, just have a little more patience.

I don't understand why the moved all the stuff to the google drive, it messed up everything.

I need to talk with them all to get this resituated.

wow I don't know where the thread went? strange. but yeah the server list went down in the beginning of august and took a month to get back up. Then it stayed active throughout September then went down again in October and hasn't been up since.

That is what happened. :/

Halo CE General Discussion » HAC2 + OS compat fix Feb 17, 2016 10:18 PM (Total replies: 126)

Quote: --- Original message by: t3h m00kz
I haven't checked to see if this works on my end, as I'm afraid it will conflict with my hitmarkers mod, which is running a modified hac2.dll

BTCC22 have you considered adding 3rd person/viewmodel support? I'd love to see these features

http://hce.halomaps.org/images/files/lg/i6jj0m.jpg

I prefer this bitterbanana mod better ;) (it's a joke for everyone out there, it just stirred up old ce drama from back in the day)

Edited by supersniper on Feb 17, 2016 at 10:19 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » what would you if i'd os mp maps? Feb 17, 2016 10:13 PM (Total replies: 66)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I'd not play them.
not worth the hassle of turning off hac2 just to play 1 map, then having to restart the game etc. complete waste of time. .yelo maps are for single player.

Halo CE General Discussion » modacity haxed? Feb 13, 2016 12:37 AM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Daily reminder that OC is better than halomaps

Part of me wants to advertise more on here for OC, but then I realize that I'd rather not have most people who would see it follow and start pissing on that site, too.

Best to keep the garbage in the dumpster rather than bring it home.
this place has been hosting maps for halo ce since the game's release. if you consider this place garbage go host your own halo map hosting site. or better yet stay at OC.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 vista? Feb 5, 2016 06:54 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: supersniper
we did get multiplayer working again for h2v but no one seemed to care at all. So we put the project on hiatus.

If there are enough people interested I will bring the project back to light. The game can always be revised. We've gotten so far as to remove LIVE entirely from the game and recreate the multiplayer experience. Things still missing is voice chat, as well as other features from LIVE such as messaging, achievements, and friend control. That was all going to be linked to halo2vista.com.

If people really are interested sign up there and let us know.

Woah those seem like some pretty big changes. I am actually quite surprised no body has bothered to push a higher support for a new h2v. But then again it could be something as simple as not enough awareness or lack of custom community features.
it was overshadowed by eldewrito and halo online. Also, h2v was much more difficult to break apart because of the added on extra security. Which meant no one wanted to work on a difficult game when an easier game was already out there. xlive was the root of the problem, however now with xlive gone, complete customizability is possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftE8D9QOIz8 Example
Edited by supersniper on Feb 5, 2016 at 06:57 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 vista? Feb 4, 2016 11:38 PM (Total replies: 11)

we did get multiplayer working again for h2v but no one seemed to care at all. So we put the project on hiatus.

If there are enough people interested I will bring the project back to light. The game can always be revised. We've gotten so far as to remove LIVE entirely from the game and recreate the multiplayer experience. Things still missing is voice chat, as well as other features from LIVE such as messaging, achievements, and friend control. That was all going to be linked to halo2vista.com.

If people really are interested sign up there and let us know.

Halo CE General Discussion » Why isn't there a gravity gun in Halo yet? Jan 14, 2016 10:15 AM (Total replies: 16)

There's a gravity gun on the Zanzibar map made by the H2CE team.

H2 Zanzibar and H2 Zanzibar updated

explains the gravity gun. (just ctrl f gravity gun)
http://web.archive.org/web/20050209042257/http://www.halo2ce.epgservers.com/mod/

Also the gravity gun was finally introduced into the whole halo franchise as the monitor in forge mode. That's basically a floating gravity gun.
Edited by supersniper on Jan 14, 2016 at 10:26 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Jan 13, 2016 12:49 AM (Total replies: 490)

been following this project since 2014. I can't wait to be able to play it. You guys have done an amazing job. :)

Halo CE General Discussion » First Ever Halo CE Top Ten Amazing Kills Jan 7, 2016 08:10 AM (Total replies: 11)

Game has been out since 2005, I don't think this is the "first ever halo ce top ten amazing kills..."

but fun to watch :)
Edited by supersniper on Jan 7, 2016 at 08:10 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Dec 29, 2015 04:07 AM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
You mean like you keep mentioning Halo Online in every thread?

https://static.fjcdn.com/comments/This+guy+gets+it+_1372f96375673cdc77d61ea6bde72abb.jpg

memes

PS its my birthday thanks for making it fun sshers.
... you needed an internet troll to make you happy on your birthday?

Time: Sat October 21, 2017 9:07 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website