A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Karrde
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 25, 2019 01:34 AM
Interests: Reading, gaming, music.
Your Age: 23
What Games do you play: Everything. I have a lot of systems.
Power beyond containing
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Karrde has contributed to 2278 posts out of 469382 total posts (.49%) in 4,463 days (.51 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to PC Mar 25, 2019 01:34 AM (Total replies: 77)

Wonder if they’ll ever get around to putting all of Halo 5 on the PC as well.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Dec 9, 2016 10:45 PM (Total replies: 11479)

Keep working. You'll get there.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 20, 2015 02:11 PM (Total replies: 12123)

It's been some time since I've followed this. Lone told me that progress was actually still happening, and I didn't really believe him. Pleasantly surprised. Happy to be wrong, and happy that things are still going. Looks fantastic so far. I am, unlike many of the people I see here, capable of patience. Ignore them, take your time, make it great. Definitely looking forward to the final build.

Halo CE General Discussion » Does anyone recognize which map this is from? Mar 21, 2014 03:43 PM (Total replies: 46)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
They only make you read the books so you get off your xbox. Live life more. Seriously. Books are magical. Read them more.

Books are good, yes, but a video game should be a self-contained story in and of itself. Combat Evolved pretty much gave you the rundown of what was going on between the instruction manual and the opening cutscene. You had a general idea of why things were the way they were in-game. Books should supplement the games, should elaborate on the things the games aren't able to cover as fully as some people might like them to, but there shouldn't be a required reading list for you to understand what's going on.
Exactly my point.

Halo CE General Discussion » Does anyone recognize which map this is from? Mar 13, 2014 01:35 PM (Total replies: 46)

Quote: --- Original message by: clonecam117

And Karrde, if you read the Halo novels (mostly glasslands/Thursday war) you would know the story behind the new Covenant in H4.
Edited by clonecam117 on Mar 7, 2014 at 01:20 PM
Yes, and that is precisely the problem. If you do not read the novels, you are presented with no explanation whatsoever. It's fine for books to bridge the gap between games or films, but they should not contain important plot-altering information like that. It makes it look like a colossal plot hole if you don't read the novels. Like how the Chief and Johnson got back to Earth in Halo 2, or how Johnson even survived. Yes, they are explained in First Strike, but that doesn't help people who only play the games. There should not be required reading to understand the narrative of a videogame.

Quote: --- Original message by: Not A Pervert
I thank you guys for screwing another thread about Halo 4 sucks conversation.
It's certainly worth bashing.

Might as well throw in my (apparently commonly agreed with) opinion.

Prometheans were frustrating to fight, and extremely repetitive. I blasted my way through the campaign in five hours, which is depressingly short. 343 obliterated the canon by entirely retconning humanity's backstory. And if you haven't read the novels, then it seems that the Covenant you defeated completely in Halo 3 has returned, seemingly at full strength sans brutes and drones, and the Elites are randomly enemies again. Campaign sucked. Inconsistent, short, irritating.

Multiplayer was ruined by Reach, and pushed even further over the edge by Halo 4. Halo started as an arena shooter, and remained that until Reach came around. Everyone started even, and you found your strengths on the map. Now you can spawn with all kinds of perks and abilities, and the original concept of what Halo's multiplayer stood for has been lost. There's no reason to pick up anything when you can sprint indefinitely, spawn with active camo and a Battle Rifle, and reload at twice the normal speed. It's ruled by loadouts now, just like every other generic FPS on the market these days.

Firefight, the only redeemable aspect of Reach, was removed entirely, and replaced with 15 minute linear missions with zero replay value.

Forge was excellent, but the gameplay was awful, so that is irrelevant.

tl:dr version, Halo 4 was a colossal disappointment. My hopes for the next game are extremely low.
Edited by Karrde on Mar 5, 2014 at 01:11 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo for iOS May 19, 2013 12:36 PM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude
iOS sucks Android is superior fact.
Opinion. Androids lets you do more, yes, but iOS itself is a much smoother, more stable operating system than the Android system.

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: Karrde

Quote: --- Original message by: jackrabbit
lost precision controls, crapy monochrome textureing, flat train I don't get it ? all three islands look the same. thank god this is almost the end of halo 4's flop I hope 343i learns from there mistakes. im personaly more interested in daybreak than forge islands. I sware thay need to stop inproving the perfect and work in other stuff. nothing was wrong in reach, thay need to add stuff like custom textures custom object creation and ai in forge and make options for custom sp maps. 343 lacks bungie talent there's no way around it. Forge world meah

Not possible with the current AI's pathfinding system. They would need a new engine for that. If they did it now, the AI would get stuck on any player created item they walked into, because they wouldn't recognize it as being there since it's neither part of the BSP nor a main part of the map's basic scenery. Bungie talked about that when Reach came out and people asked for it.
Edited by Karrde on Mar 26, 2013 at 05:46 PM

I'm pretty sure they can just modify the current engine instead.
Might take a while and it may not ever work properly but they can do it.
Unless an item on the map is part of the BSP or a scenery item that is always there (like a Covenant weapon crate in campaign or something) the AI will walk into it or get stuck on it, because they won't recognize it as being there. They'd need a new AI system coupled with a modified engine to make it work. Firefight and Spartan Ops also run on the campaign network (which requires both more bandwith and more processing power) rather than the multiplayer network, so even if they did make it work, it would put a lot of stress on the game. I don't honestly think the 360 would handle it very well. We might see it in a future game, since Halo 4 was likely the last game in the series on the 360, but it will never be in Halo 4.

Quote: --- Original message by: jackrabbit
lost precision controls, crapy monochrome textureing, flat train I don't get it ? all three islands look the same. thank god this is almost the end of halo 4's flop I hope 343i learns from there mistakes. im personaly more interested in daybreak than forge islands. I sware thay need to stop inproving the perfect and work in other stuff. nothing was wrong in reach, thay need to add stuff like custom textures custom object creation and ai in forge and make options for custom sp maps. 343 lacks bungie talent there's no way around it. Forge world meah

Not possible with the current AI's pathfinding system. They would need a new engine for that. If they did it now, the AI would get stuck on any player created item they walked into, because they wouldn't recognize it as being there since it's neither part of the BSP nor a main part of the map's basic scenery. Bungie talked about that when Reach came out and people asked for it.
Edited by Karrde on Mar 26, 2013 at 05:46 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Favorite soundtrack form the Halo Franchise? Feb 7, 2013 01:48 PM (Total replies: 54)

Halo: The Maw
Halo 2, Volume 1: High Charity
Halo 2, Volume 2: Unyielding
Halo 3, Disc 1: Released
Halo 3, Disc 2: Tribute
Halo Wars: Work Burns & Runaway Grunts
ODST, Disc 1: Neon Night
ODST, Disc 2: No Stone Unturned
Halo Legends: Sacred Icon Suite 2
Halo: Reach: New Alexandria
Halo Anniversary: How To Get Ahead In War
Halo 4: To Galaxy
Edited by Karrde on Feb 7, 2013 at 01:50 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP]The Flood: Forgotten Exile StKft Release Sep 17, 2012 10:07 AM (Total replies: 118)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
How blurry does it get till you die? No one knows... until you die.
This was my biggest problem with that. Making it more difficult for the player to see when your health is low is somewhat irritating. Anyone who has ever lost their shields in Mass Effect 3 can tell you that.

And I told Lone to add more Enforcers, but he ne never did it. :B

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP][56k]Inferi Redivivus Jul 25, 2012 07:28 PM (Total replies: 93)

You never told me about that mortar turret. I like it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 Video Jun 4, 2012 08:26 PM (Total replies: 122)

I am approximately 10% more interested in this game. It is obnoxiously shiny, and the Forerunner weapons look cool, but that's where I stop liking it.

Fighting Covenant again is stupid, considering most of them were obliterated in Halo 3, and the Elites are supposed to be allies. Cortana looks horrible. Chief's armor is totally different, and while they have stated that it will be explained, they have yet to even give an ounce of proof of that. And now we're fighting Forerunner super robots? Really?

And that live action crap had better not be in the full game. Live action anything is never good, in any game, ever.

Halo CE General Discussion » halo 4 limited edition. mmm yes May 18, 2012 06:57 PM (Total replies: 31)

Quote: --- Original message by: Sciophobiaranger
343's version of Call of Duty Elite, a waste of an extra £30.00; Sigh*, they need to come up with something worth the extra money because this is just getting annoying... not spending an extra £30.00; It's just my opinion!
This isn't a copy of Call of Duty's crappy service to steal your money. You do realize there will be at least 3 map packs, yes? Which are usually $10 each? So you're technically just preordering the DLC. And the rest of the stuff that comes with this edition is basically free. Maybe read before you shove your foot so violently into your mouth next time.

Halo CE General Discussion » halo 4 limited edition. mmm yes May 17, 2012 12:30 PM (Total replies: 31)

If you notice, it's mostly just a bunch of extra crap for multiplayer, which makes me care even less about this game than I did before.

And to answer that question, you get the maps free as they come out, after the release. Not all at once at launch.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! May 16, 2012 03:16 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Played a50 the other day. Aside from it lagging me to hell and the snow making it near impossible to see, I had no issues. It was better inside the ship, but even with all of the settings turned all the way down, I still rarely got over 20fps. Definitely not optimized for older/lower-end graphics cards.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 waste of money May 16, 2012 03:09 PM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: Newbkilla
The only people complaining about gameplay with powerups are the people that suck at the game in general.
Or people who actually have their own opinion about things? "You don't like it, you must suck at it" has never been a good argument, and never will be.

As far as the topic question goes, you can't really say yet. If more gameplay comes out and you decide you don't like the look of it, cancel your preorder and rent it when it comes out. I for one am probably going to do that; it doesn't look all that interesting to me. Especially since Firefight has been cut, which is the only thing other than Forge that keeps me from selling Reach.

Halo CE General Discussion » Opinions on Halo 4? Apr 25, 2012 02:15 PM (Total replies: 150)

Quote: They must compete and appeal to the masses if Halo is to survive. Halo Reach's diminishing multiplayer attraction proved this.
So abandon everything that made it original in order to conform to the generic formula of modern gaming. That's a brilliant idea.

No. Reach's crap population was caused by it being so different from the others.

Are you saying that everyone started off even in Halo 2? You can say everyone starts off even technically speaking, but no, the only game to feature this concept was Halo 1 (arguably) and Halo 3 and even then it all comes down to skill. Halo Reach tackled the approach from a modern standpoint of giving people advantages from the get-go in an attempt to balance power shifts. Halo Reach, in other words, was over balanced, over equalized.
I think you misunderstood what I meant by "even playing field." Everyone spawns with the same weapons and capabilities in Halo 1-3. You have to find things on the map to help you gain an edge over your opponents. Being able to customize loadouts and starting weapons completely changes this. It makes it a totally different game.

Spartan-Ops.
A joke. A single, linear co-op mission that changes each week, not an insanely customizeable cooperative "survival" mode. It is nowhere near the same. You can't change it in any way, you can't share the ones you like with your friends. You can't even replay old ones, because when a new one comes in, the old one goes out. And they say they'll keep it going, but we all know that in a couple of years, they'll quit putting out new ones, and then you've got nothing.

Did you know that they're also changing major story events? Like humanity's past, for example, which they have completely rewritten. Instead of humanity evolving similarly to the Forerunners, and the Forerunners caring for them in a guardian-like way, as we know, 343 says instead that humanity was an advanced and warlike race, and the Forerunners attacked them and bombed them back into the stone age.

The game is already looking like an incredible disappointment in my eyes. I know I'm being a bit hypocritical, as I'll likely buy it anyway, simply because I'm a fan of the series, but as it stands, it does not look anywhere near good as the old ones. I have very little faith in 343.

Halo CE General Discussion » Opinions on Halo 4? Apr 20, 2012 08:48 AM (Total replies: 150)

The multiplayer also has customizeable classes that you have to buy weapons, cosmetics, and "abilities" for by leveling up in multiplayer. Just like Call of Duty, and every other generic multiplayer game released in the last five years. Halo's multiplayer has always been about everyone starting on an even playing field. Bungie threw that off in Reach with armor abilities available at spawn, but 343 seems to have totally thrown the concept out the window.

Also, Firefight has been ditched completely.

As I said, I do not have high hopes for this game.
Edited by Karrde on Apr 20, 2012 at 08:51 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Opinions on Halo 4? Apr 18, 2012 11:24 AM (Total replies: 150)

They have destroyed everything Halo's multiplayer stood for, and pulled more random Covenant out of their ass for the story. My expectations are rather low.

Time: Thu October 17, 2019 12:16 AM 422 ms.
A Halo Maps Website