A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Somone77
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 4, 2016 06:35 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 9001
What Games do you play: Halo CE,Half life, portal
-Passive Helper-      http://somone77.net

Post Statistics
Somone77 has contributed to 659 posts out of 461485 total posts (.14%) in 3,502 days (.19 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » So I found this website...... Jul 4, 2016 06:35 PM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
lol for some reason that website now redirects you back to the halomaps main site.

Because:
if(window.location.host.toLowerCase() !='forum.halomaps.org') {window.location='http://forum.halomaps.org'}

This site just scrapes the original site, so since Dennis added this, browsers will be redirected.

Halo CE General Discussion » There's no new maps in halomaps :/ Oct 4, 2015 12:18 AM (Total replies: 41)

Quote: --- Original message by: helldeath360
WOW i didn't know that he was so busy, i don't know if i wrote it right , anyway, i think , for i've read on the replies you right, Dennis should make a subpage , where we can upload our maps, and he should create a post to """"test""" to someone who knows about pages and all about related with it, and that one that he chose , he will be the one that upload the maps, :D , i don't think that be such complicated to upload maps, but if i could i would be glad to do it :D , after all, i'm singler and i have time :D

PD:((i'm not saying that i'm friki XD)

While maybe hard to understand, your idea is sound. Dennis has stated multiple times that it's against UBX's policy to allow any users administrative abilities on the website (preventing forum moderators), but I don't think this policy is violated if you implement a system where a group of 'trusted users' could vote up/down a map to decide if it is functional and can be passed to the site.

Something to consider, I suppose.

So, I couldn't help myself, I had to figure out what the answer was here, because I have no idea. I'm twice the age I was when I first downloaded this map so suffice to say I couldn't remember.

But, I had a way to find out. See back in those times we had a hard drive that was ~5GB in size, meaning I couldn't keep all my halo maps on the disk at the same time. So what to do?

Burn them to CD-Rs of course!

So I found the answer to the question on my disk labeled "Halo Maps 1"

Gulch2

It was a bloodgulch variant which took two copies of Blood gulch, one a slightly modified standard layout, and another in a winter theme.

Honorable mentions from "Halo Maps 1":
Ground Zero
Pipe Dream (Go go power rangers!)
Killa1 (this was 10 year old me's favorite map)
Castle 2 Castle
Snakes Room final
Mini-Stunt (I need to go play this one again tonight)

I was always a big fan of Eric Lamuthe's Area series:
Area52
Area53
Area54
Area55

A special shout-out to the map I made while trying to learn HEK: Base to Base beta

I think I have a nostalgia trip planned. See you on the other side.

Halo CE General Discussion » There's no new maps in halomaps :/ Sep 20, 2015 03:09 PM (Total replies: 41)

I should probably just let Dennis answer this, but eh.

Dennis tests and verifies maps that are submitted before they are made available for download. This process can take some time because, as I hope you can imagine, this process isn't exactly his highest priority.

He used to maintain a Twitter account (https://twitter.com/halocemaps) for communicating things like when maps were uploaded. I'm unsure if he still does or not, but the main thing is give it time.

You can try using Google by narrowing the site:

site:hce.halomaps.org brute

Halo CE General Discussion » Red Vs Blue Season 13 Nov 27, 2014 10:49 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: RabbitFood
Quote: --- Original message by: YSlayer12
What do you think will happen? Maine is coming back, we saw his helmet in post credits scene.

Maine is dead. They probably just found his armor, and will use it to create a new set.

And if it comes to light that he isn't dead, then it will be a terrible plot direction. He was a great 'bad guy' but don't overdo it. He's been the antagonist in 3-4 seasons, it's time for something new.

I think Season 12 was far better than Season 11 (in which almost nothing happened), though Season 13 may be promising. No one can deny, however, that the one episode in the past 5 seasons that Burnie wrote was by far the best since Reconstruction.

Halo CE General Discussion » I Need help Oct 24, 2014 10:27 AM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: STR
All i found so far is NAT N/A NAT Enabled

Ignore what is said above. Halo doesn't care about your 'nat type' (which if we're talking actual networking is a complete made up term). Even if it did, it's not a function you can change on your home router. It will work fine.

What version of CE is the server running?

Are you able to connect through direct IP?

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
That would be a 240Gig archive.

That's it? Really? I'm actually surprised that the hce archive is less than 1TB. Interesting. You wouldn't consider a paid snapshot download to be available, would you?

Halomaps.org is such a fun website for me personally because I first started browsing around it when I was 11, it's hard to believe that it's nearing 9 years later and I've changed so much and this place is exactly the same. I owe a lot to the CE community for getting me interested in subjects that put me on a path to a career, but none more than Dennis.

I've managed websites, big and small, lots of files, lots of members. Dennis does this all as a gift to the community. I'm amazed at his dedication over the years, I probably would have seen myself give up a dozen times over in his place.

So thanks, Dennis. Here's to many more years.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Key Recovery tool no longer usable? Jun 8, 2014 11:34 PM (Total replies: 8)

A system restore on windows may restore the registry entries. You could definitely try, provided you have one from a relatively recent date. IIRC system restores can bring back windows system files, programs that you've removed, personal files, and registry settings. So it's worth the try, otherwise Halo is still dirty cheep. You should be able to find a new copy somewhere.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Key Recovery tool no longer usable? Jun 8, 2014 04:10 PM (Total replies: 8)

When you uninstall Halo, Windows remove the registry entries associated with the game. This tool relies on a hash in the registry that it can derive the key from, and since you don't have that entry, this tool won't work.

If you can't find it, you're essentially out of luck.

EDIT: Here's a post describing the method that I assume Ghost's tool uses.
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=57316

Edited by Somone77 on Jun 8, 2014 at 04:11 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Linux Recommendations for running Halo CE? Apr 28, 2014 12:52 AM (Total replies: 4)

This will help you:
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?17146-Halo-on-Linux-The-Ultimate-Guide

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Glitch. Apr 21, 2014 12:50 AM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Only when you know when and where to use it. Indiscriminate use in a web forum shows a lack of maturity and self control, something we try to save you from.

I disagree, I think that a free and open medium without limits on what you can say provides for a more thorough discussion. Limiting users on what they can say, in my experience, has only resulted in complaints while the alternative is letting people say what they like, and letting the rest of the users shun them as needed. Perhaps if you do not want to allow profanity in the public forum, perhaps a private message is sent without limits. Anything offensive can surely be reported.

That said, it's your forum and I'm happy with the free service I get.
Edited by Somone77 on Apr 21, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Pack Feb 7, 2014 08:43 PM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: MantisGuy
It's been a long time and I can't remember whether the maps display in the server list if you don't already have them.

At the server list click "filters" and check the box to show custom maps.

Quote: --- Original message by: AlekosGR
You can't make our own server. It will probably (actually it's 100%) that it will lag horibly. The only way to do it, it's renting a server from the site mentioned above. If you want a profecional server, that's the way to do it. If you want it for just a game or two for 1v1 matches then dedicated server is propably ok.

No offense, but this is completely untrue.

It all depends on your Internet connection and what you have access to.

If you have a spare computer sitting around, it's more than powerful enough to host a Halo server, your primary bottleneck will be the network speed.

Last time I did some research about Halo PC servers (which was quite a few years ago, so numbers might be fuzzy) but hosting a server with 16 players required a connection speed of at least 5mbps up and down. This is well within the possibility of home networks these days. Do a speedtest and find out what you can hold.

If further depth to answer OP's question. Creating a dedicated server is completely free if yo have a computer sitting around and a connection to support it.

Now a'days people generally use modified dedicated server binaries like Gandanur. These have many features that aren't available in the vanilla dedicated server files. For most of this, you configure it all once (upload maps, set up votemap or mapcycles and turn the key) your biggest problem will be administrative. There are quite a few aimbots and the like floating around Halo so having people that will kick/ban those abusers from your server will set it apart from the others.

Googling will return everything you need. The articles PRPatxi linked are some of the best out there for describing setup of a dedicated server, but a lot of it is just experimenting and seeing what works, that's part of the fun anyway.

Hope this helps!
Edited by Somone77 on Jan 27, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Dedi not letting any joiners? Dec 21, 2013 08:26 PM (Total replies: 12)

Gandanur handles mapcycles differently than the regular HaloCE server. They are stored changes and all servers refer to the same file when starting. See the Manual

I think, since from what I see in the init, you're just doing one map, why not just have the server start on that map, it will persistently play that map and never change.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Dedi not letting any joiners? Dec 18, 2013 04:18 PM (Total replies: 12)

Gandanur is a dedicated server mod for Halo PC and CE, it has the option to disable CD key checking as well as a host of other features. Should solve your problem.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo UI Not Loading (Intel Graphics) Nov 12, 2013 10:40 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: Wavelength
Hey, this is actually the exact issue--down to the video driver and everything--that I have! I hope we figure out a solution for this... I'm not finding anything at all...

Unfortunately, your answer is, it won't work.

Sorry I never really updated this thread, but I tried for a while using different methods to emulate Hardware Transformation & Lighting, none of which are successful. The Intel 4k Chipset does not support it and Halo requires it to run. It's a hardware issue and won't be fixed with software.

While the Intel 4k Chipset runs games such as Borderlands 2 and Skyrim just fine, good ol' Halo from 1999 brings it to its knees.

Halo CE General Discussion » What would get YOU to play on a server? Oct 14, 2013 12:13 AM (Total replies: 33)

Good gametypes is a list I'd like to have. Let's assume further in this thread that the server will run a votemap of all the maps listed in Higuy's post and a few more. What gametypes should be assigned to what maps, etc.

Time: Sun March 26, 2017 10:47 AM 516 ms.
A Halo Maps Website