A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: SeanTheLawn
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 7, 2014 10:33 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo, Counter Strike: Source, Left 4 Dead, Half-Life Series

Post Statistics
SeanTheLawn has contributed to 326 posts out of 469495 total posts (.07%) in 4,478 days (.07 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Garden and Aquarii Feb 7, 2014 10:33 AM (Total replies: 69)

Would you mind putting the model up for download or messaging it to me? No promises because it's been a LOOOOONG time since I messed around with this stuff, but that seems like it would be incredibly easy to add simple animations to (basically just a move-front and turning animations). I'll be at a desk all day tomorrow with not much to do, so I might try to pass the time by messing around with animations or something.

Halo CE General Discussion » Garden and Aquarii Feb 6, 2014 11:24 PM (Total replies: 69)

Wow, those lights are incredible. Are the sharks animated at the moment? And if not, will they be at some point?

Halo CE General Discussion » Best maps of the last 2 years? Feb 6, 2014 11:22 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Horeb
You missed The Latino Mapper Revolution to.

I predicted that would happen back in like 2010. I'm glad you guys broke into the scene. Is HaloMexico down for good? That's kind of sad.

Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4
Sean the lawn do you want the fast zombie model?

No thanks, I don't think I'll be creating any new content for a while. I might try to find my old test maps and release them though.

Halo CE General Discussion » Best maps of the last 2 years? Feb 6, 2014 01:01 PM (Total replies: 11)

Thanks for the suggestions Mootjuh.

Quote: --- Original message by: PRPatxi
Dude I missed you a lot. :/

<3 I missed you too dawg. I left the Halo scene because I don't really have time for it anymore. Maybe I'll return for real one day.

Halo CE General Discussion » Best maps of the last 2 years? Feb 6, 2014 11:13 AM (Total replies: 11)

Hey guys, I haven't been on in a while, but I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a list of the best maps (single or multiplayer) that were released in 2012/2013? I run a teen program at work and I've been getting the kids interested in Halo CE again. I have a ton of older, popular maps but I'm not really up to date with what the community has been doing the last few years. Any help would be appreciated.

Halo CE General Discussion » Scripting Thread Nov 12, 2012 04:31 PM (Total replies: 244)

It's been a while since I modded so I might not be 100% correct on this, but if I remember correctly the magic_melee_attack command does work, but the normal player biped (cyborg) doesn't have a melee attack set up correctly for it to work (Might have been something to do with the animation type, JMA/JMR etc. Can't really remember). Using a hunter/elite/flood biped would work though. And yes, assuming you could make it sync, it would cause ALL players to melee, so it wouldn't be useful in a multiplayer environment.
Edited by SeanTheLawn on Nov 12, 2012 at 04:35 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Flashlight Function Help Dec 28, 2011 09:48 AM (Total replies: 7)

Sup, just looking for someone who has pretty basic knowledge of tag functions (A in, B out, etc). I haven't modded in a while and I'm looking through my tags for random stuff to release, so if you know enough about functions to get a flashlight working (like the campaign marines, toggle-able with scripts and such) add me on Xfire: SeanTheLawn

It's a ridiculously small biped release that'll probably go unnoticed but you'll get credit for helping and all that. Thanks in advance.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Sep 18, 2011 10:46 AM (Total replies: 8490)

Converting source to Halo is easy, just time-consuming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWAhuwPnoCY
Edited by SeanTheLawn on Sep 18, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. Aug 27, 2011 08:10 PM (Total replies: 1793)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan073
SEAN DA LAWN

Damn right

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Biped exporting help Aug 1, 2011 09:21 PM (Total replies: 16)

But if it's really just unweighted verts you'll save a ton of time and effort by just moving the skeleton a bit to locate the unweighted ones. JustSayin'.jpg
Edited by SeanTheLawn on Aug 1, 2011 at 09:22 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Biped exporting help Jul 31, 2011 06:38 PM (Total replies: 16)

The way I test for unweighted verts is by taking the skeleton and moving it; whatever parts get stretched are the parts with unweighted verts.

Halo CE General Discussion » Need Crit, Female Crew Member. (Pics too! ;D ) Jul 10, 2011 08:47 PM (Total replies: 89)

Well this got weird fast

Halo CE General Discussion » A message for OpsY Jul 10, 2011 08:30 PM (Total replies: 4)

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=privateMessageNew&messageTo=OpsY

Halo CE General Discussion » Custom Maps in Halo Trial? Jun 28, 2011 12:21 PM (Total replies: 9)

Yeah it's been around for years, before the release of Pearl though only a few people knew how to do it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Custom Maps in Halo Trial? Jun 28, 2011 11:55 AM (Total replies: 9)

http://www.halodemomods.com/wiki/Tools#Pearl

Try doing the following:

Go to Customize, then Preferences, then in the MAXScript tab, increase the "Initial heap allocation (Mbytes)" to like 100 or so.

Worked for me once.

EDIT: Also, L2 crop
Edited by SeanTheLawn on May 26, 2011 at 03:11 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Regions :'( May 26, 2011 03:05 PM (Total replies: 3)

Posted by KiLLa back in like '06

Halo CE General Discussion » Youtube May 24, 2011 12:33 PM (Total replies: 22)

I've got this one: http://www.youtube.com/user/seanthelawn

Which is my main Youtube channel that I use for Halo-related things, and I also made this one a while back: http://www.youtube.com/user/HaloVideoTutorials

Which is a compilation of most (if not all) of the video tutorials on HaloMaps. It also includes some other random tutorials such as the Beretta 9000 modelling tutorial.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] May 23, 2011 11:38 AM (Total replies: 8490)

Why not use one of the lower LODs so that everything runs better?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Biped exporting help May 22, 2011 11:07 AM (Total replies: 16)

Bumping this because I have the same error:

Quote: --- Original message by: Max Error
-- Runtime error: Exceeded the vertex weight list countSkin:Skin

Just recently got back into modding a week or two ago, so I'm probably just forgetting something simple. Anyone know what the problem is?

EDIT: Other info: I was using TheGhost/CAD's JMS exporter (v 1.03 I think) to export the model when I got this error.
Edited by SeanTheLawn on May 22, 2011 at 12:00 PM

EDIT2: Advancebo has saved the day. There were unweighted verts on the model. Problem solved.
Edited by SeanTheLawn on May 22, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Time: Sat December 7, 2019 10:13 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website