A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ChocolateNugget
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 8, 2013 02:44 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 17
What Games do you play: Halo, Half Life series, TF2, Battlefield series, Enemy Territory
im your #1 fan !!

Post Statistics
ChocolateNugget has contributed to 1858 posts out of 461543 total posts (.40%) in 3,469 days (.54 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Wow, good to see this finally released. How many years has it been now? Impressive, guys. I still think about the work we did on H3MT all the time. Keep on doing what you're doing guys. It's good work.
Edited by ChocolateNugget on Sep 8, 2013 at 02:44 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Galaxy of Combat Mar 28, 2012 12:41 AM (Total replies: 110)

No game worth it's salt should be "pay-to-win."

Halo CE General Discussion » HALPSZZ!!!111ONE!!11 Mar 4, 2012 03:26 PM (Total replies: 4)

First off your title is nondescript and immature.

Secondly, reinstall those maps making sure you don't have any others by the same name. Also exit xfire if you're using Open Sauce.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 23, 2012 01:58 AM (Total replies: 11211)

Quote: --- Original message by: Cheddars

hey guys i was doing this as a scenery project but need some crit on these textures
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1152/diffusecopy.jpg
diffuse 1
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7448/specularcopy.jpg
spec
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1152/diffusecopy.jpg
diffuse 2

the question is should i just keep diffuse 1 or use diffuse 2 because it already has the detail in the specular map?

Diffuse 1 looks like you took Diffuse 2 and overlayed a base scratch texture. Diffuse 2 is just base colors, where's the detail? Try making some edge scratches or at least something instead of doing it lazily.

i wrote jack kennedy on some of them to prove they are mine to someone and can be easily removed since its another layer
Edited by Cheddars on Feb 23, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Feb 10, 2012 02:19 PM (Total replies: 14952)

You shouldn't need 2048 for textures in Halo. 1024 is a much better option.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapon Concept Art Feb 3, 2012 08:23 PM (Total replies: 165)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
oh hai everyone. hows it goin.

These are some really cool concepts. i would love to see them in halo, apart from the super duper level of detail (its just to awesome for teh halo CE).

Nice. youve got some skillz.

1. Yeah, they're amazingly cool concepts and I too would love to seem them in Halo.
2. 1 word/title : OpenSauce
3. Yeah, he's got some skillz. :)

[Editer Note: Oops, I put 1 in 2 two different forms. xD]

E2: Btw, you should post that AR concept on the CMT forum on Halomods. They could take some hints from your design. ;)
Edited by Jaz on Feb 3, 2012 at 05:22 PM

The CMT AR is finalized and won't be changing.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Feb 3, 2012 08:15 PM (Total replies: 11908)

We don't have finished/good marine models. Those are just dead ODSTs.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapon Concept Art Feb 3, 2012 05:02 AM (Total replies: 165)

They're decent, but kind of a clusterbunk of weird detail.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Jan 25, 2012 12:17 AM (Total replies: 8445)

Man, with OS, I think Halo 1 modding might just have a good future ahead.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 22, 2012 12:37 PM (Total replies: 11908)

Quote: --- Original message by: Altheros
Soo..... Are you guys going to only remake A50? Or remake the entire Halo 1 Campaign list. Do we get to wield energy swords and not detonate when it falls?

Are there going to have CMT Gravity Hammers? Since there is a Brute Chieften.... Are you guys going to leave the map protected?

What do Cpt. Keyes will look like? Same Halo 1? or Custom. Does the bipeds get new dialogs? Are guys going to extend the bsp on A50.

Are you guys going to have dual fp permutations.

What would those grunts look like ( Imagining )

We're remaking the entire campaign, A50 is just a demo map.

No. Energy swords will still detonate. There will also be no gravity hammers.

The grunts will look like mean little a-holes. You'll see them soon.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 17, 2012 08:09 PM (Total replies: 14952)

Quote: --- Original message by: Shockwave
Idiots. You work only on CE, just for the hobby. But do you have really work in a 3D company ? No ? Me, yeah.
So, if I say that Maya is more used, that's the case.

Uh, yeah. I have worked in a 3D Company, and of course I only work on CE because it's my hobby. Just like modding Source and Unreal modding is also my hobby.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 16, 2012 08:02 PM (Total replies: 14952)

Yeah, Maya is more used now. Today, societies want skills principally in Maya, 3ds Max is just a plus.
I was like you, starting on Max thanks to Halo. But since I use Maya in my school, I love it. And now I feel Max so... poor. So, don't use Blender or Gmax (noob software), choose Maya or 3ds Max. If that's just for Halo, use Max. But if you really want learn 3D, use Maya.

Also wrong; it's up to the modeler to decide what to use. I've been modeling for years (not just for Halo) and I prefer 3ds Max over Maya. Also stop saying societies unless you know what it means. lol

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 16, 2012 06:35 PM (Total replies: 11908)

That was a weapon we were testing out.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 16, 2012 02:28 PM (Total replies: 14952)

Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
There many programs. The most popular is 3ds Max, but personally, in my school, we learn with Maya, because much societies use Maya.

Maya is more for film tbqh, 3ds max imo is better for game modelling. None are better really though, it's down to what you learn first and prefer to use. I have herd artists say they prefer max over maya even though they have used both.

I personally have not used Maya (properly) so my opinion is biased, but I did attempt to and did not like it at all. Game Studios will probably allow you to use either tbh as they both do the same job.

That is not true, many game studios use Maya. Valve, for instance, is a great example.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Bloodlock Jan 16, 2012 01:04 AM (Total replies: 45)

Looks like it might end up with a lot of camping from the large side of the map. Either make the smaller area larger or add some larger ways out.

Halo CE General Discussion » bungie's next game Jan 13, 2012 02:36 AM (Total replies: 35)

Halo 4, 5, and 6 have already been announced and are being made by 343 Studios. Bungie can no longer make any more Halo games as they have finished their partnership with Microsoft, but that doesn't mean they've stopped all together.
Edited by ChocolateNugget on Jan 13, 2012 at 02:36 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 12, 2012 10:20 PM (Total replies: 11908)

stop asking.
Edited by ChocolateNugget on Jan 12, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 12, 2012 09:26 PM (Total replies: 14952)

Looks like you just extruded and beveled parts of the Halo 1/Halo 3 plasma pistols. Try modeling one on your own, then it will be worth criticism.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 12, 2012 08:41 PM (Total replies: 14952)

I would suggest using something other than facebook to show off your work. Try photobucket or imageshack.

Halo CE General Discussion » You know whats crazy.... Jan 12, 2012 02:41 PM (Total replies: 26)

I just miss when people played maps other than Bloodgulch.

Time: Tue March 28, 2017 3:32 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website