A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: The Barron
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 30, 2013 03:31 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: First Person Shooters and Third Person Shooters
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Post Statistics
The Barron has contributed to 615 posts out of 463337 total posts (.13%) in 3,543 days (.17 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
General Machinima Discussions » We're backkkk(: New members wanted! Dec 30, 2013 03:31 AM (Total replies: 15)

Yeah totally understood, no offense taken.

In all honesty, this is the direction i am heading for http://devblogahoy.tumblr.com/

Don't know if you are familiar with xbox ahoy but that level is minimalism is something i like. I hate "copying" somebody but i just love the style alot. I've seen some of the past ce3's and i liked that as well dude! Really great work! What programs do you use?

General Machinima Discussions » We're backkkk(: New members wanted! Dec 29, 2013 02:45 AM (Total replies: 15)

I did, its only slightly more "glowy" than the ingame text now.

Also i like your critique, so tell me what you think about this:
http://youtu.be/cXo8DcFdewo
Edited by The Barron on Dec 29, 2013 at 02:56 AM

So being that there isn't much being posted here, i decided there should be a topic for people to post their old and new works. Whether its just a concept or an actual work in progress, feel free to post on here!

Am sure many here also do work in photoshop, as it is kinda needed for certain elements when working with CE. As such, feel free to post any sort of art work as well.

Constructive criticism is welcome! I personally will be trying to add to this topic several times a week, and would love to hear the opinions of others! So without further ado, lets begin!

Here i am just going for a minimalist design. Using Eurostile and Gotham i made these pictures. I've always loved minimalist art styles so it really comes out in a lot of my work and life.

Next time i will try to go for a Magazine type style!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday Dec. 26th

I've been having a lot of fun playing a survival game called Rust recently. Its available on steam and i already have 30+ hours on it. Anyways, a random thought came to me for a short 5-10 minute video to make for beginners. A "how to" video to get people started and on their way in the game.

If I have time and don't suffer from too much lag using dxtory, i might do some filming later this week.
(Update) animated it and added some "Walking Dead" music in there. Enjoy http://youtu.be/cXo8DcFdewo

Also for you coffee lovers, here you go!

Edited by The Barron on Dec 26, 2013 at 11:53 PM

General Machinima Discussions » We're backkkk(: New members wanted! Oct 9, 2013 02:16 PM (Total replies: 15)

1) Kerning should not be an issue as this will be played back at 720p and with a fog/smoke effect
2) Nice catch on the overhang! I will probably add overhang to both sides.
3) "Overview" will stay as is unless you have any better suggestions? Trying to replicate this as closely as possible.

4)This has nothing to do with ce, thats why in the post above yours i said i may or may not make a thread dedicated to works done outside of ce.

Thanks for the tips! Especially the overhang, would not have caught that!

General Machinima Discussions » We're backkkk(: New members wanted! Sep 30, 2013 08:53 PM (Total replies: 15)

Holy crap people posted here? Lol

Well i've gone solo, but heres what i am currently working on. Might just start a thread to post screen shots and get opinions from people

Edited by The Barron on Sep 30, 2013 at 09:00 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 30, 2013 02:54 PM (Total replies: 11968)

Well, for the most part i am but that doesn't mean i wont want to check back every so often and see how things are going here in the community. This was the first forum i was ever a part of, how could i just ditch it completely?:)
Masterz had me beta test for a while a few months back but with school and then college i couldn't really stay ontop of that.

I dont get on live much since i dont have a xbox, but i will be getting the xbox one eventually for destiny:)
Edited by The Barron on Sep 30, 2013 at 02:56 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 30, 2013 02:08 PM (Total replies: 11968)

So i found this in my hard drive if anyone from cmt or just anyone in general wants it for videos.

http://youtu.be/_q-B_FlpV1c
I never got around to finishing it. For those who want the aae file, its down below
http://ge.tt/5uEaNSt/v/0?c

Great to see the community is still alive as ever.

cant do the energy sword or hammer properly, at least last time i remember it was rather difficult to incorporate into halo ce.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 11, 2012 12:13 AM (Total replies: 11968)

Quote: --- Original message by: ODST_Nick
Just imagine if everyone stopped posting pointless posts on this thread; how much work everyone could get done without checking this post periodically to continue the cycle of pointless posts. Just think how many people will be happy with excellent projects completed FASTER!

well im pretty confident regardless of who posts here cmt is doing their work on something else like aim messenger or something so...

Regardless, this is all pretty ridiculous haha! Someones going to post work and then everyone will return to talking on subject. (The Scientific Cycle of Forum Posts)

Well i was asking about the people here on halomaps, so yeah seems like people here only care for singleplayer.

The fact is ever since halo 2 its been aimed at multiplayer. Thats what gives a game replay value is playing with your friends. I feel multiplayer enough is what should drive someone to buy a game (unless we are talking assassins creed or splinter cell) . Story is just the cherry ontop. 343 could have released a multiplayer only game and most people would still have bought it. I feel competitive multiplayer is where its at, and thats where 343 excelled at.

The campaign could have been master chief goes to Disneyland with cortana and i wouldn't care as long as the competitive multiplayer is spectacular, which i think it is in this game. Dont get me wrong, its nice and all that they have a story going for them but i've been doing lan parties and multiplayer since halo 1, i feel the majority of the game lies in multiplayer.

As far as halo ce goes for me? I only play it for the new modified campaigns it has. Net code sucks and multiplayer is only good for lan parties. The day they make no "bullet lag" for pc is the day i click "multiplayer" on my halo ce game.
Edited by The Barron on Nov 11, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I feel most people here are playing for the campaign rather then multiplayer?

I'll see if i can find a way to post some gameplay... kind of hope 343 is doing that "download clip file" feature that bungie did so i dont need a capture card

And i noticed someone here watches InuYasha<3
Edited by The Barron on Nov 9, 2012 at 06:54 PM

Seems like everyone here is more concerned with campaign then multiplayer to be honest.

Those who play it for campaign... yeah i can see you guys being disapointed, thats understandable.

The multiplayer is really good though if i do say so myself. Quiet frankly on the multiplayer side (which is the only reason i play the game) I think its the best halo to date.

Like i said though, campaign is a whole different can of soup.

also @killzone64 i think its CPU speed rather then GPU to be honest. I get like 60 fps (though i chose to play at 30 for the fact that these games were designed for 30; i.e. audio glitches)
Edited by The Barron on Nov 9, 2012 at 05:51 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
The game also had some other issues though, like even the controls for the Banshee

Yeah i had a similar problem while playing multiplayer with the banshee. As far as campaign goes (haven't beaten it yet) whether i like it or not isn't a game breaker for me, im just in it for the competitive multiplayer. I enjoy the campaign mods i play on ce to be quiet honest and thats what ce is for in my opinion. I just wish halo 4's ranking system was a bit more refined, more similar to halo 3's.

Quote: --- Original message by: P3
And they made the elites alot less agile looking

Elites i'd have to say are definitely agile, at least on legendary haha! I just wish the Promethean knights weren't bullet sponges as Higuy stated. I literally sprayed one with the suppressor and it just would not go down!
Edited by The Barron on Nov 7, 2012 at 09:11 PM

Set your fears aside, having come all the way from halo 1 ,and ce obviously, to halo 4... i think i can safely say halo 4 is one of, if not, the best halo game to have been released.

Went ahead and go it yesterday, had a blast! The campaign is a lot of fun, spartan ops is really in-depth and fun with friends and the best part...

competitive multiplayer is back! Already had a match against another clan on the vahalla remake and it was amazing! Anyone who doubts this game really shouldn't have anything to fear. 343 did i fantastic job with this!

Haven't gotten around to trying out forge mode but i cant wait to see what users make.

As far as the things i wish i had seen or anything less then satisfying:
-I don't like the direction they took with the sound. Its not game breaking at all but it could have been more halo style; just try the plasma pistol.
-No Bungie/343 favorites like from halo 3? Haven't really looked to much so i could be wrong on this

Now... i figure some people might be interested in making textures from halo 4... maybe model some weapons, ect. I can send pictures of ingame if anyone would like, just message me.

Anyone else have the same experience with the game here? Loved it<3

General Machinima Discussions » We're backkkk(: New members wanted! Aug 25, 2012 12:08 AM (Total replies: 15)

sure! whats your skype? Feel free to pm me it to if you choose!

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. Aug 22, 2012 05:20 AM (Total replies: 1793)

shock wave would be amazing <3 just a realistic looking nuke in general.

General Machinima Discussions » We're backkkk(: New members wanted! Aug 22, 2012 12:45 AM (Total replies: 15)

Hey guys! Long time no see, and im glad to be back in the CE community! I've upgraded my computers specs immensely versus the last time i was here 2 or 3 years ago so filming should be a breeze(:

I'm looking particularly for creative minds who wouldnt mind getting together on Xfire or Skype every other weekend.

With that being said, I do want to see people who can deliver or contribute at a suitable level to the team, but this shouldn't be over-kill. We just do what we love doing with our spare time which is make films and movies(: With school starting up soon i dont want to limit people and if anything were to come up, then that's perfectly understandable! If you like to play sports or attend parties such as I, or maybe you want to spend time with the family im okay with that(: Whenever you have time though just show up, ask me or other members on what needs to be done, do it, and there you go! You will receive credit for all work done in the videos! Plus its fun!(:

While i am majorly considering spanning out to other games such as Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, and so forth, i want to have an influence here on this tight-nit community as well. That being said though, if you feel you would want to expand outwards to other games with me feel free to do so, or just stick with halo!

In my "halo ce idea", particularly, I'm looking at doing information/news styled videos interviewing new and also relevant map makers in the community and doing map reviews and possibly highlights of "kill feed videos" from the community as well as a Q and A section.

Well enough of that, lets talk about qualifications and what to expect.

Myself:
4 Years Adobe After Effects experience
3 years Adobe Photoshop experience
6 years editing experience.

Current members:
Arcane0sin
@zym@n300
Me

What we are looking for:
Creative mind, intellectually sharp. (Though this tends not to have a number set next to it, I'd prefer people 14+, but i am willing to make exceptions.)
Adobe Illustrator experience
3D modeling experience (for the purpose of making 3d text, props, so forth in video format or exportable to AAE)
Someone with an "empowering voice". More specifically, British, Scottish, or an Aussie.

Other things that help/look good:
Any adobe experience (something from the adobe suite)
Experience with other filming teams
previous works
maturity
creativity

I will be checking back on this at a rate dependent of the number of views/posts this topic gets. Be sure to leave your contact information or PM me it! xfire/skype name preferably! Email works to!

And remember, the second most important thing to us is professionalism, but above all else, number one is having fun and doing what you love!(:

Edited by The Barron on Aug 22, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 21, 2011 02:26 AM (Total replies: 11968)

I think animated assassinations would be cool, but it would be very time consuming and i can imagine painstaking glitches with that....

Will there be an updated biped/textures for Captain Keys? Would kinda seem off to have all these "updated graphics" in a sense, and have captain keys the same as always.

Halo CE General Discussion » Official TM - CMT - Community Gamenight Dec 21, 2011 02:20 AM (Total replies: 140)

Well I say we play something most people will agree on (halo 3) and then possibly split into smaller groups to play different games later on like GOW, Reach, BF3, MW3, ect.

Time: Sun June 25, 2017 6:21 PM 641 ms.
A Halo Maps Website