A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Hawkeye
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 4, 2009 11:11 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo CE(duh), Battlefield 2, Halo trilogy(except 4 H3) and flight simulators
The original Hawkeye. (Now A-10 Hog)

Post Statistics
Hawkeye has contributed to 33 posts out of 469466 total posts (.01%) in 4,382 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Aug 4, 2009 11:11 PM (Total replies: 3743)

Dont flame me just for asking this, but whats a DDoSer? and DDoS in general?

Halo CE General Discussion » Is it possible?.... Jul 27, 2009 09:09 PM (Total replies: 3)

I know windows are possible, but as i said this will be a covenant ship and it would look stupid to have a window going from the center of the ship to the very edge (remember, it'll be draco sized

Halo CE General Discussion » Is it possible?.... Jul 27, 2009 08:27 PM (Total replies: 3)

As a personal project of my own, i have decided to attempt to make a fair-looking covenant aircraft that is similair to the Draco. However, i dont want it to have a view port right at the front of the ship where the pilot has to be. I'm going to make it slightly canon so the pilot is in the center with most other useful seats around him.

What I really want to know is this: is it possible to make it so you have view screens that show the outside of the ship as if there was a window leading to the outside of the ship there?

(Note: i dont care if you think that the draco is the worst vehicle u guys have ever seen, complain about it somewhere else)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Jul 23, 2009 04:12 PM (Total replies: 3743)

hows the cockpit of the hawk going to work when you get in? is it gonna just flip down like a banshees'? or is it gonna slide back like the Kestrel?

Btw, I love everything i see in that pic.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Mombasa Firefight (WIP) Jul 20, 2009 01:56 PM (Total replies: 298)

Didn't know that he is/was a CMT member.

I guess the entire city is a bit too big for a non-story based level. I don't know how much you were gonna cut out of it though, so i only had my experience of New Mombassa-based levels (the most of which are pretty huge). Still it'd be nice if you could experience different scenarios against the covenant.

Also, please don't put additional spartans, they'd be a horrible addition, due to the fact that the player would probably let 5-8 marines die just to help out one AI spartan who could probably save himself anyways.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Mombasa Firefight (WIP) Jul 19, 2009 09:23 PM (Total replies: 298)

i think hijacking would be too hard to now add it in. unless some CMT member wanted to help him (unlikely to due schedules with SPv2 + they have lives too ya know). you never know i might be wrong.

Also, would there be more than one battle going on in the city like a group of marines in one part of the city, another battle group in the other. This would be nice to have so you could experience different types of battles like infantry v. infantry, Vehc v. Vehc, Humans v. air raid, etc.
Edited by Hawkeye on Jul 19, 2009 at 09:23 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Jul 19, 2009 09:18 PM (Total replies: 3743)

Arteen should put up a giant roadwork sign on the loading bsps:

ARTEEN AT WORK! surrounded by caution tape

Still i like the wall of Arteenieness

Halo CE General Discussion » New Mombasa Firefight (WIP) Jul 16, 2009 05:58 PM (Total replies: 298)

so in this mod will the vehicles be destroyable? Both Covenant and human?
I was hoping that this way you couldnt just go on a invincable warthog joyride and never get killed.

Also, will the human drivers drive along the road? or will they be everywhere?

Edited by Hawkeye on Jul 16, 2009 at 06:00 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » New Mombasa Firefight (WIP) Jul 14, 2009 11:21 AM (Total replies: 298)

so if you have even a semi old PC, you should be okay as long as you have some upgraded graphics cards and such.

Also, Lod3x, have you taught the marines how to fight as if they were a real fighting force and not like the morons from Alien 2? for example, do they know how to use cover and retreat when its obvious they should? I mean its no use buffing them up if you have to use yourself as a human shield because they constantly go in the middle of No mans land and fire at the largest contingent.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Jul 1, 2009 07:18 PM (Total replies: 3743)

Im pretty sure they're gonna leave that as a surprise Segway.

Wouldn't want to ruin the fun, now would you?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Jun 16, 2009 09:46 PM (Total replies: 3743)

Two Things:

1) Which type of pistol is CMT implementing in SPv2? The Halo 1 God-Machine? or the Halo2/3 realistically weakened pistol?

2) Has CMT solved the problem where if you used the custom UI to play Campaign, You weren't able to save checkpoints and had to finish an entire level in one sitting?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread May 26, 2009 04:14 PM (Total replies: 3743)

I'm surprised no one has asked about this yet, but are all the SPv1 turrets like the needler-T and the wraith-T/shade-T being replaced by the halo 2 like turrets. sorry if this already has been said, but i searched the whole Thread and i didnt see it.

Halo CE General Discussion » AI drop off Apr 2, 2009 08:36 PM (Total replies: 21)

Quote: --- Original message by: Megaguirus
Quote: --- Original message by: ymt
Quote: --- Original message by: Gakatako
just trying an idea on to eliminate spawn kills. even better i think there should be 2 bases floating and blocked. each team, has there own. to enter the map below you, you must enter a portal to all the spawnpoints on the map. but when your out... YOUR OUT!
i no how 2 make the floatibg bases and spawn players when they join in them,firstopen the map up in sparkedit,select the base,duplicate it,and place it floating in the sky,to have ppl spawn in it just select a couple player spawns and move them onto the base, =D

its easier in sapien

anyway isn't that basicly what they did in coldsnap

Yes, it is

Halo CE General Discussion » RPG_Beta6 Released Apr 2, 2009 08:26 PM (Total replies: 106)

Quote: --- Original message by: OpsY
Quote: --- Original message by: Hawkeye
By the way, what happened to the CoQ? It was like your trademark... like Opsy Juice. lol

Lag constraint and time constraint had be leave the CoQ out. If I had added it in it's latest form it would have added too many polys and I'm already not satisfied with the CoQ's look in RPG5 so I would have needed time to scale it properly, make it more enjoyable and less ''endless walk of shame''

as for the juice thing, it's been around for a while, I'd say ever since the Condor LMT from RPG4 but we didn't have a chance to use it anywhere

Sorry for the mix-up, I was only wondering where the CoQ was, I already found the Opsy Juice in the cafeteria so i don't know why you said you didnt use it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Apr 2, 2009 07:58 PM (Total replies: 4974)

u said u had trouble on making the canopy. My advice would be to make it more angular. Thin it out to the front.
Question: what'll be it's main purpose? Interceptor, multi-role, ground attack fighter, or troop transport, etc.
Edited by Hawkeye on Apr 2, 2009 at 08:07 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » RPG_Beta6 Released Mar 31, 2009 08:46 PM (Total replies: 106)

By the way, what happened to the CoQ? It was like your trademark... like Opsy Juice. lol

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Mar 31, 2009 07:59 PM (Total replies: 4974)

Bo: I'm looking forward to it.

Geared: I would recommend adding something to the back to pinch off the design. It sort of looks like a flying box. Or, if you want to make it a troop transport, keep the back like a box but add a slight overhang, "to protect the troops" (and make it look good).

Another thing I think you could do is extend the ceiling a little bit foward and make the cockpit a little bit smaller unless it has a copilot/gunner seat beside the pilot.

Give me details on what you want it to be and maybe I could toss a couple more ideas your way.

Halo CE General Discussion » Official Vehicle Request Mar 31, 2009 07:33 PM (Total replies: 0)

Consider this my official request for any vehicle designers looking for something to do. As I don't know much about making a vehicle, I will only burden you with 3 requirements:

1. It has to be able to contain players in all of the seats, with passenger seats being first person.

2. It has to move at a speed fast enough to simulate free falling.

3. It must be based off the Bumble Bee platform (this means no Weapons!)

(Optional request: could you please format the controls for piloting the aircraft so that forward=falling speed and backwards=reverse thruster speed (pressing back will make the fins pop out and the reverse thrusters activate.)

Please contact me if you are interested.

Halo CE General Discussion » RPG_Beta6 Released Mar 31, 2009 07:07 PM (Total replies: 106)

Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
^ No do not make the base smaller its perfect the way it is.

But any way can any one mod this map or is it protected.

Cause i had some ideas to make it cooler, like sit down in seats where you can't like on ship in crater or cafetaria tables.

It's protected. not anyone can mod it

Halo CE General Discussion » RPG_Beta6 Released Mar 31, 2009 07:03 PM (Total replies: 106)

it's protected

Time: Thu November 21, 2019 10:46 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website