A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: DarkZealot
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 25, 2010 08:51 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 16
What Games do you play: Halo 2, Halo 3, BF2, Call of Duty, GTA. Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Time management: 40% Xbox, 30% PC, 30% Skating
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
DarkZealot has contributed to 2412 posts out of 464843 total posts (.52%) in 3,636 days (.66 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

The only ideas that wouldn't seem to work are a slipspace drive and a hologram projector.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Custom animation syncronization Sep 19, 2010 10:28 PM (Total replies: 70)

Elaborate how it is possible to script the biped sync method with an animation frame number. I don't see how that works at all.

Halo CE General Discussion » Extreme Haitus, and even so I'd say I'm back Sep 18, 2010 11:13 PM (Total replies: 29)

Thanks for all the wbs. Appreciated. <3

Unfortunately, I'm almost bone dead with ideas of something to work on. I wanted to do some sort of SP level with my AI vehicle tags that I found on a flash drive near my computer. The problem is I have no idea which BSP to use (me modeling one will make you cry).

If anyone wants to help me, hit me up on Xfire... TOMORROW. When I'll be able to read messages on my laptop lol.

Halo CE General Discussion » Extreme Haitus, and even so I'd say I'm back Sep 17, 2010 11:12 PM (Total replies: 29)

So my question is, what did I miss? I don't want to spend too much time reading the countless posts over and over again. The last news I heard was something about old SPV2 levels I couldn't even play.

But that was then, and this is now. While this PC may not offer the best performance, I decided to start again with custom edition, even though I'd be starting from scratch. I remember nearly all the script commands, and I'd be happy to write up a script for anyone to test my knowledge (understand that I won't spend too much time working on it in an hour - I have serious ADD issues) or give me a map to mod. I don't know exactly, I'm bored, and want a challenge that doesn't involve me attempting again to model in 3ds max where after 5 minutes I lose interest.

Oh and Gamma927, you remember me? :p (as Well as Mythril and UnevenElefant) I missed you guys. lol

(PS: If you don't know who I am, I'm the guy who made the Elite MP tags and that's pretty much all I'm known for... sadly.)

Halo CE General Discussion » Privacy May 26, 2010 06:52 AM (Total replies: 32)

No, you can't be hacked by it. It only lists the directory of the PC using the application, not someone elses.

Halo CE General Discussion » post pics of your hunters here May 22, 2010 09:13 AM (Total replies: 33)

Make a multipurpose map and then set the color change properties in the biped. Don't ask how, I just know how it's done.

Halo CE General Discussion » Single Player Maps May 22, 2010 09:11 AM (Total replies: 74)

@Lodex: It really shows how mature you are when you send a PM with the title "get DOMINATED you FAT person Also, you are an IDIOT ".

And FYI, I'm NOT fat. I weight 123 LBs, I'm 5 ft 9, and I'm 16 years old. You think that is fat? Because it isn't.

Also, I would like to know how I got dominated as you said in your PM. At least I post a mature response, and you post some bull crap nonsense.

Halo CE General Discussion » Single Player Maps May 21, 2010 10:58 PM (Total replies: 74)

Quote: --- Original message by: L0d3x
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
i was just stating the obvious.

The only thing that you are stating, repeatedly, is that you are the most idiotic person on this forum.

Sorta like you are the most dousche-baggish person too? You constantly start flame wars. Then again, you are from some small random European country.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Hud Messages will not compile. May 21, 2010 10:50 PM (Total replies: 39)

While your script looks fairly correct, you CANNOT call functions that are below the calling one. Example:

(script startup wave0
{Wave0JuicyStuffHere}
(wake wave1)
)

(script dormant wave1
{Wave1JuicyStuffHere}
)

No, you'd have to reverse it like this:

(script dormant wave1
{Wave1JuicyStuffHere}
)
(script startup wave0
{Wave0JuicyStuffHere}
(wake wave1)
)

As for your HUD messages, you did save as a unicode file type right?
Edited by DarkZealot on May 21, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » ai errors P.S. QUIT IGNORING ME May 21, 2010 04:09 PM (Total replies: 7)

Make sure the biped animations allow it to use the weapon label you set on the Carbine. If it's the default Elite, it probably isn't set up right.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Hud Messages will not compile. May 21, 2010 09:52 AM (Total replies: 39)

Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn
On topic please.
I STILL can't get it to work. I might just remove the hud messages.

Read my last post, and if you're too lazy to:

Post your HUD Messages.hmt and mission script here for us to look at.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Hud Messages will not compile. May 20, 2010 06:47 AM (Total replies: 39)

Post your script / hud messages.hmt? I dunno, something in one of those files isn't right.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Hud Messages will not compile. May 19, 2010 10:23 PM (Total replies: 39)

I had this once, so I'll explain how I fixed it. Make sure that in your script it names a REAL hud message. I had obj1 in my script, but a typo led to it being compiled as obf1.

I started modding at 11 (Now 16), though CE modding is something that requires a lot of patience. Half of the time is usually spent fixing errors and crap then making the mod. The CE engine is nit-picky. I would imagine you'd have to probably monitor him (like my brother who's 14) sometimes because yeah, it can be frustrating.

And 3d modeling I really won't say. I have ADD so I cannot focus for more than 10 minutes using that program. I'd say if other people could do it when they are younger than me, then he could too.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Aero May 17, 2010 10:37 PM (Total replies: 232)

Uhh, most of the sites that do benchmarking tests that test PCs capabilities of running certain games say I can't.

Then again, it says I CAN run Armed Assault, but my FPS at that game never goes above 12.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Low FPS in Multi but High in SP? WTF!?!? May 17, 2010 10:32 PM (Total replies: 9)

Is it persistant? Or does it just happen at random intervals?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Aero May 17, 2010 10:23 PM (Total replies: 232)

So yeah, using ripped models? Is it cool? It's called an OPINION. On this forum, your opinion doesn't mean anything to anyone. On other forums, yeah, it might.

So if you hate it, DON'T COMPLAIN. Because chances are, they don't care. They are not gonna stop, so pestering them is going to clog the thread. If you don't like someone using ripped models, don't post. All you're going to do is spark a war like this, which leads to (does it lead to anything?) chaos. Higuy, if you can make custom models that's great, but you know, some of us actually would not like to spend hours-on-end working in a program instead of doing something else more entertaining. If you think modeling is fun, then you should be glad you don't have ADD like me.

[On-Topic Below]

If I ever had a PC that was capable of running Crysis I would so check this out, but right now my 10 year old PC is going...

Strong?

So yeah, laugh at my rig, and tell me what your guess would be of a framerate running Crysis.

Manufacturer:  	
Dell Computer Corporation
Processor:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
Memory:
1024MB RAM
Hard Drive:
59 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Monitor:
Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card:
Creative SB Live! Series
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard:
USB Root Hub
Mouse:
USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System:
Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.080814-1233)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach Discussion May 6, 2010 09:42 PM (Total replies: 317)

FYI, the Spartan armor effect is what every noob's dream was in Halo 3, and that is...

OMG MY HEAD IS ON FIREEEEEEEEE

Halo CE General Discussion » Sync AI in Multiplayer [WIP] May 2, 2010 09:55 PM (Total replies: 113)

Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
atheists

lol

Hey buddy. Watch where you're going with that.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach Discussion Apr 30, 2010 10:18 PM (Total replies: 317)

What happened here?

All I can say to this one is they made the animations like that on purpose. :|

Time: Thu December 14, 2017 7:27 PM 391 ms.
A Halo Maps Website