A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: sierra117
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 17, 2012 03:01 AM
Location: Over there, by the place, next to the other thing, where that person is.
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
If sex is good exercise, why are there fat sluts?

Post Statistics
sierra117 has contributed to 1711 posts out of 469499 total posts (.36%) in 4,351 days (.39 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: afD2345

(player_enable_input false) == the player can't move, but can freely look.
Edited by afD2345 on Aug 16, 2012 at 01:39 PM

that's the thing, i dont want the free looking aswell

Say i was to make a 1fp styled cutscene, but i dont want the player to have the ability to move his camera around freely as 'camera_control' still leaves that leverage for the player.
Also is there a possible way to give that up and down motion (as if you are walking) for the camera as the same time? For cutscene purposes of course..

Halo CE General Discussion » OS no work for me anymore? D: Aug 7, 2012 04:45 AM (Total replies: 2)

So os sapien is being a little bit annoying for me now.. My laptop worked with it fine, it broke and i had it repaired.. Now that its back, OSsapien just closes immediately after i open the same scenario i was working on before the repair.. OS hasnt created a debug yet (seeing as i only just got my laptop back), guerilla and tool work, same goes for IDE.. Its just sapien..
Standard sapien works & iv tried creating a new scenario and opening that with OS but no avail:(
any help?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 7, 2012 03:43 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: CorpseManTS
^thats from AvP LOL, game is good btw.

make the other biped Sgt. Johnson instead of just and ODST :D.
complete with interactive voices eg. "reloading" or when he kills covies or flood :D

If they used Johnson, they'd have to revise all the levels so as to match up to where Johnson was canonically at the time.

Thats a quick second job, just remove the johnson perm from the marine biped..

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Why must you be so mean? :c Sep 4, 2011 12:24 AM (Total replies: 15)

Quote: --- Original message by: UBE Chief
I think there was a registry file that I saw on the forums a (long) while back that fixed this, but I can't be sure...

What OS (Operating System) are you currently using?

Windows XP, but i guess this isnt too much of an issue. (Well technically it is, but i get a new laptop in 5 days, so i could do other stuff for the map in the meantime)..
Yeah, i wouldnt worry too much for this, mine as well let this thread die..

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Why must you be so mean? :c Sep 2, 2011 04:19 AM (Total replies: 15)

Just tried both of those. No dice.
Fml.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Why must you be so mean? :c Sep 1, 2011 03:18 AM (Total replies: 15)

Sadly, i am confronted with the same error, even after restarting. ):

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Why must you be so mean? :c Aug 30, 2011 11:26 PM (Total replies: 15)

Okay so, guerilla & tool work perfectly fine. Yet a_hobo/ & sapien wont. When I choose the .scenario i want to load, it loads for a second, then closes. No its not a missing tag, for all the newbs who assume. Anyways, iv already tried reinstalling HEK & even Halo CE itself, but no avail. Also note: it doesnt open ANY scenario. None of the campaign, not even the tutorial scenario, iv even made a blacnk scenario with the tutorial bsp & stock day sky and that wont open either. So its not the scenarios..
Anyways, heres what debug says. Yeah, no help there. :/

Quote: 08.31.11 12:04:02 a hobo pc 01.01.00.0609 ----------------------------------------------
08.31.11 12:04:02 reference function: _write_to_error_file
08.31.11 12:04:02 reference address: 401b13
08.31.11 12:04:02 Couldn't read map file './a_hobobeta.map'

Halo CE General Discussion » Quick poll.. Aug 8, 2011 04:21 AM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88Also, love your avatar quote.

Its a genuine question though? haha

Quote: --- Original message by: Radioactive Kiwi
Depends on what kind of infiltration you're going for. If it's like an a50 "infiltration" with a large amount of Marine allies, then stealth might not be the best way to go. If it's a solo insertion, however, stealth would definately fit the best.

its somewhat both, the map takes place within a large battle with multiple ships going all out at eachother & your squad is somewhat taking the stealthier option at first but at the same time, there are other groups of UNSC forces taking a larger assault throughout the ship. Which are somewhat acting like decoys & will meet up with them at times and then branch off again.
I am leaning towards the stealthier weapons set, but there are other factors (in which i do not want to speak of) that are giving me second thoughts.

I didnt count the exact amounts, but I think ill go with stealthier. But if people really want the SPv2 weapon set in their (& if tagspace lets me, but it isnt too much of a worry) i may release another version in the future with those tags.
Bare in mind, that Im only talking bout weapons.

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: sierra117Such as utilizing the unused firing effect for the assault rifle...

....Where is this at? o.o

in the fp animation list, its fully functioning but wasnt used in the final game. I guess because they didnt like how it looks with the rate of fire the gun has.
So in my case, id be slowing the rate down, increasing the damage & lowering clip size. :o

Halo CE General Discussion » Quick poll.. Aug 7, 2011 04:37 AM (Total replies: 12)

Just weapons really, if you were to develop a singleplayer level where you infiltrate vid droppod into a covenant ship, what weapon tagset would you use? I have a few in mind, but cant decide. D:

-Vanilla tagset. (Bare in mind, that im not trying to achieve the classic halo feeling in the map)
-Vanilla tagset, but with minor edits. (Such as utilizing the unused firing effect for the assault rifle, nerfing the pistols damage [if i do this, ill have to make a battle rifle of somesort that blends with the taget] etc..)
-CMT SPV2 tagset. (Or the G3 set)
-Stealth tagset. (Such as the shotgun that was recently released, the ar, odst socom & battle rifle on this site, etc.. Covie weapons will be vanilla though..)

These are the only weapon sets im willing to use. thx babes ;) xoxo. Lol.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 1, 2011 06:49 AM (Total replies: 12123)

as badass as that hunter looks there, they dont seem like that in the actual game. :/

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP][MOD] Flood Campaign Jul 15, 2011 07:48 PM (Total replies: 3202)

Im fair sure that the post above you literally answers that...

God it really does frustrates me with some of the idiocy show here. :/

Halo CE General Discussion » Those in need of Map names. Jun 17, 2011 02:09 AM (Total replies: 8)

a name should have a relative purpose with the map.
The name should be decided with influence by the maps 'story' & other associates with the level.

:3

Halo CE General Discussion » I need a name... Jun 16, 2011 06:34 AM (Total replies: 127)

Sanchez Martinez.
Everybody needs a little bitta' latin :3

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO 4 Jun 16, 2011 05:58 AM (Total replies: 224)

I think they are. Personally, I reckon Halo4 is NOT a suitable name for it.

Unless they have another covenant army
(seeing as there were mutiple holy cities and armies/battalions), they should bring a new covenant armada into the storyline & have whatever habitants of that forerunner world thingy as your allies.

Give mc a new suit (with different abilities and so forth) and have
the forerunners (im assuming that there are forerunners live in the artificial world) as his new allies.
Which means they can still have those massive "never before seen battles" still implemented
(bigger covie army + forerunner army = mass explosions,
mass explosions = "big battle" :3)

The whole 'humans vs another batch of humans vs forerunners' idea is just plain out retarded. It just makes halo 4 seem like one of those BG mods with covenant/marines/sentinels and calling it a "unique, epic battle!".

._____________.

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO 4 Jun 16, 2011 05:29 AM (Total replies: 224)

Assassins Creed. GET ON THAT SHIZ ASAP

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO 4 Jun 16, 2011 04:56 AM (Total replies: 224)

AC revelations. <3 Now, that was an epic cinematic trailer. :o

Halo CE General Discussion » So What Happens to Us? Jun 16, 2011 03:03 AM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
It's 20 dollars here, 50 sounds a bit outrageous.

North Dakota ftw.

try $80 on EB games, Australia.
Not to mention when that's on a %20 sale. :/

Yes. They actually sell the game for $100 somewhere. :|

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO 4 Jun 16, 2011 02:56 AM (Total replies: 224)

Tbh; the trailer wasnt all that exciting. Even the way mc's body posture wasnt looking right as he exited the cryotube. If 343 couldnt even get it to look right when doing a simple exit (& dont go all saying 'BUT THEY GOT THE GRAPHICS ALL PRETTY LIEEKKKKK!?!?!???!111111oneoneone'), then they got rid of my hopes of the game.

Would you all be that excited of the game, if it didnt say halo4?

Halo CE General Discussion » Recorded Animations now possible? Jun 9, 2011 08:25 AM (Total replies: 54)

A reason to back to CE. :o

Time: Sun December 8, 2019 1:29 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website