A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Dhark
About Contact
Last Post: May 20, 2009 01:14 AM
Interests:
Your Age: >><(((*> Ooooh Look a Fishie!
What Games do you play: Kinda obvious, huh? xD
I believe in Dennis Powers

Post Statistics
Dhark has contributed to 1019 posts out of 469156 total posts (.22%) in 4,189 days (.24 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] May 20, 2009 01:14 AM (Total replies: 4974)

oh link to him puleease D:

Halo CE General Discussion » Did H3MT die? May 19, 2009 09:53 AM (Total replies: 82)

just because a group doesnt show much or say much doesnt mean theyre dead; dont worry

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] May 17, 2009 08:10 AM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Newbkilla
You got al ong ways to go, but still looks oke as a base model.

who made that pelican?? D: Must know!

Halo CE General Discussion » Some Yoyorast Island V2 pics May 16, 2009 12:40 PM (Total replies: 98)

Quote: --- Original message by: yoyorast
- Dhark "impossible to run up the mountain"?!! you should play Halo more often man...
- no more sniper at the beach (there are enough : 5 sniper in total)
- Kiwi, the ATV base is still hard to reachin v2 but anyway, it hasn't been designed to be reached by feet like people use to do but directly inside it trough the teleporter. However going up there by feet has always been a fun challenge for me... the only diference from V1 is that now there 2 more sniper tower that are wtching the atv base, so you're not as safe as before. Same for the top sniper tower, you'll be less safe there...
- No more underwater trenches but walls now.

i do believe i play more halo than u, actually. Apart from the ludicrously windey path which sometimes people can get lost in (for those that dont 24/7 yoyo) There is always someone in a higher position thats either going to 3sk pistol u, sniper u or rocket you; or if u have bad enough luck, a ghost or warthog gunner will assault you. Combined by the sheer length of the route and possible camping options in the map; I deem it as near impossible...

Halo CE General Discussion » Some Yoyorast Island V2 pics May 12, 2009 09:12 PM (Total replies: 98)

personally i never liked this map as it was too sniper friendly, in the bad way; especially when someone got in the sniper tower there was no real way to fight that -- because alot of people forget to modify at least some projectiles to increase projectile lifespan :\

what does this mean? the bullet of the pistol couldnt even REACH the sniper tower while the guy on the sniper tower merrily shoots people near / in the base as happy as can be :\
Rockets were also a bit of a concern for me as well... -- the map was interestingly designed and i did like it; but it was not friendly to those who actually wanted to run up the mountain; nearly impossible i think. Hopefully yoyov2 will have some of these issues patched up a little and these are only my thoughts

for those wondering WHERE the population is; theyre mostly on 1.04; where people continue moving to 1.04 because of their whoopin 900 players (that number is an estimate, sometimes theres more, sometimes theres less)

Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
Quote: --- Original message by: iTails
Can we be mature people for once and act like we like this user? Christ.

What, you expect people here to act mature?

Lets move on please, enough of this already

So; how is the extended version of this release coming along?

Halo CE General Discussion » [IG] Intergalactic Morons Thread Apr 27, 2009 10:53 PM (Total replies: 145)

Hello everyone here at (Halomaps or Modacity)! We have a new update for everyone about IG! Recently Masterz1337 has approached IG requesting assistance for the implementation of boarding enemy vehicles, as well as to have Multi-Team Vehicles (MTV), into SPv2. On a brief note, MTV is the ability to have Covenant and humans in the same vehicle, both AI and Players. Long story short: We obliged to help and within a few days Bitidork has managed to reconfigure and adapt IG’s current MTV build to conform to the necessities of Masterz for the ability to have Boarding and MTV in SPv2. However this is not all... We of IG felt that HCE needed a little something to spice things up and to make things a little more fresh than the occasional HCE maps update on the Halomaps website.
Because of the aforementioned feeling, we are publically releasing the ability to use MTV for everyone! But it is better than that; Bitidork’s hard work has paid off as he has made this compatible with virtually ANY map in existence, from the oldest to the newest.

At this moment you may ask “What does this mean?” Well, Machinima and RPers will be able to finally have more intricate and interesting capabilities as there is no limitation as to what team you are on in order to enter someone else’s vehicle. For machinima makers, there will be no need to perform optical illusions of video editing regarding player teams; whether you are on red or blue team or even FFA, everyone can get into the same vehicle.

Please regard this note: This app does NOT give you the ability to board enemy vehicles as then this would have to have been created into the map itself. The app does, however, merely bypass the first problem for boarding. For more information on integrating boarding, feel free to contact us or Masterz.

“Well that is all fine and dandy, but how does this work?” Simple: Open CE and then open IG-MTV.exe.
If you are hosting: Click the Toggle button to enable the ability to use MTV, if you wish to turn it off: click on the toggle button to disable it (anyone currently inside of a vehicle will stay in that vehicle until they wish to exit themselves or die).
If you are the client: If you know the local/dedicated server is running MTV: click the toggle button to enable or disable accordingly.

Please note: If you have MTV enabled on a server, the players joining will need the app as well if you wish them to see this properly; otherwise it will not sync. Therefore clients are not able to use MTV unless the server or host has it enabled as well as the client.

“How do we use this when CMT-SPv2 comes out?” Again very simple; open the application, run any map on SPv2 and toggle the MTV on and the map will do the rest when you try and board an enemy vehicle. NOTE: If you do not have this app running during SPv2, you WILL NOT be able to board enemy vehicles.

Although SPv2 will most likely still be in development for a while, this external application is not. We shall be releasing IG-MTV.exe within the week (most likely Thursday/Friday). So keep checking this thread for updates.
The application will be released on both Halomaps as well as the IG official website; links will be provided on release day. Alternatively, the application will be released along with the SPv2 Campaign so that users who did not have this application will not lose the chance/ability to board enemy vehicles during their epic war against the Covenant.

On a final note: we hope you will enjoy this application for whatever purposes you wish to use it for and we hope that it brings some more joy to the HCE community and fans alike. A video will be available of this soon via a Broadcast on Xfire and will be available for one hour, 10 minutes after this post has been sent on Halomaps and Modacity. Enjoy!

Broadcast Direct Link: http://www.xfire.com/live_video/igmatlan/

(We will try and make a video out of this to show those that have missed the broadcast)

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Apr 26, 2009 12:34 AM (Total replies: 14969)

Quote: --- Original message by: h3freak13
hey again heres another work in progress
http://s465.photobucket.com/albums/rr20/halo123freak14/?action=view¤t=scafolding.jpg

despite what the fools above were stating the obvious in that these objects are primitives; I can see that that is not the point of the render, the point is that youre designing a bridge using planks of wood. It has a nice irregular feel to it and I like it, perhaps you could do it a little more and have the planks vary in size a little more to give a more irregular feeling which can be appealing to the eye

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Apr 23, 2009 09:37 PM (Total replies: 8490)

its the transport creature from Crysis after the aliens get released...

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Apr 23, 2009 12:32 AM (Total replies: 8490)

Quote: --- Original message by: Scott
If anyone wants me to, ill rip my models from UT3 for ya.

I personally would like the models to get a good look at how they were made, hit me up (vehicles please)

Halo CE General Discussion » Song from Jenkins cutscene? Apr 10, 2009 10:16 AM (Total replies: 38)

Quote: --- Original message by: Donut

its called "old_stuff.mp3"
it wasnt put on the sound track cds but you can download it off of bungie.net.
i have it
"Why do we always gotta listen to this old stuff sarge?"
"This 'old stuff' is part of your history, boy"
"Well if the covenant wanna wipe out this particular part of my history, i dont care"
Edited by Donut on Apr 10, 2009 at 02:23 AM

got the direct link donut?

Halo CE General Discussion » Bungie is watching us...... Mar 27, 2009 11:34 PM (Total replies: 21)

how odd I dont get that link o.O right click the link n copy / paste it here if u dont mind

Halo CE General Discussion » Bungie is watching us...... Mar 26, 2009 08:10 PM (Total replies: 21)

theres a submit news link? didnt know that D: can i get a link anyone?

Halo CE General Discussion » [IG] Intergalactic Morons Thread Mar 5, 2009 10:32 PM (Total replies: 145)

Informational Update:
Been working on a project unrelated to CE.

Recently started working with Opsy to produce a crashsite for a space ship on the ground (mini PoA style crash)

Still looking and/or thinking about which map to put the assault system with

Halo CE General Discussion » EXTRAS MENU --- alpha Mar 5, 2009 05:49 PM (Total replies: 92)

Under misc:

What about some halo songs? Halo 1, 2 or 3 all have some good ones

Halo CE General Discussion » Captus (aka my new map) Mar 1, 2009 10:54 PM (Total replies: 131)

might I suggest a sky that involves the colours of gold, orange and yellow? It would seem to match up well with the colour scheme of the textures pretty well

Halo CE General Discussion » 3D Ripper DX Feb 15, 2009 09:18 PM (Total replies: 48)

Oh you fools. TBH I find this tool (at least for me) to be quite an educational one. Its a great way to be able to look at the models in an effort to further improve techniques. True some people will use it for more darker reasons; but there will be people who will use it for good.

But i mean, seriously guys to bypass the map protection is rather easy in the first place... For the sake of avoiding a rage fest I wont go into details :\ chillax

yes there are ways to bypass the character length

Time: Mon July 22, 2019 6:49 AM 407 ms.
A Halo Maps Website