A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: DarkHalo003
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 27, 2017 12:18 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo3, Halo:PC, Halo:CustomEdition, Marathon(all)
All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
DarkHalo003 has contributed to 5646 posts out of 464590 total posts (1.22%) in 3,484 days (1.62 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jun 27, 2017 12:18 PM (Total replies: 73)

Quote: --- Original message by: Hobbet360

It's already been 5 years since Firefight Decent?

(Gave my 2009 or '10 account to a Altheros to have fun with)

Holy sh|t I've released 1 "real" map in 8 years?!
Edited by Hobbet360 on Jun 27, 2017 at 03:16 AM

I technically haven't released a map in nearly 10 years. So I feel you there.

Halo CE General Discussion » Post your Top 10 HCE mappers/modders Jun 26, 2017 01:55 AM (Total replies: 95)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
10. DarkHalo003
9. Jesse
8. Donut
7. ODX
6. UnevenElefant5
5. Maniac1000
4. Higuy
3. Super Flanker
2. Advancebo
1. Gamma927

oh wait thats just the post count list

I DID IT FAM. I CONTRIBUTED TO THE FORUM!

Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jun 26, 2017 01:53 AM (Total replies: 73)

Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee

Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
If I had my old setup (pre-harddrive crash), I'd jump aboard for sure.

I don't believe that. Practically everyone I have worked with (MoooseGuy, Gamma927, etc.) has faked a HD crash to have an excuse to not work on a map or release assets.

I mean, think what you will, but I jostled my laptop due to gamer rage and critically damaged the harddrive. I lost a lot of setup and tags, so it would take weeks to find everything I had once before. That doesn't even mention how I lack 3ds Max 7 and I don't have the time/patience to download a newer version. 10 GB will take around a day for my prehistoric internet.

After I did that, I cleaned up my attitude and studied in Japan for 4 months. I graduated college a year later. As much as I'd love to mod habitually again, I just don't have the time for relearning a lot of this stuff, especially given I have other projects that take priority (on top of a job to pay bills).

Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jun 25, 2017 11:20 AM (Total replies: 73)

Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee

I remember you, along with many others. I miss those days, well the organization and "get it done!" attitude many of us had.

Want to work on a project then? ;)
I guess that was an attitude we "had".
Edited by Pepzee on Jun 25, 2017 at 12:00 AM

If I had my old setup (pre-harddrive crash), I'd jump aboard for sure. However, right now the amount of time I have is exceptionally limited and most of my skills are entirely degenerated. Truthfully, I'll probably put out one last map at some point, but using Blender over 3ds Max.

I really miss those days though. The only thing that really stopped any of us was time away from the keyboard. Well, and a bunch of squabbling, but that comes with any growing community.

Edited by DarkHalo003 on Jun 25, 2017 at 11:20 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jun 23, 2017 02:59 PM (Total replies: 73)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
I don't know about you guys, but I'm almost ready for CE3 2017!

Don't worry guys, I ACTUALLY have something this year. Totally. Without a doubt. Definitely not making a horrible, obscure referencing of the last 4 years on my part....

You are here for a long time already man, I saw you in very early posts

Dennis will project vomit at the screen when he sees this, but I am proud to be here; This site has been going longer than any other community I've joined that didn't migrate to Reddit in some fashion.

Edit for grammar.
Edited by DarkHalo003 on Jun 23, 2017 at 03:00 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jun 22, 2017 08:25 PM (Total replies: 73)

I remember you, along with many others. I miss those days, well the organization and "get it done!" attitude many of us had.

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
dear god, all the old people are cropping up all over again

I came back for the nostalgia and possibilities.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Armonia Jun 20, 2017 03:45 PM (Total replies: 37)

It looks very nice! I hope we can definitely have a chance to play even one or two maps out of this project.

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jun 20, 2017 03:43 PM (Total replies: 73)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
I don't know about you guys, but I'm almost ready for CE3 2017!

Don't worry guys, I ACTUALLY have something this year. Totally. Without a doubt. Definitely not making a horrible, obscure referencing of the last 4 years on my part....

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jun 10, 2017 10:21 AM (Total replies: 11367)

Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
I've been working on a new competitive 2v2 map, Overflow. Originally the map completely replicated the look of damnation, but I redid most of the geometry to try and get away from looking identical to it by trying to go for a covie/swamp atmosphere.

I like the classic look of it, but I definitely had to look twice to see the difference between it and Damnation. The third picture really threw me for a loop for a second.

I definitely like where it's going though.

Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
I prefer to stay with Max 8 for Halo stuff.. but after swtiching PC's so many times I lost my key.

I am now using Max 2014 and everything seems to be working fine. I'm using Bluestreak, however there seems to be some problems with the way BSPs turn out here and there. Models work fine.

If there is a better exporter I would like to know as well.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Jun 7, 2017 at 01:28 AM

I'm in a similar spot, lost my key as well when my harddrive failed years ago. Props to Duce Primo for being able to hold onto his for so long.

I like 3ds Max, but 2014 rubbed me the wrong way with some glitches.

Quote: --- Original message by: Spiral
I remember seeing you around here when I joined CE modding. Welcome back, we've lost quite a few people but the modding quality has gone way up!

At this point most people use whatever max version they are comfortable with. I just upgraded to max 2018 and it works fine for CE (at least for me).

here area few scripts I have gathered/edited from others throughout the years that I use for exporting various things.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rw2gbvagws04dl2/max_scripts.rar

Opensauce comes with an option to download an opensauce version of the editing kit. Importing files isn't very different.

Here is the Wiki for opensauce
https://bitbucket.org/KornnerStudios/opensauce-release/wiki/Halo1/Doc_Halo1_Home

Hope you stay so we look like we aren't dying as a modding community.

Thanks for the warm return! I'm simply scoping out the possibilities at this point, no guarantees, but I have a lot of ideas I was never able to complete and it all goes towards a portfolio I'm working on after all. I did lose all of my files a few years ago, though, via hard drive failure.

I'm probably going to have to switch to Blender, though, due to my internet download speed being really bad (DSL bad, friends) and not having the time/patience to download multiple days for 5-10 GB. My 2014 version's Student Trial has dried up, and I'm kind of itching to learn some new software. My last experiences with 3ds Max were very sour when I was trying to craft a very bad level execution.

Anything I need to know particularly about the scripts?

How difficult is it to use OpenSauce and become accustomed to it?

Thanks again!

Hey friends, it's been quit some time.

I'm simply curious on how people export their maps and content from 3ds Max to HCE in today's wacky world.

Does 3ds Max 2014-17 even allow the use of Bluestreak?

Has anyone improved on Bluestreak?

Do people still use older 3ds Max versions to properly utilize Blitzkrieg?

What is the main tool used now for exporting content, given YELO/OpenSauce allow more detailed content?

Thanks for any information!

Special Note to Dennis: I tried using Search and did not find anything too relevant. I hope this request thread is allowed! Sorry if I'm breaking a rule here.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 14, 2017 08:30 PM (Total replies: 12102)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Yeah sorry, don't really remember the details of it all. But we did release those tags back in 2009ish I believe.

Haha, yeah it was sometime back then. Back when I still had HCE installed on Windows 7 and could make content, back when I made excuses to have time for this stuff...so much unreleased content that will never see the light of day. Oh well, you guys still produce awesome stuff and I'm glad to see CMT leading the pack!
Edited by DarkHalo003 on Mar 14, 2017 at 08:30 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 14, 2017 07:22 PM (Total replies: 11367)

It feels so good to see such clean, classic level design. Keep it up!

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 14, 2017 07:13 PM (Total replies: 12102)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Quote: --- Original message by: BravoLimeTaco
Are CMT maps still protected?

No, I was never a big believer of the protection and it was something that we mainly did for Dano and Wave of Lag and some other individuals back in the day iirc. But the changes to the maps from Open Sauce means many tags aren't rippable. For those who have experience with the HEK, we do have a version of the tagset to hand out. We were going to make it public, but we need to document everything inside it so people understand what everything is and that will take quite a while to complete, so it will likely be released with the full part 2 tags as well.
Edited by Masters1337 on Mar 14, 2017 at 07:47 AM

Heya, it's been ages, remember when one of my first days on HaloMaps I asked if I could bypass protection on CMT Snowgrove to use the MA5K for some mods? You got so mad at me to the point where I was apologizing over the PM system. It's really funny, looking back at it all.
Edited by DarkHalo003 on Mar 14, 2017 at 07:14 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jan 10, 2016 11:17 PM (Total replies: 11367)

I would argue that 2D Animation should be learned or understood before 3D. My reasoning is simply the same as to why you develop a story board (I f-ing love story boards) before investing into a feature-length animation.

That said, you're completely right in that you don't need to know 2D before going to 3D. Teh_Lag and ODX (to my knowledge) started in 3D. Both are excellent at what they do (or did, not sure anymore) and I don't believe they ever revealed drawings of their animations.

All I'm saying is, I would die trying to 3D animate with a step-by-step reference of what my animation was. 2D animation makes sense to me until it looks as fluid as that GIF. Then I'm 100% I have no clue.
Edited by DarkHalo003 on Jan 10, 2016 at 11:21 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Jan 5, 2016 12:08 PM (Total replies: 490)

Quote: --- Original message by: P3
Quote: --- Original message by: Microsoft Sam
What does Installation 01 have to do with Installation 01?

I was thinking this as well. I think once your project leaves Pre-Alpha, a more suitable/relevant name needs to be given.

Also, for future trailers/teasers, never use "The Ultimate Halo Fan Tribute" as the trailer winds up. It's sophomoric and really cheesy (not in the good way either). Humble words would do better, at least until you're out of Beta.

It looks cool! I wish I knew Unity to help out, but sadly I am not versed at all.
"Your?"

I think his first sentence was him agreeing with you and the rest was him referring back to the I01 team.

Definitely this. I'll go back and edit.

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Jan 2, 2016 11:42 PM (Total replies: 490)

What does Installation 01 have to do with Installation 01?

I was thinking this as well. I think once this team's project leaves Pre-Alpha, a more suitable/relevant name needs to be given.

Also, for future trailers/teasers, never use "The Ultimate Halo Fan Tribute" as the trailer winds up. It's sophomoric and really cheesy (not in the good way either). Humble words would do better, at least until you're out of Beta.

It looks cool! I wish I knew Unity to help out, but sadly I am not versed at all.

Edited by DarkHalo003 on Jan 5, 2016 at 12:08 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » And HE DOES IT AGAIN Nov 19, 2015 09:40 AM (Total replies: 17)

JOHN CENA!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!11!!!!!1!!

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Edited by DarkHalo003 on Nov 19, 2015 at 09:40 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
All this talk about Fallout 4.
Mb I should get it.

Previous editions never appealed to me though due to lack of color. But that seems to have changed.

There are also going to be mods that change your lighting and what-not. New Vegas actually saw some pretty awesome mods solely for that purpose. Fallout 3 did as well, but not to the same extent and it didn't help Fallout 3's overall environmental feel. It just removed some of the nuances, like the green filter and bland lighting overall.

If you're not entirely sold on Fallout 4, you could wait a bit before buying until some of the mods come out to perfect Bethesda's inevitable nuances in the game. Probably the first issue everyone has is the typical unoptimized UI for the PC. There are a few fixes to make it somewhat better (fixing Mouse Acceleration, Depth of Field nonses, etc), but nothing substantial like SkyUI just yet. The download for Fallout 4 is also ~30GB...~26GB with a physical disc on PC. I wish Bethesda would just stop trying to fight pirates at the expense of their consumers. Not everyone has top of the line internet or a nextgen console.

I will say, though, that Halo 5 (in typical Halo fashion) has come out with a slew of pretty funny highlight reels.

Edited by DarkHalo003 on Nov 10, 2015 at 01:49 PM

Time: Fri September 22, 2017 9:39 AM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website