A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Mootjuh
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 27, 2018 07:32 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Hilariously derailing oneliner

Post Statistics
Mootjuh has contributed to 457 posts out of 466889 total posts (.10%) in 3,754 days (.12 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Yeah. Someone I know has more or less a full copy of the h2spp stuff, and is working on heavily cleaning it up. I wont name names since they are doing it on their own time and probably wont want the attention.

Just to be clear, I did NOT make this extractor. The credits can be found in the script. I merely made it work for newer versions of Max and made it able to extract animations without having a skeleton scene.

Does their name start with a k? There's only been 4 people, including me who've had access to the H2SPP folder.

I sadly don't have access anymore though.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition features in MCC Mar 8, 2018 03:29 AM (Total replies: 23)

I think for starters it would fix the issues caused by the PC port, like proper Xbox shaders etc. And I think generaly it would be fixes/improvements that have come with OS but it's still pretty vague.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition features in MCC Mar 8, 2018 02:03 AM (Total replies: 23)

So there was another blogpost regarding the MCC update and a question regarding Halo CE was asked. The answer was pretty interesting:

Quote:
SINCE HALO: CE IS BASED OFF THE PC CODE IS THERE ANY CHANCE OF HALO CUSTOM EDITION BEING ADDED TO MCC?

Greg Hermann: Were excited to have added Sean Cooper to our team from the Halo Custom Edition Community. Whats been great is that hes really asserted ownership over Halo 1 and has had the time, capacity, and interest to really dig into it over the years. Hes already been incorporating numerous changes from Custom Edition into the Halo: CE build in MCC.

Full article: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-2

For those who don't know, Sean Cooper is Kornnman.
Edited by Mootjuh on Mar 8, 2018 at 02:05 AM

Just popping in here,

The real reason why this didn't get through is because the sheer amount of work to get the BSPs in Halo CE was just not worth the effort in the end.

Halo CE General Discussion » Where can I find you? Jan 26, 2017 04:06 AM (Total replies: 91)

You can find me here.

https://discord.gg/6nkmBQc
Edited by Mootjuh on Jan 26, 2017 at 05:08 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Oct 10, 2016 03:03 PM (Total replies: 950)

So I've stumbled upon an issue. I can't extract or play any sounds. ToWav.exe is in the helpers folder but no luck. I'm using Windows 10.

Extracting gives me this kind of error:

Error extracting sound\weapons\battle_rifle\flashlight.snd!:
--Can't find file C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpE833.wav

Edited by Mootjuh on Oct 10, 2016 at 03:03 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Jesse's Thread of Unamazing Things. Sep 3, 2016 06:09 AM (Total replies: 401)

If you want better looking bricks have the whole texture have the same brick color. Then use this as tiled detail map set to multiply(you can lower the resolutoon to 64x64 and set the mipmap type to nearest)

This is the result.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 forge and custom games coming to PC Sep 3, 2016 05:53 AM (Total replies: 8)

The game has a server browser though.

Halo CE General Discussion » Worth creating this? Sep 2, 2016 12:47 AM (Total replies: 27)

If you're clever you can do some BSP switches and simulate a dynamic LoD system for BSPs so said rocks appear with higher fidelity close up. That way you can keep the lightmaps.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo Games Coming To PC Confirmed?!?! Aug 31, 2016 08:13 PM (Total replies: 53)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
No halo 5 HEK, fu#k forge and windows10... i just want to pork some cmt stuff to h5

Would prbably look bad anyway because PBR.

That was iconic but I can't find it anywhere.

I still have them, the offer still stands if you wear a pink dress and do a dance while begging for them.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMTSPV3 Released! Jul 6, 2016 04:54 AM (Total replies: 156)

If my memory serves me correctly, throwing a grenade while the BR is bursting does not play the grenade throw animation sometimes.

Quote: --- Original message by: HyperSean
anyone who legit hasn't upgraded to 2017 yet is honestly missing out.

It's so buggy it's not even funny.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 campaign for Halo CE Jun 21, 2016 03:07 AM (Total replies: 39)

Hiraliously pathfinding wasn't the issue.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project-Contingency (Fan made Halo Game) Jun 15, 2016 06:40 PM (Total replies: 382)

Don't you mean Unreal?

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP]The Flood: Forgotten Exile Jun 9, 2016 05:05 AM (Total replies: 249)

Those who want a future in game dev don't restrict themselves to CE modding though.

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I make a game engine like blam? Jun 8, 2016 04:54 PM (Total replies: 156)

Try actual blueprint tutorials as Lodex suggested.

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Jun 8, 2016 05:57 AM (Total replies: 490)

Quote: --- Original message by: midnightmodders
Quote: --- Original message by: HyperSean

RIP my dreams of classic gameplay.

We get it dude, you hate other peoples interpretations of halo and want to be spoon-fed the same things, halo sucks anyway go play quake for real classic gameplay m8 ;)

hopefully Glassed and Contingency do it right.

Hate to remove that big juicy boner from your mouth, but they won't. All of these people have their own opinions about where the Halo games should move forward, and therefore have their own interpretations on how they should play.

You are judging a game because it happens to have 2 things from later games, yes I suppose it being toggleable isn't the best excuse after all, but you are acting as if they added boost jumps from COD or something, plus I'm fairly certain these things are added in different ways and contexts, Game looks like it preserves a lot of what made the old Halo's good. even if it does have modern elements, atleast it is still identifiable.

People seriously need to learn that "MODERN FEATURES" does not mean immediately garbage, look at the new DOOM for example.

Edited by HyperSean on Jun 7, 2016 at 08:17 PM

These "Modern Features" suck lets be honest. The moment I saw this stuff, I knew I wouldn't want anything to do with the game, I know Contingency has Sprint but at least the maps will probably be made around it and Glassed apparently has no abilities or sprint as far as my knowledge.

Contingency was never confirmed to have sprint.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Backwash May 23, 2016 10:32 AM (Total replies: 164)

And this thread is 2 years old.

Time: Thu June 21, 2018 4:53 AM 391 ms.
A Halo Maps Website