A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Mythril
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 3, 2013 08:29 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo CE, Halo 2
Jeffrey Albert Waldo
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Mythril has contributed to 2379 posts out of 469450 total posts (.51%) in 4,247 days (.56 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Savior Official Thread Sep 3, 2013 08:29 AM (Total replies: 138)

You know, I would apologise profusely to you guys for my horrible inability to upkeep commitments, but it would just be another excuse. In all honesty, it has been well over a year since I last touched anything related to HCE.

I have just over a week left until I graduate from high school, and another month after that until my HSC exams. During this period, I will most likely be occupied. Following the exams, I am entirely free; I will strive to see if I can dig the map out and present a functional version of it.

Sincerely: I am truly, truly sorry.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Savior Official Thread Nov 13, 2012 09:08 AM (Total replies: 138)

Quote: --- Original message by: Exception
OHHHHHHHH The memories!

2 years, wow.

I remember we played this every day, how many hours did we spend on this map Jeff?

Aaaaaah

I need to talk to you again! I'l pm you skype.

Can't believe this was never released.

Oh wow I haven't heard from you for ages. :D I'll go add you right now.

@Disco Banana,
Let's clear up some points:
a. As I have mentioned, savior will be open source, meaning BSP / tags will all be rip-able.

b. The above point means I don't particularly care about people being able to use my map for whatever fascinating mods they want to make.

c. Considering that I have already more or less completely left this community for other things, I admit to being slightly irritated at your actions, only because it seems that there is perpetually people like you that are in this world.

d. The only reason I am back to release this 'officially', is because I regret leaving everyone hanging, and because I remember how 2 years ago, I detested the projects which had so much potential but died out.

e. Who ARE you? If you happen to be that person on Xfire, then I understand why you may be pissed off. I still believe I was completely just in my actions, considering that you added me as a friend with a lie that stated you were Gamma927, add me pls Mythril, etc. Something along those lines. I admit to not looking at it very closely, I was too busy laughing at his/her idiocy.

f. If you aren't, well I can't think of anyone else who would have a vendetta against me.

To everyone else: Exams are approaching in a fortnight, so that would unfortunately push back things a little. I shall endeavor to complete this before Christmas, hopefully.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Savior Official Thread Nov 6, 2012 03:14 AM (Total replies: 138)

Ubergoober, my apologies, but to be honest your 'annoying' was precisely that: annoying. Please don't do that, nor take credit for anything.

New003, I don't know who you are, but if you are the person who added me on xfire [I think your username was TheRuinedHalo109] with the message: "Hey Mythril it's me Gamma, add me" or something along those lines, I speak to Gamma on almost a daily basis, and it was shockingly obvious that it wasn't him due to numerous reasons, including the fact that he calls me by my real name. If you're patting yourself on your back for 'fooling' me, then go ahead, enjoy your hollow 'victory'.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Savior Official Thread Nov 5, 2012 02:36 AM (Total replies: 138)

I could've made a new thread, but that would've required me to type all that is included in the first post of this thread again, most of which I don't recall exactly.

I bumped this two-year old thread as I plan on cleaning up and releasing Savior in the near future. I apologize for the atrociously long procrastination and subsequent silence in regards to this map. It simply was a case of losing motivation and the inability to be bothered to work on it.

In its current state, Savior's BSP still has minor issues which I was too lazy to fix up 2 years ago. As I don't BELIEVE they are incredibly gamebreaking, I do not believe I will be editing/fixing the BSP anymore. That, plus the horrendously long time taken to run lightmaps.

In regards to the tags, I established, through a quick run through of the map, several issues which include the sniper rifle not having animations, etc. I will aim to fix these asap, either reverting to default animations or to a certain specific someone's animations which I will probably never see given that the animator's ability to procrastinate far exceeds mine. :)

Particle effects, that which I enjoyed the most in HCE, are, for the most part, completed. Although I have neglected firing effects and impact effects [the plasma pistol is absolutely hideous with a non-charged shot], I am more or less satisfied with everything else. Even if I wasn't, I probably won't be devoting too much time into editing them.

For those who do not know me, or the map, enjoy. As stated in the first post, the tags will all be open source [only partially because I do not remember how to operate HEK+ [I think that's what it was called]]. This means you can rip all the effects, make Halo 3 versions of the map, or whatever else interests this new generation of mapmakers.

As for myself, I do not believe I will be particularly active on this site. Although it's still in my favourites tab, I simply do not have the motivation, nor the time to be engaged in map making, as I have some vital examinations coming up within the next year. This is not to say that I won't ever be on the site, or that there is a certainty in the fact that I will never make another map. We'll just have to see.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Art of Halo Custom Edition Sep 23, 2011 08:21 AM (Total replies: 45)

TM Fracture:
A centrral forrunner structure of unknown purpose

Just a couple typos I spotted, great idea though!

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Sep 3, 2011 08:42 PM (Total replies: 11479)

To compile a sprite, [from memory, I haven't done it in a while], make your sprite, add a 1-pixel pure blue outline, save it as a .TIF then compile it normally through tool.
If it isn't a power of 2 in dimensions, it'll come up with an error, but it doesn't matter, we just want the resulting .bitmap.
Open that .bitmap and change the type to sprite. Recompile using tool, and voila.

Halo CE General Discussion » Model inside out? Aug 7, 2011 07:46 AM (Total replies: 13)

I believe that error is when not all the animations in your animations file are animated on the same set of nodes.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 7, 2011 04:14 AM (Total replies: 11479)

The firing effect looks a tad too static, though everything else looks great.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jul 31, 2011 05:20 AM (Total replies: 14974)

[18:57] Uniform Echo: psst bro
[18:57] Uniform Echo: when you get a chance
[18:57] Uniform Echo: bump weapons wip
[18:57] Uniform Echo: i need to post
[18:57] Uniform Echo: :D

Halo CE General Discussion » [release] What rage leads to when map making Jul 23, 2011 09:30 AM (Total replies: 48)

Very impressive ;o
Might be enough to make me boot CE for the first time in ages.
Rage more :D

Halo CE General Discussion » Guess what this is... Jul 14, 2011 08:42 AM (Total replies: 35)

Looks awesome, and your comments make me look forward to my cruise at the end of the year :D

Halo CE General Discussion » AI Bots? Jul 9, 2011 09:51 PM (Total replies: 11)

Currently, AIs will not sync between the host and client, that is, you may see the elite shoot you, while your sister may see the elite running away.

However, if you just want points as a tally of how many you've killed, etc, it may be possible with scripts, I'm not entirely sure, but most likely the map you downloaded doesn't have that capability.

Halo CE General Discussion » most influential mappers Jun 12, 2011 06:03 AM (Total replies: 119)

Quote: --- Original message by: ThetianSoldier
Quote: --- Original message by: doompig444
Inb4 "Move on."

Probably Mythril, though he still hasn't unblocked me and doesn't do anything anymore.

He's probably busy playing Heroes of Newerth (Mythril, it's time for an intervention; you play that game every time I see you on Xfire.)

a. I didn't block you.
b. I removed HoN from my xfire game list for quite a while now, therefore now you can't tell! :D

^If there were sigs, I would so sig that.
-
OT: So wait, seeing as you know no way of getting across the un-syncing destructible vehicles bit, you're just making the 'AI' sit there in the side fighting each other?
If it's just for the aesthetics- sentinels flying around, etc, why would you even need it to sync?

mmk then, firing part down.

What about non-syncing vehicle destruction in MP?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't destructive vehicles not sync in MP?
I do presume you want these 'AI' to be able to be killed?

Also, from what I read in this thread, is your plan to make the 'AI' have an effect which launches a projectile towards a trigger volume when the player is inside it?
If so, how exactly do you plan on making said projectile actually hit? Unless the map is literally covered in trigger volumes the size of a player, there would be the margin of error inside the trigger volume.

There was also mentions of heat-seaking projectiles, aka homing such as the needler. I'm not entirely sure about this, but I do not think that projectiles spawned from an effect home in on an target, even with it enabled.

Halo CE General Discussion » No one finishes anything on this site. Apr 29, 2011 08:47 PM (Total replies: 75)

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
Not perfect, no, but perfect to my eyes is something very hard to achieve.

I've tried giving myself deadlines as well, like I'm working on animating the weapons for CMT MPG4 and said "I'm going to release the tutorial map on my birthday so people can play around with and critique the animations!"

When was my birthday? Oh, April 6th earlier this month...only about 5 weapons are 'done' as well.

<did exact same thing.
2 months overdue so far :(

Halo CE General Discussion » Craziest thing tool has told you? Apr 14, 2011 05:05 AM (Total replies: 28)

Eh, was looking through tool in notepad and there was this bit about a septic tank :L

Halo CE General Discussion » Project: Insurrection Apr 10, 2011 02:47 AM (Total replies: 215)

Quote: --- Original message by: jesse
All of you shut up, Mythril needs to work on Savior.

*hint hint*

shush :3

Halo CE General Discussion » Project: Insurrection Apr 8, 2011 07:58 AM (Total replies: 215)

Just me or do you still have my old frag effects :L

Time: Wed November 13, 2019 6:11 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website