A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: choel
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 20, 2012 03:09 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
choel has contributed to 19 posts out of 469803 total posts (0.00%) in 4,322 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach bipeds and weapons. Jul 31, 2012 06:38 PM (Total replies: 202)

Quote: --- Original message by: creator843
add me if you have xfire: creator444 anyone who wants some reach stuff just have to talk with me there and i will share anything :)

I added you (choel). Once you accept, I'll be asking for some halo reach weapons. Brace yourself.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach bipeds and weapons. Jul 31, 2012 05:02 PM (Total replies: 202)

Quote: --- Original message by: creator843
neddler rifle,concussion rifle,focus rifle,roket launcher reach are already done.
we have alot of bipeds reach, emile,carter,mark v,pilot,noble 6,kat,female spartan,juno,jorge etc.

I would love to get my hands on those Concussion Rifle and Needler Rifle tags. Hell the Focus Rifle would be cool too.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASED]halo reach bipeds Jul 14, 2012 09:04 PM (Total replies: 18)

Well no, I was just saying that the picture with the download is very misleading.

Maybe use this picture of your tags?

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASED]halo reach bipeds Jul 14, 2012 08:39 PM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: reach granade launcher:http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6374

sorry cheddar my english is not soo good mi lenguage is spanish

The model (both fp and 3p) in this download is a pistol with the gernade launcher texture.

wut?
Edited by choel on Jul 14, 2012 at 08:40 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » DMR fire sound Sep 6, 2010 03:46 PM (Total replies: 5)

I noticed that the few DMR attempts out there seem to lack sound. I figured I could whip something up, and help out a little.

http://catesnorthwest.com/personal/halo/dmrfire.sound

Its not dependent on any other tags, so stick it anywhere in your tags directory.

No need for credit, took me all of 5 minutes. Just don't protect your map if you're gonna use it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Need a refernce model Aug 6, 2010 02:07 PM (Total replies: 1)

Would someone be willing to extract the large, diamond shape doors from Assault on the Control Room/Two Betrayals, and upload it as a .obj somewhere for me? I'm at work, and don't have access to my halo stuff. Thanks!

Halo CE General Discussion » How can I sync AI? Jun 1, 2008 01:26 PM (Total replies: 37)

isn't it possible with Halo 1 on the Xbox? Thats the rumor I've been hearing. Hard to test though, because the problem is, people think mod chips are illegal and are afraid to talk about converting CE maps to xbox.

Halo CE General Discussion » Which map making team is best? May 15, 2008 01:33 PM (Total replies: 51)

They all suck because they all make stuff and hold onto it likes its gold, by not sharing source, they slow, or even stop, the creative process of those that aren't as skilled as they are.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Issue after recompiling b40 May 13, 2008 11:57 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Invader Veex
For guy above, get a new sound card.

As for other, you can download the campaign scripts on the website (search campaign scripts) and they should go in levels\b40\scripts

Probably should add that they go in Data\levels\blah blah blah, as my problem was that I had them in Tags\levels\blah blah blah blah

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Issue after recompiling b40 May 13, 2008 02:22 AM (Total replies: 11)

I think I found the problem.

http://taken.dyndns.org/images/halo/scriptsissue.jpg

So how would I go about connecting the script in my tags\levels\b40\scripts\b40.hsc folder back to b40.scenario ?

File->Compile scripts just says "Success", but doesn't actually do anything

Edit: Fixed that problem, my directory setup for scripts was, for lack of a better term, "Seriously F'd Up"
Edited by choel on May 13, 2008 at 03:07 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Issue after recompiling b40 May 12, 2008 10:52 PM (Total replies: 11)

Problem seems to be solved:

I re-extracted the tags, and rather then use sapien to edit stuff, I used that "a hobo" program. I've had no problems since, doing some basic stuff

http://taken.dyndns.org/images/halo/b40_battlerifletest.jpg
http://taken.dyndns.org/images/halo/b40_rockethog2.jpg
http://taken.dyndns.org/images/halo/b40_shieldedhunters.jpg

thanks for the help.

Edit: Nevermind, ran into the problem again. I think the problem is related to the single player scripts I obtained.
Edited by choel on May 13, 2008 at 01:38 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Controller or Keyboard? May 12, 2008 07:56 PM (Total replies: 83)

I use a 360 controller in campaign, because it feels -exactly- like halo xbox did. I don't play multilayer halo CE.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Issue after recompiling b40 May 12, 2008 09:56 AM (Total replies: 11)

don't laugh, but I couldn't actually find the single player scripts. I wanted to monkey around with them, but its rather difficult when I can't find them.

As for the assault rifle skin, Its rather vibrant, and I like things like that. But if you have a more accurate recreation somewhere, I'd love a link.

And no, I didn't touch the player spawn point. Is it possible that Hek+ made a mistake extracting the tags? I noticed I have a seriously f'd bitmap in d40 as well, possible mistake on hek+'s part?

Edit: I download the scripts off your website, recompiled and rebuilt, no luck still
Edited by choel on May 12, 2008 at 10:28 AM

Edit 2: Re-extracted tags, complied fine. Ran like it should. Then I made the same changes I made above and I'm back to spawning outside the bsp 0.o
Edited by choel on May 12, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Edit 3: re-extracted tags again. Opened in sapien, saved and closed. No changes. Complied and back to spawning outside the BSP. Sapien is destroying that file apparently.
Edited by choel on May 12, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Issue after recompiling b40 May 12, 2008 12:54 AM (Total replies: 11)

I just extracted b40's (assault of the control room) tags using hek+, opened it up in sapien. Added a few battle rifles and changed the starting weapon to halo 3's assault rifle, saved, then recompiled.

A number of problems have cropped up, and searching has turned up little results.

1. Wrong BSP is loaded initially
2. I spawn outside the BSP
3. No AI, or anything else for that matter, is spawning.

2 and 3 are probably just sub-problems of 1

http://taken.dyndns.org/images/halo/nobsp.jpg

^screenshot of initial spawn

Time: Fri February 28, 2020 7:28 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website