A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: KillerKip1
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 30, 2012 05:01 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 18
What Games do you play: Rigs of Rods
Rigs of Rods

Post Statistics
KillerKip1 has contributed to 1036 posts out of 469495 total posts (.22%) in 4,236 days (.24 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » :3 Waffles' WIP/RELEASE thread Aug 30, 2012 05:01 PM (Total replies: 1082)

This surprises me, this from the first game?
Edited by KillerKip1 on Aug 30, 2012 at 05:01 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » RipCord Construction Aug 30, 2012 04:54 PM (Total replies: 98)

Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
Sure you are bro. Hey man, good for you!

thanks? not sure if thats sarcasm or not.

The practicality and possibility of my concept is proven and works quite well, anyone is welcome to email me for my notes on making this software so they can work on it and create it themselves. It probably would work better in C++ rather than NPC, keep that in mind for anyone dumb enough to try writing custom coding.

Quote: --- Original message by: Lone Warrior
As much as it's cool that you got it working and all.... Why bother posting?

I mean if none of us can use it, surely there's no point posting to say that you got it working other than bragging about something we can't have. (This might explain the somewhat hostile reaction of others btw.)

I dont care about peoples reactions, I just thought those on here who were honestly interested about the end result would want to know, otherwise do with what you've heard as you shall. Im going to welding school, I dont really do computers much anymore.
Edited by KillerKip1 on Aug 30, 2012 at 04:56 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » RipCord Construction Aug 30, 2012 04:41 PM (Total replies: 98)

I guess not all of my text went out onto my first post right there, I am unable to release it because I am using it as part of a piece of software I am now selling.

I can post a few pics though if anyone is interested.

Halo CE General Discussion » RipCord Construction Aug 30, 2012 04:34 PM (Total replies: 98)

Rip Cord has been created and tested and put into use, just thought Id let everyone know it was a success, I am however, unable to release it.

Halo CE General Discussion » [MAP] RPG Snowy V2 May 22, 2011 06:03 PM (Total replies: 29)

Looks nice, needs some sizing work, mainly because master chief stands over 7 foot, so a couch should come to his kneecap at the most

Halo CE General Discussion » Destructible scenery Apr 23, 2011 09:26 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: IcePhoenix
Quote: --- Original message by: KillerKip1
Quote: --- Original message by: Juiceb0xhero

Anyone got a good video tutorial on how to make destructible scenery?
Edited by Juiceb0xhero on Apr 10, 2011 at 01:10 AM

We tried movable screnery a while back, but then again, that was 3 years ago, and it was too heavy for a biped to move it. (only a vehicle could budge it)

Wait you can do that? Why couldn't you modify its physics to be lighter?

Doesn't work like that, we tried many different ways. We ended up making it a vehicle, removing all ways of entering it, and then making it as light as the game allowed us.

Halo CE General Discussion » Next Halo Game Apr 11, 2011 07:29 PM (Total replies: 120)

Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
considering your latest Troll post earlier today I have lost all belief in any words.

343 already said what they were doing.

and it wasnt this if you wanna know just look up comicon of this year with 343

I did not mention 343 now did I? Stay on topic

Halo CE General Discussion » Next Halo Game Apr 11, 2011 07:24 PM (Total replies: 120)

Edited by KillerKip1 on Apr 11, 2011 at 07:29 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Next Halo Game Apr 11, 2011 07:17 PM (Total replies: 120)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dave Needs A Shave
Really? I don't know, Reach to me didn't have much memorable moments.
When I think of Halo 1 I can instantly think of several epic settings: the beach assault, assault on the control room with the scorption, the tight battles with the flood vs covenant
Halo 2 had similar scenarios like the landing on Delta Halo, the battles of new mombasa, the covenant civil war on the level uprising
Halo 3 had the Covenant and the Ark, both amazing levels.
Halo ODST was very different, yet it still offered 3 memorable levels to me: the warthog run in the park, the scorption run in the city, and the last level on the highway. Different style of encounters though but still acceptable.

Halo Reach...well I don't know, it just all felt so messy to me. I can't think of a single memorable encounter. It felt like a bunch of firefights after each other. You barely really had any allies beside you, and when you did they were dumb as rocks. I've seen marines standing beside a brute chieftain without even acknowledging each other's excistence.

There was no beach assault type level at all, I don't consider the dumb beach assault on that one level with a few elite droppods to be a worthy succesor to the epic encounters seen in the previous halo games.

/rant

Literal translation of my pervious statement +1 to you

Halo CE General Discussion » Next Halo Game Apr 11, 2011 07:06 PM (Total replies: 120)

Quote: --- Original message by: Xoronatus
Wow, I just watched a little bit of the Reach campaign again. Reminds me of how actually good Reach was. Pretty darn good encounters.

Not much storyline to eat off of though, people thrived off the relationship between characters in Halo 1, 2, and in 3. Even ODST had some good storyline to it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Next Halo Game Apr 11, 2011 06:52 PM (Total replies: 120)

Quote: --- Original message by: idltp
Quote: --- Original message by: KillerKip1

i can't believe so many people hate reach

You have indeed shown the inability to comprehend things several times now.
Wearing another person's shoe is a vital part of life however and will grant you great success if worn correctly.

Why attack an innocent comment
if you think that's bad...

I dont ever want to see that again, please don't post stuff like that here again, this is an on topic thread, please keep it that way, if you wish to share that, share it with Dennis, he will be able to do something about it.

Quote: --- Original message by: Xoronatus
Well, Reach is a good game, with some flaws, but I like it. Why else would I be on HRCEMT?

Alright, back on topic:

I thought they were going to remake Halo 1 in HD, I heard it was going to have all of the same sound. I didn't hear any details about multiplayer. I also heard that after that they will release Halo 4, which will continue the story of Master Chief and will finish his story. I heard Halo Combat Revolved will come out in like April, and h4 will come out like a year after that. That's just what I heard.

Halo 1 remake was in the doings, this Halo script I got is a possibility, not a fact, it has a poor chance of passing que if anybody knows what I mean. The script is good for a book.

The Halo 1 thing I have no information on. Nemesis? I had some info on it going into Alpha about a year ago, but Im not sure from there. As far as I know, its gone, but don't take my word for it.

The "Halo 4" was an idea pondered with since they first thought of the ending of the game, they decided 3 games was enough, and they ended up with 2 spinoffs (ODST and Wars), and a company remake flashback (Reach). Saying they are making a fourth continuation of John's storyline is premature as of right this moment.

I am not all knowing, I am just informed! =)

Halo CE General Discussion » Next Halo Game Apr 11, 2011 02:10 PM (Total replies: 120)

Let me take a moment to think about that...
You.

Quote: --- Original message by: SeL
you're so dumb 2l8

Wise words indeed.

Back on Topic, Now

Halo CE General Discussion » Next Halo Game Apr 11, 2011 01:26 PM (Total replies: 120)

Why don't you go work on your dumb cars instead of gloating about your insider information.

Who's gloating?

Halo CE General Discussion » Next Halo Game Apr 11, 2011 12:39 PM (Total replies: 120)

i can't believe so many people hate reach

You have indeed shown the inability to comprehend things several times now.
Wearing another person's shoe is a vital part of life however and will grant you great success if worn correctly.

Why attack an innocent comment, back on topic...

I can't give anymore information right now, but in 2 months I will be able to throw you some meat to chew on. For right now, the script (which is under wraps atm) looks good, but as for the game potential, I hope it improves a tad.
Edited by KillerKip1 on Apr 11, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Next Halo Game Apr 11, 2011 12:35 PM (Total replies: 120)

Quote: --- Original message by: OpsY

Honnestly what I felt with the campaigns in Halo 2, 3 and getting worse up to reach is the lack of player involvement. I remember when I got Halo 1, that feeling I had that as the game moved we were heading straight into hell. Totally stranded, marines in smaller and smaller number.. then you hit the flood. That was striking because you feared ''Hey we're on a ring but if only ''one'' dropship gets away, we're all doomed''.

When we got in Halo 2 however, this lost all it's meaning. The covenant taking High Charity yet beeing unable to somewhat have ONE ship go away and rape the galaxy? This proved even worse in Halo 3 when the flood came on earth and were wiped out so easily...

In reach, all their attempts for Epic were fun but in the end, it never felt like the book Fall of Reach did. It never felt like Reach was worth fighting for. Placing 30 warthogs in a cutscene as ''Humanity'' answer to covenant attack ''all across the viery territory''... Really, just cheap epic, cheap campaign not enough polish done and not enough player investment. And I don't mean buying armors, I mean making you feel like YOU are the one playing and having an impact on saving reach. Where were all those civilians we saw on concept art when spartans fought across evacuating civilians? Really I never felt pressed, scared, urged, panicked or any thing like that in Halo Reach.
Edited by OpsY on Apr 11, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Reach Summary: Epic, epic over, Next Epic, next epic over, Next following Epic Explosion, Level over, Next Level: Epic, Epic over, etcetcetc

Halo CE General Discussion » Most -Fail- Maps Apr 11, 2011 11:41 AM (Total replies: 28)

These kind of topics really are just flamewar bait. It's the breeding ground for demeaning comments of people's work.

Good point, forgot where I was for a little while, I am used to The Ranger Station forums

Halo CE General Discussion » Most -Fail- Maps Apr 11, 2011 11:27 AM (Total replies: 28)

Edited by KillerKip1 on Apr 11, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Walküre Apr 11, 2011 11:00 AM (Total replies: 113)

Looks good, just remember, "Frames Per Second" are your goal.

Minimum: 20FPS @ 2.0Ghz/2GiB RAM

Halo CE General Discussion » Destructible scenery Apr 11, 2011 10:56 AM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Juiceb0xhero

Anyone got a good video tutorial on how to make destructible scenery?
Edited by Juiceb0xhero on Apr 10, 2011 at 01:10 AM

We tried movable screnery a while back, but then again, that was 3 years ago, and it was too heavy for a biped to move it. (only a vehicle could budge it)

Halo CE General Discussion » Most -Fail- Maps Apr 11, 2011 10:55 AM (Total replies: 28)

Edited by KillerKip1 on Apr 11, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Time: Sat December 7, 2019 10:46 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website