A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: NeiaG
About Contact
Last Post: May 19, 2015 11:13 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Ohai Mark

Post Statistics
NeiaG has contributed to 161 posts out of 469389 total posts (.03%) in 4,173 days (.04 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halomaps Nostalgia Party May 19, 2015 11:13 AM (Total replies: 64)

Neat post is neat.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 11, 2015 03:20 PM (Total replies: 2780)

I'm surprised this still has hype.

Were you guys able to get rag dolls in? Because I swear when the Brutes die they have subtle changes in their positions on the ground.

I spent twenty minutes looking at those fish.

Quote: --- Original message by: RabbitFood
Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4
Quote: --- Original message by: RabbitFood
ery1 be hypin bout tsc:e
and im just over here like

"how dafuq does i uninstall os"

No but I'm running outta options. I've tried the control panel uninstaller, deleting all the O.S content, and I would try to uninstall it from the o.g installer if I still had it (the download for the old installer don't work for me, so I can't do that).

Hay I can help you.

If you already got halo ce installed make sure download this patch.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/64943622/0/0/0/0

Once you update this patch install OS AND your welcome to play b30 map.

Think you might've missed something important there.
"how dafuq does i UNINSTALL os"

I need to uninstall the previous version before installing the latest. I can't manage to do that.

I ran into a similar issue.

Heres the Download link for the previous OS:

http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?24960-HAC-2-Release

Open it, hit uninstall, Install new OS, ???, TSC:E!

I'M F***ING GETTING LOST. IT'S SO NEW!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!!

Mine installs, but when I open Halo CE, it causes the game to crash? Saying:

"Map Caching and checksum hooks failed", and "unable to load HAC: Error Code 998".

I am too stoked!!! I am gonna enjoy every moment of this!! We appreciate all that you have done for the community!

I use an HP Pavilion that has a shotty graphics card, and a habit of overheating regularly. As long as I can play this though, I ain't even mad.

Halo CE General Discussion » Twitch plays Halo. Feb 27, 2015 04:22 PM (Total replies: 6)

It is. And they got to A30 (or they started the game from there). After 28 hours, they have just passed the first portion and are now in the tunnels going in circles.

Never mind, I just checked back in. Guess they killed the Chief and are now back at Forerunner structure.

Halo CE General Discussion » Current Popular Maps Feb 3, 2015 12:44 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: Sehe, behind SAPP, has patched lead server-side. On SAPP servers you no longer have to lead, type /lead ingame

Interesting. For some reason I believed that it was impossible to patch something like that because of limitations with the BLAM! engine.

Halo CE General Discussion » Current Popular Maps Feb 3, 2015 12:13 PM (Total replies: 12)

I'm curious by what you mean by nolead. Are you saying that with the updated servers "leading" isn't a thing anymore?

Halo CE General Discussion » Current Popular Maps Feb 2, 2015 10:07 PM (Total replies: 12)

So it has been years since I last played Halo: Custom Edition and I'm wanting to get back into it. I wanted to do some Snow Grove but it looks like the glory days of that map are done for. What custom maps (that aren't vehicle based) are popular right now?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Anniversary Edition. What A Joke. Nov 26, 2011 12:16 AM (Total replies: 197)

I laugh and take a drag of my stoge as to where this thread has gone.

Also, I saw in a couple of posts how the CE community is just jealous of how 343 did it before them. I got just one thing to say to that.

SPV2.

This community did more. For free. Sure, it's not done, but it's still more.
Edited by NeiaG on Nov 26, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Anniversary Edition. What A Joke. Nov 20, 2011 05:23 PM (Total replies: 197)

I have been part of the CE community for a long time, since 2005 I believe, going in and out for these late years. I have seen remarkable feats from these good folk here. From recreating weapons, creating whole new weapons, even building enemies from the model up. But it was only until today that I have fully felt the astonishment it gives off. This was sparked off by my action of playing Halo: Anniversary.

343 Industries, which I believe I can describe most accurately as "A rape child between Bungie and Microsoft", thought it would be a good idea to do a remake of the first Halo. They have made new animations for cut scenes, totally redone the scenery for all the levels, new weapon models and sounds, even new bipeds.... Actually, scratched that last part. They imported them from Halo: Reach.

To the inexperienced mind, this is pretty cool. I will give it credit for the ingame swap-off between classic graphics, and new-gen graphics, and the new animations for cutscenes, but aside from that, this is a joke. There are multiple, MULTIPLE errors I have come across due to all their importing tactics which they have ignorantly viewed, they models on all the characters are also half-assed, limbs being ignored so they run around with their mouths gaping. animations in cutscenes, though I am impressed by their efforts, are horrible glitchy. All the sounds, in my opinion, do not fit the weapons at all, and there is nothing eye widening or surprising about this paint dunked, Christmas light wrapped turd of a game that should stay as it's original classic form.

And might I comment on someones quote
"We have made this game for the people who have missed out on the first Halo game"
Stop pulling lame-ass excuses to release the same game to widen your wallet.

You fine folk, who represent the Halo: Custom Edition face, I tip my hat to you in respect, for creating such beautiful masterpieces. By taking your time and effort to release a work of art for free to a small group of people shows you have more kindness to man than the half-brained nimwads at 343 Industries who have the nerves to even put the $40 price tag on the game.

Thank you, and continue to astound the community.
Edited by NeiaG on Nov 20, 2011 at 05:26 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO 4 Jun 8, 2011 12:24 AM (Total replies: 224)

Quote: --- Original message by: XlzQwerty1
It was probably build into his suit (That flashlight part) as seen in the video. But probably only usable in zero gravity space?

Or in other words "Let's put something in the suit but give no explanation for it nor acknowledge it".

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
It's the planet shown in the Halo 3 Legendary ending.

...which they now just completely killed. Honestly, I thought Bungie ended Halo beautifully (TWICE, Reach's ending was brilliant as well!) with the "Wake me, when you need me," and the set-up for Cortana and Chief drifting off through space or something for "hours, days, years even" yet here 343i just raped that whole ending by having him wake up a few minutes later.

I'm honestly horribly upset about this. I know it's just a game, but this is a game that has a fantastic story and I don't want that ruined by some greedy idiots milking the franchise for Microsoft.
Quoting for truth.

Edit:

Halo 4 installment?? ABSOLUTE JOKE. I am ashamed and feel the pain of Bungie that a second party gaming company takes over the already dry as bone storyline.
Edited by NeiaG on Jun 8, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » I NEED THIS!!! Mar 6, 2011 04:00 AM (Total replies: 7)

The real problem isn't just getting a decent model, the other real problem is getting a walking animation to work. At least from what I remember. Mainly because of how the animation is done. The Blam! engine dislikes it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Uh oh - Teletubbies V2 Feb 26, 2011 11:35 PM (Total replies: 15)

The eyes.......

I believe this was already released like.... Ages ago. I feel like the only one from the old times of last summer.

Halo CE General Discussion » Custom avatars Feb 15, 2011 11:33 PM (Total replies: 145)

Quote: --- Original message by: BlueGrunt 177
Thats a B.......????? Its sounds wrong :/

Hint:

But yes reason being is because of people who think it's funny to be a total idiot on old boards and ruin stuff for users.

Time: Sun October 20, 2019 8:49 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website