A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Gamma927
About Contact
Last Post: May 8, 2016 08:13 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 21
What Games do you play: Europa Universalis IV, Company of Heroes 2
Steam: gamma927

Post Statistics
Gamma927 has contributed to 12767 posts out of 464138 total posts (2.75%) in 3,355 days (3.81 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Quick Scripting Question May 8, 2016 08:13 PM (Total replies: 24)

Yeh, hit me up on steam. I fixed the weapons script. If anyone's curious how I did it (not the best way cause I clearly don't remember how to script anymore >>), pseudocode was:

Store value as binary array decimal: 0.01011 for false, true, false, true, true.
Multiply by 10 and check if >= 1
If so, set local variable as true and subtract 1
If not, set local variable to false
Then multiply by 10 and repeat again

Since there are no loops or helper functions, I just c/ped that logic 17 times so the script is pretty ugly, but it works!

Also the map itself is pretty unbalanced but I just want to see if it works.

Halo CE General Discussion » Quick Scripting Question May 8, 2016 04:20 PM (Total replies: 24)

Eyyy, one year bump. I'm kinda bored right now and looking to finally finish this. Not really sure who's still doing Halo stuff, but if anyone's free, hit me up on Steam cause I need a couple beta testers.

Also, getting the following error message when trying to open OS_Sapien to compile the script:

Sun May 08 14:15:20 2016

14:15:20 CheApe: Couldn't allocate the memory map! (1E7) UNKNOWN MAPPING PROCESS
Try restarting your computer if this problem persists.
14:15:20 CheApe: Yelo initialization failed!

Edited by Gamma927 on May 8, 2016 at 05:13 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Is Spikes122 Still around? May 1, 2016 05:09 PM (Total replies: 15)

Quote: --- Original message by: tanju77
Is gamma927 still around?

Hi.

Add me on steam: gamma927

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

Quote: --- Original message by: tanju77
Is gamma927 still around?

Gamma retired and has a career now afaik. I do however own all of his animations, still have to do something with them.

Yup yup. I graduate in about a month and have a free month before I start working. Funnily enough, I was browsing my YouTube to show my friend something and got a bit nostalgic. Might be fun to dip back into all this again. Hit me up people, would love to know how y'all been doing!

Edit: This forum formatting thing confounds me.
Edited by Gamma927 on May 1, 2016 at 05:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Quick Scripting Question Mar 18, 2015 08:53 PM (Total replies: 24)

...you just have everything, don't you :P

Just curious, how difficult is it to create new script functions using Open Sauce? I'd love to create simple helper functions such as something for binary conversion or modulus because I really did not miss LISP syntax that much :|

Halo CE General Discussion » Quick Scripting Question Mar 18, 2015 03:54 PM (Total replies: 24)

As a Javascript programmer used to breaking array sizes all the time, this irks me :(

I guess I'll store weapon values in a binary array and use the decimal representation for the variable instead? You wouldn't happen to have a script to convert a decimal to binary and vice versa, would you :P

Halo CE General Discussion » Quick Scripting Question Mar 16, 2015 07:47 PM (Total replies: 24)

Yeeeeaahh, that's about the last time I actually did anything.

Unfortunately, I can't rip the maps, since I compiled them with the OS feature that creates a project and compiles a bunch of shared maps, which messes with the ripping thing.

Fortunately, I do have the source files for the stuff in the video after I painstakingly recreated everything. I will release everything, but I'd like to fix this bug before I do, so the map is at least more playable :P If anyone can help me out with the problem outlined in the OP, that would go a long way towards getting that release out :P

In the meantime, of course, if there's any tags that you guys really really want, I can make some exceptions and upload those individually. I am procrastinating on studying for a final tomorrow, so I may not reply as quickly as you'd want, but I'll pop back in here from time to time. If any one wants to just chat for old times' sake, I am online on Steam for the first time in forever (Steam ID: gamma927).

Halo CE General Discussion » Quick Scripting Question Mar 16, 2015 07:19 PM (Total replies: 24)

Sure.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dgxwts2xddxy6au/Hub+Scripts.7z

Here are the scripts for the project (neatly commented, I might add). I don't really have much left since my Hard Drive wipe all those years ago, but this is a start. I'll look through and see what I can find.

Halo CE General Discussion » Quick Scripting Question Mar 16, 2015 07:06 PM (Total replies: 24)

Anything in particular?

Halo CE General Discussion » Quick Scripting Question Mar 16, 2015 06:29 PM (Total replies: 24)

I've probably lost everything that isn't in this map. I started this map several years ago with a "clean" tagset, basically a fresh installation and UI elements that Jesse so graciously made for me and Halo 3 weapon bitmaps and models, which I then went to re-animate myself. I do plan on releasing all of the source for this map, I'll probably just upload the tags folder since I have no idea how extraction works with OS...

Also, since this is actually a collection of multiple maps, I used the shared maps feature in OS to create a shared bitmaps.map and things like that. Pretty neat and it cuts down on filesize, since each BSP and mini-mission gets its own map. I think I intended it to be completely modular, so I could release a base version with 3 training maps, and I could release DLC in the future without having everyone re-download every single map.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Mar 16, 2015 06:22 PM (Total replies: 14960)

While I'm here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Qk6Qoxvko&list=PLQvJ0RnLCl6k_Qg6BG4dw7nFYygXoIMw2

Halo CE General Discussion » Quick Scripting Question Mar 16, 2015 06:17 PM (Total replies: 24)

Hey all, been awhile. I'm glad to see that there's still so many people here and it's nice to see a lot of fresh faces as well. Anyways, I recently updated to v1.10 and Open Sauce 4.0 to try out TSC:E (which is great, I really enjoyed the map and appreciate the hard work that the team put into it). However, this broke one of the maps I started a couple years ago. Since I'm no longer active in this community, I thought I'd release what I had so far since I thought the idea was really cool and I've always wanted a full-fledged, modular RPG in Halo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bySvFp5jUEM

To accomplish this, I was using several persistent variables such as get_mouse_yaw_scale and things like that to store the weapons that the player had purchased between maps. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work the same way it used to in the past. For instance, I used to use get_mouse_yaw_scale to store all the weapons the player has purchased, and I'd use (> (get_mouse_yaw_scale 13) 0.5) to check if the player had purchased the sniper rifle (it's great to be back to LISP syntax, by the way..). While that worked in the past, it doesn't seem to now. Trying to set it using (set_mouse_yaw_scale 13 1) ingame don't seem to have any effects whatsoever. Does anyone know if the use of these variables patched? I want to fix this bug so I can release the map and the source so others can play around with the idea or finish the map.

Thank you all for your time, and it's great to see you guys again!

Halo CE General Discussion » What does it all mean??? D: Sep 24, 2013 12:57 PM (Total replies: 14)

derp. Read too quickly; thought it was FP animating.
Edited by Gamma927 on Sep 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » The Deimos Incident (Innie Thread Take 2) Aug 10, 2013 02:32 AM (Total replies: 90)

Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Oh my God, I was tired of scrolling down all the page, so much pictures...

^Exactly my thoughts :P

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
You could incorporate jams and misfeeds, though, which would break up the consistency of prolonged bursts (and might incorporate a quick animation of the operator pulling the charge handle to clear it), but I don't think they should hurt the operator.

[18:26] An Eilifint Míchothrom: actually oyu know what
[18:26] An Eilifint Míchothrom: now i want to make an innie weapon
[18:26] An Eilifint Míchothrom: just to use the misfire effects
[18:26] An Eilifint Míchothrom: since nobody ever uses them :P

[13:38] An Eilifint Míchothrom: well the idea is that the innie weapons will probably be more powerful
[13:38] An Eilifint Míchothrom: but they'll damage the user on misfires
[13:38] An Eilifint Míchothrom: and theres a misfire anim

Your wish is granted :P

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Aug 8, 2013 06:09 PM (Total replies: 14960)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCRqdTSjOlI

Halo CE General Discussion » The Deimos Incident (Innie Thread Take 2) Aug 6, 2013 09:25 PM (Total replies: 90)

That was in there at one point, iirc :P

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE porting to Cryengine 3 (Petition) Aug 5, 2013 03:01 PM (Total replies: 103)

Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4
Dennis said to me that you're allowed to port Halo CE to CE3.

If we get many votes he can make it happen. Forget Microsoft,bungie they are no longer with original halo. No more.

Yeah, WHO'S going to do it? I can make a petition for free scrambled eggs for everyone and get a million signatures, but who's going to provide them? Petitions aren't magical vehicles towards progress; they're merely methods of communication.

Quote: --- Original message by: master noob
Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4
If we get many votes he can make it happen.

you can download the engine and rip the assets, why do you need a petition? you are literally rallying against nothing.

^This man is a wise man.
Edited by Gamma927 on Aug 5, 2013 at 03:02 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE porting to Cryengine 3 (Petition) Aug 5, 2013 02:51 PM (Total replies: 103)

I'm confused; exactly who do you expect to respond to this petition? I mean, it's a lovely petition with a noble purpose and all, but who exactly are you petitioning? Microsoft? Bungie? Gearbox? Even if there are a hundred thousand signatures, who exactly will put in the time and effort to port it? Remember that petitions aren't legally binding; no one is OBLIGATED to respond to petitions, and although the Halo franchise pulls in millions of dollars per year, this small Halo editing community is hardly worth the effort. I hate being the negative one here, but this petition really seems devoid of direction and purpose.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Deimos Incident (Innie Thread Take 2) Aug 4, 2013 10:12 PM (Total replies: 90)

I approve of this post.

E1: (object_pvs_set_object (unit (list_get (ai_actors <ai encounter>) 0)))

E2: I don't recognize this level anymore D:
Edited by Gamma927 on Aug 4, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Project: Insurrection Jul 25, 2013 09:22 PM (Total replies: 215)

Haven't done this in a long time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajT5gEcZzJY

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Portent II Official Thread Jul 25, 2013 01:50 PM (Total replies: 443)

Zealot is OP :(

Also, just wondering: why would I pay money to switch to a Peon loadout?

Overall, well done. Firing positions could use a bit of tweaking since the AI never pursues you onto the bridge, and you should set game_speed to 0 while the player is in the armory.

Edit: You should also put a seizure warning for the fun wave :P
Edited by Gamma927 on Jul 25, 2013 at 01:52 PM

Time: Fri August 18, 2017 2:08 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website