A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Origin
About Contact
Last Post: May 29, 2015 08:27 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
KNEE!!!

Post Statistics
Origin has contributed to 120 posts out of 469529 total posts (.03%) in 4,193 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lightmap/Radiosity issue May 29, 2015 08:27 AM (Total replies: 3)

Thanks for the assistance once again Kirby. ;) You are the man!

I played around and it's definitely a build problem, not Sapien.

Like I said in my edit it worked when I used a different name. Now I know why! :D

Thing is though it didn't happen until yesterday and I've done this before without it screwing up the lighting. O.o Oh well I'm just happy it worked. :)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lightmap/Radiosity issue May 28, 2015 08:55 PM (Total replies: 3)

Hello all,

I've been making Halo CE mods for quite a while now.

This morning I came across the strangest issue. Whenever I try to run radiosity, the map looks like this when I compile using Tool:

It does not look like that in Sapien. I also went to a year-old backup of Halo CE and I still get this issue every time I run radiosity and compile a new map. (If I use the original lightmap that came with a scenario it works fine)

I believe this issue started this morning when I messed around with a bitmap and caused Sapien to crash. Ever since then, I haven't been able to get any map to look right.

I hope someone can help me with this. I seriously cannot figure it out! :'(

I already tried system restore and reverting to an old haloce installation from another HDD

Thanks, everyone!

Edit: I also noticed this error from Toolpro: Bitmaps: Tried to add item levels\test\sidewinder\sidewinder__pixels with different size (303616) than expected (422912)..done

I guess the bitmap compiler isn't working properly? The red and yellow dots look like the ones on any given lightmap. Maybe there's some kind of offset in the wrong place?
Edited by Origin on May 28, 2015 at 09:57 PM

EDIT: I seem to have found a bypass for it. If you put the BSP under a different name and run radiosity again, it will create a new bitmap under a new name. Perhaps the default lightmaps aren't meant to be altered, thus generating the error mentioned in the above edit? Seriously though I've changed those lightmaps many times and I never had this issue before this morning, but at least there's a way around it. O.o I'm going to keep trying.
Edited by Origin on May 28, 2015 at 10:34 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Sounds for vehicles. Jul 28, 2009 07:32 AM (Total replies: 6)

edit the cyborg animation tag to use the sounds

Halo CE General Discussion » Majora's mask map Jul 26, 2009 09:42 PM (Total replies: 38)

Yeah I agree, its too much work. Great idea tho.

Halo CE General Discussion » Majora's mask map Jul 26, 2009 04:25 PM (Total replies: 38)

Thats good because the plugin also captures textures, only problem is that they are small and the alphas are stored in a different bitmap so it takes a while to fix them all

Halo CE General Discussion » Which Health meter is best? Post your opinion. Jul 26, 2009 04:00 PM (Total replies: 41)

Theres a whole thing, damage effects that dont hurt shields or spill blood...

Halo CE General Discussion » Majora's mask map Jul 26, 2009 03:58 PM (Total replies: 38)

dude, I have no effin idea what your talking about... I didnt make the video. I dont make the maps, I tag them, script them and populate them, but I dont model them
Edited by Origin on Jul 26, 2009 at 03:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Majora's mask map Jul 26, 2009 03:08 PM (Total replies: 38)

Your welcome, just wish I could have helped a little more :(

Halo CE General Discussion » Which Health meter is best? Post your opinion. Jul 26, 2009 03:07 PM (Total replies: 41)

Quote: --- Original message by: jesse
http://www.xfire.com/video/fc287/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bo said it couldn't be done...(HINT).

Its been done to death, I even made it zoom out when you fired :P
Edited by Origin on Jul 26, 2009 at 03:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Majora's mask map Jul 26, 2009 02:46 PM (Total replies: 38)

Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
you cant really extract. Only do what you just said, Origin.

Exactly, which is what poses a problem, the 3d "screenshot" also takes some characters and unwanted scenery that will lead to modeling and collision errors, you need to be a skilled modeler to be able to fix everything. And unfortunately, I am not a skilled modeler. :( and if you haven't done this sort of thing it could take a long time. It took almost a year to fix all the problems in Hyrule.

However, I will give you this link which will show you everything you need to know and everything you need to download.

Here it is, good luck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2yCUxl71AQ
Edited by Origin on Jul 26, 2009 at 02:50 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Majora's mask map Jul 26, 2009 08:17 AM (Total replies: 38)

It is possible to extract BSP from n64 roms using the 1964 emulator, theres a plugin i cant remember the name that takes a 3d "screenshot" of the area, you know that recent release, The Land of Hyrule, It was made using that, I was the one who extracted some of the models. Which by the way IS legal as long as its not for profit...i think but I'm pretty sure. I'll check back here once I find the name of the plugin.
Edited by Origin on Jul 26, 2009 at 08:19 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Grand Theft Auto Vehicles Feb 4, 2009 06:38 PM (Total replies: 108)

this isnt easy to do. (when I use my extractor) it never comes out right, doors are missing and headlights are missing plus I get so much extra scenery like the driver and stuff. just wondering is that the problems you get too?

Halo CE General Discussion » Grand Theft Auto Vehicles Feb 3, 2009 08:23 PM (Total replies: 108)

aaron's right. There's no call for that from any of us (but Advancebo should lighten up srsly)

Halo CE General Discussion » Grand Theft Auto Vehicles Feb 2, 2009 09:26 PM (Total replies: 108)

How does turning a marker make you expert?

My god, nearly everything we say can be used against us with this guy...

Dude, did I ever use the term "expert" in that post?

Why are you always doing this? I just want to lend a hand to someone who just happens to have a spectacular idea and I'm not putting up with your crap

Plus, I don't just turn markers, i make them something awesome :P

BUT as awesome as the markers turned out, I don't think I'm close to being an expert HCE modder so just keep your mouth shut

Edited by Origin on Feb 2, 2009 at 09:32 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Grand Theft Auto Vehicles Feb 2, 2009 07:32 PM (Total replies: 108)

I'm best at step five. But if you add a marker somewhere I can turn it into something cool like reverse lights or an exhaust. I do a lot of that special effects. They come to be usefull in movies :P

anyway, I'm good at doing the guerilla modding, speed, sound, functions, lights, making sure it doesnt fall on its side, adding seats, adding features.

If you would like to contact me personally, my xfire is k5origin

Halo CE General Discussion » Grand Theft Auto Vehicles Feb 2, 2009 06:39 PM (Total replies: 108)

SWEET! Can't wait :D

if u need heelp, i can lend a hand. I can do anything except model and animate.

Halo CE General Discussion » Grand Theft Auto Vehicles Feb 2, 2009 02:30 PM (Total replies: 108)

boy I hope this doesnt count as bumping...

are you gonna add police vehicles? (make Q for the siren :P)

and another thing, I know where you can download new cars so that must mean we can even extract those too? Let me know if your interested.

And a suggestion for the doors, just do Tiamat's trick: driver door opens using occuped and unoccupied animations, passenger doors open with gunner seat power (even if theres no gun)

Halo CE General Discussion » Zelda Map Back On Dec 20, 2008 11:20 AM (Total replies: 181)

Quote: --- Original message by: A Flyin Pig

but what happened to Ocarina of Time :( was looking forward to it

Don't worry. HMF is working on it. We're portalling it now so it plays music depending on where you go =D

Unfortunately we're getting some errors, I dont have much detail but I'll see what I can find out.

But latest word, we got someone who can fix them

Halo CE General Discussion » Zelda Map Back On Dec 12, 2008 08:32 PM (Total replies: 181)

Here are Hi Res OoT textures someone made

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V1N7TGC1

YAY! thanks

Halo CE General Discussion » Zelda Map Back On Dec 8, 2008 01:24 PM (Total replies: 181)

I'm not quite sure, but I think the bitmaps are even smaller than 64. maybe even 32!!!

I would use the rom's bitmaps if i was in charge
Edited by Origin on Dec 8, 2008 at 01:25 PM

Time: Mon December 16, 2019 5:01 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website