A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: eliteslasher
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 21, 2014 10:35 PM
Interests: Halo, snowboarding, computers, music (drums)
Your Age: 20
What Games do you play: Halo, Age of Empires, Call of Duty, Crysis, anything good
Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
eliteslasher has contributed to 3150 posts out of 469359 total posts (.67%) in 4,098 days (.77 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » (Release) Halo 3 flood infection Jul 21, 2014 10:35 PM (Total replies: 25)

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jul 3, 2014 09:34 PM (Total replies: 11478)

Quote: --- Original message by: PRPatxi
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher
Blowing the texture up like that seems to have created some pixelated edges especially around some of the round parts. I would recommend doing some spot tesselation and then blending if you plan to keep that texture size. Also, after the re-color/re-grunging, it appears some of the shaded areas have become less pronounced and thus look really 2D, even for a base texture. I would recommend going through and picking out the shaded areas in the original and trying to overlay them somehow. Maybe overlay with a greyscale of the original then bring the contrast up a bit until all the flat areas are white and only the edges where the shading is shows as dark, then create a mask and reverse the mask so that only the shaded parts show over top and then play around with layer intensities until you find a level that keeps your updated texture, but also adds in the shading at a good level to make it look 3D.

Elite, where the ehck have you been? killing Teemos I presume.

More like working on learning the electronic music scene and playing Gary's Mod.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jul 3, 2014 07:12 PM (Total replies: 11478)

Blowing the texture up like that seems to have created some pixelated edges especially around some of the round parts. I would recommend doing some spot tesselation and then blending if you plan to keep that texture size. Also, after the re-color/re-grunging, it appears some of the shaded areas have become less pronounced and thus look really 2D, even for a base texture. I would recommend going through and picking out the shaded areas in the original and trying to overlay them somehow. Maybe overlay with a greyscale of the original then bring the contrast up a bit until all the flat areas are white and only the edges where the shading is shows as dark, then create a mask and reverse the mask so that only the shaded parts show over top and then play around with layer intensities until you find a level that keeps your updated texture, but also adds in the shading at a good level to make it look 3D.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 10, 2014 02:15 PM (Total replies: 11478)

I understand that but what I am saying is that from a business standpoint, if it brings new interest to a product, producers tell imagination to suck it. All I am saying is that now that the franchise has changed hands, be prepared for disappointment, because they wouldn't have bought the franchise if it wasn't for the fact that they full on planned to sell out. Sad yes, but it will be true.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 10, 2014 01:19 PM (Total replies: 11478)

Yes but just as in Stargate Atlantis when they FINALLY got to meet some ancients, it was a necessity. Noone knew exactly that what their look or way of living would be like. Trust me, from a business standpoint, having the Forerunner and Promethean warriors included was a HUGE selling point because they were such a mystery to so many people. Much can be said about putting a real face to that which you know little about.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 9, 2014 05:25 PM (Total replies: 11478)

you could easily model this using multiple models just rotated around a central point like using a frame or a "working axis" (which is the best way to do it).
Edited by eliteslasher on Feb 9, 2014 at 05:27 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 8, 2014 04:27 PM (Total replies: 11478)

Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
It has that , I will maybe make it a little bigger

Ah I actually see it now on full res but yes, it is pretty darn small and is only a very thin line it seems.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 8, 2014 03:31 PM (Total replies: 11478)

may I make a suggestion on the ring? Where water and meets an exact edge of the ring it looks like it would just fall off, why not have an area on the very edges of the interior ring meant to look like it has a boundary for the landmasses. Maybe extrude and bevel it so it isn't just a rounded ring that goes flat as flat can be all of a sudden as well. I just think it would make it look sharper (visually not physically. It's too sharp physically )

Halo CE General Discussion » free steam game just like halo Feb 6, 2014 02:44 AM (Total replies: 36)

Then you probably shouldn't post this here.

A thought. Put 1 (in the center) or 2 (on the sides) waterways spewing from somewhere onto a trapezoidal-like drain and going over the edge into a large lake below and call it "Aqueduct" or "Drainage"

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 11, 2014 01:49 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: sos
If the DayZ community taught me anything, it's that this never works...

...If DayZ taught me anything, it's that we are all screwed because everyone is going to kill everyone because they have a backpack and a fire axe...
Juuuust sayin.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jan 11, 2014 01:46 AM (Total replies: 11478)

Holy freaking hell!!! This is by far one of the best things I have seen ingame for human style yet. Looks like it may even have better playability than Sciophobia.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 8, 2014 11:57 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Now that is just too damn sexy right there!

Halo CE General Discussion » how do make a Moving Crosshair ? Dec 4, 2013 08:26 PM (Total replies: 82)

might I recommend getting a picture with more than a "slightly" faded out... yeah, that word?

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 3 The Pit Dec 3, 2013 05:56 PM (Total replies: 515)

Quote: --- Original message by: A Juicy Frank
Right. No need for complex hoop jumping unless it's necessary. I had some free time so I was like I KAN DO DAT.

My initial theory was to have the .projectile's .gbxmodel be the plane, and have the texture drawn when the projectile embeds itself (response of 'attach') in an object, but I didn't know wtf I was doing.

my good sir, you just missed out on a great opportunity to use this gif

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1krcdQL3t1r5mm3zo1_500.gif

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 3 The Pit Dec 2, 2013 11:59 PM (Total replies: 515)

Quote: --- Original message by: A Juicy Frank
@Elite

It's without OS. I doubt what I did would be practical for all objects, however, as .garbage tags (or .decals for that matter) do not adhere to objects. This means the surface needs to remain stationary for it to look correct. I also had to use a new decal, as I didn't have the option of utilizing any framebuffer blending in a .gbxmodel.
They do have the benefit of disappearing on their own after a set time, or being the first to be deleted by the engine if there are too many objects, so there's that though.

It wouldn't have to move for my thoughts. My thoughts are just to have scenery work as part of a BSP. I am sort of a realism whore (don't crucify me Dennis, it's merely an expression) and I just can't stand how stationary objects do not take decals. It's always bugged me. Anyway, thank you for divulging this to me. I may have to find out later how this was accomplished from you or something.

Now I just need to find out how to draw lightmaps to stationary scenery and I may be all set!

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 3 The Pit Dec 2, 2013 10:12 PM (Total replies: 515)

Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Quote: --- Original message by: ASCENDANTJUSTICE
@ All: RIP Paul walker, people on fb keep messaging me that. Who is the poor guy?

The actor who plays Brian in The Fast & Furious series.

ASCENDANTJUSTICE: I could PM any beta maps to you via halo maps, so no worries.

As for a tutorial, maybe I'll get around to it. All I do is move vertices and connect edges, Boolean, extrude and such.

Well that's weird because in Family Guy there is a dog called Brian and he had a car accident and he died.

...and when they realize that the stewie/brian combo is the ONLY thing keeping the ratings alive, stewie will MAGICALLY create another time machine. I wouldn't bother counting Brian out until the voice actor actually dies or they kill the whole series. I can almost guarantee he will be back.

Also, is this decals on objects with or without OS?

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 3 The Pit Dec 1, 2013 11:39 AM (Total replies: 515)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher

Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW

Looking good jesse. It's been great to see how much your skills have been improving since the development of foundry.

Ever check out Halo 4's Pitfall? (No hate please).

http://teambeyond.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/1373141169-halo-4-champions-bundle-pitfall-establishing-screenshot-sightlines1.jpg

This would be awesome as hell to see in CE, but would obviously 100% require open sauce.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 27, 2013 at 05:42 AM

So, a quick question on open sauce, (not necessarily directed at you killa unless you are helping on development) is there ever going to be dynamic decals on scenery like bullet holes, burn marks and other things that are created dynamically from ingame weapons discharge or is this 100% impossible?
Edited by eliteslasher on Dec 1, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Even Reach doesn't do that :(

It's something that's bugged me for years, even COD can do it!

It's a bummer. It would make it much more realistic when you make certain parts that are meant to be BSP into scenery for the sake of polies.

Also, for those who don't know, RIP Paul Walker!
Edited by eliteslasher on Dec 1, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 3 The Pit Dec 1, 2013 12:16 AM (Total replies: 515)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW

Looking good jesse. It's been great to see how much your skills have been improving since the development of foundry.

Ever check out Halo 4's Pitfall? (No hate please).

http://teambeyond.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/1373141169-halo-4-champions-bundle-pitfall-establishing-screenshot-sightlines1.jpg

This would be awesome as hell to see in CE, but would obviously 100% require open sauce.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Nov 27, 2013 at 05:42 AM

So, a quick question on open sauce, (not necessarily directed at you killa unless you are helping on development) is there ever going to be dynamic decals on scenery like bullet holes, burn marks and other things that are created dynamically from ingame weapons discharge or is this 100% impossible?
Edited by eliteslasher on Dec 1, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [MAP] Fogg ~Custom Single Player~ Nov 25, 2013 07:54 PM (Total replies: 13)

Why would I download a map from a person who joined yesterday, gives no pictures or links to videos, and does not have a name similar at least to one that I know in case it was a person that got banned. This reeks of malicious content for sure.

Time: Wed September 18, 2019 9:39 PM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website