A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: olly12345
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 23, 2016 07:22 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 21
What Games do you play: Halo 1, 2 and 3, marathon and half life

Post Statistics
olly12345 has contributed to 980 posts out of 469492 total posts (.21%) in 4,147 days (.24 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 23, 2016 07:22 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Really nice, I never get higher then 40 :/

40?! We get maybe 12. Even the fastest places in the country only get 20-30.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 Forge is Coming to PC May 19, 2016 02:38 PM (Total replies: 67)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Y'know sometimes I think it is intentional.

Just like a random hoodie on the street will give you a premium hit for free on your first try.

But then after the second and third purchases the dosage get's weaker, and weaker, and weaker until you finally feel as if you've become either immune or being taken for a ride.

And of course when you complain you get sent home with a black eye, an even more expensive dose which is some how even weaker than all of the previous and a lump of regret burning a cold black hole in the tip of your brain.

You uh... you need someone to talk to buddy?

At least it's something! We've not had real PC support for any main Halo titles since Vista.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Blender .gbxmodel importer. May 7, 2016 10:52 AM (Total replies: 54)

So what's next for this? As someone who has been using blender for years, getting into Max has been fraught with irritation, so this could possibly be the greatest thing.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Blender .gbxmodel importer. May 3, 2016 08:13 AM (Total replies: 54)

The current download link on the Website is unavailable.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Zeus Relay Dec 24, 2015 10:35 AM (Total replies: 54)

It's fairly well documented that Sparky is a bit of (read: entirely) a nutter. Fantastic programmer no doubt, but a complete nutter.

Just don't bring up the topic of religion with him, it would be awful for him to have another little fit and completely wipe out and remove a huge portion of community stuff that he helped work on.

Quote: --- Original message by: spartin115
Is there any way to make the into cinematic skipable, I don't feel the need to sit through the same cutsceen every time I want to play the level.

I just use Game_Speed 7 until i hit the beach

sometimes it messes up though, but quitting and going from the checkpoint works.

It was a Singleplayer map I think... You spawned in a box with four giant heads... Or something. I forget what it was called, anybody help me out?

EDIT: Area 54! Such an odd map.
Edited by olly12345 on Oct 4, 2014 at 01:47 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Hello anyone here ? Sep 12, 2014 10:41 AM (Total replies: 14)

Teamspeak 3 I do believe.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Jul 23, 2014 04:14 AM (Total replies: 8490)

Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4
Yes I have created that model from scratch the legs feet was so complex. But some how I did it.

If you look one of pitbull image you could see that Flanker included bones in there but I accedently moved the model

But I can fix that problem.

But it's a Houndeye? Might want to give credit where it's due for the design.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo's Rasterization Resources Jun 17, 2014 09:18 AM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
Did you try messing with the tags already ?

Not really, no. I wanted to see if any one here had any info first before I started tampering with anything.

If you want to tamper with stuff, just make backups and modify the maps with modding tools rather than HEK. You should get 90% of the options you'd get with HEK.

Halo CE General Discussion » Graphics(I like my HReach graphics..but) May 26, 2014 10:15 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: robowarrior
I really was wondering this and it is hard to explain, here is an example of what I want to do: Find a default map(bloodglutch) and add a high graphics H3 H4 HReach tags to the guns and body of the Halo guy(maybe the Warthog or grass too) Save it as "bloodglutch" and replace the file. Then in my theory I would be able to join a bloodglutch on something like an ASHclan server. And it should show up only on my computer as I set it, right? Please explain why this does not work.

Textures yes, it is possible. If you try to add new tags, it requires recompiling, which will stop you from playing on servers.

However, if you just added the Models instead of an actual tag, you might be able to manage it...

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh

Quote: --- Original message by: AlekosGR
I am aware of the PC maps, but this is new to Halo Custom Edition

Pretty sure you can mod CE maps the same way as PC maps.
Edited by Mootjuh on May 13, 2014 at 10:03 PM

It's exactly the same, seriously people don't know this?

It makes things a lot faster too, since you can edit something, save and reopen the game. That's it, no recompiling after a small change. Takes about a second to save!

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94

Does this mean I can make wallhax?

Edit: [16:55] Btcc22 _: It's either the HAC 2 or OS map checksum cache that allows for fast start-up
Edited by altis94 on May 13, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Yep, editing the BSP stuff in Eschaton and changing shaders around can make some walls transparent! But it's a bit glitchy, sometimes just makes it the colour of the fog.

Quote: --- Original message by: AlekosGR
Yeah but, forget bullets. Imagine original maps re-textured and re-modeled. Others won't be able to see it, but the player can! You would be able to play a re-mastered version of bloodgulch without having to search for a server that suports it. I will do some research around this...

Oh it works, it's very easy to do, especially to give you advantages and such! Not that I ever did it outside of Trial/Demo.

Modding is very different from HEK, so if you used a program such as Eschaton or HMT, then it will be compatible with regular CE maps online, you'll shoot cyborgs on your screen, but bullets for everyone else.

It could be the same for a recompiled map using HEK, but I doubt it.

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Not to forget workshop support will make custom maps be played more frequent.

This. A hundred times, this.
Plus automatic downloads of maps which haven't been downloaded.

Quote:
This server is running the addons:
H4_Bloodgulch_Xtrem3.map
Download addon | View Workshop Page

We can dream....
Edited by olly12345 on Apr 12, 2014 at 04:45 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Is a homing missile possible? (Javelin) Mar 14, 2014 05:50 AM (Total replies: 80)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI

I think a weapon with that level of homing capability would be overpowered, or at least close to it.

As far as making it work, I suppose you could make it have great magnetism (making it OP and incredibly dangerous to any enemy)

I think Zteam's implementation of the Target Locator may be good for something like the Javelin.

Edited by Dumb AI on Mar 14, 2014 at 01:02 AM

Maybe a weapon that fires a projectile which has negative gravity effects, causing it to go straight up, then it creates an effect, which drops a second projectile straight towards the ground? It'd have limited range, but could be interesting.

Also, FYI the Javelin is primarily a Ground to Ground AT missile system, at least the one from MW2 is. The British also have a "Javelin" but it's a Surface to Air missle system that sits on a tripod.
Edited by olly12345 on Mar 14, 2014 at 05:53 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Jan 31, 2014 01:06 AM (Total replies: 8490)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Isn't he the one flying the Banshee?

Yeah, but because of the angle, it creates the illusion that the marine is incredibly large and lying on the ground.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Jan 30, 2014 07:43 AM (Total replies: 8490)

Quote: --- Original message by: PRPatxi
Quote: --- Original message by: vampire_girl
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af274/vampiregirlkelly/LOLfail_zps104f5ae0.png
Its' a bit... uh... problematic. But it's coming together.

I'm impressed by the position hes placed on the ground!

How did he get so large? No wonder you're flying so far away from him!

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 21, 2014 07:27 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: greg079
its important enough to talk about, gameplay is the biggest part of SPv3 (since it's an improvement of existing content) and something that needs to be done well.

Then it really doesn't need to be touched by any kind of realism, because real life isn't fun.

Time: Fri December 6, 2019 2:55 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website