A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: tygron
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 16, 2009 09:38 PM
Interests:
Your Age: Ask... that guy! *points in random direction*
What Games do you play: Your really asking that?
Furry and proud :3

Post Statistics
tygron has contributed to 2231 posts out of 464610 total posts (.48%) in 4,271 days (.52 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [Request] Look at my horse Dec 16, 2009 09:38 PM (Total replies: 23)

It would be... interesting to say the least. It's a funny song, I get some laughs from it every once in a while.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo:Reach screening, Spike VGA awards Dec 12, 2009 10:52 PM (Total replies: 813)

That Halo Reach preview disappointed me. I was waiting for the "HERE IT IS" thing they went for in the Halo 3 trailer... nope... nothing, just fades away. The game better not do the same.

Halo CE General Discussion » Xbox Sync? Nov 17, 2009 08:52 PM (Total replies: 28)

Quote: --- Original message by: PVT Jenkins
No like make a.map file sync it into the xbox with Halo Combat Evovled but renamed.... I want to know if this is possible and, if it works i'll try system link with my brothers and, see if the AI sync for this...

Putting custom maps onto the xbox requires modding. And unless the rules have changed modding of the xbox or xbox 360 is not allowed here as somewhere along the lines it's illegal and therefore this topic will likely be locked the next time Dennis comes around to lock topics.

If you want to mod the xbox try another place like www.halomods.com or the like, they usually allow modding xbox's.

Halo CE General Discussion » HEV (helljumperpodd) veachel? Oct 21, 2009 09:32 PM (Total replies: 48)

Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan

Yes the H2 one (that gamma shows) is already available on the site, I'm working on the halo 3 droppod.

e1: http://i36.tinypic.com/11wdpft.jpg
Edited by BeachParty clan on Oct 21, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Bitmaps REALLY suck, learn how to properly make them first and not using some screen caps.

I think you missed the point of using screen captures to texture something you're recreating.

And no, you cannot make screenshots during the first cutscene of ODST, try it yourself, so there is no way to get higher res textures than HD youtube vids and a few bungie screencaps.

dumarse, you got the whole point of what he is saying wrong.

Even so he made a point. Which i'll make a comment (where everyone will look at me like an idiot but hey I don't come around these parts anymore...) about what he did say.

Actually, there is a way you could screen cap it yourself... but that requires a capture card and unless you have any other use for it other than capturing screenshots it's sorta a bit too extreme to do. Just thought i'd say that for another possibility.

Halo CE General Discussion » Flood Carriers (Engineer) Oct 18, 2009 11:01 PM (Total replies: 58)

The engineer could have an invisible gun that is not able to be picked up by the player when it is killed that shoots over shields at the MC.

Quote: --- Original message by: darkassassin14
^^ wat?
my thot is in agreement to microsoft points and reach raffel or discount

Maybe I should type mine in and see what happens...

Meh I don't know what they are going to do.... but it can't be to special... I mean it's Halo CE..... it's old. They aren't going to do something major to a... what 5 year old game?

Sorry for being pessimistic but hey.

Halo CE General Discussion » Custom Edition Xbox Jul 14, 2009 09:47 PM (Total replies: 46)

Quote: --- Original message by: Karrde
I wish I had that.

*Starts bragging*... it's a very very sexy lookin xbox....

*ahem* sorry....

Uhm.... well I didn't read the thread to see what your looking for... the xbox you got in the first post really appeases me... can't really see why you'd want anything else... but thats me.

Halo CE General Discussion » HaloLand Jul 1, 2009 06:24 PM (Total replies: 41)

Loops, as far as I know, are impossible in Halo. You'd have to do some pretty fancy work to get it to work right.

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess map Jun 30, 2009 06:57 PM (Total replies: 76)

To be honest I liked all the locations on the ocarina of time one. I liked being able to go everywhere, capture the flag was so epic. And the music changes were cool too.
And it wasn't too awful big... but then again I loved the ocarina of time game so it threw me back.

But I can understand not makign the whole area from twilight princess... it's simply too big. And even though that would be epic fun, it's just too big to have fun with in halo.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Should I buy H2 vista? Jun 8, 2009 09:19 AM (Total replies: 11)

Well I haven't kept track of all the apps, and i'm sure most people haven't either. Out of the box the map editor is useless... i'm not saying it's bad... but unless you know what your doing you might as well not have it. Heck I can't even figure it out and I figured out Halo 1's HEK in a matter of seconds (well ok figured out how to do some small things) while I still don't know how to mess with H2's HEK.

Halo CE General Discussion » I Need help with teh cov_carbine May 25, 2009 07:26 PM (Total replies: 6)

It's missing the center dot thing to aim though. Add that and it should be fine.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Should I buy H2 vista? May 25, 2009 07:23 PM (Total replies: 11)

Well you should be able to run it.

Though if only get H2 if you want the story, the online play isn't all that great. But then again i'm not very good at H2 online so that could be hampering my experience. Though if your going for custom maps and such get Halo CE if you don't have it already. H2 sucks for custom maps and is very limited. If you wana know more of the story though it's worth getting.

Halo CE General Discussion » Forerunner Spear May 25, 2009 02:49 PM (Total replies: 10)

I like both of them really, the one on the Halowars cover is kinda ugly compared to these two models.

Halo CE General Discussion » Something strange with Halo CE and Vista May 22, 2009 10:05 PM (Total replies: 20)

Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
Aren't you supposed to start the external apps before Halo anyways?
Typically but there are times they don't work unless you start them after you run Halo... I think thats Vista doing that.

Though... I have vista and can minimize it and maximize it without problems. Well on my old vista laptop (which was upgraded from XP) ... my new one I haven't tried it yet.

Halo CE General Discussion » Need help..im new. (i read the rules). May 17, 2009 10:14 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: SGTsamuel
Huh, i never really knew there would be limitations...well thanks for dropping by.

There a a ton of things that are possible... but there are limits on things that can be done. The game engine is only powerful enough to do so much and since Bungie will never open source it to us we can not fix or make changes to the engine to make the thigns we want to work work. Theres a ton of things that we wish were possible, but because of this limitation alas they are not.

Quote: --- Original message by: Nexus Halo
Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter
This is the noobiest thread I have ever seen

Win. Personally I don't really like maps with nukes. I'm more of a person who likes good game play. That's why I love all the Halo maps. Not matter how much you play most of them they never get old.
I like serious maps don't get me wrong, but theres some times you just need to have fun and screw around. Sure you can do that on the regular maps but sometimes it's just fun to screw around on something made for fun. Like the new Hyrule field map, it's serious when you want it to be but I take it as more of a fun map. Even though I was loosing in points I was having fun just enjoying the whole atmosphere of the Zelda world implemented into Halo. Heck I was even thinking in Zelda terms; "if I go through here I end up in Kakariko... or I could head to Kokiri" or "ok time to head to lon lon to get a horse and then head over to gerudo" some times you just need to relax in a game.

Halo CE General Discussion » Some Yoyorast Island V2 pics May 15, 2009 06:52 PM (Total replies: 98)

Quote: --- Original message by: gamegodlazy
will there still be secret rooms and stuff?

I remember Yoyo saying that there wouldn't be... it detracted from the gameplay too much. You have to admit, having two gameplay servers (which turned into secret finding games after a while) and a ton of secret finding servers always running got annoying.

Also Doughnut... how could you say that about Kiwi? He was a great person back in the day.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Red UI Theme May 10, 2009 04:26 AM (Total replies: 51)

Artist: Pendulum

tracks: The Other Side, Propane Nightmares

Halo CE General Discussion » Some Yoyorast Island V2 pics May 10, 2009 04:21 AM (Total replies: 98)

I wasn't a big fan of the first because of all the cheating and random BS in most servers of the original. However, since the things that were bad about the first one are being worked out I should like this one better. Don't get me wrong the first one was great, even had several laughs learning the secrets and even just screwing around. It just kinda made me mad thats all most people wanted to do.

Honestly I hope to see some race servers or atleast some race games played on this, the first one was PERFECT for race except the vehicles didn't spawn properly. And now that i'm getting on my computer more and more i'll probably take the time out of everything else and just screw around Halo for a while, so i'll be playing this one a bit. Looks great Yoyo, i'm already loving the changes that have been done to the areas pictured... I can tell more or less where it's at and whats new... and it's great.

Time: Mon September 25, 2017 1:01 PM 359 ms.
A Halo Maps Website