A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Link
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 27, 2019 05:00 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 20
What Games do you play: PC games, because consoles suck! :]
Link here come to town!

Post Statistics
Link has contributed to 123 posts out of 469496 total posts (.03%) in 4,117 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Dec 30, 2013 01:46 AM (Total replies: 1869)

Quote: --- Original message by: ChieftainSnipe
I was banned from your server for no reason at all.

Were you one of those [CHP] clan people by any chance? I remember seeing a [CHP]Chief in the server. Those latinos from [CHP] were trolling so hard by blocking the weaponry room. Thank you Altis for banning them. <3

P.S: I was LUNK!! :D

Halo CE General Discussion » Wind Waker Outset Island [WIP] Nov 7, 2013 12:26 AM (Total replies: 63)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Send them to me just incase nobody is going to do anything with it.

Check your PM.

Halo CE General Discussion » Wind Waker Outset Island [WIP] Nov 6, 2013 10:19 AM (Total replies: 63)

@Ally
Don't worry, I don't do those type of things anymore as I've changed and matured.

Also I don't play Halo Custom Edition or plan on working on the maps anymore. I moved onto different games. So if anyone still wants the tags of various Legend of Zelda map projects from games like Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess, then let me know so I can upload 'em for you.
Edited by Link on Nov 6, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Windfall Island Sky. Where'd Mapzy go? Jul 8, 2013 02:29 AM (Total replies: 43)

Extracted, but that doesn't mean we extracted them out and just put them there easily. There were shet load of errors that both Cellista and Mapzy had to go through along with making our own animations for waves, water ripples, wind, windmill and for it to sync in all servers, etc. And that takes a lot of time too due to a 2 man team at the moment as Mapzy went inactive. :(

Halo CE General Discussion » Windfall Island Sky. Where'd Mapzy go? Jul 7, 2013 10:29 PM (Total replies: 43)

We like to delivery Directly2U!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zutL5URHPxE

Thank you for watching.

Halo CE General Discussion » Windfall Island Sky. Where'd Mapzy go? Jun 20, 2013 02:34 AM (Total replies: 43)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
imagine making the entire wind waker world in one map

Possible death of Halo. Or just some lag issues. Could be impossible to do.

Exactly, or the map file itself would be like 300+ MB along with major FPS issues for the ones with bad computers. The only reason why the Land of Hyrule map was stable with all those major locations from Ocarina of Time was because it was mostly N64 rips. But we are talking about Gamecube here which is even more harder to emulate with Dolphin emulator used in PC. So yeah, sorry rcghalohell, but it won't happen.

Halo CE General Discussion » Windfall Island Sky. Where'd Mapzy go? Jun 19, 2013 12:56 PM (Total replies: 43)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj52rvFqIHY

^ New video update of the windmill sync that was fixed by Cellista. So now it syncs at any map reset/late join/rejoin/map load in any type of servers such as 0 ping host, home dedi, or rental hosts from companies. But remember, when you use map reset, late join, or rejoin, then you must wait few seconds for the windmill rotation to fully reset and sync again. This was only the most possible way for the syncing to occur from what it was in previous state with either out of sync or major twitching issues on the windmill animations.

Halo CE General Discussion » Syncing Issue with script Jun 19, 2013 04:42 AM (Total replies: 6)

Since the syncing issue has now been fixed. There is one more thing that we need to fix to finalize the windmill. We are having a slight problem with the lighting of the windmill and would want to make it look bright as the first screenshot of the device_machine instead of how it looks on the second screenshot that's set as a vehicle.

Here are 2 different screenshots from 2 different test .map files:

This one is from the device_machine method which won't sync the players into the windmill well as it will go out of sync:

This one is from it being as a vehicle where it would sync the players into the windmill after like 10 seconds later of joining late without having any sort of out of sync issues on any type of rejoin/map load/map resets:

So anyone know how to fix this problem?

Halo CE General Discussion » Windfall Island Sky. Where'd Mapzy go? Jun 9, 2013 09:23 PM (Total replies: 43)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJoyKVUeyr0

^ Another new video. So we tested the windmill animation sync done by Cellista in a GameServers hosted server. When we loaded the map and spawned together on the map load without quitting or joining late, the windmill animations with the staying on the carts work perfectly as seen in that video. But let's say if one of us quits and later joins back in or joins the server late after the map load, then there will be an issue with the syncing again as it will bump players down just like before. So anyone have any ideas on how to fix this syncing problem?

Halo CE General Discussion » Windfall Island Sky. Where'd Mapzy go? Jun 6, 2013 11:56 PM (Total replies: 43)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MeGFQavL6o

A new video of the animated waves/water ripples added by Cellista along with the new animations to the shorelines. This render was much better than the last one from Xfire's crappy quality with sound delays thanks to Fraps and Sony Vegas. Also remember to watch it in 720p cuz we all know that 480p sucks :p

P.S: @Mapzy, you need to get on more often, bro. :D

Halo CE General Discussion » Windfall Island Sky. Where'd Mapzy go? Jun 5, 2013 07:15 PM (Total replies: 43)

Quote: --- Original message by: Captain Obvious
they rip.

Why thank you for clearing that out Captain Obvious aka OrangeJuice aka Kotu Sett. Maybe you should finish that boring old Hyrule Market project next..??? zZzzZzzzZz

Halo CE General Discussion » Windfall Island Sky. Where'd Mapzy go? Jun 4, 2013 03:46 AM (Total replies: 43)

http://www.xfire.com/video/5fef17

A new video of the water + sky done by Cellista. Along with a tour of the map.
Edited by Link on Jun 4, 2013 at 03:48 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Windfall Island Sky. Where'd Mapzy go? Jun 3, 2013 02:08 PM (Total replies: 43)

Nice! Imagine how awesome it would look replacing this Halo 1's current ugly looking sky. :D

Halo CE General Discussion » UNDERRATING/OVERRATING May 29, 2013 03:41 PM (Total replies: 48)

Sign in to rate this map. <--- Simple as that. A single user account can vote only once for a certain map. That will keep away from the trolls using proxy IP addresses to spam the map to its lowest possible rating.

Halo CE General Discussion » Windfall Island Sky. Where'd Mapzy go? May 29, 2013 07:35 AM (Total replies: 43)

Quote: --- Original message by: cellista92
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
I would suggest using larger screenshots to crop from next time. xD

lol, I tried that at first, but the large clouds did not fit on the screen; or they were covered by everybody and their grandmother.

Let me know how the newer cloud textures turn out.

Halo CE General Discussion » UNDERRATING/OVERRATING May 29, 2013 07:33 AM (Total replies: 48)

I was thinking of why not letting the members only who signed up for the forums can be the only ones who are allowed to rate the maps? That will keep away from the troll ratings..

Halo CE General Discussion » Windfall Island Sky. Where'd Mapzy go? May 28, 2013 04:34 PM (Total replies: 43)

Quote: --- Original message by: mapzy18
I died sorry

Welcome back. <3

Also Cellista = another big help that can help you finish this map. As I'm still a worthless mapper.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Land of Hyrule 0.3 (WIP) Jan 15, 2013 07:44 AM (Total replies: 85)

Quote: --- Original message by: Long Wang
Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
Quote: --- Original message by: arkaman
don't ask to have my topic locked.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23528091.jpg

That's funny, but to be honest, you shouldn't talk negatively about yourself.

Agreed. Even though I was a nuisance to Arkaman, Hydrogen just went way out of the line there..

On-Topic: I still got all the files for Land of Hyrule, Hyrule Market, Twilight Princess, and Wind Waker saved on my Hard Drive.

As the title says, I get this weird either graphics or mouse lag at random times as my Halo 2 Vista doesn't run smooth at all, so is there any particular fix for this? I am playing it on my Windows 7 gaming desktop with HD 7970, i7 2600K CPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM and I don't think it's anything to do with the graphics lag, but I'm not sure. I also have a Razer DeathAdder gaming mouse with 1800dpi that runs stable, so I'm thinking it's not the mouse either. I was wondering if I can get past the Vsync rate as well, kinda like Halo's No Vsync option where I can get more than 60FPS as it will run very smooth.

Time: Sun December 8, 2019 3:54 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website