A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: kirby_422
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 27, 2017 03:42 PM
Interests: アニメ
Your Age: 二十歳
What Games do you play: Hyperdimension Neptunia
Apparently public enemy number 1?

Post Statistics
kirby_422 has contributed to 3101 posts out of 464179 total posts (.67%) in 4,230 days (.73 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Legs in First Person Mar 27, 2017 03:42 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422

I would show my screens of how that looks with active camo and FP shield shaders, but imageshack has basically purged all their non-paying customers old stuff. Sorry.

http://m.imgur.com

Hows logging into my imgur account going to unpurge all my old photos that I don't have anymore?

Halo CE General Discussion » Uncommon tool error Mar 27, 2017 03:21 AM (Total replies: 6)

spheres are nearly always too round (other surfaces can be too, but typically spheres); given that you've said yours are extra round, definitely that sphere. Its the collision that doesn't like it, so you can have a render only surface that is extra round, and a more blocky collision only surface at the same location.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Legs in First Person Mar 27, 2017 12:05 AM (Total replies: 11)

The best way is to attach and detach parts identical to the legs pieces, to the character, however how well this looks will depend fully on your biped (and mostly their animations)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah1wP_qb3DA
Default H1 chief doesn't go anywhere near as well as Arby; havent checked H2 chief at this time.

I would show my screens of how that looks with active camo and FP shield shaders, but imageshack has basically purged all their non-paying customers old stuff. Sorry.

Halo CE General Discussion » Uncommon tool error Mar 26, 2017 11:48 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Twinreaper
MAXIMUM_BSP3D_DEPTH

Believe that was the error for collision being too round.

Greetings, last year the Christmas Mapping Team (CMT) struggled to complete our desired goal; this year, we did even worse, and it isn't even overly funny this year *shrug*

If you think something broke, it probably did (I slightly tested this year compared to last year), if it did, use developer mode and 'wake core_script' to advance the story... Of course, if you do that near the end, it will advance you to the end of the level... keep that in mind. When you become a drug addict, the effects will likely continue for all eternity; oh well, that's what you get for turning to drugs I guess.

Last year, people wanted an image; why not?

Collect presents, and help Santa decide who to take along with him to deliver the presents, now that hes behind schedule by collecting evidence to why they should, or shouldn't (I lied, its only shouldn't) help him. Since Trump won the election, he wins any ties in-game.

Last Years release thread
Download

H2EK is extremely stripped down compare to H1EK; Microsoft didn't really want people making custom maps, and hence stripped many features out (Some features have been restored by the community, although many features are still missing). H2 itself, doesn't even allow AI spawning in the Multiplayer Engine (people have applications to edit memory, to swap the engine temporarly to get some AI spawning in MP), and H2EK is only directly designed to compile MP maps.

Anyways, if you collect all the hacked tools, you can at least create a singleplayer map with Spartan and Elite AI, although they will not be able to freely wander the map; the information required to do so has been stripped. You can either have them stand still, or make them walk a set direction for a set number of steps. References to the AI are also stripped, meaning you cannot use scripts to refer to the AI later on (if they didn't strip this, you could of written your own AI pathfinding setup).

Look around here, thats an entire H2V community. The tools should be available there, as well as the few people left who deal with H2V.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » script problem Aug 11, 2016 11:08 PM (Total replies: 3)

The name does not have to match; a single hsc file can hold a multitude of actual scripts. What does it say when you try to compile it in sapien (like you're meant too; the only time tool tries to compile, is if it has corrupt scripts, from someone doing it incorrectly in sapien, and I do not even know if it reads the actual scripts when doing that, or just the invalid data it already loaded in sapien)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » script problem Aug 11, 2016 03:54 PM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: nathaninthailand
i expected (script <type> <name> <expression(s)>): (script startup)

Is the script you posted above the ONLY script? Because this here says that its encountered something thats definitely not part of the script you showed us; it says it encountered a script without a name, and without contents (what its upset about is the lack of a name).

Check your scripts folder for any other HSC files you might have there, and make sure you don't have any other random garbage in your hsc file.

Halo CE General Discussion » Script error question Aug 8, 2016 11:59 PM (Total replies: 3)

Continuous script's shouldn't list a datatype; only static and stubs are allowed to have data types. This script extractor also apparently doesn't keep track of other script names; it replaced all references to the static player script, with the name of the script it was already in (which would create these issues, as condensed wouldn't be defined to reference, until it had already completely compiled condensed, which it cannot do since it refers to itself)

Also, you never change plyrnum, meaning it can only ever heal the newest spawned player.

(global short plyrnum 0)
(global real regen_amount 10.0)
(script static unit player (unit (list_get (players) plyrnum)))

(script continuous regen
(sleep 2)
(if
(and
(>= (unit_get_shield (player)) 1)
(< (unit_get_health (player)) 1)
)
(unit_set_current_vitality (player)
(+ (* (unit_get_health (player)) 75) regen_amount)
(* (unit_get_shield (player)) 75)
)
)
(if (= plyrnum 15) (set plyrnum 0) (set plyrnum (+ plyrnum 1)))
)

Halo CE General Discussion » Video game survey Aug 5, 2016 04:50 PM (Total replies: 43)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
3) Blam only has that weird scripting language, despite having used it for years, I never found out what language I was actually using. Cheers to that.

It's Halo Script, a derivative of LISP

Anyways, Unity is pretty easy to use. You can throw lazy garbage code at it, and it just works lol. I've done things quite quickly with unity with no effort. I don't know what kind of overhead it requires for it to manage things so nicely, but I'm sure there has to be some.

Someones already made this thread (The natural assumption is that you've made it before in the past), but whatever.
Quote: --- Original message by: gabrieloup
-Grunts, Elites and Jackals can be dismembered, just like the Flood. However, it's not complete decapitation because of script errors and some unrealistic problems that can be caused as well because of how the Halo engine works. Mostly it's going to be both arms and one leg. Because, otherwise, you'd be able to shoot off an Elite's head clean off and he'd still run at you with no problems, or shoot off both legs of a Grunt and he being able to "float" around, still shooting at you. And if the engine allows it, Grunt methane tanks would also be destroyable. This feature would allow you to "disarm" (hah, no pun intended) enemies, in such a way that you can remove their weapons without killing them. Pacifist Halo players, your dream has come true.

Why can't you have their heads destroyable? I've never tried it, but there is an exact flag to deal with this sort of stuff; "forces object to die" to kill things when the region is destroyed. While I've never checked whether its been implemented, the logical conclusion is it is, since bungie would have likely remove it if it wasnt.

-You can pick 3 weapons at a time. A multi-million combat cyborg of the pinnacle of human technology should be able to carry more than just one pistol and one plasma pistol at at time. A real human can hold AT LEAST 50 pounds of equipment. This also makes the gameplay faster and more interesting, while still balancing everything.

Just start them with 3 weapons (you can only pickup a third weapon when its got flags to force pickup, but if you already have 3 or more regular weapons, you can freely swap them. Even if you give them some fake unarmed weapon for the third slot so they can grab a third)

-When pressing the flashlight button, the game goes into slow motion. Pressing it again turns the speed back to normal. If that doesn't work because of some engine limitation, then make Chief run faster for a short period of time each time you press the flashlight key button, and then have it do a recharge sequence so the speed boost is used again. The latter wouldn't be sprinting since it would actually drop a speed powerup which would make the player move faster in ANY direction and maybe even jump higher, like an adrenaline injection.

(game_speed <real>)

The rest of your things are basic tag edits. I don't see why you needed a thread, since you don't seem to be asking questions. Before making a thread, you should have some kind of progress (or questions). And, regardless of what other peoples feedback is, you should do what you want, for your own personal enjoyment (If the feedback is something you want, add it, if it doesn't match your vision, then let them build their own thing that matches their vision); chances are, people aren't going to be overly interested, so you shouldn't be going out there trying to pander to others, you should do what you want to play, and spend as much time as you want to.

Halo CE General Discussion » shader and opensauce shader tutorials? Jul 28, 2016 05:17 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: S12Spark
By the way forgot to ask, is there any program to extract or view open sauce shaders in an already compiled map?

Using OS tool.
os_tool runtime-cache-view

You can read any tag type, including OS tag types, and edit the tags for that session, in real time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwjneUAEBP0

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Problem with importing a BSP into gmax. Jul 27, 2016 06:32 PM (Total replies: 4)

I see two potential issues; one is how it shows it quoting the mtl file... Normally, quoting files, is about dealing with spaces in file names (treating it as a single unit), but your file path has spaces elsewhere that arent quoted... I'm pretty sure gmax, and 3dsmax would understand what do to, but the fact its quoting is suspicious; you should try putting it somewhere like directly in C:\ so there isn't any spaces in the file path.

The other potential issue, is the fact you're on a modern operating system, and UAC is dead set against people writing files where they want them. There is a Virtual Store thing, that holds files written to directories without administrative privileges. You might want to look up that, to make sure your file is really where you think it is.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Problem with importing a BSP into gmax. Jul 27, 2016 06:04 PM (Total replies: 4)

This popup here is just a generic error message, that it encountered an error in the script. Along with that window, there should be a second box that pops up (as long as its not an encrypted max script), that will have some highlighted text, that will show the actual action the max script was trying to preform when it failed.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Object Lists besides (players) ? Jul 14, 2016 11:57 AM (Total replies: 1)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
are there any object lists besides (players)? And if so, how do I find out the names of them ?

(ai_actors <ai>)

You can also use global variables to create your own, although it'll only have one object in it.

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
Ohh! ! And is there a way to get the unit names (or just interact. period.) with un-named objects, like the cheat_spawn_warthog warthog ?

They don't have names, so you most certainly cannot obtain a name that doesn't exist. With stock halo, there isn't anything you can do about those objects. With Opensauce, you can use
(player_data_get_object <short> "nearest_object")
to return any object that has an interaction prompt on that player's screen (vehicles, devices, weapons), as well as store that in global variables. You can store it in any object type variable, although none of the object_name type variables (since its not a name; its an actual object).

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2016 Live Jul 13, 2016 03:12 AM (Total replies: 395)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
I'd like to submit the CE3 stage as my project.

Then, that makes by biped a legit project too, right? I don't have to make anything this year?

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=46816

Quote: --- Original message by: TCGreflexhammer
I'm currently trying to have something set up in single player were if an event happens the players maximum health will be halfed (or just reduced).

(if (= hollow true) (unit_set_maximum_vitality Player0 .5 1))

I thought this might work but it seems the player doesn't count as a unit? also how do I modify the players shield regen

player0 is defined elsewhere; where did you define it?
define it like this
(global unit player0 (unit (list_get (players) 0)))

Also, unit_set_maximum_vitality doesn't work with percentages, it works with the exact values from the collision (A unmodified cyborg tag would be 75 body, and 75 shield)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien isn't reading my Scripts. Jul 10, 2016 11:05 PM (Total replies: 2)

Quote: --- Original message by: ICE x Toxiic
Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\tags\levels\test\deathisland -Where the scenario is.

However I did not have a "data" folder so I just made one and my script is located in there as follows.
Halo Custom Edition\data\levels\test\deathisland\test\scripts

you put an extra folder in your structure.
<HCE>\tags\levels\test\deathisland\deathisland.scenario
<HCE>\data\levels\test\deathisland\scripts\whatever.hsc

There is points when other things in your operating system may interfere with script visibility (UAC, and some integrations into explorer (I assume context menus; they sometimes only allow things like a.hsc to be seen))

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Yes you can. Its not easy nor is it useful to do so, but it is indeed possible if you know the basics.

Alternatively, 3DS max student licenses: the way of the future (also free)

You are wrong there snipes gmax contains less than half of the tools required to make a DECENT map.

.. You know, the truth is, you don't even need any modeling program to model anything; JMS files are plaintext files, meaning that even notepad could make the highest quality of maps; If your computer is capable of running Halo (or, 99% of computers that can't run halo too), you would be capable of making a model, with just the built in software. Sure, we'd all call you crazy, using notepad (or, vi if you're using a unix system) to type up all your vertexes and faces, but there is absolutely nothing (apart from your sanity) stopping you from doing so.

Time: Mon August 21, 2017 1:58 PM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website